Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel wasn't expecting the sudden stopped and lunged forward, getting caught by her seatbelt.
"Ahh! What the!?" She declared before the others started to go off.
"Wh-what? I mean, I umm, I-" Noel started to panic and hyperventilate.
"I- I can't- I can't breathe" She stated taking her seatbelt off and pulling her legs up so her head was between her knees.

Kara held Noel, "Calm down, Noel, it's okay." She looked over to Stephanie. "I think getting Dr. Brinker here if possible, is a swell idea, Steph."

Stephanie looked at Noel in the rearview mirror. "Where's the jacket? You said he left it at the Zorels. Thing is, it had to have been left outside. I was there starting Saturday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon, but didn't see any strange jacket anywhere, or strange people. Oh. And Bets is probably sound asleep as she worked last night... So I'm not going to bother her. If you are that scared, just lie on the seat, ducking below the windows. Try to relax." She said on the phone to her dad to hurry and if Brinker was available, bring her after giving a brief outline of what just happened.

With Kara's help after a few moments Noel managed to calm down, she kept shaking her head as she caught her breath.
"I- I w-Was t-talking a-about the s-straight j-jacket" She replied with a still semi panicked stutter and a hold on Kara.

Stephanie rubbed her face as Kara took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Oh, from Wednesday. I thought he'd like left his jacket jacket. Like he'd came by since then."

Kara looked aghast. "That was bad enough. Everyone who was in the house when she opened... Including your dad..."

Stephanie held up her hand. "Let's not rehash, kay?"

She took another breath and explained the situation to her dad. With a sigh and look to the backseat through the rearview mirror, Stephanie said, one eye closed in a wince. "And... We're parked."

A police car parked behind them with lights flashing and Wainwright came to the driver's window and very business like addressed his own daughter. "License and registration, miss."

Christine was on the other side of the car and waved to the two, pointing to unlock the door, while Stephanie looked stunned at her dad. "Dad, I..."

"License and registration, miss." Wainwright said even more stern. Stephanie had no idea what she had done wrong, but handed the things over to her dad.

Noel nodded along as they seemed to get what she had been talking about, still sitting in her position used when she was having her panic attack. Her arms wrapped around her legs as the others approached the car.

She turned and saw Christine pointing to the lock and reached over to open the door for her.
"I'm sorry.." That is all Noel said in a saddened tone.

Kara sighed as Christine pushed the front seat back. "May I?" She asked to climb in. She looked at Kara who nodded and then to Noel, who's permission she still needed. "Relax, Noel... We just need to talk. Privately. And by we, I mean you, Kara and I."

Wainwright opened the car door. "Obstruction of traffic. I'm going to have to have you step out of the car, miss."

Stephanie was STILL confused as what she had done to warrant her dad's bad cop routine, but with a shrug, she did as told and was taken to the front of the car to talk. A clue to Noel, if she caught it, that Stephanie wasn't really in trouble. This was so she and Kara could speak quietly to Christine.

Noel kept her firm but gentle hold on Kara as Christine leaned in and looked at them to see if she was okay to enter, getting her a nod from Noel.

As Noel heard her say she wanted to talk alone, Kara would feel her grip tighten lightly on her, clearly indicating she did not want her to leave. Though this softened again as she mentioned she wanted to talk with both of them.

Noel looked over at Stephanie being taken out of the car by her father, not worried as she knew she would be fine with him.

As Christine entered the back seat with them Noel would move over slightly to give her more room while also moving closer to Kara.

The redheaded detective thanked them and then ran a hand through her own hair. "So... I'm a bit muddled. I was positive you two were ready to start back to school. I understand that the cruel gift was just Wednesday, and we haven't had many leads, plus the rape case has to take presidence over the other with the hearing tomorrow on whether it even goes to trial. Let's start at the beginning."

Kara sighed. "Well, see, it was the first day everyone could leave and the mail could run and packages could be delivered..."

Christine looked like she wanted to thump Kara. "Too far back. Today. Start with what happened today. And don't spare the details."

Kara blushed. "Oh. Lesse. Noel and Jeff musta got up the regular time... Meanwhile I slept an extra forty-five minutes to quarter after five."

Christine facepalmed. "Keep it up, Kara, I'll start calling you Johnny Legend Junior." She said through clenched teeth. Calmly, she addressed Noel. "What caused you to delay meeting downstairs with Steffi and Kara? Around seven? That's what I meant by from the beginning."

