Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Greek Islands

Catra likewise put some of her Greek style tossed salad on her plate and since both salads came with the same Greek olive oil dressing, a bigger bottle was given by Kimberly for the two to share. Whilst Zara's included two types of tomatoes and onions, and three types of meat, as well as boiled egg crumbs, and pasta instead of lettuce, both had feta cheese, and Catra's was strictly vegetables. As Catra pulled her plate in front of her and shook some dressing on it, she nodded. "That's what my question was! The elf knight was facing this big winged dragon that was about three times her size and in a class of its own, seemingly, and you commented that he might give you trouble... Remember that? Dad said that was supposed to be a figurine of Smaug. You know? From The Hobbit? Why would he have been any harder than some of the other western style winged dragons?"

Pop's

Polly chuckled at Angie's awe, yet nodded towards both, as she was drinking her cherry malt. "What you mean is how a 5-6 shrimp like me finished such a large sandwich even with skipping lunch, right? Truth be told, I was hungrier than I thought."

Angie asked for a refill and the check, and Pop looked surprised at Polly's plate. "I think you're my first customer to finish the Gutbuster in one setting except that strange lanky guy with the odd beanie that comes in here.* I'd like a picture of you to put with his on my Wall of Fame."

Polly shrugged and agreed to the shot, albeit turning a blushing rose. Now everyone in Littleton who visited Pop's was going to know who Polly Pocket was.

*-(What famous character just got a shout out?)

Last edited:
As soon as she had a decent amount of her meal spooned onto a plate she started in on it. She licked her lips after a moment and gave a nod of approval to Kimberly before she smiled back at Catra. She gave her a nod as she listened and ate "Well first off for Lord of the Rings Dragons he wasn't that big. But no it's all about the hate and anger they seemed to radiate. Smaug has a lot not to mention he basically has armor on his weak points. So he is a bit tougher." She smiled and shrugged "Some of the others they seemed to be pansies and others seemed to be just as angry if not more so than Smaug."

KC shook her head as she pulled her fries a bit closer to her so that the other girl wouldn't touch them "I mean its still rather ridiculous that you put that all away. Don't be calling me tonight when you're miserable." she giggled and shook her head as she worked on finishing her own treats while Angie paid and Pop gaped at them. "Somehow I still find you attractive even after that."

(I assume Jughead but like the new version of him)

(Riverdale isn't my Archie. But yeah. Forsyth P. "Jughead" Jones)

Greek Islands

Kimberly nodded with a smile, satisfied everything was satisfactory and continued her rounds. Like the last time, the two wouldn't have to ask for a refill, one was brought once the two went below half empty.

"Oh, I can see that. He's only got that one chink in his armor that you have to be an unbelievable shot to hit." She nodded again. "Yes, see, my understanding of the Chinese dragons they actually bring luck, so that's why dad's four Chinese dragons were being guarded by the kings and queens. Like the royals were their bodyguards. Me... I'd probably would have had trouble with any of them."

They would eat in peace for a little bit, just the normal sounds of the crowd chatter around them.

A distinguishing looking lady came in, closing her parasol and shaking it gently as she smoothed out her dress as she sat at the counter. "Spot of tea, what? And some of your hot chili instead of the cake. Clear blue sky and suddenly boom it rains. Bloody odd weather. Give me dreary rainy London anytime. At least you know what's going to happen about tea time."

Catra whispered across the table. "She's not going to be a fan... Even the chili here is Greek. I think they use lamb. Wait... Did she say it was raining? You did park in the cycle area under the canopy, right?" If so, the bike would be dry. There wasn't much of a breeze to speak of.

Polly asked to get out, and Angie moved for her. "No plans of that happening unless little brother sucker punches me... Of course, last time he got had when the folks came home that night." She stopped as she looked out the window, seeing the rain coming down in sheets. "Man! Guys! It's freaking raining cats and dogs out there! Look!"

Angie had just handed Pop $30... $20 (ok, $18.99) of it being the burger and malt combined, and after the sale, stuffed some ones in the nearby tip jar as well as the change she got back which was a mix of coins. She now looked and tutted. "There wasn't a cloud to see when school let out!"

