Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Catra shrugged. "I'm an amateur compared to Polly, especially when it comes to mythological creatures. Talk about photography. Did you ever see her rendition of KC as a centaur? I had to look twice, the shading to the glint on the arrow. Last picture that person ever took." She grinned, before cleared her throat. "Anyhoo, I couldn't imagine you not being since... You know. Sphinx."

Polly's mom had gone quiet as she had felt she monopolized enough of Polly's time with her girlfriend.

Angie was coming downstairs, again looking for Catra, not realizing she had wanted to get to know Zara a little better. Alone. And was currently trying to think up her next question. "Whoa. That's a picture from Hawaii, right? I think I've been there. Nice frame. Mind if I take a closer look at it? Thanks Mr. J."

Catra gave a smirk to Zara and counted silently from five fingers to a finger point.

"That's painted directly on the wall! The FRAME is even a painting!" Angie gasped.

Laughter for about a minute, and then Nana Pocket called everyone to dinner.

Zara smiled as the other girl continued to talk for a moment "I did it was impressive sure, but I'm positive your stuff is good as well. I mean everyone has their own area they're good in." She took a moment trying to figure out what she meant then with a laugh she nodded her head "Ahh yea well when you turn into a big ol cat about once a month you tend to look for other people who kind of get you." She smiled and leaned back some just in time to hear the princess bellowing before Catra counted her down and then she was yelling even louder "Dang nice." she perked up at the next yell and hopped up before holding her hand out "Mmm alright dinner time, but before that boobs or butt?"

KC smiled at Polly's mom having enjoyed the conversation before turning back to Polly herself and giving her another poke. "Hey, are you coming to the next group art club thing again? I believe this time we're heading to the mall."

Catra shrugged. "Anyone can paint a believable frame, it takes real mastery to turn lines into looking like a photograph.. Even my mural looks like it's a painting of a Hawaiian landscape. Because it is. But that's not the point. It might be a physics thing, but Polly's artworks look like photos. Not all, but most. And, umm, boobs, but not over gigantic back breaking. Might look at em, but not into butts, cuz believe they're an exit only." She gladly went to make sure she had a seat next to Zara.

Polly nodded. "Right. I take my sketch pad everywhere, but we're supposed to actually pair up and go on a sort of photo shoot... Including our partner in an outfit picked out by the other. I actually asked ahead of time for you, and I want what you pick out for me to be both science-y and girly..." She blushed. "But we do that later. We're to have full body posed, action and something else... I forget... Bust was it? With three different people. If it's not from our group, we have to get permission from the subject. I know the one with our partner is supposed to be a posed action."

Seating was already set up for two. At the front of the table. The Juliannes sat on either ends, but Zara was at the head on Mr. Julianne's right, and Angie at his left also the head. Places were set, but not the dinners, yet.

Murmuring happened among the others, as Catra saw some movement as Nana Pocket waved her over the the steaming lasagna casserole dishes not cut into.

"Ladies and gentlemen, our hostess will serve our guests of honor first. Let's hope they're hungry." Catra's mom announced as Catra balanced both casserole dishes on a tray to bring over. Angie gave a questioning glance across the table to Zara.

Catra came over and set her tray down, before presenting both with their own full 10 x 8 x 3 inch casserole dishes. She smiled and said, "You can't dig in til I get back and seated. But bon appetit."

Angie smirked at Zara. "I'd say race ya, but I love to savor my meals. Besides, if Ih twere a race... You'd inhale it before I got two bites, right?"

Everyone seated, Mr. Julianne told everyone to dig in.

Last edited:
Zara nodded her head as she took a moment to think on it "That's fair but at the same time some of the best art in history has looked pretty average. Leonardo Da Vinci did all sorts of ridiculous things yet he's most well know for a bland painting of some woman. So I guess as the saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder." she smiled and shot her a wink "Can't say I agree totally I prefer boobs but a nice backside is definitely something to look at and enjoy the view haha. Speaking of boobs are mine to your liking." She chuckled and stuck her chest out some before heading out to the table. Sitting down she waited for the food to be served only for her and Angie to get one of the dinners all to themselves. Chuckling some she shot Angie a wink and nodded her head before starting in on it when she was finally able to.

