Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Wentworth smirked and nodded his head at the younger girl before shooting her a wink "I'm not cleaning that up either Ms. Angie." he smirked and stood before heading out to the limo to get it started. He would have paid but he wasn't about to go through that exhaustive argument with the young heiress...again.

KC glanced around as everyone finished up and then the checks were brought
"Ohh I guess we're leaving well ok then." she smiled and quickly finished off her third stack then went digging around for her wallet and slapped down the cash she needed to pay. "Either the waitress takes it or you do Polly I don't care I'm not letting you pay when this isn't technically a date." She smiled and kissed her cheek before glancing over at Angie "They can't imagine a porcelain doll is able to fend for herself hehe."

Zara finished off her meal then watched as the checks were set down she quickly snatched both hers and Catras and held it above her head in case she tried to fight her. Before long the waitress had taken both with Zaras card "Sorry Kitty Catra I spoil my girl."

Catra huffed. "You gotta let me pay sometime. It was separate this time."

Polly was distracted by Lila asking for hers, that she completely missed what KC said. She gave Lila a firm, "No. You got money left from your allowance. I know you do. I don't think you do need bailed out. You cry wolf too much, little girl." She excused herself with her check and KCs check and money. "Besides. Last time you said you were short, you turned right around and bought an issue of Vogue. Those AREN'T cheap. Fool me once, and all that." She walked towards the cashier at the front.

Angie stopped with her check and asked if she really needed help, and picking up on Polly's cue, told her to show her. Lila immediately admitted she had enough. With a disgusted look, Angie scolded her, "And that's why she didn't believe you. She's your FRIEND, Lila, that's RUDE to try to take advantage of her like that." No sympathy from the rich girl either.

Zara chuckled and shook her head as she stood up "Nah I really don't." she stuck her tongue out at her before snagging her card from the waitress "Tell ya what if you want I'll let you leave the tip." She smiled down at her and showed her the price of their meals if she wanted to do the whole 10-15 percent thing

KC shrugged as Polly was so distracted that she didn't hear what she said which didn't bother her any. So dropping a few dollars on the table she followed the other girls up to the counter to get her change. She smiled and sangged herself one of the mints while she waited and the other girls argued over Lilas payment methods.
"I mean no offense Polly but if she can fool you into paying that's on you. But ya caught her this time and even set Angie up for success later." with that she gave her a thumbs up

When KC said what she did, Angie looked perturbed, but not out right mad or fully upset. With a scoffing chuckle, she commented, "KC, can I have a word with you privily... Outside?" She had just got her change back and started walking out the door.

Catra blinked. "Sure. Okay." She looked at the total and put down enough for 20%."She had kept our drinks filled and KCs plate full, so she deserved the full allowance on the tip in my book." She explained.

Polly looked puzzled at Angie. "Did she just say Privily?!"

Angie apparently heard as Polly got the You wanna be NEXT? look.

Outside, Angie softly explained. "Con artists guilt trip, and that's what Lila was trying to do in there. That's not on Polly, unless it had happened before. It had, and she learned her lesson and called her out on it. Yes that gave me the heads up, so the first time she was fooled by a con? No. That wasn't on Polly, it was on Lila. Lila was looking for a free meal. Plain and simple. Polly recognized the stunt she was trying to pull and was actually trying to save everyone that embarrassment of finding out later. Good that you noticed that. Bad that you blamed her the first time. She was conned. Victimized."

KC glanced up at Angie and gave a small shiver at the look she was given before turning towards Polly with a pleading look of help me. But on she went outside where Angie could give her a lecture. Raising a brow KC shook her head at Angie "If she were the culprit of an actual crime I'd agree with you and never sided with Lila. But considering she is your friend and has been for a while I would assume you guys know her tricks by now." She smiled and then leaned up and kissed her cheek before nodding and heading for the limo "Thanks for being so concerned though darling its always nice to have someone looking out for you."