(Good because it ain't mine either)

Zara gave a nod to the other girl as she wandered off to take care of the rest of her patrons. She smiled back at Catra as she shoveled more of the pasta onto her plate and nodded in agreement.
"Exactly he's got some bs for sure and is definitely filled with unwarranted anger. As for the Chinese dragons, it depends on the story, in some, they are good in others they are evil they can be pretty much anything. Whereas European dragons tend to be evil with a few being good here and there. Personally, I like Dungeons and Dragons version where metallic dragons are good and color dragons are evil." She would smile and settle back comfortably to eat at Catras next question she would nod her head out the window where they could see that her bike was fine

KC chuckled and nodded her head
"Siblings will be like that haha." she chuckled again as she followed them towards the front only to turn at the sound of Pollys words "Ohh dang that really did come out of nowhere didn't it." she shook her head as she walked towards the door "Well looks like we need to make a run for it. We'll see you at school tomorrow Polly mmk." she smiled and kissed the blondes cheek before she took off out the door and headed towards her car

Catra nodded, but then said, "Not all color dragons were bad either. Some were misunderstood, like Dragonheart. The n there was the one with the princess where she was supposed to be sacrificed to the supposed terror and ended up a therapist more or less... Comfort, I think it was actually described as... And please don't say I imagined that one. I'm sure it was in a fairytale I read. Oh and don't forget Puff. He was nice, but kinda misunderstood. Oh. And all the dragons from How to Train Your Dragon. Those were wild, or feral, not necessarily evil. The rest of the western dragons? Yeah, bad news." She shrugged on the fact there were bad dragons in Chinese lore. "It's one of the symbols of China, though, and also an animal on the zodiac. I think the bad ones are as rare as the good ones are for the Western lore. I dunno though, not sure I'd want to meet up with one. They're also pretty big." Having finished the first plate, she put another helping on it from her salad bowl, used some dressing and set it back in the middle for Zara to reach it.

At Pop's, Polly asked, "Guys? Can you drop me off? I'm kinda stranded."

Angie looked at Polly, "You wanna ride, you're gonna have to step on it, Doctor Dinky. KCs mine. Let's hustle."

Polly and Angie also sprinted for the car.

Zara chuckled and nodded her head "Fair enough there are some good ones but in DnD not so much." She laughed some as she snagged some of the dressing and let it splash on her pasta mixing it together some before she started in on it. "Yea at the end of the day dragons are just big ol lizards with attitudes and they aren't worth your time well sometimes haha." she smiled and shrugged "So other than cats what's your favorite animal."

KC glanced behind her "Well come on Pocket I'm not waiting forever." she managed a laugh before she pushed her way into her car and quickly started it up letting it warm up some as she started her wipers and waited for the other two

Catra raised an eyebrow ala Mr. Spock. "I thought I answered that? The noble wolf is my favorite non-feline animal." She thought for a minute. "I've got a ceramic mother wolf and her cubs somewhere in the house." She said, "I took her out of my room to display her somewhere else. You didn't see her in the medieval room, did you? Hand painted and two cubs. She's laying in a grassy spot with flowers. Initials in the grass painted like yellowish dying grass of CJ. My initials. Someone else did the mold, I just painted it." Catra was in no hurry with the rain coming down like it was.

"Land sakes, Pa!" Some older country woman said from where the British lady was drinking her hot tea, "Y'all think fer one minnit Ah'm goin' out in tha' gully washer, ya have done plumb lost yer mind! Taint fit fer man nor beast! Too much e'en fer th' ducks!"

"Texted the folks." Catra commented looking at her phone as it dinged. "Dad's saying stay put. It should be over in half an hour the longest."

Polly and Angie sprinted for the car with Angie piling into the back seat and Polly getting into the front passenger seat. "If I didn't have to be home by no later than 5pm... I'd have tried to convince you guys to stay there at Pop's. If it's still coming down like this, you two are coming in the house with me. And that's final. I don't like the idea of you two on the road with this like that."

Zara chuckled and gave a small smile "You might have but there was a lot of stuff going on that night not to mention dragons and what not scattered around haha." she laughed some more before shooting her a wink "Sounds pretty cool and I don't think it was down there or maybe it was and they were just too well hidden for these predator eyes of mine haha." she laughed a bit more as she worked on her meal and gave a nod at the others text "Sounds good riding in something like this would not be pleasant trust me."

KC sighed and settled back into her chair letting her car warm up for a moment as she rubbed at her hair to try and get some of the water off. She was thankful she didn't have long hair at the moment. "You act like I haven't driven in something like this hehe." she giggled and gave the other a good natured roll of the eyes before she started off "Yesss mom."

The weather report did have a flash flood warning out until five pm for Arapahoe County among other surrounding ones. Polly looked to be close to worrying herself sick since they had to cross a few creeks, not to mention KC had to cross Fountain Creek to get home, herself. She was quiet and watched the rain falling all the way home. Once they got there, and although it had slacked off to a more normal rainfall rate, and not the torrent that had moved on east, Polly still pled and begged they come in at least until the flash flood warning lifted.

