Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Disconnected (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Her moves seemed predictable, another punch for his right side, only this time when he went to deflect her blow, he was met with nothing. His brain registered wings, them being smacked on both sides of the head simultaneously as Megohime carried herself off the ground and into the air above Masamune; in an instant her wings were gone, once again replaced with hands on his shoulders as she came down behind him, landing on his back and dragging him down to the ground with her, the both of them landing on the cave floor with Megohime on top of him.

Megohime quickly jumped off of his back and away from him, holding her hands up with an embarrassed and nervous look on her face. “Sorry! I didn’t mean to pin you like that!”

Megohime still looked nervous, rubbing her shoulder and avoiding his gaze. “I didn’t hurt you, did I?” She asked softly.

Her face went beet red. “You were amazing.. I could barely see your movements.” She said, heart still pounding in her chest.

Megohime felt a bit of surprise and unsettlement at the fact he wasn’t even as fast as he had been. “You’re saying you were slow when you did that?” She asked, almost exasperated. “I could hardly see your movements..!”

The cave itself grew brighter, as if the sun was coming closer to the hole in the ceiling, then it faded. It was a familiar experience for Masamune, but it was one that left Megohime staring up at the sky with a bewildered look. “What was that?”

"An old friend..." Masamune mused. Kojurou came running, looking wide eyed.
"Masamune-sama!"
"Yes, yes, I saw. Shall we greet him?" Masamune asked as he walked off.

Megohime still had a puzzled look, but followed after Masamune regardless.
A slender young man stood surrounded by the children Masamune had under his care, all talking at once at the man who stood with a delighted grin on his face as he crouched to see them better. He had long brown hair, the ends a deep red that fell down his bare back, light flame like markings on his upper arms and back. He seemed as happy to see the children as they did him, even allowing a few of the smaller ones to crawl onto his back.

Yukimura turned at the sound of Masamune’s voice, his smile remaining as he stood again. “Nearly twenty years.” He said, stuck in the sea of children.

"What brings you here? Kojurou, take the kids to the den."
"Aaww!!" There was a chorus of disappointed whines.
"Yukimura-sama will return, they need to talk. Come along." Kojurou said gently and lead them away.

Megohime hung back as the two got the chance to speak.
“We’ve found a few of those lab-born that are high risk; ones we’d like to try and save within a weeks time.” Yukimura’s expression grew serious once the children were out of sight. “The models man makes for pleasure.” Even more so than military grade second generations, pleasure models were an even riskier gamble to go after, often having much more funding poured into the individual, and always bought by big fish with big money. “We need your help.”

Yukimura shook his head. “We’ve found a handful within the same ten city blocks, we know their locations and the humans who’ve enslaved them, but we don’t have the fighting force to strike them all before the others can flee.”

Yukimura nodded. “We appreciate the help; how much time do you need to prepare?” He asked, face grim.

Yukimura nodded, returning to the few men and women waiting not too far behind him to relay the news.
Megohime stood frozen to the spot before quickly following after Masamune. “I want to help..! My feathers have grown in enough for me to fly!”

Megohime’s expression was serious, and she nodded. “I can fight, I can fly- let me help..!” She pleaded with him.

Back
Top Bottom