Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Disconnected (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Ren had throughly Genzo had a fancy home, but he never had personal chefs before. She looked to Mitsunari in surprise before looking to the chefs, she didn’t know what she wanted to eat. “P-Pork cutlets sounds good.. and maybe some vegetables..?”

Ren followed Mitsunari once again, eager to receive warm food that wasn’t from a trash can. She sat where Mitsunari told her to, fear still gnawing at the back of her mind.

Ren lowered her head. “I don’t have the money to pay you back for anything like this..” She admitted.

Ren frowned softly, did he want something else from her then? She wouldn’t give her body to him, even if he was a god. “What did you want then..? I don’t have much...”

Ren wasn’t sure exactly what he meant by companionship, did he really just want her for pleasure? She couldn’t bring herself to ask such a question, and if anything, he at least was far more kind than Genzo or Takechi. She responded only with a silent nod, the smell of dinner cooking starting to come out from the kitchen.

He sat quietly as she ate - or rather wolfed her food down. He didn't seemed bothered or offended, she was from the street after all. The idea of someone giving up one who looked so much like his lost love...his rage began to boil, his fist clenching. But he tried not to lose himself.

She didn’t care what she looked like as she scarfed down her food, she was starving and the food tasted divine. Only when she glanced up and saw Mitsunari with a soft scowl on his face did she freeze, fork in the air. “S-Sorry...” She felt like she was going to be struck for behaving so poorly, Genzo would’ve struck her right there if she had done something so grotesque in front of him.

The gentleness that he spoke with unnerved her the most, but it also put her at ease. He looked at her like she wasn’t just some whore, not like Takechi or Genzo did. She wiped her mouth on a napkin and started to eat with a bit more manners.
How had she ended up on the street? She certainly didn’t look like she was from a laborers stock, she looked expensive, and beside being a bit roughed up, she looked like she had been previously in good care. Certainly she hadn’t just been dumped on the street.

It felt rude to ask her so quickly as to why she was in such a state. So he would have to sit in wonder for now. He didn't mind.
"You don't have to be restrained if you're hungry. Forgive me if I come off as stand offish...I don't mean to be."

Ren thought over the words he said, giving a slight nod. “Thank you.. Mitsunari, I really do appreciate it.” She said softly, going back to her food.

After the raid, the two groups had gone their separate ways, as they always had after working together on any mission. Yukimura agreed to take in Akihime, offering her a place in his home, while Megohime left once again with Masamune.

Akihime was quickly infatuated by Yukimura as soon as her shock and grief subsided, he was so kind to his subordinates as well as her and the other second gens. She didn't forget about Ren, always asking the scouts if they might have found her. She kept the pink feather with her everywhere she went.

They lived in a dense forest, but despite them living amongst nature, many houses and cabins were built both on the ground and some in the trees. The little settlement was bustling, kids running around, teens, even a few in their twenties, all of them second generations. Yukimura had scouts check for Ren every time they went out, but no one saw hide nor hair of her.

Megohime being able to fly again, enjoyed her time teaching children how to fly, even if it was a slow process.

"You've built so much for beings like us...why?" Akihime asked.

A lot of the kids had a hard time but they all seemed to manage. Megohime was a fun teacher, a lot trying to keep up with her.

Yukimura had been walking with Akihime, worried for her fragile mental state after being rescued and losing her friend along the way. He slowed his pace and looked to her, giving a soft smile. “It used to always be this way, people like us living all together, supporting one another and living peacefully.”

Megohime had a good time flying circles around the children, laughing and teasing, letting the children catch her and generally just rough housing, she almost seemed like one of the kids themselves.

"Really...?" She asked softly, "Incredible...what changed...? The humans...?"

The sound of heavy wings sounded behind them, and Masamune in his dragon form zoomed passed them.
"No fair!"
"Masamune-sama, you're cheating!"

Yukimura gave a sad smile. “We all did. Time moves forward as does man.” The answer was vague, but with the sad look in his eye, she knew he wasn’t saying something. “How have you been holding up?”

Megohime was nearly blow off course with the air pressure, but quickly flew after Masamune. “Isn’t it cheating when you’re a little more aerodynamic than the rest of us?” She teased.

She lowered her gaze, "I'm doing well here...everyone is kind, and my withdrawls are lessened from the drugs Genzo had been giving me. But no one has been able to find Rengoku..."

He glanced at her and smiled as best as he could as a dragon, his wings beating languidly to keep himself airborne.

Back
Top Bottom