John wouldn't be home yet, and Mrs. Pocket was dressed for whatever thing they were going to when he did get home. "Come on in out of the rain, girls. No sense catching your deaths. Polly, whether John and I have been able to leave yet or not, you're still in charge of Paxton once it hits five o'clock. You might as well start his spaghetti os, and see if your friends want a sandwich. I take you've already eaten something?"

"Yes. Pop's Gutbuster. I'm only the second person in Littleton to finish the whole thing in one setting."

Mom Pocket rolled her eyes. "Let me guess. Forsythe Jones was the other. I don't wanna hear you had a bellyache later, young lady. You won't get any pity from me."

Polly shrugged. "I'll be fine. I skipped lunch. Well as long as Paxton doesn't sucker punch me I'll be fine..."

The rain was still coming down, but had slacked off even more, but the warning would be extended to seven. Meanwhile, the Pocket parents were off to whatever gathering at 5:30pm. Polly made her dad promise he'd text her when the parents got there. She'd get it twenty minutes later.

At the Greek Islands restaurant, Catra watched the rain slacking off. "When do you want to chance it? I mean the flash flood warning is in effect clear to seven and it's going on five." She would have managed to eat her whole salad. Of course, only having that helped.

KC was perfectly content with this type of weather, hell if there'd been a blizzard she'd have been fine. She'd been driving these roads since she was a kid and her grandpa let her turn the steering wheel on his truck. Not to mention the plenty of times she'd spent out in the woods with her family on four wheelers and atvs, it was safe to say she was doing perfectly fine. But she noticed the worried glances and the way Polly was cringing so she took her time and drove carefully even if it would have been more fun to dash through some of those bigger puddles. Eventually they made it to her house and the intense pleading saw her in the door. She smiled and greeted her mom before following her through the house to see what they were going to do "Alright I'm here so entertain me hehe."

Zara continued to enjoy her meal and chatting with Catra as they waited for the rain to die down. After a bit it slowed but there was still a decent amount coming down "Mmm lets wait a little longer see if it starts sprinkling or at least won't soak us completely." she chuckled and nodded her head

(ooc: Apparently someone knows a little bit about the Denver area and traveling there to mention a blizzard wouldn't slow her down. Typical Colorado driver, lol. They have to be ordered off the road)

Polly smirked. "Entertain you? I thought I was entertaining."

Angie smirked next, and wiggled her eyebrows as she said, "Oh, I know how Doctor Dinky could entertain both of us. With a private show."

Polly blushed. Oh, she got that one. She understood exactly what Angie meant, and by her equally strange look (compounded by the aforementioned blush), that thought had actually crossed her mind. However, she still threw a ghost pepper into the hot stew. "Maybe at that sleepover you keep hunting at, Angie, dear. The one that never materializes?" The wink was more for KC though. "Certainly NOT here."

Catra shrugged and nodded, agreeing that that was best. "Gonna send another text to the 'rents, then. So.... What do you want to talk about next? Maybe some more backstory? Like how old were you when you first came to Colorado? I was born here, actually up in Denver, though, not here in Littleton." While she was saying this, she was typing and sent the message to her parents.

Kim had come and cleared the empty serving bowl, but didn't bother with the little bit still on Catra's plate in front of her. "Would you like dessert, today?"

Catra nodded. "The baklava please." To Zara, "The one here is homemade and about the size of the small salad plate like this," she pointed to their six inch plates, "it's placed on."

KC smiled as she looked Polly up and down then shot her own wink to Angie before returning Pollys. "Well I mean I would like to see something that wasn't on the internet hehe. But no not today where your brother could walk in. But yes you must entertain me since I am trapped in your house hehe." she giggled some as her eyes continued to trail up and down Pollys body while they had dried off a little they were still sticking to her very nicely. "Of course the current view isn't terrible and I'm sure Angie would agree."

Zara smiled and nodded her head as she settled back into her booth content to work on her drink while the other girl talked. "Mmm around when I was 7 or 8, dad got the military contract and off we went. I was born in America though if you're wondering about that. Just not Colorado haha." she smiled and shrugged before nodding at the waitress "That sounds pretty good actually." After putting her order in she turned back to Catra "You've been here your whole life right. Hmm, any vacations you've ever really enjoyed."

At about that same time the door to the restaurant would ding as May O'Neale wandered in. She smiled when she spotted Kim and gave her a wave before blowing her a kiss and then moved on down to the end of the bar and settled in. She smiled even as her hair was plastered against her back and dripped down to the floor and as she waited she idly glanced around checking out the different people within

Polly made a face. "Actually, that one jerkwad is being sued for libel. That is NOT my body under that headshot. Only the head is mine. Besides..." She tugged slightly on her hair, "I'm a REAL blonde, which means even that would be blonde not black." She sighed. "That should have been taken down on all sites anyhoo. Not 18. I know for using my head, he's facing mondo jail time. Something about my head on an adult body. Actually, I think the actress who's body was used is seeking charges and libel, as well." Another sigh. "So what, how, can I entertain you, that is safe for babysitting?" Entertaining to her was usually science based. She apparently wanted to change the subject... Quickly.