KC raised a brow as she listened to her girlfriend talk for a moment going on about what was coming up "Hey now you don't get to decide on what I pick for your that's the whole point hehe." She giggled and smiled at her as she continued to listen to her talk "Sooo dress up then run around the mall taking pictures with randos all for the fun of it and extra credit. Also we have to take at least one with our partner. Hmmm doesn't sound too bad." she smiled and gave her another nod before leaning back to watch for dinner she hadn't eaten much today and she was getting hungry. Eventually everything was set out and she happily snagged her a couple slices before starting in on her meal

Angie, without realizing what she was even doing, began eating like one of refined culture and raised pinkie, cutting tender noodles with the butter knife. She even held her garlic toast like she oozed culture, occasionally dabbing the corners of her mouth just as lady like.

Polly made a face. "You have to have me action posed, KC. What else would fit me then..." She then posed as if she was pouring one chemical out of one vial and into another.

"Polly Kingston Pocket! No experimenting at the table! Even make believe!"

Pretty much EVERYONE stared at her dad.

Catra blinked and looked at Polly. "Kingston?"

Polly gave her the stink eye. "Don't even Catarina Madelyn." She said it quiet enough to keep it only between her, her mom, KC, Angie and Zara's sharp hearing.

Angie stopped eating, with about half her lasagna gone (she was hungry, also), stopped chewing and looked at both. After swallowing, she shook her head. "Both of your middle names. I can't even. So, even Catra is a nickname. Wow. Whoda thunk?" That said, she went back to her lasagna.

KC chuckled and gave a shrug before shooting her a wink "I don't know cheerleader, action spy, cop, firewoman, puppy, Karen. There's plenty of ideas we could use for an action shot hehe." She let out a yelp as Polly's dad suddenly yelled across the table and then Polly and Catra had a quick and quiet conversation that she barely heard. She giggled and turned back to Polly. "I mean at least it separates the two other letters because PP isn't so great to be telling people haha," she smirked at her own childish humor before turning back to her meal.

Zara glanced down at Angie and shook her head
"I knew you were a princess but come on it's lasagna you don't cut it like a steak." she shook her head turning back to the meal which was already half gone for her. Then the commotion started and the middle names were tossed around and her head shot up before looking around for a moment then turning her attention back to her friends. "Careful with that names have power and a full name is not something you just throw out there no matter how mad. There are plenty of myths about kings and queens and their armies of slaves the rulers having discovered their full names. Just look at the Terracotta army." she gave a nod the sphinx girl deadly serious about the words she was saying. "That is why you will never know my true name. Zara is just a close English translation."

Polly waited until after Zara's speech before giving Zara a pout. "Dad started it, and I have problems dealing with my middle name. I hate it, and don't like being asked about it. Best way to piss me off. I'll gladly explain it later when I can calm down." She was definitely sore about her middle name. And that it was now public knowledge with her friends thanks to her dad. She looked over to KC. "A puppy? That's stretching my acting abilities, and it's absolutely impossible for me to act like a self entitled, narcissistic bitch."

Pocket jumped to his feet and threw his napkin on the table, but her mom did too and stopped him. "She deserves to have that one, John! Siddown! Most the time, including this one, your looking for an excuse to punish her here lately! Looks to me like you're the one that actually needs the time out, this time! Sit and finish your lasagna! Your mom worked extremely hard on this!"

Angie sighed, speaking calmly. "I can't help I was taught to have dignified manners at the table, Zara dear, I know you mean well, but really, although soft this time, I've ran in to tough lasagna noodles. Best just politely cut all noodles with the butter knife." John Pocket was probably the only one there who would argue that logic. Especially since being scolded by his wife, he was glaring at everyone but his mom if they were of the female variety.

