Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Den of Wonders (Me and Luna)

She realized that they were retreating at this point, but she did not stop. She kept going after them, stabbing them in their backs and cutting their heads clean off. If they wouldn't attack her than she would simply attack them. Her eyes seemed to be dull and void. She was in her moods where she just needed to kill. She didn't care who she killed be in man, woman or child. If they were a vampire, they were a target.

Alex watched her progression as the vampires retreated from her, still killing those in her path, which she changed to follow them. Damn it, Luna. He sent out another order, getting use to his powers now. All the vampires around her just vanished now, disappearing by molding into the shadows, getting away faster and completely unseen now.

I'm not going to let you get yourself killed because you feel sorry for me.

He slowly got up, getting his clothes on quickly and heading out the door. His walk was fast, pinpointing where she was by one that stayed close but hidden from her.

"Luna, I told you to leave." He growled low as he approached her.

She turned around and then shook her head. "You...are not the boss of me. I told you I would get revenge, and that is exactly what I intend to do. I will not leave this cave until I do so. I will not sleep, I will not eat, and I definately won't leave until every last vampire that lives here is dead." She hit the caves wall with her sword and began to walk, dragging it against the rough bedrock. She meant what she said, whether he believed it or not.

He grabbed her roughly by the arm and turned her to face him. "You either leave now, have me pull you back to my room, or you can continue to fight, and I will walk outside and wait for that sun to come out. I am not going to risk you getting killed. Don't make my loss in vain."

He should have known better than anyone that nothing could satisfy her unique blood lust and she could only read peoples actions rather than listening to words. She pulled her arm away, not hearing a word he had said. He would have to get creative if he wanted to stop her. She continued down the hallway, though inside she wanted to stop, but she was too angry. She was consumed with the need for revenge and couldn't stop.

He growled low as she pulled her arm away from him. He was starting to get annoyed at her behavior. He ran out in front of her, and quickly so she couldn't react, he bent down and threw his arms around her, and lifted her up onto his shoulder. He carried her back to his room now, kicking and screaming if she tried to fight.

"How dare you get in the of my revenge! Put me down this instant!" She shouted. She could have easily killed him but she knew who he was and would not harm him. "You said you didn't care if I got myself killed. Now all of the sudden you care? Or are you protecting your new blood sucking friends?" She demanded.

He was just outside his room when he heard her say that, and it was like a flash, she was off his shoulder, pinned to the wall with his right hand holding both of hers above her head by her wrists. "Don't you DARE think that." He hissed, his eyes narrowed. It was obvious that she angered him by her words. Even before the transformation, he was rather quick to anger, quick to exploding. Like he was now.

"I care about you more than anything. I'm not going to let you go and just kill yourself. I won't let you do it. I can't..." His eyes instantly softened, and he had to look away, his hand loosening but still holding hers up, easily broken from. "...I can't live without you."

She looked away from him, feeling bad for her previous statement. "Can't you understand that I just want to avenge you? Why won't you let me kill who killed you?" She demanded. She couldn't look into his eyes because they were hurt. She was the one who hurt them, and she felt bad.

He looked back to her, and he slowly shook his head. "I'm not dead, Luna. They didn't kill me. It's... they don't kill when they change you. It's a transformation of sorts." He looked dead into her eyes. "I am still a living being. I'm not a decaying corpse. I'm not the walking dead. I'm alive, flesh and bones, heart and mind." He couldn't hold himself back anymore, and he kissed her, gently, a light brushing of his lips against hers.

When he kissed her she closed her eyes but then pulled away. "How can you accept your fate so easily? You hunted vampires for so long, but now you just lay down and take orders from the enemy just because you're one of them? Alexander would have killed them all for destroying his humanity." She said quietly. She then shook her head. "If not me or you, who will deal them judgement?"

He quickly covered her mouth with his free hand after her words came out. He looked around, stretching out with his senses, before moving close to her, his lips finding her ear. As quietly as he could whisper for her to hear, he said "They will get what they deserve from me soon enough. Trust me, they will pay for that they have done to me. They will pay dearly."

She removed his hand from her mouth. "What are you waiting for?" She whispered. She wanted to kill them now, but he seemed to be waiting for something. She was more relaxed now but had not fully broken out of her desire to kill. She felt strange now that the adrenaline was leaving her body.