Kim saw May and nodded cordially. As the bartender pushed the bowl of 'beer nuts' over to May, and began making her drink, Kim must have been thinking the parents were checking up on her. "I work inside AND I already paid my rent. What are they checking up on me about, now?" Usually when big sister came in... It was the parents' doing, although there were rarities May came for more of a social call... But with it after five and the supper rush starting, this wouldn't be a social call.

Catra, meanwhile, just listened to Zara explain, "You did mention that, but didn't know when you moved here... Or I forgot." She thought about her vacations. "Spent a summer at Bear Trap camp when I was like second grade. Been to the top of Mount Evans and Pikes Peak. Just watch you don't catch altitude sickness. Especially on Evans. Let's see, I also have spent a few weekends almost every summer at Echo Lake which is kinda at the foot of Evans. Ohh! If you haven't yet, you gotta see the Florissant Fossil Beds! I guess that's about it. After Cripple Creek became a gambling mecca, the Juliannes haven't been there. I don't think I have ever seen it, except in pictures and history books. I don't know how to ski, so no Breckenridge, Aspen or Vail, either. Hope that's not too disappointing."

KCs eyes went wide at the sudden rant coming from Polly and she shook her head a small blush crossing her face "Yeah um I have no idea what you're talking about hun I just meant ya know my search history. I was um being pervy ya know cause my search history is kind of well ya know and I just meant I was tired of seeing virtual boobs. But ya know we already established we shouldn't do that with the little brother in the house and I just wanted to tease and I'm just gonna stop talking now." As she talked her blush spread further and further until her whole face was red and she turned to sip at her drink.

Zara nodded her head and gave a shrug
"I might have but oh well doesn't hurt to reiterate things haha." she smiled and leaned on her hand happy to listen to the other girl talk about all the places she's been. "Mmm been to Pikes Peak but none of the other places. Been to Yosemite and Niagra Falls. But my favorite place was Yellowstone its so gorgeous and I got to hunt a Buffalo or two while we were there." she smiled and idly licked her teeth remembering the flavor. "Mmm your turn now."

May smiled and snagged a few of the nuts while waiting for her beer she shot another wink to her sister as she walked by saying her spiel. May giggled which sounded like broken glass if she did it too long then her fingers went at rapid speed as she talked back to her sister. "You know them storm was crazy, possible flooding, wanted to make sure you could get home all the usual parent stuff. Plus I can't pass up the chance to tease you and make you look bad for yelling at the quiet girl." she stuck her tongue out before snagging her drink and taking a sip "Plus now you can drive me home cause I took the bus so I could drink."

Polly sighed. "Uh. Yeah, I got a sense of you scoping virtual boobs, why do you think I mentioned it. Dropped. Still, the question remains..."

Angie interjected. "What about your pet project for this year's science fair? The race car you were talking about. Let's see the plans and how far you've gotten."

Polly shrugged and looked to see if KC was okay with it.

Greek Islands

Kim nodded and rolled her eyes. Their parents were definitely two of a kind. One of the reasons she had taken this job was she was promised no nights and her classes days off. It automatically had her working Sundays, but she at least didn't have to worry about being overly tired because she'd been in school. "Try to not go overboard. I won't be off until eight, and it's not yet six. I haven't forgotten the last time. I'm your little sister." It was a reminder, and Kim was trying to be kind about it, of how the last time May had tried to make out with her in her drunken stupor. Of course, Kim never got on her more than telling her to stop, and never told the folks. It really had only serve to confuse her: both about her older sister and her own sexuality. She considered herself asexual, but a definite romantic. "I see the baklava is up for table five." She went to serve Catra and Zara, and check on her other customers.

While waiting on the baklava, Catra got a little dreamy eyed. "Always wanted to try a buffalo burger. Haven't had the privilege yet, although they DO have that on the menu at the Lodge at Echo Lake." A shrug. "Always sold out."

She then thought of her next question as Kim brought their baklava. Catra hadn't been kidding. It spanned the plate from end to end. "Enjoy." She smiled, also putting the check down upside-down, "And whenever you're ready." She then went to check on her other customers.

Finally, Catra had her question. "You know, you mentioned how a sphinx could tell a fortune hunter from an archaeologist. What if they aren't really either? They just do archaeology as a hobby? A real expensive hobby, but aren't in it for the money, but the adventure. Like Goldwyn Gold. I saw that cartoon on YouTube. She goes by Goldie, though. Or that hotshot aviator from the live action series around the same time... Tales of the Gold Monkey? Okay, Goldie supposedly has her own museum that's open to the public... But she's an adventure seeker, not a fortune hunter or archaeologist... Per se."