Polly, after hearing Angie's quiet explanation, said "Jeez. I don't think there's a Karen at the table." Again she got real quiet, and it was doubtful anyone could blame her for saying it, "Unless there's such thing as a male Karen." She whispered.

Zara shrugged as she returned to her meal listening to the other girl "Well if it keeps it out of other peoples mouths then good hate it and hide it." she smiled and her eyes roamed down to Angie as she shook her head "Then that was a bad Italian dish if it was a good one it would be hot and gooey and easy to cut through with the broad side of your fork." She smiled again before glancing up at the sudden outburst from Polly's father, it was not her place to say or do anything but she was certain she would be able to handle the middle aged man if she needed to.

KC giggled and shot her a wink
"Come now some cute fake ears, a tail, and possibly a fake nose and you would be the cutest thing. Like a lab or golden retriever hehe." she giggled only to be cut short when the older man suddenly hopped up looking as if steam was about to come out of his ears. She quickly found something more interesting to look at down in her dinner hoping itd be over soon

Angie was breaking etiquette as she started nodding quickly, swallowed and pointed at Zara with the fork. "Exactly!" She said it a little louder than she intended, earning her a glare from Polly's dad. "But it's happened more than once." She said quieter. "Like every time at the school, and a few times out. Usually at non italian restaurants. Now Olive Garden. There's some decent lasagna for those without our finances. You been to Georgino's on Main? Wines, soft live music... Oh and Mario Brothers on Colorado in Denver. Live there, too. Real fine Italian dining. Both of them." She meant Marino Brothers, but kept wondering if she was going to have to defend herself with Polly's dad. That despite another lecture about Angie not even being his daughter from Mrs. Pocket, which was punctuated with a "Really, John! Control yourself before someone else does it for you!"

Polly shook her head. "I have a dog, but that doesn't mean I have practice being one. Now those others you mentioned, cop, firefighter, spy, cheer? Now those I can handle. As I proved as the Mermaid..."

"That's it! Since you haven't stopped going on about KC , Angie and their damned school, you can attend it next year!"

Mr. Julianne glanced at Zara and Angie both. "Finish eating girls. I've got this." To Pocket, he wasn't near as gentle. "Jonathan. I've heard enough. Your mom, wife and daughter are still welcome here, but until you grow up and let things go, you are no longer. I must ask that you leave for the night, at least, so the rest of us may enjoy it. I won't let you ruin it for the others, including the rest of your family. Your wife has gotten on you twice already in the last five minutes. Enough is enough."

Forks dropped on plates all up and down the dining table. It was the first time ever, someone had been thrown out of the Julianne home.

Last edited:
Zara shook her head as Angie described her different experiences "Well that just sounds unpleasant and yea Olive Garden is great personally I get me some Fettachini chicken or something like that. Lasagna and Spaghetti are just too basic for getting at a restaurant. As for the other places my family doesn't eat out at fancy places all that much so nope. I will say don't try the Middle Eastern place downtown they don't know what they are making." She chuckled and shook her head before turning back to her dinner only to have Polly's father create another outburst, she was about to stand up. He hadn't talked to her but Polly was her friend and this was getting ridiculous only to be stopped by Catras dad as he took care of the problem. She raised her brows in appreciation before turning back to her meal.

KC was about to respond when Polly's dad made his scene, she cringed and blushed looking down at her plate because for some reason she was a part of this. She quietly ate only for their host to quickly take care of the problem. Glancing up she watched for a moment long before turning back to her dinner. Once everything was said and done she would attempt to turn things back to normal. "Um well, you have no experience at being any of those except the cheerleader obviously. But whatever I'm sure I'll pick something out that'll be good and you'll pick something out that'll work for me." she smiled at her trying to get past the awkwardness of the moment

Angie took a deep breath, as did Polly, as John Pocket removed himself from the premises.

