Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Zara raised a brow surprised at the rebuttal from the girl "My my someones feeling feisty all of a sudden and obviously the kissable one." She smirked and gave Angie a wink back before giving a shrug "Figured you'd be too intimidated by me and Catras been your friend for too long."

KC giggled and nodded her head at the other girl "Still this is all a lot and yea just way more than I thought hehe." she chuckled a bit more as she looked around at all the figures and figurines and then finally up to the presidents. "Wait why would you get the Biden one but not the Obama one?"

Catra rolled her eyes with a smirk. After Polly got her answer, and told Zara, "Kissing would've been okay, I guess... But I even gotta draw the line at the pervs. I got a big enough one in Lila. Whether that's why I'm not ready, or it was my older cousin's advances, I can't tell you for sure."

With Polly finished talking, Catra made her way to the catcase and picked up the folded letter holding Obama's spot. She handed it to KC. "This is why I don't have Obama. I've even been looking in yard sales." The note had as a heading:

Presidential Cats

June 6, 2009,
We are sorry to hear that your Obama cat was broken in transit. Please be watching for the replacement to make it's way to you in time for Christmas. We hope you have been enjoying your unique collection of our Presidents as they would have appeared as cats. Our artists have lovingly recreated each one to honor the legacy of the presidency, and we wouldn't want any of our customers to miss out.
Sincerely
August Templeton, president

Catra shook her head, "Dad said it never came. I saw the package Trump came in, so I know what I'm looking for, but if it's hidden upstairs in the attic as SOMEbody thinks, I sure haven't found it."

"Hey! I'm not the only one who wouldn't put that past your dad! Especially after what you said about your dad and Democrats!" Polly interjected.

"But why keep me from having a complete set just because HE doesn't trust them?"

"Polly wasn't the only one to tell you he's probably got it hidden somewhere in the house, you know, Kit Kat." Angie huffed. "You really LOOK up there in the attic, you'll find it. I'm willing to bet money on it." She would be proven right as Catra's dad had done just that with a note to himself to "run across it" after Obama's term sitting on the small box... Except Albert forgot.

Zara chuckled and shook her head as she continued to look around the room following the other girl's conversations "Mmm that could be it or perhaps you're just nervous about how you would preform? Or maybe this is your first real relationship and all you've ever done is flirt so now that you're past that point you don't know what to do and you're scared you will fuck it up?" she turned her attention right back to the other girl her eyes flashing as she did she could be surprisingly deep as well as intimidating at times.

KC took the letter and read through it before handing it back and listening to the other girls
"Hmm maybe he did steal it I mean if that were the case I wouldn't be surprised if when your next one comes along it just so happens to disappear." she shrugged and then turned to Angie "I'm sure Angies dad is connected to this guy in some form or fashion so couldn't he put in a good word or to and get you a new one?"

Polly folded her arms and scoffed. "Thanks a lot, Zara! But yeah, there could be that too."

Angie was busy trying to listen to KC. "What's the name of the head guy of Presidential Cats, and is he still in charge today? I mean Obama? He was like a decade ago."

Catra nodded. "I believe Templeton still is in charge, but as far as getting a third Obama that would technically be the first? It's likely not produced any more. Only so many are made anyhoo."

Angie picked up the Trump Cat. "Hmmm, number 15342 of 25000. I could ask daddy, but he'd probably want all other avenues exhausted first... Including a full go over of every nook and cranny in this house. Basement to attic. I'll definitely help go over every square inch of the attic, for example... But I'll want someone with more backbone than me as backup, when it comes to spiders..." She shivered physically as she put the cat figurine back, with her own face cutely scrunched up, "Ick!!"

Zara smiled and gave the other girl a wink "There's a millennia worth of riddlers in my blood you tend to learn to look for prompts whether that be in how people talk, stand, or move around. Can't let them stall for too long if it's obvious they have no idea what the answer is." she chuckled some before turning her attention back to the other girls "Yea I'd go with you Angie but I don't think I fit up there."

KC smiled as she nodded at the other "Almost 15 years since her was pres and now we have his VP oh how far we've come." she giggled and shook her head before looking up at all the different kitties "I mean you weren't around when Lincoln, Washington, Taft or most of the others were so why wouldn't they have some surplus hmm?" she smiled as she raised her arms up with her shrug then glanced over to Angie "I ain't afraid of no spiders."

