Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Yukimura frowned softly. “That isn’t the news we hoped for..” He looked to Akihime, once again at a dead end.

Megohime was glad his eyes were closed, face flushed red once more. “Thank you.. It’s wonderful here.”

Akihime gave a hopeful smile, though she seemed to be struggling a little.
"Daijoubu...we'll find the others..."

"I am glad to hear that.." Masamune said softly before falling asleep.

Yukimura nodded. “For the time being we should stay together, splitting up again will only be dangerous.”

Megohime stayed sitting with Masamune until about noon, growing tired herself and laying down on the floor beside his bed to just rest her eyes.

Akihime nodded, "Hai...!"
"Agreed. Here, Sanada, help me prepare this boar." Mitsunari said.

Kojurou had come in some time after she fell asleep, frowning softly with them being so close.
"Was this your plan, Masamune-sama...?" He asked quietly.

Yukimura nodded, only letting go of Akihime’s hand to go help Mitsunari drag the boar to a better place to clean it and cut the meat.

Megohime lay half curled up beside Masamune’s bed, hand reaching out to hold the very edge of his bed covers, as if she found comfort in the action even asleep.

"Ne," Akihime spoke, "how did you find Mitsunari?" She seemed very kind, polite.

Masamune looked like the sleeping dead, still as the grave. Kojurou hated him, as much as he hated himself.

Shouta looked to Akihime, standing only a bit taller than her. “He was the one who found me, actually.” He said, his tone was a gentle one, but she could hear a rigidness beneath it.

He made a noise, glancing to Mitsunari. “I’ll have to take your word for it. I haven’t known him for very long.”

Shouta found himself staring a bit too long at Mitsunari, wondering if he truly did have something inside him worth value. “Let’s hope you’re right.”

She had a knowing smile on her face as she watched Shouta before Mitsunari came back with Yukimura.
"Dinner will be ready shortly." He said.

Shouta nodded and looked around the forest perimeter. “We should still remain vigilant, I can keep watch while everything is prepared.”

Shouta frowned softly at the suggestion that they’d be safe during the nighttime, but moved closer to the camp regardless.

“So you will be taking first watch then?” Shouta asked, knowing they’d likely be safe with a Hashira on watch, but unsure of how she planned to do so.

Shouta looked a bit skeptical, but nodded and sat down to prepare the fire to cook the boar. “I’ll entrust it to you then.” He said with a nod.

Yukimura shook his head, keeping his eyes on the meat as he cut. “Not even bodies.” He spoke quietly so only Mitsunari could hear. “Only rumors with dead ends.”

"I have found the same." He replied, "It has been rather disheartening."

Kojurou managed to spend a bit of time with Megohime, which was nice after Masamune kept them apart so long.

Megohime enjoyed being in his presence again as well, enjoying tea with him and even asking him to show her how to cook easy dishes.

He was glad to, really. He had no one else to really share such things with. It was nice, almost like she was his daughter. They were enjoying dinner together when he heard footsteps come close to her room, and his heart sank. He knew who it was.
"Kojurou," Masamunecalled through the door, "there are demons causing a fuss in the town below. Tame them." Kill them, you mean.

Megohime’s smile faded slightly and she looked to Kojurou, knowing he had to leave - sad that he had to leave. She only nodded to him, like she was telling him it was ok for him to go in the middle of dinner.

Back
Top Bottom