Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Stephanie sighed and said, "if I chose Betty, I can't see Noel?"

A nod.

"That sucks." She thought hard, and realized what choice she needed to make. Defeated, she said, "Well, let's go check if it's ok with the Zorels if I'm a house guest until this guy is caught. I'll call Betty later."

Betty had been with the Wainwrights only from Wednesday to Friday when her folks got back. Stephanie had only visited Betty twice (both Saturday and Sunday) but knew where she'd be needed. Luckily, she had a girlfriend who understood.

Stephanie would be allowed to stay with the caveat that she was bunking in the basement, and she had to be out of there when Jeff, Noel and Kara wanted to use the home gym. She'd agree to it.

Noel didn’t want to influence her choice at all, so stayed quiet and stayed with Kara. Though she did watch and listen as Stephanie walked over to the Zorel’s to ask. She squeezed Kara’s hand lightly when she heard her question. Had she really picked her over her own girlfriend? What did this mean? W-was she in love with her? It couldn’t be, she was dating Betty, but why else would she have picked her?

Noel’s lack of social experience would show had she verbalized these thoughts. Though to others it was clear why Steph would make the choice she did, Noel misunderstood the situation.

Of course the Zorel’s agreed with their given conditions about the basement.

A Little Filler to Explain the Decision

Penny Brown, the youngest ever detective watched as Christine and Robert paced in the squadroom. "WILL you two please? All this pacing is making me as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Sit down and drink some green tea."

Robert Canyon spoke first. "I'd rather have your problem, Penny. Beats feeling as useful as a screen door on a submarine."

"I should have both of your problems." Christine sulked. "I've been busy as a cat burying shit trying to smell the colour nine." A sigh. "'Bou the only thing we seem t' agree on, that Kara and the other blondes' descriptions woke us up to the point that one Steve was a doppelganger t' the other. With two different MOs."

Canyon scratched his head. "Wait, what?"

Christine shook her head. "You're no drongo, mate, use your head. The escaped looney goes after gingers, an' seems t' have a fixation on Nancy Drew. Mainly cuz she's a fair dinkum pass for Noel. Problem is that's cuz tha' bloody yobbo won't stand up straight outside. Less she's tryin' t' draw 'is attention."

Canyon crossed his arms. "Now, who's being a drongo, Chris? If I'm using the term correctly. Stephanie didn't know Noel's true hair color until you spilt that milk this morning in front of her."

"Point is, until we can catch tha' bloke, and quickly, those three girls social lives have gone tits up. And it's our fault." Chris growled.

"It did that when we ran out of leads and thought it was safe for them to go back to school." Canyon sighed, finally sitting. "Look how that turned out."

Chris said nothing, but continued pacing. "Figured the car used this morning would be stolen. We're back to square one. Bloody case is ready to drive me bananas. I'm sick of this bad trot we've had trying to recatch this looney."

Penny choked on her tea and looked puzzled at Christine. "I don't think I even want to ask. So... Who's checking up on our three school birds tomorrow?"

"You are." Christine and Robert chimed together as Allison Brinker came in. "Just got a tip. A person matching Steve's description was seen around the Daylight Inn near the main drag leading guess where? The neighborhood of the Zorels. Even though the family has code upon code to even get the door open, thanks to KING-TV, he knows that's where Noel is. Unfortunately, there's a few other redheads in that area, including Calla Mondale who has been seen at the Zorels as well, because Jeff is working with her dad for a place to live. He could be trying to stay close to his victim... Or intended victim."

Christine was right out the door. "Well, come on, let's not pussyfoot around! Let's nail this blighter! He did escape from an asylum! Let's put 'im right back in one!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, at the Zorels, even Candy was kind of feeding off Stephanie's depression. Sure, she was happy to be where she, Noel and Kara could all be safe and do their school work. But it just didn't feel right. As the afternoon reached the two o'clock hour, Pat called Jeff to begin whatever he had planned for supper, just as the phone rang. It was the basketball coach for Noel. Since she had lost her starting position, he wanted to pick her brain as to who could replace her. He also wanted a second opinion on whether Bonnie should be allowed to be the new center, replacing Stephanie. He sounded dejected about losing Stephanie and Noel from the team. Especially since no one had came in to join.

Noel was nervous on the phone with him. She apologized and admitted that she didn’t really know the other girls that much, she had only really attended a few days of school, and had not really spent anymore time then he has with them. Before she apologized again for not being able to make it, and that she couldn’t help more.

"You're still my assistant as far as plays go. Here's my wife's cell." He gave the number. "She'll be our go-between here on. Since you're well versed with the rules, I still would like you to go over my plans before the first game. Any changes needed, let her know. And don't worry about not playing for now... You're still on the team. Yak atcha later." He hung up.