Angie looked at KC. "One of the things is only 25,000 were made and the Presidential Cats had only been around since 93 or 94? Daddy thought it was a novel idea. He's getting them and I think even invested in the company. That's why I said he might, but would want all avenues searched first." She looked at her phone. "Oh goodness, didn't know it was so late... And here Zara just gave me some more ammo. I love riddles. Eat em for breakfast. Of course I also love the New York Times crossword but can never finish Sundays. I have a hard time with Saturday's too, but usually get through the weekdays without much trouble." It was 9:30, she immediately called Wentworth. After she hung up, she said, "Zara, dear, the limo will be here shortly with Catra's chest from the fishing trip.".

Polly looked at KC. "So, I guess that means the party's almost over. I'm going to see if I can talk mom or Nana into dropping you off so Angie can get right home, too." She headed down to talk to her family that had came.

Angie had already gone downstairs to ask where the chest could go, and Blythe had the door to the space that was under the stairs leading to the second floor open where there was plenty of room.

Zara chuckled as she leaned back and shook her head at Angie "Nope I'm shit at them my mom's pretty good though. I've just got the big scary look going for me and that tends to intimidate people enough." she smiled and shrugged again before nodding and glancing down at her phone then back up at Angie "Sure make the monster girl do all the hard work." she smiled and stood up giving Catras cheek a kiss before she'd head down to take care of the chest moving it to where her dad directed.

KC gave a small yawn before nodding and hopping up
"Mmmk but which one are you going to be with?" she smiled following her down the stairs and waiting with her as she talked and then they watched Zara manhandle the chest inside

(Blythe is the mom.)

Albert laid down. Lila had been the last straw. And since he hardly, if ever, looked in the closet/space there right under the stairs, right there on the first floor, the female Dr. Doolittle (she was a veterinary assistant, after all) figured correctly that was the best place for it. She had asked to see inside and blushed at the large amount of British currency all from the 18th century. "Yes, well... }Ahem{ Ummm, Catra won't have to worry about college tuition now. Quite a catch. That explains why your pole didn't come home."

KC was invited to come home with the Pocket women, until Polly kindly reminded her Nana about the outburst from John at dinner and he seemed to really be the only family member not happy Polly had come out of the closet. Her younger brother would be, too, but Polly was really trying to avoid another confrontation with Daddy Dearest.

Catra did hug and kiss Zara before she left, and Blythe wanted to make double sure that Zara had the house number as well. Polly planned to walk KC to her door and give her a good night kiss.

The next day would be a school day and a rare Monday practice for the Duck volleyball players. Unless Zara would convince KC to visit them at Oak Bridge, they wouldn't be seeing their girlfriends at Pop's.

(Up to you if anything is done, but please set the stage for Tuesday?)

Zara stretched some popping her back as she took a step back from the chest nodding her head at Catras mom she smiled "Well it's definitely not a ten-pounder but I'm sure it's a decent catch." she chuckled some before she nodded at the information she was given and then she leaned down letting Catra kiss her as she wrapped her in a tight hug. Smiling she shot her a wink before heading outside and hopping onto her bike she took off.

KC smiled as she nodded to Polly's mom and grandma happy to ride along with them. Eventually, they were at her home and she happily made her way up to the door with Polly. She smiled as she leaned back some and then leaned forward and gave Polly a sweet kiss and letting her go after a moment. She smiled and gave her a wave before she headed in for the night.

Zara was sitting outside Catras school hanging over the front of her bike as she waited for her girlfriend to come out. She had decided to skip the last hour of the day not really caring considering it wasn't all that important for her. Well in her opinion, she gave a small yawn as she leaned a bit further forward her hand resting under her chin as she watched the front doors waiting.

KC yawned as she leaned back in her seat tapping her pencil against the table waiting for the hour to up so she could head home. After a bit she pulled her phone out and decided to text Polly
"Sooo are we doing anything tonight group wise or do you want to do something just um us."

It was already Tuesday before any of the six knew it. In last bell, Angie leaned over some to whisper up and over one seat each. "Give her a better incentive than asking her plans. I sent an invitation for the weekend. Same one going to you. Pool party/sleepover starting immediately after school Friday. Whole weekend."

Polly answered both via text. You two ganging up on me? Lol, ok. Ok! Yes. Sleepover approved for the weekend and I was thinking the two of us at one table, KC, at Pop's. Can I get you something to eat? I'm getting his famous country deluxe bacon cheeseburger... Maybe a cherry malted chaser. She then reminded Angie to not forget sending Catra, Lila and Zara a message about the weekend sleepover.

Frustrated, Angie sent an emoji raspberry to both, saying she was hoping for just the three of them, but okay, message sent to the others.

