Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

After they pulled away, Rebecca spoke to Christine. "You and Robert were the arresting officers, detective, I hope you'll be at the hearing Tuesday." A nod. "Good... Looks like we're going to need to play nice with Mr and Mrs Overprotective, Much. And hopefully we can rein you three in some come Tuesday after the hearing."

"Dunno. I don't mind hanging with the Zorels so much. They're cool." Christine shrugged. "I know my job is guarding the star witness, but we all know those charges are Clayton's. Judge will be a yobbo if he/she doesn't. Got me knapsack if it becomes protective custody. No worries."

Rebecca shook her head. "Just make sure you're there at the hearing Tuesday, Chris. Seriously. I trust Robert about as much as I could pick him up with my pinkie."

"You'd never have liked my old partner then." Christine sighed, rolling her eyes. "Robert's far more dependable then Johnny Legend ever was."

Rebecca finally left as well.

Brinker smiled at Noel. "Send me a text on what you'd like. Even if it's breakfast. I'll bring it Friday for our 7am session."

Once they drove away and were completely out of sight Noel immediately hugged Kara.
"I am so sorry love!" She declared as she held her.

Jeff meanwhile let out a sigh of relief.
"That actually went amazingly well, I am genuinely surprised how smooth that was." He stated.

Noel looked to Brinker as she spoke to her.
"Oh right, I umm, I didn't do that for the breakfast, but umm. Thanks anyway, maybe a mocha cold drink, I forget its actual name" She admitted.

Christine knew next Friday was her turn again, unless Robert was clear of work. "Are you talking about that iced mocha from Macca's*, I could get it Allison, no worries. You have to drive farther just from your house. Provided that's the one ya mean, Noel." Christine looked at Noel with her head tilted, almost like a cat asking it's pet human a question.

*Macca's pronounced mac-kers, is McDonald's.

"Oh umm that was what I was thinking, but I am not nearly that picky. Any Coffee flavored ice drink would be just fine." She replied a little nervous, not wanting to cause any trouble.

"Hey. If you want their iced mocha, you get their iced mocha. She'll be right." Christine said.

Brinker sighed, "I appreciate it Chris." She then looked over to Jeff as Candy blinked at him, then blurted her question that just happened to the one Brinker was going to ask, only far more professional. Instead of Brinker's Care to elaborate?, he got "Wuzzat mean?! They obv don't approve of me, but how could the Zorels and the doc be anything but good for Noel?"

Kara shook her head towards Noel. "For what? You're only responsible for your own attitude and I saw nothing wrong with what you did."

Brinker just glanced at Kara, but stayed mostly focused on what Jeff's response was going to be. "I couldn't have said it better myself."

Jef shrugged.
"We know that but they are skeptical of everyone, especially around Noel, I wasn't sure even her sticking up for them would help, but she never did anything like that for steve so I guess they trust her judgment more than I thought they would," Jeff stated.

Noel smiled at Kara.
"For pulling away, for not telling my parents about us. I mean I was worried it would make you feel bad, and I do not want that" she replied.
"I am sorry, I underestimated how understanding you are. I am always more amazed at how awesome you are" She spoke quietly to her.

Candy just shook her head sadly. "No wonder Mr. Zorel told you to cut it short. I'm thinking even more now that we won't get better than the house we saw, and it's actually big enough and close enough that if Noel wants a breather from the Zorels... Or for parental visiting purposes, you understand... We get that rent to own house from Mr. Mondale just up the street. I mean we're right there on the road leading into the park and you DO want me exercising more. I don't think you got to mention the part about being my nutritionist."

Brinker rolled her eyes. "What Ms. Popovich is failing to grasp, is how you being Noel's brother and being that close, could set your folks farther at ease, too. Besides, you're not going to get a nicer landlord than Mondale, and a rent to own? Win-win, Jeff, win-win." She turned to Noel. "Normally, I wouldn't have shown that video, which is self incrimination of your old doctor, but some of what you told me about your parents made it more than imperative they knew. I didn't divulge anything we've talked about, only that I have spoken to you four times and the results of just counseling for your diagnosis was the best choice. Thank you for proving me right on that. They seemed genuinely shocked about your assertiveness, shocked in a good way."

