Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bloodkiss/Raziel99

Bloodkiss

Star
Ariya tugged at the belt of her kimono, but the silk had a mind of its own. The damned thing had been crooked all morning, and there wasn't anything she'd done that worked to fix it. She heaved a sigh, standing up from her spot on the river bank. A few people milled about, the bright sunlight making for a busy market morning. She stretched, yawning, before making her way up the bank to where the merchant's stalls were.

Terao was sitting by the riverbank, eyes closed in a meditative state. But instead of channeling his energy inward, he reached out with it, with his senses. To know if anything was going to happen. There was already attacks on people in the town. he wasn't going to let it happen anymore.

Ariya sautnered to a stall, glancing at the beads and baubles hanging there. They were all pretty, but boring. They all looked the same. She turned her silver eyes back to the river bank, watching the odd man sitting there. He'd been sitting like that for quite a while. Almost longer than she had. She wandered to the bridge, leaning on the banister and watching him curiously.

He felt the movement of all the people in the city. But one caught his notice. A female moved onto the bridge nearby, and was watching him. He could tell by the direction she was breathing. He didn't move, but he made sure to keep his attention on her.

She chuckled, feeling his presence reaching out. "You know, it's odd to sit on a river bank for hours at a time. I thought I was the only one who did such a thing."

He didn't open his eyes, just simply spoke. "And it is odd for one to just strike out and kill random villagers. Without a set target. unless it was to lure out set target?" He now stood slowly, eyes opening as he looked at her. He had shoulder length brown hair, tied back at the nape of his neck. He was tall, taller than most at 6 feet.

She smirked, clicking her tongue. "Tsk. Who would do such a horrid thing?" She picked at her nails idly, watching him out of the corner of her eye.

"I believe you would." He said softly, his body loose. Ready to combat, though he didn't show it.

She gasped, feigning shock. "What would make you think that I would do such a horrible thing? I hardly even know you..." She smirked, flicking a strand of red-gold hair out of her icy eyes.

She laughed. "Suspicions? Is that all? Or is it the scent of blood on my hands? The color in my lips?" She sat on the banister of the bridge, unperturbed. Her pale skin seemed to glow in the bright light of day, a pale cream against a dark silk kimono.

His kimono was green, with the insignia of a dragon on the back. "I know more than you know, assassin."

She laughed. "Is that so? I suppose there's no real way to tell if you do, unless you tell me what it is that you know that I don't. Of course, you would therin give me the knowlege that you possess, putting us on the same level." She tapped her chin in thought. "Hm. I suppose that would put us in a quandary."

"You will have to pry my information from my mind. And you dont have any way of doing that."

"You won't get it from me." Again, he turned away from her. Ready for her to strike.

She laughed. "You can't honestly be that daft." Her strange accent rolled over the syllables, the words bouncing lightly off of the river. She leapt over the railing and landed several feet from him. "And neither am I. What are you playing at? You plan to trap me? That just makes things more entertaining."

"You will attack. And you will be dead at my feet. No need for a trap." his hands rested on both blades of his daisho, and it showed he was ready for a attack.

She laughed. "I'm not that eager to kill you. We haven't even properly met yet." Feigning a pout, her voice purred. "I like to know who I'm playing with." She bowed dramatically, making a show of ignoring how far her short kimono was riding up. "I'm Ariya. If you couldn't tell, I'm from across the sea. Quite a long trek. You learn a lot when you travel that far."

He turned slowly to face her. "Terao." His eyes narrowed as he looked at her. "I have been quite far under my master's orders. I am sure you are just another person looking for glory with the heads of the fallen. Well, you will not get my head."

She scoffed. "I don't play the game that way." Pausing, she flicked another strand of golden-red hair out of face. "Just answer a quesiton for me: Why do you bow to another man? Why not make your own fate, instead of letting someone else decide it for you?"

"My fate is my own." He said in a low voice, almost like a growl. "If you knew who my Daimyo was, you wouldn't be speaking such words."

"My Daimyo is greater than you will ever be." He said softly, a growl hidden in his throat. "He could destroy you with a thought. It is by his actions and thought that this world has been saved from that scourge in the Shadowlands."

"I see. And what exactly has he done that makes him so grand? Was it his own sword that battled? Or that of those he rules?" She paused, her voice fading down to a near-whisper. "What happens when your system fails you? Who do you turn to? Great power corrupts to great extents." Suddenly a wide grin spread across her crimson lips. "Why do we stand here and chatter all day? We both know what is going to happen. Let's be done with it." She drew her sword slowly, the bright blade singing as it slid from its dark ebony sheath.

Back
Top Bottom