Catra's and Zara's texts would chime on their phones as the bell finally rang ending the school day. It would take another five minutes before Catra would finally appear, carrying her cat ear helmet. She'd answer Angie later, unless Zara took initiative and RSVPed for them both. "Hi Zara! Wanna try to go to the restaurant from our first date? Over on Grand? It shouldn't be too busy if we beat the rush... Pop's, on the other hand, is probably swamped."

KC leaned back so she could better hear the other girl before rolling her eyes "Hey I'm trying not to spook the unicorn ok too much prodding and she bolts." she giggled and sent back a winking emoji and kissing emoji before her words. "Probably just some fries and a rootbeer float I don't need anything to big before dinner tonight." she quickly glanced back at Angie before moving her phone out of her line of view "Should we invite the other part to our throuple or do you wanna keep it just us. I'm fine either way." she sent off another kiss emoji before replying yes to Angies text

Zara sighed she hated waiting the most although the sun on her back was definitely a nice feeling. Soon enough she heard the bell going off and felt her phone vibrate at the same time. Raising a brow she checked and quickly sent back a sure for herself not wanting to reply for Catra in case she couldn't come. With that done she glanced up and managed to pick out her small girlfriend a smile spreading across her face when she did, this girl was smitten. Nodding her head at Catra she let her hop on before replying
"Sounds like a good idea Kitty Catra I'm always up for some food."

Polly sent a shrug emoji, I have to eat out cuz they're not going to be there. I gotta babysit my little brother. If I don't eat before I go home... I won't get to eat cuz I won't be given time by my brother. He wants something it's now, now, NOW! A second later why don't I have it yet?! She said in text. Meet you there

Catra fastened on her helmet and hopped on, putting arms around Zara's waist. "Glad to hear it. I wonder if I can get Angie and KC to check out the attic before the sleepover. I mean, it is Tuesday... Oh listen to me, I want this early dinner to be our time. Hush my mouth.. " She then decided to focus more on what she might want from the Greek style restaurant. There was a chili, plus the Greek style fries and a huge Mediterranean Salad that both could eat on.

KC turned back to glance at Angie and then turned back to her phone before replying "I'll bring the heiress and see ya there cutie." she smiled shooting her another kiss emoji before the bell rang. She hopped up snagging her stuff then grabbing Angie's arm and pulling her along behind her "Come on princess we've got a date with a cute blonde." she smiled and tugged her out to her car.

Zara smiled as she leaned back against her girlfriend before she started her bike up the engine roaring as she turned her ear just a bit so she could actually hear her over the roar.
"Mmm don't worry about it I'm sure we can get it taken care of sometime soon. But yea let's just enjoy each other for the afternoon." she smiled as she drove them out of the lot and then started heading on towards the restaurant.

Angie smirked. "Oh. First I'm told not to spook the unicorn; now I'm invited to late lunch early dinner? Good thing I enjoy Pop's so much... Your car? It's not gonna be a witch with a B and strand us, making me call Wentworth, is it?" She hopped into the passenger side front seat anyway... As if daring the car to roll over and play dead. "You be nice to KC, y'hear? Or I'll tell my Daddy on you! Howerton, car... Remember the name and behave yourself!"

Catra just sighed and enjoyed the ride. Sure enough, they wouldn't find the Greek style restaurant nearly as busy as Pop's on any given weekday afternoon right after school. Catra and Zara would even get a booth and the same waitress (Kimberly) as before. "Root beer and sweet tea, right?" She asked with a smile.

Catra shook her head, "Mountain Dew instead of tea today, please."

KC rolled her eyes at Angie "Ohh hush now if either of us is gonna make this throuple thing take off then we need to push forward and try." she smiled again and lead the other girl out to her car before hopping into the car and rolling her eyes at the other girl as she leaned forward and patted the dash. "Don't you listen to her darling you do your best this one is just used to riding in fancy-schmancy cars." she laughed as she started her car and pulled out of the lot heading down the road towards pops

Zara smiled as she pulled her bike into the parking lit and parked it in a decent spot where she felt her bike wouldn't be hit by any doors or dumb people. She followed Catra into the building and settled in with her across the table. She glanced up at the waitress and gave her a nod before turning her attention back to Catra
"Ooh someones feeling daring today aren't they."

Angie raised an eyebrow. "So you're saying Doctor Dinky has a more fancy shmancy car than you?" She cleared her throat and said tongue in cheek. "You may have a point... Small as it is."

Polly anticipated the duo coming and reserved the 'horseshoe' shaped booth with her in the middle.

-------:--------

Catra shrugged. "Naw. It's not yet four pm. If I have caffeine after six, it's usually tea."

As Kimberly gave them their menus, Catra asked about the Mediterranean Salad.