Zara smiled and nodded in agreement "Yup and that is a hard thing to do when KC has a hankering for pancakes." she chuckled and took her hand before leading the way out the door following the other girls out into the parking lot "So I think I'm done for the day I have some work I need to finish up on at home. But I will see you guys tomorrow." she smiled before hopping on her bike and offering Catra a ride if she wanted it

Catra had only let go of Zara's hand long enough to strap on her helmet. "Me too. Guess I'm going home. See you all tomorrow around five or a little before at my place!" She hopped on back of the motorcycle.

Angie smiled at the kiss. "She was Polly's first." She reminded KC before kissing her cheek (on her tiptoes?). She nodded with a wave to Catra and Zara. "Are you using your car KC, or do you need a ride? Polly's probably going to Catra's with her Nana."

Lila was out and looked at Angie like the rich girl had ruined her fun. She wasn't sure yet how dangerous pulling her cons were. After all, Angie was right. Polly was still her friend.

Speaking of whom, Polly stopped where she was... Sort of... Flanked by the two. She had heard Angie. "Yep. I'll be going to Catra's with family. Remember, Angie, since Lila snagged KC as her number one, your mine." She then said, "I'm going to make sure to keep the peace, cuz I think I'm only allowed one extra, but if you enjoy yourself..."

Angie shrugged, but nodded. "Let's get you girls home. Unless you two want to come over to my place, tonight."

Polly gulped. "I kinda hafta clear that with my parents and not last minute. Mom hates that. Umm... Last minute, I mean."

Zara gave a wave to the other girls before she pulled out of the lot and was off heading towards Catras house before she would head on home.

KC rolled her eyes
"Still ya knew her before mine." the brunette smiled as the kiss was returned, she wasn't much taller than the princess but enough to force her on her toes. Once she was at the car she turned back to the others and gave a shrug "That works for me Angie of course if there are rules to this engagement perhaps I have to come with Lila." she gave another shrug before pushing her way into the limo and turning back towards Angie "Sorry Angie we haven't been home in 3 days and I want to sleep in my own bed hehe. Thanks though."

Angie smirked. "I go to your school. I'm your cheer captain. I only met her because of same circles. Sooo NOT the same thing. We haven't been to each other's house, yet." Another kiss, but then everyone was in the limo and taken home.
------_-----------------------------------------------------
Catra was making sure her part of the job was finished this time for Family Fun Night as it was well before four. Since the main dish was Nana Pocket's lasagna, she even helped the Pocket family bring in seven lasagna casserole dishes. "Why so many?"

"You told me through Polly here, Zara would put one of these away by herself and Angie... Well, she claimed she could. Why take chances? Enough for everyone, that way."

Meanwhile, Angie phoned KC. "Whether you trust the car or no, I'm still offering to pick you up. That way you have a guaranteed ride both ways."

Zara was pulling into the driveway not to much later the clock read 430 and she felt like that was early enough. Hopping off her bike she stretched for a moment before making her way up to the house. She was in the classic leather Jacket tight/torn jeans and a nicer looking t-shirt as she knocked on the door she gave a smirk to her reflection and then waited for the door to be opened although she could already smell the good food.

KC glanced at the clock then her phone started ringing answering it she gave one more look to the clock before nodding her head....at nothing.
"Ya know its getting close so yes if you would I will gladly take that ride. As I seem to have been forgotten by my love sick best friend as well."

Angie nodded. "Figured. In the limo. ETA in 5, just be out front."

After picking KC up it was fifteen to the Juliannes. As she got out of the vehicle, she said, "Most likely ten, Wentworth. That's the normal time parties that aren't of the slumber variety wrap up." Those were the normal ones, and when most of Angie's did that she held.

Catra glomped Zara, happy to see her, just as Lila arrived with her family. She fussed again about not picking up her plus one, because KC wasn't her actual girlfriend.

Polly overheard. "Well, maybe, if Angie enjoys herself, we can switch next week. I'd gladly have KC as my plus one!"

KC smiled as she skipped out to the limo dressed up in a pair of jeans and frilly blouse, she plopped into the back and enjoyed the ride. Once there she waited for Angie before following her up to the house. Seeing Lila she feigned despair "Ohh woe is me forgotten and left to fend for myself." she giggled before shooting her a wink and then moving up to Polly she kissed her on the cheek before following everyone else into the house

Zara smirked and caught the girl before spinning her around and setting her back down on the ground then leaned into the hug.
"Mmmf well hello to you to." she smiled and gave her a loving kiss before following her into the house hand firmly holding the other girls as she wandered through "Place already smells delicious."

