Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Disconnected (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Ren climbed out of the car, staring up at the large extravagant looking home of his. She looked to Mitsunari in surprise. “This is your home..?” She asked softly. “Are you a member of a gang as well?”

Ren stared at him with a skeptical look, frowning softly. “We were taught all the gods vanished.” She said.

She pulled her jacket close to herself to keep the cold out, but it seemed to do little good. “Doesn’t really look like hiding..”

She frowned, but understood why he would hide such a thing. Inside was neat and clean, it didn’t smell of cigarette smoke and booze, letting Ren be at ease a bit.

He took her up the stairs and into one of the many rooms she saw in the hallway they entered. "There are clothes in the wardrobe. You can have them."

Ren entered the room, looking around before moving to the wardrobe and opening it to take a look at the clothes. They looked nice, but they wet clothes unlike she had ever seen, silk robes of some sort. Turning to look at Mitsunari, she tilted her head a bit. “Why are you giving me these..?”

She gave a tired laugh, looking back to the clothes. “I guess that’s fair... but I’ll get them dirty if I wear them.” Every piece was beautiful and spotless, much unlike her current condition in dirty stolen clothes, and a grimy appearance.

Ren nodded, closing the wardrobe and moving over to the bathroom to finally have a bath after all her time on the street.

He heard the shower, Ren making sure she was scrubbed clean before drying herself off and putting on a bathrobe she had found in the bathroom. Even with all the crime washed off she looked a little ragged, bumps and bruises on her arms and legs, bags under her eyes. She peeked out of the bathroom before exiting, the warmth from the shower making her tired, but she was still hungry. “Um... I wanted to thank you.. My name is Rengoku..”

She actually felt a bit bad for him, his face showed his pain, and his eyes his loneliness. She felt a bit awkward doing so, but she sat on the bed beside him, looking down at her hands in her lap. “I’m sorry I’m not who you were looking for... and trying to mug you..”

She was quiet again, then looked to him. “Was he a friend?” She asked gently, her own heart aching, the last time she had seen her own friend, she could barely think straight, the entire memory was hazy.

Ren felt awkward comforting him, unsure of how to go about it. He was a real god, not a knock off like her, what if she upset him? “I’m sorry.” She said quietly.

"Oh," He looked slightly alarmed, "You must be hungry. Come, I'll have the cooks prepare you food.." He stood and looked to her, waiting patiently.

Ren stood, following after him wearing just the bathrobe, figuring she could change later, her hunger taking priority.

Back
Top Bottom