Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Nana couldn’t thank him enough, but if she were to live with him and hide until she was strong enough, she would have to learn to look more human. He learned that she wasn’t a slayer, but simply a kakushi, and she had been a demon for a little under a half a year. It was clear that she had gained power from Date’s blood, but that she didn’t know yet how to use it, nor could she blend in with humans.

He did his best to teach her how to look human, but that was a little hard for her to grasp. It took him a while to pick up as well, so he tried to be patient with her.

Nana wasn’t terrible at fighting, being rather agile and decent at hand to hand combat, but with what she was at now, she’d last less than a second against Masamune. She worked on maintaining a human looking form while he worked on bolstering her physical abilities, and if she was lucky, she’d have a kekkijutsu.

He knew she hated consuming humans, but there was no way she'd gain any kekkijutsu if she didn't. Thankfully, he had been around long enough to know what blood would help boost her strength, so he just brought it to her straight so she wouldn't have to feel so guilty.

Nana seemed to have an easier time drinking blood than consuming the flesh of humans, and soon it would become apparent during her training that she did indeed have a kekkijutsu.

Nana nodded, already having a relatively decent grasp on her new found ability. White dots appeared across her arms, pushing through her skin and forming white scales across her forearms. So far she had found she was able to use them both offensively and defensively, having almost complete control over them. “I’m ready!” She said with a nod.

It was like smashing his nails into solid steel, Motochika’s claws merely sliding right off of her armored arm before she attacked with her own razor sharp claws.

The scales on her arms were impenetrable, but Nana weighed next to nothing to Motochika, so it was easy for him to batter her around like a rag doll. Nana’s punches and jabs were decent enough too, but again, she lacked raw brute force; not to say she wouldn’t give some lower demons a run for their money, but they weren’t after some nobody’s.

Nana hit the ground with a hard thud, letting out a pained wheeze, stunned and unable to move- she still needed more practice fighting. After she was able to recover and breathe again, she pulled herself back onto her feet, standing to fight Motochika again.

“I need to get stronger..!” She said through wheezing breaths. “I need to be strong enough to kill that man!”

Nana knew this, she was aware that even though she had gained immense power, she was still weak. “I know..!” He could see her frustration, it knitted her brows and pulled her lips into a scowl. “I know that, but I still cannot just sit by idly and do nothing..!”

“I know that too!” She said, frustration clear in her eyes. “That’s why I need to improve! I need you to teach me!”

Nana would continue training with Motochika until sunrise when they had to retreat back into the safety of Motochika’s home.

It was late into the night, deep in the forest outside a small mountain village. A demon was running through the trees in a panic, scared for his life. The shadows seemed to crawl after him, shifting and squirming behind him. He tripped over his feet and started to sob.
"No! No, please! I don't want to die!" He pleaded. The shadows formed around him before a man pushed up from the darkness. He said nothing, unsheathing his sword slowly before giving a quick slash and sheathing his sword again. The demon gasped, eyes wide, before he started fading away little by little.

His hunt had taken him months to simply catch wind of any leads, but once he heard of the strange phenomenon surrounding a village, it was clear he was moving in the right direction. Talk of freak snowstorms surrounding a village secluded in the mountains were spreading through other towns like wildfire, stopping anyone from coming or going into the town.

Back
Top Bottom