"Hey, you were the one who was not clear, you said to start at the beginning, that is really vague if you wanted to start there you should have said so" Noel argued back to her, seeing the facepalm and hearing the response from her.
"I just had a little panic attack, that's it, okay?" She stated back still seeming bothered by what she had said to Kara, moving into a protective position between them.

Christine raised an eyebrow and looked surprised at Noel. "Now, that's what we are talking about, Noel. Did you just see how you stood up for Kara? You might want to be careful how you address an officer, though, luv, but that's what assertiveness is all about. Now. A panic attack? This have anything to do with starting back to school after two weeks? Or Wednesday? Or even a combo o' both? We'll try to sort this out." She noticed her Captain looking at her, and shook her head. He went back to speaking with Stephanie.

Her response seemed to calm Noel down a little, as she took a moment to think about how she reacted, then changed her position to be her usual withdrawn one.
"Oh, I umm, s-sorry. B-but yeah, I think it was both, and I don't know, even the thought about leaving the house made me a little nervous even." She admitted.

Christine shook her head. "Don't need to get yer knickers in a knot over it. Try to return to your normal day to day as best ya can. Right now, we'd still advise against morning jogs unless either yer brother or Kara is with you. Going back to school, getting out of the house and into a somewhat normal routine... That's what will help you heal, too."

They saw how Stephanie was leaning, slouched against the hood of her car, giving puppy dog eyes to her dad, when a knife just missed her and stuck to the far end of the hood. Stephanie, wide eyed, was a wreck and majorly panicking. It would have caused serious damage had it hit Stephanie's shoulder.

Chris could only gulp. "Attempted drive by stabbing. Officer needs assistance." She looked at Noel as Kara wrapped her arms around her. "On second thought... I think I'm going to push for heavier protection and you guys learning from home for the time being. Bonzer idea or no?"

Wainwright actually had his daughter on the ground and as he opened the driver's door again, Stephanie could be heard a bit hysterical. "Just stay on the ground with your head covered in case they throw another. You were obviously the target." He looked to Christine. "Can you drive this classic a car? Take those two home. Immediately."

Christine nodded slowly. "I've called for backup, Cap."

"I did too, once I had Stephanie hit the dirt, and before I opened this door." Wainwright was obviously scared, but was doing his best not to show it.

"The way she was slumped, Stephanie didn't look any taller than five foot. She might have just looked like the target." Christine explained. "By height."

Wainwright nodded. "Fine, Detective. Report this to dispatch while you get these two out of here!" He then radioed and gave the car's description where the hand through the knife from, as he bagged the knife in an evidence bag.

"Sir... Your daughter's car is evidence now, too. How'm I t' get these two home?"

Wainwright growled under her breath. "Alright. Sit tight." He looked up the street. "Stephanie. Just in case, make yourself as small a target as possible and get yourself behind your car."

Neither Noel nor Kara would see a person scramble around the front of a car on hands and knees so fast.

Noel took a breath and was about to reply to Christine when the Knife hit.
"Ah!" Noel wrapped her arms around Kara and pulled her to a laying down position on the back seat of the car. (Noel on top)
"no, no, no, no, no" Noel had Kara's head cradled to her chest as she held her, making sure her body was covering all her vital areas.

Christine patted and rubbed Noel's back. "It's all right, you're fine. I find it interesting that both times Stephanie was the one targeted. Whoever knew Stephanie was visiting the Zorels."

"What are you driving at Detective Andersen?" Wainwright growled.

"Theories and possibilities, Cap. Like how Betty's hair is also blonde, maybe a shade lighter than Kara's. Steve may not know Noel's hair isn't red anymore." She asided to Noel, "Sorry, luv, know I promised, but... Extenuating circumstances."

Kara started patting Noel to let her up, and would take a deep breath once she could. "I don't mind the extra weight, except when I'm scared shitless too." She gasped.

Noel would be shaking and, tears moving down her face holding onto Kara for a little longer than needed before finally sitting up with a sniffle, using her hands to fix Kara's clothes up.
"S-sorry are you okay?" Noel's hands still shaking a little as she tried to fix her up.

She then finally turned back to Christine with a sad look.
"This is all my fault"

Christine raised an eyebrow at Noel. "ALL your fault? Rubbish. Did you tell Stephanie just now to shrink down and make herself seem small? Did you send for that horrid bit of clothing and write yourself that letter we found with it? Did you hire those lying serial rapists to come after you? I should say not. You tell that passenger to throw a knife at Steffi? Not bloody likely. You're only responsible for you, luv, gotta let that sink in. If it's outta yer blinking control, ya aren't at fault." She stopped and frowned. "Oi, I'm sounding like me mum." She shook her head, "but in this case she's bang on the knocker."*

*Bang on the knocker- right on the money, not just correct, but absolutely correct.