Kimberly made a face. "That's a large order... I mean, no offense to the boss guy, but it should at $12.99. But that's usually a meal by itself even for two. Remember the Greek sausage meal you guys had last time? That's the meat in it, and it's about yay big." She showed the approximate size on the table, separating her hands by twelve inches round and eight to ten deep. "Comes with two plates in your case, but enough plates for the table. It's usually an appetizer for the actual meal."

KC glared at the other girl before sticking her tongue out at her "Ohh hush up you brat." she shook her head before driving them towards the hometown restaurant. Eventually, she pulled into the parking lot and it took a moment to find somewhere to park as like usual the place was popular this afternoon. She smiled as she pulled into a spot and hopped out of the car giving her car's roof a pat. "See she did fine." she stuck her tongue out against before heading in soon enough joining Polly at the booth and giving her cheek a kiss "Hey there cutie"

Zara chuckled as she nodded her head at the other girl "Fair nuff" she smiled as she leaned back in her seat taking the menu offered to her and starting to peruse it for the moment. Zara raised a brow at Catras question but considering the other girl said it was an appetizer she was feeling like it. She felt like getting some sausage and noodle of some sort. She smiled and continued to look it over as Catra and the waitress discussed

Pop's

At the diner most Ducks go to right after school (as it's close) and many Mermaids started going to, through word of mouth (mostly from Angie), Polly was happy to see KC, and leaned into the kiss. "Hi yourself. So, two sides one for each of you." She then looked at KC. "Are you sure you just want fries and a float? I mean, like I said... I gotta have my big meal, now as I will be lucky to get even a snack later."

Angie hadn't been privy to the news, and asked, naively, "Why not, Pocket?"

"I have to babysit my little brother. And he's very impatient. I'll leave it there." Polly said, kind of avoiding eye contact with Angie. Mainly, so the heiress didn't invite herself over to try to take control of the sitting chore.

Pop brought the orders almost as soon as KC and Angie got seated. Polly had what could only be described as breakfast, lunch AND dinner, all rolled in one. The cheeseburger had, besides the regular toppings of lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles, bacon a scrambled egg and some french fries. Her cherry malt found itself at about 11:30 on the place setting. KC, having only fries, got her root beer float at about 10 on the place setting.

Greek Islands family restaurant

Catra nodded. "I think that might be enough for me, then, though, I'd like Greek fries, as well." It wasn't that Catra wasn't hungry, it was the size of the salad was intimidating. Kimberly turned expectantly towards Zara for her order.

KC smiled as she settled in next to Polly letting Angie slide in on the other side of her. She sighed happily and leaned into her girlfriend while she waited for their food figuring Polly had already ordered. After a moment she nodded her head at Polly "Yea I'm good this will hold me over till dinner." she smiled and licked her lips when the stuff was finally laid out before them to enjoy. "Mmmf yummy you can share with me if you want Angie."

Zara glanced up from her menu after a moment then she pointed to one of the larger pasta dishes "This one please and I'll take some of those extra fries as well if you would." She smiled and handed her menu off

Greek Islands

Kimberly nodded, smiled and took both menus. "You're orders will be up a little quicker than most others. I'll be back with them; err, should I still bring the second plate for the Mediterranean tossed salad?"

Catra nodded. "Yes, please." After Kimberly walked away and got busy with another just seated table, she looked at Zara. "There's a few pasta dishes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it wasn't one of the two vegetarian ones. I am a curious sort, so is the meat pork, beef or lamb that's in your pasta salad?"

Pop's

Polly noticed that the super deluxe bacon cheeseburger was a lot bigger than she expected with bacon and hamburger, a scrambled egg, cheddar cheese, seasoned fries, and the normal deluxe toppings of lettuce tomato onions and pickles between the buns.

Angie raised both eyebrows, looking at the sandwich with wide eyes. "If you manage somehow to eat all that in one setting, I'll pay the bill!" She knew she herself would be taking about half that monstrosity home for later. She did grab a few fries on a napkin and pulled it to her, definitely wanting to see if Polly could finish it all. She highly doubted it, wondering with a glance KCs way if the volleyball player could even do it. In one setting.

Zara nodded her head at the other girl in thanks then turned her attention back to Catra with her girlfriend taking a moment to figure out what she had to eat. "Mmm well actually it was a bit of all three and it has some extra spice to it. Granted I doubt the Greeks really know what spice is haha." She smiled and shrugged before taking a few sips from her rootbeer and then turning back to the other girl "So we got interrupted the other night and I believe you had some questions"

KC giggled as she looked over at Polly's face the girl seemed to be rethinking the massive burger that she had selected for herself. She glanced across at Angie giving another giggle at her own reaction to the burger. She smiled popping a fry into her mouth as Angie snagged a couple for herself. "Hmm if the bottomless stomach Angie is looking at that thing with weary eyes I have to wonder how you will do."

