Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Disconnected (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime shook her head, holding up her hands. “No, no! I’m not upset..!” Her face flushed red. “It’s just... embarrassing..”

“I’m like a house pet.” She muttered, letting her arm drop to her side. “I’ve got clipped wings and I’m trained to jump through hoops..”

“I know that I’m not.. But it all feels so much like it.. I’m just the canary that got out and has a little bit a freedom before it dies.. ya know? What if I wasn’t meant to be free..” She said softly.

Her cheeks burned red again, and she had to look away from him again; Masamune was always so dazzling in her eyes, it made it hard to look at him sometimes. “You sound so sure.”

Megohime didn’t really have an answer, she had seen firsthand how powerful he was- he was a god after all. She let out a groan and sat back, leaning her weight on her hands behind her as she looked up at the hole in the cave ceiling. “Because you’re not actually an all-powerful god?” She teased.

Megohime let out a snort, looking over at him. “You know, as a god, I really thought you’d be scarier.. Ah, not that I don’t think your not godly or anything, I’m sure you can be plenty scary, you just..” She let out a breath. “You’re much nicer than I thought you’d be.”

“Horrible, actually. Murderers, devils, you even eat babies in some stories.” She said matter of fact, but it was clear she believed none of it.

“What, get tired of the taste?” She said with a small snicker, a slight smile on her face, red eyes showing her delight in the banter.

“You’re so full of it..!” She laughed, then looked at him. “You are joking, right?” She asked.

Megohime was silent for a moment. “I once bit off an instructors finger.” She snorted, then laughed. “It didn’t taste very good though, so I spit it out..!”

"I've heard from others that humans are unpalatable...there is one I have not seen in a while, he lives in the sea...he used to resort to eating humans to survive and it always filled him with guilt.." He said.

Megohime blinked and stared at him. “Gods who lived in the sea? I’ve never heard of that..” She said thoughtfully, keeping her eyes transfixed on him as he spoke. The part about eating humans didn’t much startle her, only surprised her that at least part of the awful stories she had been told were true.

Megohime was a bit caught off guard, looking to Masamune. “Of course! It’s amazing here, and everyone is kind..!” She tilted her head. “Why do you ask?”

Back
Top Bottom