Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Disconnected (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

He smiled softly, "Very well, apostle." He answered before they entered the den. The children crowded around them quickly.
"Can we see Yukimura-sama now?!"
"Please?!"
"We've been good!"
"Of course. Though, he needs my help and I must leave, you may speak to him when we return." Masamune told them. Kojurou frowned.
"Alone?"
"No, I will have Megohime with me."

Megohime felt her heart jump into her throat, beating hard at the thought of going out and helping others like her; what if she was captured? No, that wouldn’t happen with Masamune there, he was invincible.

Megohime nodded and moved after Masamune, skin itching as her feathers pushed through her flesh, the shape of her arms changing into wings dark as pitch.

Yukimura wasn’t far behind the dragon god, already flames sputtering from his back and around his arms, entirely engulfing him to change his appearance to a massive bird. He was unlike anything Megohime had ever seen, a massive beast of a bird, blazing red feathers moving like flames around him, almost as bright as the sun. He shot forward, moving a head of Masamune to lead the way, Megohime and the rest of the team moving just behind the two.

Megohime didn’t have to work too hard to keep up with Masamune and Yukimura, the feeling of the air beneath her wings something that felt simply wonderful. The flew for miles, which Megohime didn’t mind, needing to stretch her wings, but once the reached the city, her stomach twisted in knots.

Ren had been dragged along with Takechi once again to his fathers home, something about a raid and his father calling him to meet him at the tower to leave temporarily with Akihime. She could barely keep her thoughts straight, so strung out on drugs she didn’t even bother to ask Takechi any questions, she just followed silently.

Akihime followed Genzo to this safe house or whatever that he had been rambling about, not having the will to really fight him anymore. She had given up months ago.

When Takechi arrived at the penthouse, Genzo was still scrambling to collect his things, barking into his cellphone. “I don’t give a shit, tell them I won’t be there!” He stopped and looked over at Takechi and Ren when he saw them, hanging up on the call. “Took you damn long enough.” He snapped.

Genzo glared at his son, giving Ren a brief once-over. “She wouldn’t need anything if you didn’t keep feeding her that poison.” He said lowly. “Take Akihime down time the car, I’ll be right behind you.” Ren barely registered Akihime this time, flinching when she called her name, only to look to Akihime with unfocused eyes, saying nothing.

Ren again could barely even take in what was going on, reflexively hugging Akihime back, it was weak though, and she felt so frail.
“Takechi! Are you listening?! I told you to take the damn girl-!” He was cut off when the window exploded in, the dimly lit room being lit up like it was midday.

Akihime screamed, holding Ren tight before Takechi grabbed Ren and yanked her away.
"No!! Rengoku!!" Akihime couldn't see, stumbling to try and follow.

Akihime felt Ren trying to grab onto her arm, but her fingers just brushed past Akihime’s. The light faded in an instant, Akihime hearing the familiar sound of wings, then a hard thud. When Akihime was able to see again, there were others in the room, a woman with long black hair, Takechi pinned to the wall by his throat, and two others around Genzo, who was backed into a corner.
“I’ve got this one!” The black haired woman called over her shoulder, the other two keeping Genzo where he was as two more searched the house. “Empty!” Another young man came over to Akihime and Ren, wings in place where arms should have been. “Are you both alright?”

“We aren’t here to hurt you.” The voice came from behind her this time, from the large bird that stood behind her, flames filling her vision, but the heat she felt wasn’t painful. It was a pleasant warmth that made her feel almost overwhelmed with relief. “We’re here to free you.”
“Bullshit!! I own her!!” Genzo snarled at the massive beast, but made no move toward him.

Genzo was red in the face, looking both extremely angry and extremely terrified. “I own both of those whores!” He challenged back at Masamune.
Megohime held Takechi firmly against the wall, scowling as she listened to Genzo scream on at Masamune. She had been told not to kill any of the humans unless her life was in peril, but the way these humans were made her sick.

"You own your life and that is because I am generous enough to let you keep it." Masamune hissed. Takechi watched Megohime quietly, glaring at her.

“Don’t fucking look at me, human.” Megohime hissed lowly, meeting Takechi’s gaze with a glare full of hatred and disgust.
“Hah! You’re being generous? We’ll see if you hold that same tune when they castrate you!” They? Who was he going on about?
As Akihime and Ren were being coaxed over to Yukimura so they could escape, something caught Masamune’s attention. The beating of helicopter wings, the faint flashing of lights at the base of the building outside showing that a Recovery team was already in action to stop the raid.

"Yukimura, we need to hurry." Masamune said, moving to step on Genzo's fat neck. Akihime tried to help Ren drag herself to Yukimura, absolutely ready to leave this hell.
"C-Come on, Rengoku, you have to walk...!"

Ren did her best to stay on her feet as she followed the person practically dragging her across the room, unable to even recognize that it was Akihime right before her. What about Takechi? She looked over her shoulder at him, an empty look on her face, was he not going to come with her?

Back
Top Bottom