Kara just gave Noel a smile and a soft shy "Thanks."

Pat seemed to be back to herself. "I think we should all go in, now, get out of the evening air, and let the detectives and Dr. Brinker head home."

(Good place to time skip to Monday morning?)

Jeff held his hands up.
“Alright, alright I get it if we are that certain I’ll put an offer in for the place down the street. Though gig wise it’s location could be better. And the interior could use a few more things, especially with all the people who will be moving in.” He pointed out getting his phone out.
“But as we wait for all the parts for this deal to turn I’ll keep browsing in case something else pops up”

Noel placed a hand on Kara’s cheek and smiled in response to thanks.
“Umm, Thanks right back” she whispered just as shyly.

Jeff nodded at the suggestion to go in as did Noel, though Noel moved her and kept Kara back subtly so they would be the last ones to enter. Just before they went in, as no one was looking, Noel gave Kara a kiss on the lips before smiling with a blush and holding her had as they entered the house.

Sunday was a quite day as most spent time with their other, Jeff was working on putting an offer on that house and Noel was spending all her time curled up with Kara. Since it was a day spent relaxing it was everything Noel wanted, just her Kara and some leisure activity, she felt more in love with her every moment she got to spend with her.

(Went longer then I thought, could skip to Monday now though)

Mondale sent Calla to iron things out and get the ball rolling since she was complaining so loud. She arrived at the Zorels in time for breakfast, which was cold cereal, toast and orange juice.

The time was 6:45, and to make sure Kara was ready to go (she was, but in a case of perpetual yawning, having a hard time eating her Raisin Bran), Stephanie, their ride, was there. The dining table was two chairs from maximum capacity, and Stephanie was drinking a hot tea.

Calla, talking to Jeff, said, "It's the neighborhood we're in here. Dad did say he's not going below a certain number, and let's face it, you won't find anything lower than $2,000 rent for one or two bedrooms. You get in some more of the shoddy areas of town you MIGHT get below 1250-1500. But you're basically paying rent for shit. The house is rent to own and you're paying $2000 for four bedrooms with like a fifth under construction, and two and a half baths. The house becomes yours in seventy straight months of rent payments. He'll also help on maintenance... Normal wear and tear maintenance after the renovations are finished... For as long as you're there."

The bass guitarist was quite the business lady, but then her dad was a real estate tycoon. She handed him the pen and paper. "I can take you to the office where you can talk to dad about any other concerns except what's already being done or in the works. Can you please text us all, you or Candy, when he says we can move in?"

That should have been self-evident. If they can put up with the noise of construction? Especially since it was in only certain parts of the house? Mondale would let them move in same day.

Noel had gotten up early and had thought about going out for a run, but decided to simply use the basement track. Jeff joined her though focused more on weight lifting. After done Noel took a shower first followed by Jeff.

Once at the table with everyone else, Noel and Jeff both had their breakfasts they had decided on when shopping.

Jeff nodded along with what the others were saying.
"Okay, Okay I get it, I already have an offer put in, there is not a whole lot left to be done for now. Also, the only issue I really had was the location, not exactly something worth discussing"

Noel looked to Kara as she had finished her food and whispered to her.
"So umm, I know I need to be in my session alone, but after that maybe we can talk a little?" She asked, speaking shyly.

Calla smirked. "Except for signing this if everything is agreeable on the lease." She said pointing to the paperwork in front of him. "The little bit you two talked about last night, plus regular tenant rules. How this is rent to own. Pretty standard stuff." She pushed the pen within reach, but would still allow Jeff time to read it over before signing.

Kara blinked at Noel. After another yawn, she said,"Sure. I guess. But your session isn't until Friday. I mean, Detectives Andersen, Brown and Canyon might check up on us from time to time throughout the week, but since two of them were just here last night, it's doubtful we'll even see any of them until Wednesday. However, I know they're just a phone call away."