"That wasn't my fault." Lila huffed glaring at both her dad and mom.

"I'm a little put out about it myself... Penfold." Lila's grandma glared at her son. "You should have been a man about it. Lila had made a promise you helped break." The woman with the red and grey streaked hair, patted KCs back. "Come tell me all about it, dear. Such a shame, such a shame!" Yes, Mom was definitely guilt tripping her son, to indicate who really was at fault... And the fish bit.

"If she isn't Lila's girlfriend... We shouldn't HAVE to pick her up. That's not our responsibility. Tell your mother that. Well, go on... What are you waiting for? Tell her!" Lila's mother henpecked her husband.

Lila's grandma leaned over and whispered to KC, "Bingo. The real culprit has revealed herself, as planned. Sorry, dear, Penfold can be so timid sometimes."

Nana Pocket laughed. "I think that would be the lasagna. How are you, Zara? Catra's been talking my ear off for the last hour, nearly."

Mr. Julianne stuck a hand out for Zara to shake. "And mine since she got home last night. Nice to see you again."

KC giggled as Lila argued and then her grandma got into the action and even picked up the whole petty dramatic scene until finally it all boiled over. She smiled and moved over to Lila before giving her a hug "Hehe its all good hun my princess in shining platinum came to the rescue and I'm here. Sides the one who really deserves my wrath is my supposed BEST FRIEND." she said it loud enough but Zara was already through the door and in the house. "Dumb giant."

Zara blushed as nana pocket caught up to her "Well it smells pretty dang good Nana pocket." she chuckled and glanced down at Catra "Well I'll rescue you from her I like it when she rambles. She gets this cute scrunched up face." she smiled and shot the girl a wink before coming to a stop in front of her dad. "Ahh same to you sir I hope it wasn't anything bad." she took the hand and shook giving just enough pressure

Julianne shook his head. "Hardly. And that she does, the cute scrunched up face, I mean. She has probably told you about her unique collection, but have you ever seen it?"

Catra made a face and grabbed Zara's hand. "Read you loud and clear, dad. Got your point, dad." She led Zara to her bedroom so she could actually see and touch the collection for herself. "I don't mind if you want to pick up the breeds, but the President Cats are collector's items and can't be easily replaced. That's why they're the top two shelves."

Angie blushed at being called a knight, before doing another knightly duty by asking if there was anything she could help do.

Zara blushed some as she was complimented and then he even agreed with her, she chuckled some rubbing the back of her head. "No sire can't say I have" before she could say more she was tugged along behind Catra to the girls room, once inside she let out a long whistle as she looked around at everything. "Ya know I don't usually believe in destiny but if I did I'd say it hit the nail on the head dead center with you."

KC smiled back at Angie she had definitely called her a princess in platinum armor but whatever she thought was what she thought. She giggled and moved along helping set up where she could and making sure she wasn't a hindrance and so soon enough she was finding somewhere to sit

Catra blushed and shrugged. "I'm not all cats. That's just this shelf." She motioned to the eight foot high bookshelf with the porcelain cat Presidents, breeds, Thundercat and SwatKat action figures, and The Cat Who... mystery series by Lilian Jackson Braun. She pointed out a book shelf near the bed against the far wall. "That's my other pride and joy. Nancy Drew, Perry Mason, Ellery Queen and Mike Hammer. My classics and graphic novels take up the other two shelves. I'm missing four Perry's as I mentioned before, and I think a few Ellery's. Got all classic Carolyn Keene and Mickey Spillane."

Lila looked around. "Where'd Cat go?"

"At her dad's behest to show off her room. And assumingly... Cat collection." Angie stated, looking a little bored. "She has more than cat stuff, I might be curious."

"Oh, you should see her mystery books collection. Kitty Cat has all the classic Nancy Drew's and Mike Hammer's ever printed!" Polly grinned .