Greek Islands

Catra nodded. "You're also going to have two types of tomatoes and both regular and red onions. The only pasta salad with all three meats is called the Olympus Feast. And for good reason. It's also every bit as big as my salad, but with more substance. It comes with a small cup of Greek style dressing."

She then thought about Sunday. "Questions... From Sunday?" She sat there scratching her head, trying to go back to the point in the medieval room with all the dragons and armor and things. "Wow, from all the commotion... Maybe it could have been about if you'd ever seen a real dragon from the way you rattled off rather you could beat them or not, or specifics on what exactly you guys do now that most tombs have been discovered, or how you guys tell the difference between an actual archaeologist from a fortune hunter... Or something to that effect. I guess I should have written them down." She admitted, blushing from embarrassment of losing her train of thought.

Pop's

Polly shrugged, gulped, and then took her first healthy bite of her "healthy-size" burger, holding it in such a way as to keep both her egg, bacon and fries as much between the buns as possible. She couldn't keep a pickle slice or two and the tomato slice from slipping out and onto the plate however. Knowing if she tried to stuff the pieces back in, she'd lose the fries, egg and possibly the bacon, Polly decided to just try to continue eating... Losing a few fries, and some egg next. There was a reason the burger came with flatware, after all.

Zara nodded as Catra listed off what she had ordered "Well you know me I can eat and it sounded good so there we go." she smiled again as she watched the other girl wh took a moment to remember what she wanted to ask if she even had wanted to ask those questions. "Well, you didn't have to ask those I just know you wanted to ask me some but sure. I've never seen a real dragon no seen some of their descendants though, they're tough kind of like me only they don't change once a month. Oh, trust me there are still plenty that haven't been discovered, and pretty much my families released from its duties so we just get the benefits. However, there are still a few that guard the way and you can smell the difference. Archeologists smell like books and old things while grave robbers and fortune hunters smell like lies and oily." she chuckled and shrugged taking another sip from her drink "Its all good hun fire away what you want to know."

KC giggled as she watched the other girl struggle to ram the burger into her mouth. She smiled as she sipped on her float and snacked on her fries. "I hope you know this is the furthest thing from attractive." she giggled even more as Polly struggled on losing more and more of her burger as time went on. "Seems you'll be having a salad now hehe."

Greek Islands

Catra smiled. "Well, that amount of food, the meat and pasta, is what kinda scares me off, unless I had help eating it. At least with mine, as long as I keep my dressing out of the bowl itself, mine can go home with me... What I don't eat." She sipped some of her Mountain Dew as she listened to Zara. "Oh, I did, and it had to do with what I had witnessed there in my parents' medieval room. We just got sidetracked and then Polly's dad and Lila pulled crap... I kinda forgot."

Kimberly soon arrived with the two salad bowls and two plates for Catra's and one plate for Zara. It was a subtle hint to Zara from the proprietor, not to eat the large meal out of what was technically a serving bowl. "It'd been me, I wouldn't have cared..." The auburn haired waitress with the perm whispered to Zara with a wink.... Of course, she'd said and done that with any big eater.

Pop's

Although she did pretty much end up with a bit of a salad on her plate, somehow Polly stunned Angie by not only finishing every bite of the humongous burger and cleaning her plate, but swiping a few fries from KCs vast supply, and finishing her malt. As if teaching a lesson, as she dabbed her mouth, Polly intoned, "The secret was skipping lunch, ladies."

Angie just shook her head in utter shock. "Unbelievable. Where did you put it all? Gotta hollow leg, Pocket?"

Zara smiled and nodded her head as she took a couple of sips from her drink and leaned back into her seat "Fair enough but I'm sure I can take some of mine home if I want to but let's be honest I'm not taking any of it home." She laughed again and nodded her head at the other's words "Ohh ya mean when I was wandering around pointing out the different dragons I could beat haha." She glanced up when she noticed the waitress moving towards them, she chuckled as the plates were set down in front of her and she gave her another nod and did as indicated shoveling the food out onto the provided plate

KC chuckled at the expression on Angie's face although she had to admit she was kind of surprised that her girlfriend was able to get it done as well. She had been friends with Zara long enough that she had seen plenty of big meals disappear. So she wasn't too surprised but she was still kind of impressed
"Not bad"

Back
Top Bottom