Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rage of Dust (1x1 w/ DarkMudkip)

Megohime tried to ignore Masamune, shooting one of Matsunaga’s men out of orbit. “I just need to buy them a little more time..!” It was no use, Megohime could feel herself passing out, and a moment later, she was slumped in her seat unresponsive.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Masamune grabbed the throttle and forced Shax to just fly, navigating throught the beam fire with Kojurou and whoever was left to the ship, crashing into the docking bay and screaming the ship to take off.

It was a miracle that Shax was even still functioning with Megohime out, but their luck ran out the moment they crash landed inside the docking bay, Shax powering down and leaving Masamune and Megohime in the dimly lit cockpit.

Megohime was in and out after that point, only catching snippets of conversation that went on around her, seeing blurry faces and bright lights.

Kojurou worked tirelessly to keep her stable, her vitals all over the place and in critical condition. But he wasn't about to let her die, not for all she had done.

Megohime clung to life, even if just barely; she had finally made it back to her family, she wasn’t ready to drop dead just yet, but Matsunaga had done his damage. Megohime’s lung capacity had taken a heavy hit, and with how irregular and shallow her breathing was, she nearly needed to be ventilated.

"How is she?" Masamune was practically a mess. Kojurou looked to him with a frown.
"I'm doing my best for her, but it'll take a miracle.."

Another bout of fading in and out, eyes barely focusing on Masamune’s face, why did he look so worried? She didn’t feel any pain anymore, only tired and heavy, unable to move or speak.

Masamune never really left the medbay as Kojurou worked, and when Megohime was stable enough, he put her in a pod to continue her recovery.

He would catch Megohime staring at him every so often, but he could tell she was mostly out of it. Kojurou had given her some pain medication, along with oxygen tubes looped under her nose.

Megohime woke again, unsure of how long she had been out for, but the room was dim and quiet. She could still hardly move, only able to look around the room with blurry eyes.

Megohime stared at Masamune silently, still feeling a heaviness in her chest, even with the oxygen mask on. How long had she been out?

Megohime could barely move, but she managed to gently touch her hand to his; it was almost out of reach, only able to touch his fingers gently.

Megohime nodded, hooking her pinkie around his hand, about all she could manage to do in an attempt to hold his hand. “Yeah..”

“I don’t know if ok is the right word.. but yeah.. I’m awake..” She said with a slight nod.

“Pretty much nailed it..” She said softly, her body aching and rather stiff. “What of you..? How’re you holding up..?”

Back
Top Bottom