Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Amaya’s head was slowly beginning to ache, only slightly at first, but it quickly turning into a splitting pain as she listened to Matsunaga speak. Two sharp horns began to slowly protrude through the flesh of Amaya’s forehead, the veins in her eyes breaking and turning the whites red. “So why come back now..?” It was a struggle to talk, head buzzing, perhaps he had given her a medicine to help her sleep?

"I wanted to do what I could for the youngsters. My old heart can't bear to see them die." He told her. He glanced back at her and stared at the horns for a moment before he spoke, "How do you feel?"

Her body hurt, like she was sick with a terrible fever, the room starting to spin and blur. “I think.. I think somethings wrong..” She said with a slight confusion in her tone. Her teeth ached- as did her fingertips, throat burning like she had inhaled smoke.

Amaya couldn’t argue with him, she both didn’t have the strength or knowledge of medicine to do so. Even so, something felt wrong, like her condition had worsened.

She let her eyes shift over to Matsunaga, tired and unfocused. “Of course, Matsunaga-senpai..”

Amaya tried to rest, closing her eyes, but she felt oddly restless, even if she was exhausted.

After a while of trying to sleep, something wet and warm splashed across her face. Opening her eyes in alarm showed that Matsunaga had thrown a vial of red liquid on her, eyes hard and cold with a faint amusement.

The blood hit her face and almost immediately her eyes snapped open, pupils slits. It took a moment for her brain to seem to register exactly what it was before she leapt out of bed and for Matsunaga with a scream.
That was all it took, a little blood and she was gone, now replaced with a hungry beast who would stop at nothing to feed herself.

Saliva dripped from her open mouth as she swung sharp claws for his head and neck, not letting up even as the small home they resided in became destroyed.

"I'm surprised at how quickly you changed. You never cease to amaze me, Oda-san." He said, "Spending months using your breathing to protect this whole village and only getting pneumonia for it, and now an instant demon transformation."

If she could hear him, it wasn’t showing; she let out a scream, rushing him and tackling him, sending the both of them tumbling and breaking through the door of the house and into the village.

There were dozens of shocked gasps and screams, Matsunaga doing his best to keep Amaya from biting him.
"Wh-Where is Sarutobi-san?"
"We're going to die!"

The terrified cries of the villagers fell on deaf ears, Amaya biting into the steel of Matsunaga’s sword with a growl.
It seemed to be the blood Matsunaga had in his possession that triggered Amaya to attack, surely she was hungry, which was understandable for a newly turned demon.

He felt her claws before he even saw that she had moved, blood spurting from the wounds on his face- he was lucky she kissed his eyes entirely.
Her attention was on him now, swinging wildly and trying to jump on top of him.

But it was her, the demon before him had her face, moved like her, and was even still wearing the old yukata she had been given by the villagers.
He was lucky she didn’t have her sword, but even if she did, she probably wouldn’t have been able to wield it in such a state.

She swatted at his sword, lunging for him, but something else caught her attention; the screaming and fleeing villagers. With no luck getting to Sasuke, she turned her attention onto the villagers and gave chase.

"No!!" Sasuke rushed after her, slamming into her and pinning her down, "Amaya, you can't!! You're a Hashira!! Your job is to protect them!!"

What had happened while he was gone in patrol? One moment she was sick, the next she was a demon- what had happened?
Amaya thrashed and screamed, clawing at the ground to try and break free, but it was no use.
Would Sasuke have to kill her? Would that be the only way to save the village she fought so hard to protect?

Back
Top Bottom