Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Disconnected (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Ren waited until the man turned down a poorly lit side street before she made her move. Rushing up behind him, she pulled the knife, pressing the tip into his back. “Give me your wallet- take off the fancy watch too.” She ordered, voice shaky.

She pressed the knife a bit harder into his back when he started to look back at her, keeping her face hidden with the hood. “Don’t turn around!” She snapped. “Watch. Wallet. Now!”

Ren hit the pavement hard, the knife dropping on the ground next to her. Her hood fell back, pink hair still mostly hidden from the beanie. Her eyes were wide, what had he done? She hadn’t even blinked.

She stared back at him with wide eyes, the face of Tachi staring back at Mitsunari, but the longer he looked at the person on the ground in front of him, the more he realized it wasn’t Tachi. The person in front of him was a woman, but with how closely they resembled Tachi, it could have easily been his child. “I-I... Don’t know that name..”

When he grabbed her she flinched visibly, shrinking away from him out of fear. “I-I have a home!” It wasn’t exactly a lie, she had made a small place for herself in an abandon factory building, but it wasn’t comfortable or safe.

She looked hesitant, clearly scared and on the run, from her smell, she was a second generation. “I’m not a stray that’ll be made into some pet..” She said lowly.

Ren didn’t trust him for as far as she could throw him, but at the very least she could try to get some decent food out of him. “... I’m hungry..” She muttered. “I don’t want to eat garbage anymore..”

It was weird how affectionate he was being, she didn’t understand why- did it have to do with the mans name he had called? She let him lead her down the alleyway, not saying anything as they went.

He took her to a car that had been parked and waiting and let her get in first. He watched her with gentle eyes, it was a look she wasn't familiar with. It was so soft and caring.

The look put her on as much edge as when Takechi looked at her with hungry eyes. She sat in the passenger seat quietly, dirty and scuffed up, looking like a rat Mitsunari had picked up off the street.

It was clear to Mitsunari that this woman looked painfully like Tachi, but why? Did she share his base DNA? Was she from him? Had she seen him in the lab she was from?

She turned to look at him when he spoke, brows furrowed in confusion. “What are you talking about?” She asked quietly.

Ren looked at him for a moment longer as he drove, studying his face before turning away to look out the side window once more. He was odd, something somehow familiar about him, but she couldn’t place it.

Back
Top Bottom