Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bloodkiss/Raziel99

She rolled her eyes, ignoring him and brushing past. Kneeling at the river's edge and soaking her arm, she sighed and ripped the kimono's sleeve off, dropping it to the ground with a soaked 'squish'. She picked at the cut on her arm, grumbling to herself about men and their inability to listen.

He went up to her, quickly making a splint and wrapping her arm, making sure it was cleaned out. "There." he said, a little low as he helped her up. "We should get going, covering ground."

She didn't speak, but tugged her arm away from him and started walking. "I can handle myself just fine, thank you. I'm not a helpless maiden." She growled quietly, tugging at the loose threads of her sleeve, or lack there of.

He growled low at her behavior. "The least you can do is say thank you." He mumbled, before walking past her, finding the trail in the woods.

She glared at the back of his head for a long moment before speeding up to walk beside him. "I didn't ask for your help, nor did I need it. So I don't see why I should say thank you."

He growled low, holding back spitting in front of her, and he picked up his pace. "you listen here, I don't need you to take down this criminal. I can do this alone. If you want to be a little, ungrateful bitch, I don't need your kind where you are bothering me!"

She stopped abruptly, baring her fangs. "Well, if you would get down from your goddamned high-horse for a moment and quit acting like a self-concerned bastard, maybe I wouldn't be so rude!" She huffed and turned on her heel, heading back into the woods. "I don't need your help. I'll catch him myself."

He turned quickly and growled. "We will see about that." He said in a low voice. He was quick, his hand reaching behind him and using skill alone, stringing a Ya to the bow and firing from the hip. The arrow soared to its mark, finding the foot of her kimono and burying the head of the arrow into the ground. So she wouldn't run off. "I will deal with you in a moment. I thought I heard a sound deep in the woods."

She gawked when she was suddenly yanked to a stop. "Hey!" She tugged at her kimono, ripping it easily and freeing herself. She stomped after him, tugging at the now riduculously short kimono. "You're just determined to ruin my clothes, aren't you? There's not going to be anything left of this damned kimono when you're done, is there?"

He had turned away, but he heard her words and heard her approaching. "Now listen here..." He said, almost as a growl, and he turned around... only to be face to face with her. He stopped himself, holding back a blush on his cheeks. At this range, he could not deny her beauty. There was many things a man could want from her, and a many good thing that she could supply and enjoy. It took a moment to thrust that out of his mind. "I will get you a new one once we find this man." He said in a low but soft voice.

She huffed. "Well..." She paused, at a loss for words. "I do object to being treated like that. You can't just tell me to stay like some animal at your command." She picked at the fraying edges of what was left of her kimono.

"It is safer where I can keep a eye on you and you can't be attacked." He said softly, turning away from her. "But I still heard something, and I need to investigate."

She huffed, putting her hands on her hips. "Where I can't be attacked? Have I not already said that I'm not a helpless maiden?" She followed him with silent footfalls. "I'm coming with you. I can defend myself just fine, and you might need my help."

Once again he stopped and wheeled around, only to be face-to-face with her beauty. He faultered in his words, his hand coming up slowly, pulling a bang from her face to behind her ear. "Let me take care of this." He said softly.

She rolled her eyes, batting his hand away from her pale face. "What is it with men? 'Let me do everything for you'." She mocked him healf-heartedly, drawing her sword and brushing past him. She glanced back at him, her silver eyes flashing with a hidden flame before icing over once more with the familiar frost. "Let me help." She was determined. "I'm stronger than I look."

He turned his head to keep watching her, his hand going to his wakizashi and unsheathing it as well. "I have met my fair share of strong female samurai. I have felled a good deal of them as well, dangerous ones. A few have given me scars, and I nearly lost my life to one. I know a woman's strength. But it is a strength that needs to be preserved."

She smirked, her dark red lips twitching upward at an amused angle. "I'm sure that they were quite strong. But I'm not samurai, and therefore not bound by the rules that held their power back." She shrugged. "I can hold my own with a sword. I'm better with a bow. Or daggers."

He heard her words before walking past her. "I have part of a mind to use you, part of a mind to leave you, part of a mind to kill you, and part of a mind to accept you coming with me. I'm leaning towards the latter." He turned to her before looking forward again, hiding a blush. "you have no idea how hard it is to be with another's company after being alone for many years."

He sheathed his weapons and looked around with his keen eye. "I heard footfalls and whispers. I think there are two of them."

She nodded silently, following his gaze and looking for any sign of others. She had heard a snippet of a whisper earlier, but hadn't thought much of it.

There was a louder sound as two men jumped from the trees above, landing on both sides of them, flanking.

"Give us your woman and we'll kill you painlessly." The bigger one said in a gruff voice, pulling out a large club. The other pulled out tantos.

"Well then, I will have to say that I cannot do that." He said in a soft voice, moving himself into a defensive position.

Ariya laughed, seemingly undisturbed by their appearance. "That's it? Wow. I was expecting at least a little bit of a challenge. Oh well." She held her sword ready, her back to his as she prepared for a short-lived battle. She glanced over her shoulder at him before addressing the two. "Oh, and I'm not his woman. That doesn't mean that you can have me. I just thought that I should clarify."

"She wishes." He said as a quick comeback, before jumping out at the big man with a quick attack.

The battle lasted a total of about 15 seconds, which was mostly playing defensive to wear them down. But they laid dead before the two of them, and he wiped his blades against the ground to clean them off before sheathing them.

Ariya scoffed. "Please. Not even in your dreams." She sighed, wiping the few small streams of blood from her sword. "That wasn't even worth using the damned blade." She feigned a pout, sheathing her sword and picking at her fingernails idly.

Back
Top Bottom