Noel looked down as she heard the response.
"I, I know. I know I literally didn't cause it, but. If I were not here none of it would have happened if I never went for that jog..." She slouched down.

Christine shook her head sadly. "Okay? This is more Allison's forte than mine... But I do need t' ask ya where's the logic in that? You shouldn't discount all the good you've done. And how you know we'd have even cracked the serial rapists case little alone having the hearing?"

"And I know you've enriched both mine and my parents' lives just by knowing you. I mean, without that, we'd also never have met Jeff... And thereby CANDY would have never met Jeff. You heard what happened. She was wrecking her health. With junk food." Kara commented, taking a cue from what Chris was trying to point out.

Noel paused for a moment.
"I... I never thought of it like that." She looked up to them and gave them both a light smile.
"Thank you, I feel better," She said wiping her eyes of tears.

"She'll be apples." Christine smiled as a police station wagon pulled up in front of Stephanie's Mustang and Brinker popped out of the driver's seat, in her police uniform complete with hat. Canyon popped out the other side in his plainclothes, but with his hat.

"Don't understand why Penny couldn't have done this. Noel's not very fond of me. I'm only... Meh, I think was the word she used." Robert commented.

"Past trauma only by males will do that. And I picked you because your partner is already on scene and Penny is far more computer savvy then the both of us combined." Allison Brinker chided him. "She's needed at the station to run the description of the car through the database."

Canyon's hat popped up on his head. "Now, see? I'll buy that last one, Doc!" He teased with a mile wide grin followed by a jovial laugh.

Christine, seeing Stephanie pop her head up to look in the windows, said, "Should be safe for you to get up, now outta the way, Steffi. We're all coming out on your side for safety reasons."

The door opened, and Stephanie came around to push the seat forward so the three could get out. Christine first, who then held a hand out to help Noel out if she wanted it.

Noel cautiously took her hand and got out, looking around as she stepped out like she had expected to be jumped upon leaving the car. Once out she turned and offered her hand to Kara.
"Come love"

Kara likewise was cautious coming out and took Noel's hand, thanking her. "Now what?" She asked as both Brinker and Canyon approached.

"From what we've been told, Stephanie's car is being impounded as evidence and all three of you are being homeschooled until Steve is back in custody." Brinker sighed, pinching her nose. She waved to Wainwright as if the captain was who was ordering it.

"Dad! How could you?! Noel and I are on the basketball team! As starters!" Stephanie wailed, fighting tears.

Ignoring his daughter, he looked at Noel, and said quietly. "It wasn't an easy decision. But just about losing my daughter right in front of me... I'm not taking any chances with any of you girls' safety. Do you at least understand?"

Noel took and breath and nodded.
"Yes sir, I understand. Steph, if we go to school not only are we at greater risk, we put those in the school at risk, what if he goes in with a gun or bomb, or something, trying to find us and he hurts others or worse" Noel tried to help him explain to Stephanie.

Stephanie just looked glumly at Noel. She sighed and wiped beaded tears. Then as if ordering her dad, maybe even daring him, said sternly, "Then... I want to be with my two classmates. Yeah, I may be 16, but I AM in 12th also. If I can't play ball my senior year... I want to be with my friends."

Noel would have heard this exchange behind her from the other officers onsite.

Brinker grimaced. "Nancy Drew is really asking for it." She asided to Christine.

"Oath. For someone who prides herself on being like a certain teen girl detective, she's acting like she's got a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock."* Christine said shaking her head.

Canyon just stared at Christine. "I must too, because I have absolutely NO idea what you just said."

Christine smirked. "You said it, mate, not me."

*-slow of wit. Christine actually called Stephanie stupid.

He stood tall and thought for a moment.
"I certainly can't have you alone now can I? If it's okay with the Zorels, you can stay there, but then realize, you can't see Betty. Conversely, you could go stay with Betty, it's your choice. And of course, you need to ask the respective household owners for their permission as well" He stated sternly, but with a subtle tone that showed he was doing this from a point of concern for her.

Noel had heard all this and simply stood there, holding Kara. She had her girlfriend as was not going to lose her, and now she might get her friend too. Would it be selfish to want Stephanie to join them back in the house again? What would she do in the same scenario? She didn't want to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom