Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bloodkiss/Raziel99

She scoffed, moving to the saddlebags and opening them. "Show off..." She muttered, rumaging through the bag and coming up with a white kimono, a pattern of small black and red cherry-blossoms trailing across it. She untied the scrap of silk she was currently wearing, shrugging out of the torn kimono. She unfolded the new one, slipping into it and tying it tightly.

He looked away when she started removing her clothing. It was getting harder to fight temptation, and he definately didn't want her to be cold and unwanting if he did. But when she was finished, he turned back to face her. "There. All better now. I think we should start walking towards the town. At least we will be doing something."

She mounted her horse, her bare feet tapping his sides gently. She walked the horse to his side, pausing and glancing down at him. "You're welcome to ride. He's large enough to hold us and probably another."

"I am fine with walking." In truth, he was sure that their kimonos were thin enough that she would feel something rather unpleasant to her if he rode with her. But he didn't mind walking anyway. He didn't even bother with the kimono. Not yet, anyway.

She nodded, tapping the horse's side with her heels. He started off at a slow pace, walking beside Terao, his hooves padding softly across the forest floor's mulch.

His footfalls were completely silent, his body going on automatic as he stretched out with his senses so his eyes didn't move up to the beauty in white at his side. he was looking for any disturbances... And he thought he found one. "You might want to stay here..." He said softly, moving forward faster.

She heaved a sigh, grumbling to herself. "I thought that we had agreed that we were equals..." Her horse whinnied softly, stamping a foot on the ground as he became aware of her agitation.

He stopped and turned to her. "You think just anything could do this!?" He said, agitated, pointing to the two large scars on his chest. "Stay back. I'm not risking anything..." His voice was heavy with it's own pains, and he turned from her before she could say anything, pulling out his wakizashi and the masamune before rushing forward.

The thing was closer than he thought, crashing down in front of him, knocking down two trees as it charged at him. It was like a giant four-legged spider, with some sort of demonic head in the center. One of the higher Oni's. Terao was fast, blocking and cutting off one of the razor-sharp foot. The thing howled in rage and stabbed forward, catching him in the wakizashi arm. he didn't even cry out, just cut the second leg off before jumping forward and plunging the Masamune deep into the things head. It writhed and screeched before falling dead to the ground.

Terao moved away from the beast, pulling out the barbed talon-leg with a small grunt, throwing it off to the side. "And that..." He said to her, breathing heavy as his arm bled. "...Is why I said to stay back."

She sighed. "I can see that you still don't trust in my ability to weild a weapon. I've fought beasts of the like before." She paused, dismounting and inspecting his arm. "Sit down." She went to the saddlebag and pulled out a small jar of salve.

"That is not it." He said with a growl. He refused to sit, pointing at his chest. "you see these? These were made by the Great Oni, the oldest and strongest of them. Many people died without making a scratch on him. I don't trust those beasts with anyone."

She nodded, dismissing his words with a wave of her hand. "Well, that doesn't change the fact that you're injured. Now: Sit." She opened the jar, scooping some of the thick balm out with deft, experienced fingers.

He sighed but obeyed, moving and sitting down, looking around them. The beast was alone - most oni's traveled alone. They were safe for now.

"I didn't feel the pain anyway." He said softly, looking away. he was accustomed to injury, found it inevetable against those beasts of burden.

She leaned down and inspected the wound once more to make sure he hadn't left anything in it, her hair falling around her face like a red silk curtain, the wild waves of the strands still slightly damp. Her face was inches from his arm, her thin, gracefully-arched eyebrows knit tight together in concentration. The wound looked alright, and it was a clean enough cut that it should heal quickly. "It should help it to heal faster, as well." She glanced up, her face relaxing. Her hands were still working the salve into the wound, gently massaging.

He could do it himself, but he let her do it, letting his mind wander. His hair was tied back, out of the way from his face and shoulders, and he was looking slightly to the side, into the forest, but his eyes were slightly unfocused.

She smiled faintly, wiping her hands off in the grass. "There. All done." She followed his gaze, and saw nothing of interest, so stared at him for a moment. "Is something the matter?" She noticed the glassy look in his eyes.

He shook his head quickly, clearing it before looking over to her. "No, nothing is wrong." He stood slowly, stretching his muscles out before turning away from her. "We should get back. I have a need for meditation."

She nodded, then paused. "I've been camping here in the forest for the past few nights. If you have somewhere else to be, mayhaps we should part ways." She shrugged.

((I'm gonna be away from my computer for like a half an hour, but I'll be back soon.))

"I don't." He said softly, turning his head to face her. "I am not expected back for a few days. So i'm going to take my travels easy."

"Where will you go, then?" Her eyes were once again hidden behind a layer of ice, all tender, matronly thoughts flown from her mind. She was cool and composed, her mind and soul encased in silver armor once more.

He sighed, looking around for a moment before looking back at her. "I guess i'll stay with you for the night, if you do not mind it." His hands went to his kimono, pulling it back up to cover his chest, resting on his arms.

She nodded. "That's fine. I had a fire built in a small clearing a short distance from here." She took her horse's reigns and turned him toward their camp. "It's not far. A few moment's walking." She started off, the horse following obediently.

Back
Top Bottom