Steph just looked at the two as she checked her watch and continued sipping her hot tea.

Jeff smirked back to her.
"Of course, I have been reading it as we eat, and plan to sign it as long as there is not anything crazy in there. I mean nothing that isn't already being processed. Such as this paperwork and the work on the other side of things." He replied.
"Though finishing breakfast comes first"

Noel blushed and nodded.
"Oh right, silly me. I had thought I had a session today for some reason. Then I want to talk after breakfast if that is okay still" She asked.

Calla gave a nod and sat back to watch as she drank her orange juice.

Stephanie looked at her watch. "You might need to do your talking in the backseat of the car, unfortunately. I'm kinda serious about leaving here right at seven. Weekday morning rush hour, lights, et cetera et cetera et cetera, y'know. It's at best twenty five minutes to Cascadia West from here." With her tea finished, she got up for a refill. They had ten minutes before the latest they would have to leave for school. "As long as you both have your excuses for the actual missed days, I'm gonna be happy."

Kara finished her cereal and orange juice, covering yet another yawn. "Mine's in my bookbag." Only because she put it in there the night before.

Jeff returned the nod, finished his food, put his dish away then signed the papers.
"There, all finished," He told Calla.

Noel seemed to do her best tomato impression as it seemed their conversation was being listened in on.
"Oh! umm, I guess it can wait, it was something I kind of wanted to talk about in private so.. umm yeah.." Noel replied nervously as she put her dishes away having finished her food. She then ran up to the room to her bags ready, as she had not prepped them before. Though she would still be up there by the time they were meant to leave.

"Will you be needing to see Dad about anything then? And are you following or riding with?" She was referring to seeing Mondale at his office, as she handed Jeff a copy for his records after making sure all papers were signed.

Stephanie looked up the stairs. "Never thought I'd have to call you, Firecracker! Come on! We need to go!"

Kara stayed next to Stephanie.

Jeff nodded.
"I will follow there are a couple of other things I am going to do after"

*Umm, yeah one second!" Noel had just calmed herself down from a panic attack after packing her things and took a few short breaths before picking up her bag. She stopped again for just a moment at the top of the stair to compose herself then walked down to meet the others.
"Sorry for the wait"

Calla nodded and would lead in her car, which was as red as her hair and showed him where to park near the building and how to have it validated. Mr. Mondale accepted the signed lease from his daughter before shooing her out the door on a errand and put out his hand for Jeff to shake again. "Before you apologize again, let me assure you I completely understood. I can be a bit overprotective of my own grown daughter. Sadly, she hasn't got a sibling to run interference, and glad you do." He waved to a seat. "Now, how may I assist my newest tenant?"

Screenshot_20210727-082058.png
Calla's car Jeff followed.

Stephanie was relieved to see her friend, but still pushed. "Got your sealed envelope with your excuse, Firecracker? Hate to see you out on a technicality."

Kara blushed, holding hers that Brinker gave Noel at the store. "Sorry. I had to rat because she asked and I showed her. We'll both be in trouble without Brinker's written excuses."

Stephanie rolled her eyes as she led the two to her car. "It's not ratting when you're covering your asses, Kara. I suppose you two want to sit together?" She opened the door to the backseat, and opened the driver door to get in. "Buckle up. There's lap belts back there. Use them. Please." Screenshot_20210727-081809.png
Stephanie's "Nancy Drew" car (77 Mustang)

Jeff followed behind shaking his hand when offered with a smile.
"Nice to meet you, and yes, here I have written down a few of the things that have been brought up, I can also send you these via email or text if you like" Jeff offered as he handed him a slip of paper with a list of what had been brought up.

CC21_JLJL72_2TB_PAU_APA_XXX_XXX_XXX.d7ec0b2943cd54bb9445e0b904e1134c.png

Noel nodded and turned her bag to be on her front before reaching into a pocket and pulling out an envelope as well.
"I have it here" She replied a little nervous, but not of Stephanie or her question.
"It's okay love, I don't mind Stephanie knowing, she was bound to figure it out anyway" Noel replied moving to Kara.
"Also Nice to see you, Stephanie"

Though Noel seemed a bit nervous inside she really started showing as they made their way to the car, Noel's eyes looking down the street in both directions, back and forth, like she was expecting something.