Catra had a look of shock on her face. Her dad had thrown someone out of the house! "No one's been thrown out before... I'm... I'm..." She fumbled with her fork before it ended up on the floor.

Julianne was nearby, picked it up, and gave his daughter a side hug. "I'll get you a clean one, just relax." He then gave everyone, including her, an apology: "I know he's the one that should apologise for how he acted, but I'm apologising for what you all had to witness." He sighed. "Catrina,here, is right. I never had to throw someone out before. That in itself is rude, no matter how just it is. I would not blame anyone if they wish to leave after dinner, but ask that you don't let a bully... I'm sorry, Nana Pocket, but that's how he was acting... Ruin your night with us."

Nana looked thankful at Mr. Julianne. She shook her head and patted an arm. "You did what you had to, Albert. I don't think there's a single person here that's going to fault you."

Nodding, he went to the kitchen. His wife just watched. "Blythe. When did you want dessert served?"

"Give us time to finish and our stomachs to settle." As if reminded of something, Catra's mom addressed Zara. "That reminds me... Will you be staying with us longer, tonight?"

Mr. Julianne delivered the clean fork to his daughter and retook his seat, cleared his throat and finished his lasagna.

Angie finally finished hers; sure enough, she had ate all of it and was gently dabbing her mouth. "Absolutely delicious, Nana Pocket. Thank you...." She then let out a very loud, long, deep (from the bottom) Italian seasoning induced belch. The kind that rolls and echoes. "Oh my! I DO beg your pardon!" She said with a blush.

Even Julianne was laughing. "No better thank you than that... At least we know she liked it!"

Zara gave a nod to Catras dad not faulting the man for sticking up for his home as well as his daughter's friends. She wasn't sure if there was any history with the outburst and Mr. Pocket acting like that but she was going to stay out of it for now. She returned to her meal giving Catra a concerned brow raise as she seemed to go in shock from the whole ordeal but soon enough things were settling down. She quickly finished up her dinner and set the pan to the side before leaning back some with a smile for Nana. "Thank ya for dinner ma'am it was pretty good." she chuckled only to blush at her question then a moment of realization dawned on her as she nodded her head "Oh right I had to leave early last time, yea tonight is all clear for me."

KC stared after the men then watched as Catras dad came back and helped her out as she broke down for a moment. She shook her head some as she watched everyone turn back to their meals and a few moments later both Zara and Angie were done but then Angie did what she did. KC made a eww face as she shook her head at the girl "That has to be the most unattractive thing I've seen you do darling."

Angie blushed even redder. "I did beg your pardon." She whimpered.

Polly was obviously trying to hold it in. "Yes. Yes you did. But girl.... From the toes?" She then made a face and shook her head.

Catra easily defused the situation. "I'm sorry, but I learned something of note regarding that, KC. Had we been guests at Zara's, that would have been considered a very high compliment to the chef. It's considered polite in Egypt."

"And in India. I've been to both countries Zara is from." Nana gave both Zara and Angie a wink. "You're both welcome."

Blythe Julianne took a deep breath. "Just another reason we're going to let our stomachs settle before dessert. We aren't in either of those countries, or at Zara's. If we were, even I would be expected to honor her traditions at the dinner table." Her tone said she tended to agree with KC. GIRLS do not burp, little alone loudly, at the table.

KC shook her head as she looked the girl over, giving her a look as if to say who the hell are you. She giggled some before nodding at Catra "Yes but if we were at Angie's and one of us did that she would be mortified and we'd potentially be banned from the table." She gave her another chuckle before laying her head on Polly's shoulder and giving a nap time. "Mmmf I think it's nap time anyway."