"Yawn."

"Ellery Queen? She's missing some though." Polly shrugged.

Angie let out a Polly sized Chicago squee. "Ellery Queen??!! Oh I gotta see that!" Zara would get run over if she wasn't to the side out of the door way. There was plenty of warning after the squee, as that's all Angie could say over and over. "Ellery Queen! Ellery Queen!! ELLERY QUEEN!!!"

Zara raised her head some as she looked up the tall bookshelf taking in the view of that impressive collection that the other girl had. She smirked giving a few of the statues and figurines a once over before she turned to look at the other collection. She continued to look it over before giving a shrug and settling down on the bed. "Sorry Kitty Katra but that stuff ain't really my style for me its all about the big battles and monsters of high fantasy haha." she shot her a wink only to cringe her eyes going wide like a cats when she heard the screech and then the tromping of feet up the stairs. "What the fuck?"

KC stretched out some before wrapping an arm around Polly and tugging her close only for them both to watch as Angie went very unangie like and dashed away assumably to Catras room. "Well I could be wrong but I do believe she likes those books."

Polly giggled with a blush. She wasn't quite ready (in her head) for this kind of public closeness when FLASH her mom took a picture of them together. "Moooom!"

"I'm going to send a picture of this to your brother in college. He pegged it four years ago. He said you would be a lesbian because no boy in his right mind would want to be with a girl who's smarter than him." Polly's mom grinned as she tapped on her phone.

Polly practically buried her head into KC. "I'm so mortified. I'll never hear the end of it now... Especially on how right he was... Nic was the only one who kind of didn't mind, but he sent mixed signals so I gave up and started dating girls... Well, actually, I kinda was seeing girls because he waited too long to ask. That's why what you saw and heard a few Saturdays ago went down like it did. I was kind of desperate for my first real kiss with a girl, now I actually want to get to know you better, first."

Catra tilted her head to the side almost cat-like, as Angie flew in the room.

"Where are the Ellery Queen books? Where, where, where?" Angie had a huge grin and was clapping excitedly.

With a raised eyebrow strange look, Catra pointed to the bookcase next to the bed, behind where she sat with Zara on the bed. "I'm missing a few. They're above my Perry's in the same row as my Hammer's."

Angie gasped almost like she was about to have an orgasm. "OMG! You have Perry Mason too?! You so should watch Matlock! Do you also have his TV series?"

Catra cleared her throat. "His books are better." She said uneasily, getting a little upset with her starstruck rich friend, who flew around the bed to the other side of the bed and sighed like a starstruck fan as she read the Ellery Queen titles. "Um. Angie? You can come back anytime and read them here, except right now..."

Angie didn't seem to hear. "Oh. Your dad said it's fifteen to supper. He's got a weird sense of time. It's fifteen til five."

Catra facepalmed. Loudly. And groaned audibly, as she looked at Zara.

"Oh fore I forget. Daddy agreed with me because he knew about the chest of British coins in Chatfield Lake. So... If the Howertons knew, so did the Littles and the Chatfields... So yeah, that law thingy on legally claiming those coins expired long time ago. They're rightfully yours, Kit Kat. When Wentworth comes, he'll have the chest and Zara can bring it in. Daddy found it in the RV when he parked it. Oi, that was a fun conversation. Apparently, in his opinion, it should have went home with you yesterday morning... Hey. Did you know you're missing about a dozen Perry's...? And Kit Kat... You're missing more than just a few Ellery's. I've got Ellery's entire collection. Yours is definitely cool. Second largest set of Ellery's I've ever seen!"

With a sigh, Catra looked about ready to pull Zara up so they could go somewhere else, since Angie produced a 3x5 notepad, and was writing titles down... That weren't matching any Catra had, of both Ellery and Perry.

"You really need to see the den, Zara. You'll be right at home..." Catra said with a sigh. They had lost both Angie and Catra's room.

The den was set up like something right out of medieval times. They were greeted by a pair of suits of armor acting as guards upon entering. Lining the walls were a number of shields containing coats of arms, there were two swords, in their sheaths, with the sheaths crossing each other in an x over the fireplace. Scattered about was an array of dragon figures of every shape and size, both western and Chinese. Each dragon had a different figure be it human, elf, dwarf, or other race. Most were in battle with the western dragons, while the Chinese ones seemed to be protected by their mates, which were only human or elf. A female elf archer appeared ready to skewer any who dare approach her Chinese water dragon.

Zara raised a brow as she watched the girl just tear through the room begging to know about the books and then she was at the wall looking them over. And suddenly her mouth was going a mile a minute and she was completely ignoring Catra who was surprisingly trying to make it to where they were along. Zaras raised the other brow as she seemed to realize ohhh Catra wanted them to be along, did she want to make out or simply hog her hmmm? She was ignoring the raving madwoman across the room at this point and her girlfriend and she concentrated on the idea well until she was suddenly tugged up and pulled along. As they came into the den her eyes went wide and she let out a whistle as she stepped further in checking everything out. "Hot damn this is awesome." while she didn't get to the point Angie had upstairs she was definitely acting excited for her normal self

KC blinked as Polly tried to pull away only for the camera to go off and for Polly's mom to go on a cute tirade. She had to let out a laugh as Polly hid her face in her shoulder, she turned to her mom and whispered conspiratorially.
"Can you believe it was me she convinced? I mean two different schools, definitely not as smart as her, and until like 4 days ago I didn't even think I was gay. And now she's the one who's all sorts of shy." She smiled and Poked Polly's side as she kissed her head "Hehe take your time hun but don't make me wait too long."

Catra giggled. "I thought you'd like." She said before picking up the archer in her forest green outfit. "Believe it or not, most the elves, green and, erm, autumn, I believe, are heavier than they look because they're pewter. Mom had an elven chess set. That's where the figures are from. She'd lost a few over the years from both sides. There's her king." She pointed to a regal dressed male elf with a crown dressed in the same color robes as the archer's outfit, as she held the female archer up. He had a long staff like scepter and seemed to be guarding an air Chinese dragon. "The Queen is around here somewhere fighting a western dragon, as well as this one's mate, an elf swordsman with a shield. He's fighting a different one. The autumn ones are scattered about. Both Kings guard a dragon, both Queen's fight one because they have their spears out slightly. Like they're ready to attack." She sighed. "The autumn female knight is around, but you won't find the male one. He's one of the lost autumn pieces." Catra perked back up. "This is kinda more a medieval room than fantasy.... All those coats of arms are real, most came from Mom. That one with the lions?" She pointed near Zara to the wall, "Is King Richard the III. Richard the Lion-Hearted, himself."
Screenshot_20210216-124843.png

Polly smiled weakly, but kept her blush as KC talked to her mom who definitely had a smirk on her face. "Well, of COURSE she would pick a different school... THAT science nerd wanted a smart jock... As opposed to a smart ASS one; except for our hostess, who's more mystery and cat nerd than jock, most of the jocks at Oak Bridge, male and female, are... Well... A certain male organ, if you follow me?" She gave a wink. "And I'm not surprised either that she wanted to scoop one up to date before someone else did. So what school?"

Zara chuckled as she wandered into the room taking her time to look over each of the pieces and the different dragons they were fighting she stopped for a moment to listen as Catra discussed the backstory of some of the pieces. "Well, that's a pretty dope Chess set haha." She then turned to look at the shield and shook her head "Of course you guys have the Lionhearts stuff." she shot her a wink before turning back to the dragons "Let's see I'd beat that one and that one. Oooh that one would be a struggle. That one I might not be able to beat." she smiled as she pointed at the different dragons around the room before returning to Catra and wrapping her arms around her and pulling her close and then leaning down to kiss her cheek "So this is all pretty cool but what's the real reason you wanted me all alone."

KC giggled as Polly continued to press into her trying to hide from her mother but KC herself was quite enjoying the moment. "Well I don't know how smart I am I'd probably say average but thank you." she giggled again before straight up laughing as the older woman called all the others at Pollys schools dicks but in a far more polite way. Shaking her head she smiled "Um actually me and Zara are from the same school as Angie so Poseiden." she shrugged and nodded at Polly "Can you explain the sudden shyness of this one. She pushed and she pushed and when I finally said yes she went all like this." With that she gave a nod to the blushing Polly

Catra waved over to a pair of chairs with antique look and comfortable backs that were among others in a circle, like at an old fashioned smoking lounge. She patted the one close to her. "I wanted to get to know you a little more without the interruptions of our friends. I don't think we really ever got to finish that. But instead of an informal interview like at the restaurant and camp when we played To Tell the Truth, more an informal chat, I mean, I don't think we ever got around to things we're doing, or hobbies. You like motorcycles. Mmk, could you fix one. You're strong... Mmk is that part of the gift of being a Sphinx. Y'know. Stuff we probably WANT to talk about that's more a just between us thing, or more detail then we've actually given or been able to give." Catra was serious.
Screenshot_20210216-182050.png

Polly's Mom chuckled, "Well, now... Between you me and the fencepost, there..." Polly blushed and buried her face again. And as before used KC as that buffer. "It's the ribbing. If she's gotten a few good natured jabs from the two others from your school and at least one of the two from hers... She's going to be that way. I'd say, puff her up a little. Is she wanting to use her smarts to help your two schoolmates? (Yes. Both) Encourage her to follow through. Support her. You may not know what the heck she's doing, but being there will go a long way to bringing her back out of her shyness."

Zara looked at the chairs before letting out a small hiss and shaking her head as she decided to settle down on the ground. "Yea I don't think I should sit in those I'm pretty sure I'd break them." She smiled stretching out some before turning to look up at the other girl and nodding her head at her words "So some real talk I can dig it. Let's see I can put together and take apart a regular bike but anything from Japan is a no-go for me. Most of my strength does come from my powers but I work out once or twice a week as well in fact if you wanted to you could come with me." She smiled and shot her a wink before thinking a bit more "I do have other hobbies but it's your turn, other than cats what is something you really enjoy. Are there any hobbies you enjoy doing or sports you play not on the sideline?"

KC smiled as she wrapped her arm around Polly and giggled as her mom continued to talk "Sounds easy enough considering I'm already doing that and she's already trying to help out a couple of our friends in her own fashion." she giggled and smiled at her "Although I gotta say the ribbing she gets from any of us is her own fault. She's been on my ass for the last two weeks and then woop nothing hehe." She chuckled a bit more before nodding her head once more "And she definitely says a lot of things that are way over my head. So I just smile and nod and say she's doing good hehe."

Catra thought about it. "So you could probably trick out a Harley." She chuckled to herself. "Whatever that means. I heard it used in school by a guy in metal shop.

Umm, I guess I'm a bit of a furry when it comes to anime and animated series and movies. Kinda obvious I guess, with ThunderCats and SwatKats, huh? But I also like this forgotten old relic in anime called ,Sherlock Hound. I like to build models but unless from a box, they aren't to scale, and create, like, murals and mosaics." She looked around the room. "I did one of Lion-O's sword with little tile pieces. That's a mosaic, by the way. It's actually supposed to be displayed down here somewhere." She sighed. " Murals are usually paintings done directly on walls. You know, al fresco, like The Last Supper; rather the real DaVinci painting in Italy." She smiled. "You know the beach scene that looks like it's surrounded by a frame in the living room." The smile turned into a smirk. "It seems to be hanging on the wall just as you enter the kitchen. Take a closer look at it. Especially the frame."

Zara smiled up at her then burst out laughing as she repeated what some guy from her school had said to her "Haha that's hilarious hun and yes yes I probably could." she chuckled a bit more with another bright smile watching the other girl as she went through her list detailing several of the things she enjoyed. "Well just to let you know I'm probably something of a furry as well." she smirked and shot her a wink then nodding her head, she had known what the different art pieces were but she was fine with the art history lesson so she kept her mouth shut for the moment. Although at her smirk she let out a laugh "Damn so you painted that picture up there, that's pretty amazing. I'm not too great at art although I have been known to take some pretty good pictures when I'm up for it."

Back
Top Bottom