Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rage of Dust (1x1 w/ DarkMudkip)

Megohime nodded. “We’ll be ready for them.” She said. “Put him in a fucking retirement home.”

Megohime let out a snort. “Don’t waste the materials, just burn the fucker.” She laughed, smiling back.

Her cheeks flushed, and she looked away quickly. “Bastard doesn’t deserve any luxuries, that’s all..”

“I won’t say no to that.” Megohime said with a smile, walking side by side with Masamune as they headed to the cafeteria.

Akihime sat with Yukimura, sharing her food with him so he wouldn't starve in his captivity. She was still trying to convince him of Gjallarhorn's not-so-noble ideals and why she left them behind, but it was still hard. She at least wanted to be sure that if she let him go, she and Sasuke would have enough time to leave before Mitsunari showed up.

Yukimura accepted the food offered gladly, sitting and eating in silence. How was he supposed to just believe what this woman told him? It wasn’t like he struck her as a liar, but Gjallarhorn was his family, he grew up under their care.

"I hope you will consider keeping my location a secret.." She said gently, "I know I've said a lot of things that counteract what you've been taught but I truly do not wish to return and I hope you will respect that much.."

Yukimura chewed on the too-tough jerky that Akihime was sharing with him, staring at the light that glinted off the metal of the cuffs around his wrist from the fire in front of them. “I... will not tell them of where I met you..” He finally said after swallowing his food. “But I do not think it right to hide that I did from your father.”

Yukimura glanced at her with a slight nod, finishing off the rest of his jerky, still holding doubts and worries.

Over with Ipos, as Sasuke worked on minor repairs, maintenance and the like, a voice suddenly spoke up. “You still have the Gjallarhorn boy, why?” It wasn’t an aggressive question, entirely a one of curiosity.

“He’s Gjallarhorn.” She pointed out, voice coming clearly through the speakers of Ipos. “How could she like anyone from there?” She asked incredulously. “Just dump him in a hole somewhere and be done with him.”

The mech was silent for a long moment. “Akihime and I are no longer Gjallarhorn.. it’s different.” Her tone was soft, forlorn almost. “We left behind that life and started new.”

“Dogs don’t count.” He could just hear the sarcasm in her tone. “Anyway.. we’ve never stayed in one place this long, it makes me anxious.”

“Knock him out and stick him in a box, he’ll fit with the rest of the cargo easily.” She said simply.

Another pause. “Of course I don’t. He’s Gjallarhorn, I wouldn’t want him near her even as a corpse.”

Back
Top Bottom