Zara raised her hands before shaking her head "Hey now that may be the custom in my home countries but definitely not in my home. My grandma would have smacked your knuckles even if you did apologize. And trust me she can smack." She absentmindedly rubbed the back of her hand before nodding to Nana Pocket "Thanks again ma'am." she smiled and wrapped her arm around Catras middle before just relaxing for a moment

Angie held up a forefinger. "Erm. Actually? Not me. One can't help a natural function. Mother, on the other hand... Yeah. You nailed it. I HAVE been banned from my own table. Mother actually overrode Daddy's word. He snuck me dessert later."

She looked at Zara, instinctively rubbing her hand as well. "Sounds like Mother and your grandma would get into a congress about who smacks the guilty party's hand, but only if no apology is offered. Mother would relent if it's an honest apology."

"A... Congress?" Catra blinked.

Apparently Susan Draper, Lila's grandma, understood. "Heated debate, dear."

KC shook her head as she laughed at Angie just imagining the princess banned to her room. "Did he have to scale your hair just to give it to you?" She giggled even more as she cuddled up against her girlfriend using her shoulder as a pillow as they sat around chatting.

Zara smirked and gave a shrug
"Nah my Jadda wouldn't even take the apology. She's old school and brooks no foolishness especially at her dinner table." she laughed again before giving a shrug "Definitely wouldn't argue about it either she'd just smack your moms hand and that would be the end of it hahaha."

Angie made a face. "Kay Cee! Please! Do I look like I could wear sixty plus pounds of hair, or even take care of it? You do realize Rapunzel would have, prior to Eugene cutting it, about one hundred feet of hair?" She shook her head. "No. He just had to climb seventeen steps and walk roughly one hundred twenty yards (the length of a football field from goal post to goal post) to my room from the table. The steps being about ten of those yards from the dining table. I really need to have you all over some time."

Polly didn't seem to mind being used as a pillow since everyone was having their stomachs settle before dessert.

Catra frowned. "Angie's got a good point, though. Bodily functions aren't exactly controllable. I mean I'm a splendid example of that. I have such violent sneezes sometimes, my whole body shakes or jumps."

"SOMEtimes, Catra?" Blythe asked with a blink. She shook her head. "Try MOST of the time."

KC giggled as she leaned into Polly watching Angie as she ranted about the idea of being Rapunzel while at the same time admitting how big her house actually was. "I mean with all that walking I hoped he brought some dessert for himself as well so that he would have something to replenish those calories he lost walking all that way." she giggled and shot her a wink before giving a small yawn. "Definitely all sounds like a princess in her high tower though haha."

Zara chuckled and wrapped her arm around Catras waist as she leaned down and kissed her cheek before sitting back up. "I'm sure its cute...sometimes...to an elephant." she smirked and gave her another kiss

Angie blinked. "Well, actually... Yeah. When he brought me dessert, he did have his with him, and we talked about how best avoid Mother's wrath from then on."

Catra shrugged. "Just saying a bodily function can't be helped... However, that wouldn't give anyone license not to excuse themselves. That's where you learn who has proper upbringing."

After a few minutes longer, Blythe excused herself and asked Susan to help her with the desserts. Lila's grandma obviously jumped at the opportunity, to Penfold's embarrassment, apparently as he suddenly turned slightly pink all over with rosy cheeks.

Susan sat the saucers in front of everyone as Blythe went around placing the pastry pie on each one from the bigger plate she held. "Who would like either hot tea or coffee with it... Yes, yes, Catra, hot GREEN tea for you..."

"Mom knows me so well..." Catra grinned at Zara.

"Coffee for me, dear." Albert, her dad, commented.
Screenshot_20210224-230021.png

Zara perked up at the sight of the pie as it was brought out and set down on the table "Now that is some good-looking dessert." she licked her lips before turning to Catras mom and nodding her head "I'll take some of that coffee if I can." she then turned back to Catra and raised her brow before looking her up and down "Yea I'd hate to see what you were like on to much caffeine haha." She smirked and shot her another wink

KC laughed and nodded her head
"See gotta have a plan in place especially when you gotta go through all that work just to see your daughter." she chuckled before sitting back up her eyes going wide as she took in the delicious-looking pie. "Mmm seems I'm not as full as I thought I was." she giggled and waited for a slice to be cut for her before turning to Catra's mom and giving a shake of her head "None for me thank you."

Polly and Penfold both went for hot tea as well, whilst Susan wanted hers iced. Angie still had plenty of her lemon-lime soda, so also bowed out of coffee or tea. She had almost asked for green tea as well, until she noticed her half full glass. She looked at KC. "You're passing? But you're almost empty." Leave it to Angie to worry if someone had enough to drink.

Blythe nodded. "She's got a point. Would you like a top off, then? What were you drinking?"

Polly's mom had likewise passed on tea or coffee, but still had enough of her water left. Penelope, on the other hand, thought coffee would be fine... That left Lila with her glass empty, but wasn't sure if she wanted tea. She did drink coffee... But with a French style fruit pie? Well, at least it was no fashion faux pas...

(End of post)

KC was really watching that pie waiting for her slice to be cut and set before her when Angie piped up and then she was bombarded with questions. She giggled some before nodding her head "Sure I'll take a top off, please. If you have any more I was drinking rootbeer, but if you're out I'll finish this off hehe." she smiled before turning her attention back to that pie, it looked so good and she was a sucker for sweet things

Zara was content to take her coffee and start drinking it for the moment while she watched the others at the table. Taking a moment she leaned forward some and gave a small yawn even as the warmth filled her

With everyone served, Blythe went to the kitchen and got the two liter A&W root beer bottle from the fridge and came back in. She tilted the glass to pour the root beer and took the bottle back in the kitchen. Once she was seated, Susan brought her coffee (she had served everyone else) before sitting herself. Once Lila's grandma was seated, Catra took a bite of pie, which was actually the polite thing at the Julianne table. Once Mr. Julianne had started off everyone at the beginning of dinner, you could start dessert once everyone including the server was seated. Someone had to start it off though. Once Catra took her first bite, the parents began their dessert.

"Mmm. Sweet and sour. The cherries bite back. I want this recipe!" Angie raved.

Zara watched the others at the table and while she didn't know the unsaid rule she wasn't going to start eating the dessert until Catra did. It wasn't really anything important for her she just liked to enjoy things with her girlfriend at the same time. She let out a sigh of pleasure as the sweet sugary flavor washed over her "Mmmf that is good."

KC had started to take a bit when she noticed no one else was eating it yet so she restrained herself for a moment. She blushed some and sipped at her refilled drink while eyeing that pie in front of her. She was starting to grow impatient when the other finally started eating. Finally she let out a groan as she leaned in and started eating

Blythe smiled. "I figured you might like it. Your chef might already have it. It's a french dessert. I didn't know what to make that was Italian. I didn't know how to make spumoni."

Catra swallowed before addressing Zara. "Remember how I told you I'm pretty decent at Trivial Pursuit? Unless it's changed since yesterday... That's the game tonight. Everyone's going to be staying here at the table, and the reason you were asked on the coffee or tea with your pie, is because that's the only refill you can get during the game. Most players have wanted one or the other."

Angie swallowed the last of her pie. "Glad you said that now, Kit Kat. I usually prefer a decaf soda, like this lemon-lime I got for my drink at the start, when I play games. All I can say, is I hope you brought your A-game, hostess dear. I play Trivia games to win."

Catra glanced at Zara. "That sounds familiar. Someone plays Family Feud the same way. My team was cremoted last week." She had a stupid looking grin on her face, and even winked at Zara.

Penelope, Polly's Nana, chuckled under her breath as she was reminded of the fun night the week before.

"What about you, KC?" Lila's mom asked, as her dad Penfold looked first to his wife, then KC for her answer.

Back
Top Bottom