Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Mitsunari was a quiet man and he was a firm mentor. He didn't coddle Shouta but he didn't make life hell either. He was a strong fighter, worthy of being a Hashira for sure.

Shouta worked hard, always knew when it was time to be serious, but he also knew just how to arouse Mitsunari’s interest; he certainly wasn’t a dull person, but reserved around others. He was gifted with a blade, dispatched demons without hesitation and was a quick study.

The two had been tracking other pillars for weeks, but their last lead only brought them to the sight of slaughter, dead slayers and kakushi- another dead end. For now they were stopped during the day, the only safe time to sleep and rest.

Mitsunari had gone off to find food, without a village to offer them shelter or aid then it was solely up to them.
"Stay here." Mitsunari had instructed, "I won't be long."

Shouta did as Mitsunari told him, tending to the fire for the food, and simply because it was a bit cold for him, so he enjoyed the warmth.

There was rustling nearby, maybe an animal, maybe a human. There was no way it was a demon though.

Megohime hadn't seen much of Kojurou in a good bit. She saw him around, but he didn't really spend as much time with her anymore. It was heartbreaking, but she was sure it wasn't because of her. It had to be their host, Masamune. But why?

He froze regardless, putting his hand on the hilt of his sword and standing, eyes narrowing. Although the bush was a bit blurry to him, his ears were sharp, listening to any footsteps that might give away who or what was nearby.

He never seemed to have much time to be around her, always having some sort of excuse as to why he had to leave her. She never argued or said anything, but it was clear she was becoming more and more lonely once more.

"Daijoubu, daijoubu...!" It was a woman's voice, one he didn't really recognize, "It isn't a demon, obviously...!"

At night, Masamune would come to her and be with her, keeping her company. It was odd, but not unpleasant.

“Show yourself. Now.” He ordered, tightening his grip on his blade, keep his eyes fixed to the bushes where the womans voice came from.

Megohime felt awkward about sharing a room with a man while she slept, but eventually she just got so tired from trying to stay awake, she fell asleep anyway.

"See, Yuki! It is a human!" The woman said and a moment later a woman with long wavy hair came into view with a man only a couple years her senior. They both wore the same garb as Mitsunari; were they hashira as well?

Masamune never defiled her in her sleep, merely watched her. Admired her, in a way. She was rather beautiful, and he hated to share his things. He didn't enjoy how close to her Kojurou had become.

He didn’t relax, didn’t remove his hand from his sword. “Who are you?” He asked, the taller man brushing leaves from his hair.
“Please forgive us, we didn’t mean to startle you- I am Yukimura, and this is Akihime!” He said, bowing his head to the younger slayer.

Megohime couldn’t get used to him just watching her, even when she tried her best to pretend he wasn’t there, eventually curious enough to ask his reasons one day while he prepared for his own sleep durning the day in his bedroom. “Are you afraid I’ll run..?” She asked softly as she had her back to him so he could prepare himself for bed.

Akihime smiled and bowed, "Hajimemashite!" Why did they dress the same? Could they have stolen those clothes? The swords? Disgusting. Were they after him and Mitsunari? Were they servants of demons?

Masamune halted briefly before he resumed dress.
"Not at all." He answered, "I enjoy your presence."

Shouta was on edge, that much was clear, Yukimura able to see that clear as day.
“Are you traveling with anyone? We’ve been in search of anyone who might still be around.” He said with a disarming smile, but Shouta was having none of it. He stared back silently, a soft scowl on his face as he looked the two of them up and down. What was clear to him was that they both outclassed him, but if they were truly slayers or not wasn’t clear.

Megohime was a bit surprised, fighting the urge to look back at him in shock. “You do?” She said, fidgeting a bit. “That’s why you've been staying in my room at night?”

"Shouta." He knew that voice right away, as did Akihime. She grabbed Yukimura's hand, eyes wide.
"Yukimura..." She muttered. Mitsunari had returned, dragging a rather large boar behind him.

"Hai. I know it is rather improper, as we are not wed." As if being demon and human wasn't as inappropriate enough.

Shouta glanced behind him to Mitsunari, and upon seeing he was not on guard himself, relaxed a fraction of a hair. “Mitsunari, are they..?”
Yukimura smiled widely, his heart aching at the sight of another fellow Hashira. “Mitsunari! I didn’t doubt for a moment that you were gone!”

Megohime in truth found an odd comfort in him going out of his way to be around her; it disgusted her. Shouldn’t she be repulsed by him? Shouldn’t she be afraid? “I.. I like not sleeping alone... Even if you aren’t sleeping..” She clenched her fists. “I don’t want to be alone..”

Akihime moved to him quickly and hugged him tight. Mitsunari stiffened before scowling softly.
"Nee-san..."
"Yogatta...!!" She was crying, "I was so scared I would never see you again...!!" Mitsunari looked to Yukimura and silently asked him to remove her.

"You are not alone, Megohime." Masamune told her, "You have me now."

Yukimura moved over to Akihime and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. “I think you’ll crush all the air out of him if you continue any longer.” He said teasingly.
Shouta relaxed more and released his blade. “So they too are slayers?”

Megohime felt herself flush from ears to chest, heart pounding hard. She had Masamune? He was going to be there for her? She was elated. “Thank you.. You may have me, as long as you’ll do so.”

Akihime moved away from Mitsunari, hiccuping and sniffling, "H-Hai...! We're Hashira...!"
"Nee-san is the Poison Pillar," Mitsunari told Shouta, "Yukimura is the Fire Pillar."

"Until you are old and withered, if you like."he told her.

Shouta looked slightly embarrassed, but one could barely see it if they weren’t looking. He bowed his head to both Akihime and Yukimura, straightening up. “It’s reassuring to see more slayers survived.”
“We’re overjoyed as well, we worried we had lost nearly everyone.” Yukimura said with a soft frown.

Megohime’s face was flushed red, nodding quietly at his words; they made her heart skip a beat, she felt embarrassed like he was declaring his love for her or something, but it was more of him claiming her as a pet though, wasn’t it? Either way, it made her happy.

"Are you training to be a Slayer?" Akihime asked. Mitsunari put hos arms in his sleeves.
"He's going to be the new Water." He stated. Akihime looked disheartened.
"A-Ah...so Jin-san...?"

"You may come closer now." Masamune said, "I'm decent."

Shouta shook his head. “It isn’t certain.. but very likely.” He said with a frown. “We happened upon what remained of the slayers and kakushi in her care- none of them remained.”

Megohime nodded and stood, turning and moving over to his bedside before kneeling beside the bed. Masamune was as beautiful as he was terrifying, but her gratitude to him quieted her fear.

"How sad...she was such a strong woman..." She muttered.
"She died doing her duty." Mitsunari said.

The sun was starting to peek ever so slightly through the heavy covers of Masamune's room and he gave a soft noise.
"You are content here, yes...?"

Shouta felt out of place now with other Hashira there, but he’d make do.
“Have you found any other leads?” Yukimura asked. “We’ve found no traces at all of anyone except for the two of you only days ago.”

Megohime looked back to Masamune’s eyes, nodding. “I am.”

"We've been asking from village to village as we go." Mitsunari answered, "However, lately we have been the only Slayers anyone has seen for quite some time."

He stared up at her for a moment before closing his eyes. "I'm glad. I want you comfortable and happy."

Back
Top Bottom