It was up to Jeff on who would help him and even what supper was going to be.

Candy was twiddling her thumbs, but not looking bored, per se.

Pat was busy reading her paper sitting back in her recliner.

Kara was winding Big Ben, albeit meticulously slow.

The actual bored party, already done with her class and homework... Was, no surprise, Stephanie.

Jeff would offer for both Candy and Stephanie if they wanted to help with dinner, announcing that he had planned on making a jumbalia and checking for shell fish allergies. If someone had one he would make one with and without shell fish for them. He had already bought all the ingredients he needed for it. Though he googled the recipe and was no cook so would admit he would lean on them quite a bit.

Noel nodded, though he couldn’t know since they were on the phone, and put the wife’s number as a contact before reading over his plans. If Stephanie didn’t want to cook Noel would ask her to help her with the plans. More so to bounce thoughts off of.

Stephanie wanted something to do right then and jumped at the chance to help with the jambalaya. Candy said she was fine and would do the dishes since Tuesday was her night to cook.

Lenard checked for oysters, which even caused Pat to look at him with a blank expression. "In jambalaya, Lenard? Oysters? Since when? With a shake of her head and a tongue firmly in cheek, Pat said to Jeff and Stephanie. "Order of jambalaya, hold the pearl mothers." And went back to reading her paper.

With Stephanie jumping to cook with Jeff more out of boredom, she was already in the kitchen helping. Coach told Noel that she had a few days, but would like her feedback by Wednesday afternoon. "So basically 48 hours from now." He explained. She'd have time to talk to Stephanie right after dinner.

In the meantime as she had to wait for Kara to finish anyway, she started to make notes. Though would only keep on it until Kara finished winding the clock.

jeff would nod and give Pat a thumbs up. Then return to managing the kitchen affairs working and being sure everything else was being done properly by his assistant.

Kara came over within a few minutes and looked at Noel and then upstairs. "I'm up for what you wanted to talk about this morning... I mean, if you want to with us kinda being grounded from school by the police." She almost sounded like she was blaming herself for NOT being Supergirl, again.

The way her attitude was caused Lenard to look at her and frown, and then nod to Noel. "I think you two talking is a capital idea." He said calmly. "Upstairs you go. I have need of my office."

Pat chuckled. "He probably wants to see one of his shows."

Stephanie did everything she was told to regarding Jeff's instructions, making a decent assistant.

Noel nodded as well and walked with Kara upstairs and into their room. Making sure it was shut before she started to talk.

“Okay, so umm first of all, are you okay? I mean I know I am not great at the people thing yet but, you know none of what happened was your fault either right. Like you heard what they told me, and it is like less your fault then anyone.” She explained first taking Kara by the hands as she sat them both down onto the bed to talk.
“Oh, but that wasn’t what I wanted to talk about this morning, obviously, that wouldn’t make sense.”

Kara sat when Noel did, seeing as how it was the bed. She shrugged. "I heard Detective Christine. And I have even less permission than you do of talking to or about her without some form of honorific before her first name. But I also saw how Captain Wainwright was treating his own daughter. She HAD to have done something. I didn't wanna make whatever mistake she did or didn't do. I mean the police don't come down on someone like that for stopping traffic." Maybe Kara really did have a one track mind of late, as when it's two officers and the passenger (or passengers) needs kid gloves... Yes they do pull the good cop, bad cop routine in front of the driver. One of the many reasons one should never argue with them.

Noel had no idea about the in and outs of cop tactics and thought what Kara was saying made sense.
"I guess you are right, but I am sure everything will be fine."

She paused a moment knowing there was more she wanted to say but not sure if it would be weird if she changed the topic suddenly.
"Is there more you wanted to talk about what happened?"

Kara thought about the incident and took a breath, finally shaking her head. "Maybe Stephanie just needed whatever law lecture she received, otherwise wouldn't her dad had cuffed her and stuffed her?" She sighed. "Maybe she's grounded, because she's not allowed to SEE her girlfriend. Talking to her, but not seeing her. Her safety overruled her full punishment." Kara still didn't get it.

Finally, she looked at Noel. "So... What did you really wanna talk to me about that Steph was all like in the car this morning?"

Noel nodded along with what Kara was saying, it made sense to her as Kara said it, and she trusted Kara's more experienced opinion in matters of general social interactions.
"That makes sense, maybe that was it?" She agreed but also still didn't get it.