KC continued to blush as Polly talked until finally, Angie saved them all from the continuing awkward conversation, she gave her a pleadingly thankyou look before turning back to Polly with a nod "I'm always up for some fun times getting small. But I make no promises that I will remember anything you tell me. Maybe like a base knowledge, ya know car goes fast but then gets hot and all that." she giggled some before shooting Polly a wink

May rolled her eyes and flapped her hand a few times to mimic the other girl talking
"Yea yea I know my limit and that was one time there's no need to keep bringing it up. I just get very flirty when I'm drunk." She huffed a small blush crossing her face as she turned back to her face and the snack she had been given as well. She may have been the older sister of the two but you couldn't always tell by looking at them, that was because Kim had outgrown May a long time ago in more areas than just height. She sighed and shook her head a bit more as she leaned back and watched the restaurant while sipping at her drink

Zara gave a laugh at the look that crossed Catras face
"Mmm well let me tell you fresh meat off of one of those big guys is much better than a burger." She smiled and gave Kim a nod as she set the plate and check down. Then she turned back to Catra snagging a bite of the dessert as she listened to her talk. "Mmm everyone has a scent and usually it gives away their intentions. Like you right now you have the usual scent of kittens about you but it also has a tinge of curiosity." she smiled and nodded her head

Polly happily led the way to the garage. She had to duck a flying meatball missile however. "Paxton!" She barked. "You know, you're not the only one who doesn't like those blasted dogfood meatballs from Great Value!" She then asided to KC and Angie, "Not that Chef Boy-ar-dee's are THAT much better..."

She flipped the light switch that illuminated the garage, and right away, her two guests would see the full-size undercarriage of the race car already finished, with writing where the fuel cell was to go and numbers which had to be height the cell had to be from the floor of the car and the tubing from gas cap to fuel cell. In another corner was the work bench, a blueprint and stacks of already cut roll bars, some long and short. Welding equipment was nearby with goggles neatly hanging by their straps over the gauge on the canister. The torch itself was on a hook facing away from the canister. "I hope you seriously didn't think I built these things at 1/12th scale. There's a trick to them staying shrunken, however, and yes, it involves more physics, and a bit of geology. Gemology, actually, but that's not important right now." She then waved to the wooden workbench where a lone chair sat. "There's the blueprints for the car, which as you can see, still has a long way to go. I'll be working on the main frame and the rollcage next. I sorta get engrossed, so I don't work on it when I'm siblingsitting."

The blueprints would be to the minute detail as if working to NASCAR specifications, and if KC looked closely, she would spot an up to the current year handbook of NASCAR'S rules on equipment, close at hand on the bench, tucked on the bottom of two shelves sitting on top of the workbench.

"If I expect another A, everything is going to have to be perfect."

Greek Islands

Catra nodded. "Yeah, but a hamburger is best for those who have never tried it but want to. I hear even the burger has a very unique taste. One made with real buffalo meat, that is." She then made a face and sniffed herself. "What does curiosity even smell like?" Whatever it did, Catra was sure to positively reek of it, now.

Kim had sprouted like the proverbial basketball player early on, all throughout May's time right after graduating high school, until about two years ago. Kim's senior year of high school. Now a sophomore in college, she was still constantly hounded by the athletic director to join the basketball team. Something she didn't have time for with working her way through college. Kim did look over every once in a while to the bar to see how older sister was doing, but that wasn't her station. The bartender came back to see if May wanted a sandwich or something more substantial than 'beer nuts'. Even if it was a gyro or Greek sausage sandwich.

KC giggled as she stopped for a second to let the meatball fly past her before continuing on following the other girl "Hey now if you have the right spaghetti and marinara any meatball is good hehe." She smiled before moving on out to the garage with the other two ladies her eyes going a bit wide as she looked around at everything "I mean I'm pretty sure you could turn it in like this and get an A darling." she shook her head as she wandered around but everything just went right over her head, she was smart but like average smart this was ridiculous and just completely boggled her.

Zara chuckled and nodded her head
"Fair enough" she shook her head and gave a shrug of her shoulder "That's like trying to explain colors to a blind person cute stuff. It smells like curiosity I can't really detail it haha." she shook her head again as just thinking about trying made her head hurt "Anyway my turn so lets see.....what do you want to do after highschool?"

May would finger wave any time her sister looked her way and although she wasn't drinking much there would be a few new glasses around her on the very last look. At the bartenders question she would quickly scribble down on her handy notepad that she would take a gyro and some fries.

Polly gave KC a strange look. "I still haven't figured out how to respond to your remark about any meatball tasting good with the right marinara." She shook her head, while giving KC a flirty wink. "Can you imagine going in with only the undercarriage, which I shall remind you isn't really finished yet. Exhaust pipes. Axles. Transmission. Engine block. Ahem. I'll digress. Anyhoo. I'd even fail shop class with just what I have now."

Greek Islands

Catra scratched her head. "I'm only a sophomore. I haven't really THOUGHT about after high school, yet. I mean, I love cats, and can take care of them well enough, but veterinary medicine is not exactly an interest. And being a zookeeper? Fuhgeddaboudit! You can't pet those animals. I should have been doing drama before now if I wanted to be an actress." She finally shrugged. "A writer maybe? Like a novelist? I'm not sure what genre I'd write about though."

Kim could only shake her head as she saw the two empty beer mugs, and the bartender take the order to the grill area as she cleared one of her tables. She looked towards the front door, and noticed the well dressed British woman paying her bill. "Wasn't sure I'd like the chili, but was too damp for much of anything else since you don't serve Bangers and Mash.Twas too early for roast, but that's best for Sundays."

"We do have what you call fish and chips." The proprietor said.

"Oh? And would that come with sea salt, malt vinegar and wrapped in a bit of the London Times?" The woman asked with a bit of dry wit.

"In Littleton? We might be able to get Denver Post or the Littleton Independent." He shrugged.

KC gave a shrug as she continued to wander around the room "I mean it's true you get a good enough sauce maybe some parmesan cheese on top and you can make pretty much anything taste good." she chuckled as she stopped and shook her head "Considering what most other kids will be bringing in will either use paper mache or poster board I think you'd be alright with all of this especially considering you did do it all yourself." she shrugged and finally stopped pulling herself up and sitting on her work table

Zara smiled and gave a nod
"Well you really probably should be thinking about it considering next year is Junior year. Ya know one step closer gotta choose something." She nodded her head at all her ideas before giving a shrug "Probably fantasy or murder mysteries haha. But I don't think its to late to try acting loads of kids didn't do it until they were in college or even after that. As for me I think I'm gonna just go into the workforce right out of school."

May gave her a gentle finger wave when she saw her looking then turned back to her drink working on the third one but deciding to be nice to her sister and slowing down some. Just in time to watch the British lady make her loud assessment and then the back and forth for a moment between her and the owner. She shrugged and turned back to her own spot she liked the chili here

Polly sighed. "I shouldn't get a grade for half-assed work, KC... Except an F."

Paxton yelled that he was telling mom, Polly cussed. Angie threatened to go after the little runt. "I'll remind you, Angie, that that little runt is as tall as me... But if you want to get sat on... Go make your attempt."

Angie looked at Polly, then KC, then Polly again. "Why...? Never mind, I think I already know that answer. One. You're the elder sister, and two. You're ten times more mature on your worse day. I mean, we just dodged one flying kamikaze meatball! Besides, the last food fight at Oak Bridge... From the school district grapevine... It was rumored you tried to actually stop it from getting worse."

Polly looked down. "Some of those stains didn't come out. Was one of my favorite pair of jeans, too." She glanced over to KC sitting on the workbench. She had to smirk, teasingly, saying, "The chair sits too low?" She didn't care... Unfortunately, it wasn't just HER workbench. "Just be careful around those pipes. Some have sharp angles."

Greek Islands

"The work force? Not the AIR force like your dad? Though all of that over-the-top discipline does leave ME cold. Saaay... What about security? Like mall or maybe bank? You'd be protecting treasure... Sort of. Or a police officer. No bigger treasure than life itself." She was making so much sense one would think she was thinking of police officer for herself.

A young blonde walked in that would reek of the same thing Catra currently did as well. Curiosity. There was also a bit of earth, books, and adventure with a touch of scholar. She took off her pith helmet and sunglasses revealing almost sunbronzed skin on her face, except for around her eyes, and her hair, although blonde looked downright sunbleached. She was in an outfit one would expect on a standard archaeologist, with tan cargo pants, a long sleeve even lighter brown top with breast pockets perfectly over cups, that seemed to be exactly halfway between C and D on each side, a fat belt held up her pants, and dark brown laced boots that came halfway up her shins, with her pants legs tucked neatly in, and she put down on the floor, and by the thunk, it held a few books, not to mention the settling was her brushes and a pen set, a large brown leather satchel, that she quickly flipped open. She reached in and pulled out a large black spiral notebook, the pen set, and a much larger many paged tome, that she quickly leafed through. Her face was sunburned as well as her wrists, like she had just spent the last month or so out in the elements. Although she appeared in mannerisms to be early 20s, she looked like she was in her mid 30s. She held a package, wrapped, which she sat on top of the table, Kim had brought her to. "Just an ice tea please. I have to figure out what this statue..." She carefully unwrapped it. It was a well crafted stone statue of an Egyptian goddess Zara would know well. It being catlike piqued Catra's curiosity. "Was doing buried... Or supposedly buried... About 1,000 years ago in a prehistoric indian village." She carefully moved the stone statue, put the tome down and began pouring over it.

Catra said to Zara. "Part of me wants to leave since the sun's out, but another part wants to meet this real life Goldie Gold."

"Goldwyn Kriezis! About time you visit home!" The proprietor said loud enough to even garner May's attention.

"Hello, father." The blonde sighed although accepting the hug. "I'm off for a few days, and you act like it's been years when it's only been months." She then looked at Catra. "If I'm any archaeologist with a knack of always winding up in mysteries... It would be Lara Croft. Mainly because I'm not loaded, and don't own my own museum... I do have a late 30s roadster that is next to the bike shelter and the hot motorcycle (Zara's). If you care to look at it. The roadster, I mean. The bike isn't mine."

Screenshot_20210629-200619.png
Goldwyn's car. Only gold colored.

Last edited:
KC glanced over at the door just as the younger brother disappeared through the door yelling about words and whatnot. She shook her head with a giggle before turning back to Polly "All I'm saying hun is you've done a lot of good stuff here and it's definitely better than anything anyone else is gonna bring in. But fine fine you finish up." She giggled again before raising a brow at Angie and tilting her head back and forth some "I think you could take him but only if you surprised him." she smiled and looked down at the table then back at Polly "Guess we can't really do any work of our own with such a messy table." she smiled giving her lips a lick before she shot a wink to both of the other girls

Zara shook her head
"Not a chance I don't do well with people yelling at me especially ones who are intentionally getting in my face. Some of the others wouldn't be terrible but I feel like I might be a little overpowered. No, I'm thinking about being a mechanic and eventually opening my own shop if I get a chance." She smiled and shrugged before her nose crinkled up as the new scent came in, usually, people only had two or three scents on them but this woman had way more and it just radiated off of her. She sat back some listening to the girl talk only for her attention to turn to Catra "Yea the bike out there is mine thanks she is a beauty as is the girl across the table from me so eyes to yourself." She licked her lips some as the scent continued to radiate from girl although the more it permeated around her the stronger the smell of fake and wrong was coming to her. She narrowed her eyes after a moment and then shook her head "By the way your statue there is a fake."

May raised a brow as the door dinged open and in walked the proprietor's daughter they had met a few times and May had to admit she was a sexy girl with some nice upfront views that May could just stare at all day. She smiled to herself for a moment as she leaned back in her seat to try and take in the view not to mention the interesting toy she had brought in. She looked it up and down trying to figure out what it was and then she tried to sneak a peek at her books and after a moment just shook her head signing to her sister "This girl is cute but my gosh is that stuff boring. Just the titles are meh."

Polly rolled her eyes, but the blush was telltale. She had definitely been thinking it, and neither of the other girls would be sure if the blush was from Polly thinking it... Or that she got CAUGHT thinking it. With a smile, however, Polly said, "You both know you're more than welcome to watch me, but like most science projects, although this could also pass for a workshop one as well, couldn't it? Ahem... No helping. So what are you two doing at Poseidon for yours?"

"I'll have a diorama of Crack-yer-toe-uh, before and after, and a 3,000 word report on the aftermath of the explosion." Angie said, purposely saying the name of the volcano wrong. She was basically daring KC to check her on the pronunciation.

Polly just made a face, but kept her mouth shut about Krakatoa being mispronounced. Let KC do it. After KC spoke, she would lead the fellow students back into the main part of the house.

Greek Islands

Kim chuckled at her, saying, "She's an archaeology major, May... Her whole FIELD is meh. But she likes it. Not my cuppa, if you feel me." About that time, the bartender brought May her gyro and Greek seasoned fries. The cucumber sauce actually came in a little plastic cup that sat on the edge of the plate.

Catra finally nodded. "Somehow I have a feeling your specialty will be choppers." She teased. "I can actually see you as a motorcycle mechanic." She admitted.

