Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ergastulum. (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime looked up, and she felt her chest ache, part of her wishing she hadn’t ever remembered who she was. “Working.” She said with a small smile. “I’m sorry I was gone so long..”

Megohime knew he was disappointed, how could he not be? They could’ve had the perfect life together away from the mess in Ergastulum, but that wasn’t how her life was supposed to be. She set the papers down and frowned softly. “Masamune.. I know this isn’t how you wanted things to turn out, and I’m sorry that it did..”

Megohime was about to tell him no, but then she reconsidered. “I haven’t asked Kojurou about this yet, but has he found out who it was who held us?” She asked.

“Good. I want you to find him and bring him back here. Alive.” She said, face set with a hard scowl. “I have a few things I want to ask him.”

Megohime nodded, wanting more than anything to get answers from the man who nearly killed Masamune and her.

Megohime wanted to tell him to stay, but perhaps it was best if she didn’t. “That’s all.”

Megohime spent the rest of her day going over papers and making sure everything was in line, staying up late into the night.

“Masamune?” Megohime looked surprised to see him at such an hour. “What’s wrong?”

She felt the same pang of sadness in her chest, standing and moving over to Masamune. “I’m sorry,” She said softly. “Part of me wished I hadn’t remembered, truly..”

Megohime held him stead by the shoulders, making sure he didn’t go toppling over. “No you won’t, he’s just trying to do right by this family.”

Megohime’s eyes grew sad, and she almost looked like she would cry. “Masamune, you know I can’t..”

“You know I couldn’t do that.. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.” Megohime said softly, knowing how much Masamune was hurting.

Back
Top Bottom