"Oh, umm well, I umm. It was about us and umm, that I had been thinking some things. About like when we were uhh, taking the next step and stuff. She rubbed the back of her head nervously. The other day as we were waiting around I did some research, but the closest thing I could find was called vaginismus, but it still wasn't quite right. I don't know what is wrong with me. But I... I thought that maybe if we knew, it might make things easier for us to keep going?" Noel paused a moment looking down after that, not sure if she had been making any sense.
"I just, I don't know, I felt like we maybe like, took a step back that night? And I don't want that, I don't want you to feel like you need to hold back or censor yourself or whatever for me. I don't know, maybe it's stupid.." Noel avoided eye contact, worried at how Kara might be looking at her from this.

Kara shrugged. How could she explain to Noel that she was guessing without coming full out with it?

Kara raised an eyebrow as she questioned what Noel meant. She thought about the incident. "Ummm... You jerked away so it wasn't involuntary... I mean not down there. You scared the living snot outta me more than hurt me... Um... Physically. I was confused as well as afraid I had hurt you."

She hugged her. "Maybe we're both overthinking that whole thing. I mean, there's a whole slew of ways of showing affection other than sex." She pulled away to look in her eyes. "Noel, maybe it really is too soon, and what we need is more just us time. No distractions like phone, DVDs and the like... But even then we may not have anything to talk about... We could just enjoy each other's company?"

Noel paused and thought about it.
"M-maybe, but, I umm. When I think about it. Even now I get anxious as I imagine anything umm, entering me. But the rest I liked, the kissing, umm, when I did that to you... Umm, most of the stuff you did to me. That was all amazing" She explained.
"But, if you want to just, lay together and cuddle more, I am happy to do that. But how will we know when we are actually ready?" She asked leaning on her lightly now.

Kara shook her head with a sigh and closed eyes. "Um? When we do something without even thinking about it? I guess? I use to think... You just know. But now, I mean, you thought you were... So... I'm kinda second guessing the whole 'you'll know' theory."

Downstairs, Stephanie stirred the jambalaya and took the large stirring spoon and poured it back in the pot from eye level, slightly splashing herself in the process. "Uh... Jeff? It smells done... But look.." she did the same thing. "See. Both the color and texture say it isn't, yet it all but matches the coloring in your photo."

Stephanie was smart on a lot of things, but failed photography presentation. Of course it wouldn't look the same. Most of those dishes were fake food made to look presentable.

Noel looked down and nodded.
"I feel like it's my fault this is so difficult for us, I mean did anything like this happen between you and Bonnie?"

Jeff shook his head.
"nevermind the looks, make sure it's cooked. Those images are faked."

Kara blushed. She looked shyly around her room. Although she didn't say it out loud, her body language and reaction all but screamed BINGO! You're NOT alone! She had to stand because... "Uh... Does it suddenly feel hot in here? Maybe I should crack the window?"

"Huh? Wait, does that mean it did happen with Bonnie?! please tell me because otherwise, I feel like it's my fault otherwise" Noel asked.

Kara kind of winced before her shoulders slumped. "Yeah. Guess there's such a thing as karma, cuz hooooo BOY did I do it to Bonnie and felt probably every bit as bad as you do."

Noel couldn't help but smile and stand, hugging Kara.
"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?! It's just another way in which we are the same" She smiled.

Stephanie had had Cajun food but never cooked it, and although she was a decent one, and helped Jeff, as it got closer to what would be near the dinner hour (and she'd have to call everyone to the table as the assistant) she was starting to really show her amateurness with a panicked, "Jeff! It smells done, but the shrimp STILL looks raw! Oh gosh, I hope I don't burn it... I was so looking forward to this! I don't think I know what I'm doing on this part, is it done or not?!"

Kara took to the hug. "More like similar beginnings with first steady girlfriend." Kara sighed, "All the more reason to probably go at a more steady pace." neither aware of the drama unfolding downstairs... That might just be Stephanie worried for nothing.

Jeff Jeff smiled and decided to look himself.
"Don't worry it's fine, the shrimp don't cook as much as the others anyway. We should be good to go" He explained turning the oven off but leaving the food in there to keep warm.

Noel nodded with her correction.
"Yeah, that is what I meant. And okay, I guess you would know best"

Stephanie sighed and apparently had a nickname for everyone in the household. "Ma and Pa Zorel! Supergirl! Firecracker! Cotton Candy! Come and get it!"

Candy would be the first one at the dining room table, giggling at the unassuming sugary sweet carnival fare Stephanie addressed her as. "Cotton Candy ready for nutrition that will make her melt, Nancy Drew!" She teased Jeff's assistant.

"Smells supreme." Pat commented more so at Jeff since it was his idea.

"No oysters, right?" Lenard teased, getting an elbow from Pat.

Kara held out her hand to Noel. "At least we're all good, now?" She asked, though any more would have to wait for after Noel talked to Stephanie after dinner about basketball stuff.

Back
Top Bottom