Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ergastulum. (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime frowned softly, looking down at her lap. “And you stopped them..” She muttered, almost to herself.

“Thank you.” Megohime whispered, the faintest memory of pointing a knife at a blurry figure in her mind. “I don’t remember that either.. but I’m glad you saved me, I’m glad I got to meet you.”

Over the days Megohime slowly regained memories, but they meant little to her, most were blurry or lacking detail, other were things that needed context. None of it was important to her, at least not enough to trigger any big memory recalls.

Masamune couldn't avoid Kojurou this time, and was forced to leave on a job, telling Megohime that he would be back as soon as he could. He didn't like leaving her alone.

Megohime bid him farewell, locking up and starting on her usual routine of tidying up and reading.

Megohime felt a bit of worry, knowing she shouldn’t, Kojurou warning her against answering the door to anyone but them, but she did anyway, only cracking the door open slightly.

She frowned, not recognizing the man before her in the slightest. “Who is that? I don’t know anyone by that name, you have the wrong home.”

She looked skeptical, still not opening the door for him. “How do I know you aren’t armed?” She glanced him up and down.

She considered what he said for a moment before opening the door for him, allowing him inside, eyes glued to him the whole time.

He stepped in and opened his military jacket, showing his holsters were empty. He lifted the ends of his pants to show the knife sheathes were also empty. "See?"

She stared at the empty holsters for a moment before giving a small nod, taking a glance out the door before closing it again. “Who are you? Why do you want to help me?”

"I'm Chosokabe Motochika. I'm one of the four heads. I wanna help cuz we need you. Kojurou does a decent job but he ain't you." He answered.

He knew Kojurou? She wasn’t sure if she was right to trust this man, but she wanted desperately to know who she was. “What can you tell me? No one will tell me anything meaningful.”

Megohime took it almost like it would hurt her, but she opened it the second it was in her hands, quiet as she started to read what was inside. She paced the room as she read page after page, eventually having to sit down on the couch as her eyes filled with tears. Her parents were dead, she had no siblings. “I’m a horrible person..” She said quietly, not looking at Motochika. “I’ve.. I’m a crime lord..”

She thumbed through a few more pages, looking up at him. She felt overwhelmed all over again; memories she hadn’t remembered until this point coming back, her being brought home by Masamune, her family business, who she was, but more importantly the car crash and kidnapping. Where she was and what happened was still fuzzy, only blurry memories of being beaten, Masamune on the floor, and so much blood. “Fuck..!” She closed the file, putting her head in her hands.

“I’m not dead.” She muttered. “So I suppose that’s good.” Megohime ribbed her face and looked to him, a hard scowl on her face. “But remembering all the bad shit isn’t great.”

Back
Top Bottom