Goldwyn's expression was of mild amusement. "I'm not admiring her. I'm more interested in paleontology and archaeology. Studying things like Sekhmet, here..." She looked at Zara, blinking a few times. She took a sip of her iced tea, and then proved she had been buffaloed into believing the lie told by her professor. "Professor Gunnison has already promised this unique relic to the Denver History Museum. I have to deliver it with my report to the curator in two days. Whether he's already been paid or not, I can't tell you. What I can, is she was dug up in a section where we found other household totems carved from the granite that is plentiful in the area. There's no way she can be fake, although I thought that upon first sight. It's the wrong native god, for one. A baffling enigma, yes, considering this is the Egyptian goddess of war. We would expect stone and gold statues of her all over Egypt, and looking similar to this one." All this would be true enough, but Goldwyn was refusing to use her brain. "The professor had a theory that is full of holes. That's why I have to fill them in. Gunnison is a well known archaeologist whose traversed the world." Another lie Goldie and her graduate class was taught, or rather drilled into them. The professor had been to Egypt and some other sites, but had not been everywhere. He was booksmart, not well rounded. "You seem intelligent enough," Goldwyn closed the book. "So tell me why I should believe you over my professor. I'll give you a chance."

Goldwyn's dad shook his head as he came over. "Me personally... I couldn't put my finger on it, but I never trusted the guy. Professor or not. Something about him was just off. I won't let him in here, especially after he made that scene with an archaeologist from New York."

Goldwyn just gave her dad a frown. She then shrugged and nodded to Zara. "Yeah... He loves to argue. That's why I don't spend a lot of time with him. I'm still offering you the chance to prove how you know it's fake." She motioned to the stone statue.

KC gave a giggle and stuck her tongue out at her girlfriend enjoying the fact that she had caught her being a perv. After a moment she rolled her eyes and shook her head some "Trust me darling I couldn't help you even if I wanted to I mean look at all this stuff I wouldn't know what went where and up from down." She giggled and hopped down from the table only to stop when Polly asked her question "Ooof surprised Polly didn't call you out on that even I know you were wrong." she giggled and then blushed and pushed her fingers together as she glanced over at Polly "Um well I'm sticking to simple so ya know old school potato clock." She shrugged and smiled before following the other two out of the garage and back into the main house.

May shrugged and signed back to her sister
"I mean looking at old stuff can be cool but it's all the reading and writing about the old stuff that ends up being boring." she shrugged and gave a small moan of pleasure which sounded like a dying cat when she saw then smelled her dinner. She happily tucked into it while keeping an ear open to the conversation going on down the counter.

Zara chuckled some and rubbed the back of her head
"Am I that obvious. Although it wouldn't just be bikes eventually I'd want to spread out and start working on cars as well." She gave a protective nod towards Catra then stood up and moved over towards the archeologist "Well first off all those holes should be your first clue, your second should be the fact that there is no way the goddess Sekmet was known outside of the Eastern Hemisphere until much later. Thirdly look at the statue itself that's far too smooth for the materials Pueblon Natives would of had during that time. Sure the tools could be sharpened to that extent but not to the degree that would create something this pure. Along with that look at the grains of the stone, they are way too fresh and new, if it was from the time your supposed professor says it is they would look different." Now that she was closer she could smell the wrongness of the creation yes it was from that area and yes it was made from the right materials but it just didn't fit the right style/scent especially when she remembered the few pieces she had seen at the museum there. "Finally I'm pretty sure I've heard your professor's name before and I'm positive he's banned from the Pyramid area as well as the valley of kings."

Polly smirked. "Why do you think I have those blueprints?" She teased. As they made their way back into the main house, sunlight, low and setting behind the mountains, filtered in. "Will you look at that! The sun's out, and I guess you guys can get home. Maybe when I'm not sitting we can get together for some fun, including pint-sized exploring." She hugged both. "Text me when you two get home?"

"She'll be dropping me off first, and it's about ten minutes not including traffic for KC from my place." Angie said, pointing at Polly.

Greek Islands

Kim's expression was that of a "C'est le vie" shrug to her sister as she went to check on her current customers, one of which was the owner's daughter.

Goldwyn listened as Zara explained what was right in front of her eyes. She reached in one of her breast pockets and pulled out her magnifying glass, and really went over the Sekhmet statue. "I never really had a chance until now to really look at this..." She stated a little too matter-of-factly. "Professor Gunnison kept drawing my attention away, and wanting to argue schematics. I finally told him I was taking my two days and seeing my family. You're right. He had to have sharpened a tool from that era..." She ran a hand along the surface. "Mmm. The grains do tell the story. Don't need carbon dating to tell me this was carved just before the graduate class went to Mesa Verde. It's only three months old. Four tops. The rock is thousands of years... But the creation carved out of it... That son of a bitch." She looked up at Zara with an awed smile. "What's your name? I'm seriously thinking of bringing any suspicious 'artifact' to you... Plus I'd like to be friends with you. I don't know or care HOW you knew, I'm just glad you did. Goldwyn Kriezis. How do you do?" She stuck out her hand for a shake.

Back
Top Bottom