"If i struck now, they would know what I was doing. They can see into my mind. I'm trying to learn how to block it out. But it's a slow process. They don't know what i'm saying now because of the mental image I am forcing into my mind." He gently kissed her again after that. "But my other powers, I need to learn how to use them, too. Or else I don't stand a chance."

"I'm not going to leave you." She said quietly. She closed her eyes and then realized her fatigue was beginning to take its toll. Her body went limp as she passed out from exhaustion, her face softening now that she was no longer awake. She had overdone it, and now she was very vulnerable.

He caught her as she fainted, and he gently picked her up in his arms. He opened the door to his room and carried her to the bed, laying her down. He removed her weapons and put them on the side table before locking the door tight, then laying down next to her. He curled up against her, gently kissing her shoulder. He half wanted to take her, feed and make her his. But his heart brought him to the right mind, just cuddling against her body.

When she woke up it was nearly sunset. None of the vamps would awaken until the sun disappeared below the horizon. She got up and then shook her head slowly. She was hungry and tired and her wounds had yet to be stitched up. She wanted to finish what she started last night, but she wasn't in the right state of mind to kill defenseless vampires.

He felt the sun fall below the horizon, and his eyes opened, his head slowly turning to Luna. "Good evening." He said softly. He sat up and gently stroked her cheek with the back of his hand. "I hope you slept well, you need to get a lot of rest." He got up then, stretching before looking back at her. "Sadly, this is where we part ways for some time. You need food. And I..." He had to turn away as he licked his lip. Oh, he needed a lot of things. But he would hold his bloodlust back as much as possible before finding someone to feed from.

Her ears twitched when he got up, but she didn't turn to face him. She simply got up to and began strapping weapons to her person. "You seem so eager to get rid of me. Perhaps its best that I do go.." She said quietly. She was sure that if she left it would be the last time they'd see eachother. She had no one left in this world to hold onto to her heart. It would stay submerged in hatred forever the next time she went on killing spree.

"No!" He shouted out, half in feat, half in anger. The anger disappeared in moments after he looked at her, and his head dropped, looking to his side. "I... I don't want to hurt you. I can't wait for you forever. The... changing... it opened the gates to a lot of things in me. It is hard to understand. I don't understand it myself too much. But..." He sighed, looking up at her, eyes a little watery. "If you walk out of that door right now, I will not rest until you are back into my arms."

"You're confusing me!" She turned around and unsheithed one of her blades. "You don't have to bite me to feed from me!" Once again, she cut open her wrist in one clean shot. Her blood quickly rose to the fresh cut in her skin. She didn't even flinch.

His hands quickly grabbed her arm and pulled it to his mouth, his tongue flicking over the cut to seal it. But he froze as inside his desire to feed and desire to keep her safe battled, his hands going from holding her arm rough to holding it like a sacred object. He slowly lowered it to her side before his hand moved fast, knocking the blade out of her hand.

"That was not what I was talking about." He said softly, his eyes closed. He slowly opened them and looked at her, hoping she saw the longing and love in them. But somehow, a part of him thought she wouldn't care, too caught up in her own pain and anger. So he pushed her back against the wall, his lips on hers, a gentle but strong thing. Issuing as much love into that kiss as he could, making sure there wasn't any blood on his lips.

She let him kiss her for a few seconds but then pulled away. It was like he was rejecting her. She didn't want his mouth on any woman except her. "Stop it..I understand whats going on here." She said quietly. He obviously didn't want to be in one relationship until he was tired of using his new found power to seduce woman. She picked up her sword and then sheathed it. She loved him so much, but she felt hurt because he wouldn't feed off her.

She pushed him away, but she might as well have stabbed him right in the heart. Her words were like a burn on his skin, scarring. He saw her pick up her blade and sheathe it, and in moments he was behind her, one arm pulling her tight against him, his other hand pulling her hair from the side of her neck. So be it. He thought, before his mouth came down, fangs burying into her neck, into her pulse. He felt her hot blood pool into his mouth, and he let out a moan as he held her to him. Her blood... it was something amazing to him... he couldn't put down what the flavor was.

She had no idea what he was doing until he pushed her hair from her neck. "Alexander?" As soon as she finished saying his name she felt his teeth enter her flesh and she cried out. It only hurt for a second, but then it felt somewhat intoxicating. She went limp in his arms and her mind went blank as he fed on her. Some part of her was screaming for him to stop. A vampires venom was addictive, and even if she remained human she would lose apart of herself each time he bit into her.

Back
Top Bottom