As she was asked if she wanted to sit with Kara she nodded.
"Yes please, thank you, I hope that is not rude" She replied, her voice a little shaky as she got into the car, looking out the front of it before out the back window again. Forgetting at first to buckle up until she was reminded.
"Oh right, of course" she clicked her seatbelt on after a moment, though once it was on, seemed to only get more nervous, as she started to take deep breaths.

Mondale took the paper and looked it over before chuckling. And finally laughing out loud. "I'm sorry, but this is too rich. On the bathroom fixture, you're referring to the one upstairs, right? If I knew how to do the work, I'd do it myself. I've told the contractor for two months now about that, but no... We gots to finish the add on bedroom first, donchuknow?" He shook his head. "Now a few of these others are doable. "I'll light a fire under the contractors to get the bedroom add-on downstairs finished and get to work on the other things. When would you like to be moved in? If you don't mind construction noise, you can actually start moving in today. The fifth bedroom will be finished early this week, the fixture in the upstairs bathroom by Friday the latest. It'll be "or else" for them. Rest of this can be done while you guys are moving in. Anything else?"

Kara looked worriedly at Noel, and touched her shoulder. "Hey, you okay? What are you so jumpy about? And you act like you forgot your friend and teammate."

Stephanie rolled her eyes. "Kara... I can be pretty forgettable." She looked at Noel with a slight smile and worried look. "Noel, I just spent the snow storm with you and the Zorels. My dad's a cop. We agreed to be besties. You can tell me anything, you know." She backed out of the driveway and they headed for Cascadia West High School, the home school for the rest of senior year for them.

Jeff took in a breath thinking as the man replied.
"Hmm, well I'll message them and let them know, some of them may want to me ASAP even given the issues. So for now, I guess I will be in touch, though it was nice to meet you in person unless there is anything else I can do for you?"

Noel took a breath and nodded reaching up to hold Kara's hand.
"I am sorry, it's not you, Stephanie, honest. I just, when I thought about leaving again, I thought about how that car accident was maybe targeting me, plus the straight jacket and everything... I just can't shake the feeling he is behind every corner waiting to attack, or that he might be watching me at any moment" She replied her voice still clearly nervous.

Mondale nodded. "Pleasure, Jeff. No, that's everything. That's a good idea, actually, for you the tenant to light a fire under their asses, too. Might I suggest going by the house instead of calling, though?" He picked up the phone after shaking Jeff's hand goodbye and could actually be heard chewing out the foreman with, "Stop with the excuses. You've had four months, man. The bedroom should have BEEN finished! You've needed to do only inside work for two weeks prior to last week's storm!"

"I was in my dad's car and it was a stupid ass on their cell phone who ran a red light. Dad's limping around but he's fine. Relax." Stephanie reassured Noel.

Kara continued to rub and pat Noel's back.

Jeff nodded in return.
"I might just take that advice, but we will see what time permits." Jeff heard but didn't listen in on him yelling at the foreman.

Noel leaned into Kara slightly as she was being comforted.

"R-really? you aren't just saying that to calm me down are you?" She asked seeming to calm down a little but still being nervous.

"Noel... I went ballistic cuz Dad passed out. The knucklehead hit driver's side. He took the brunt. My leg was twisted that it felt broken. I had to be sedated because I thought my basketball career was over before it began AND Dad had passed out. I was a regular basket case." Stephanie reassured Noel while watching traffic as she drove west towards the mountains.

"Oh, okay, well thanks for telling me, though sorry that happened. B-but that still does not explain the jacket, he left it at the Zorels, which means he was at the house. And since he didn't attack you, he might actually know what I look like now" She started to make herself nervous again as she spoke her mind.

SCREEEEEEEECCCHHHHH!!!!!!

Stephanie hit the brakes so hard that if Noel and Kara hadn't had their seatbelts on, they'd have been in the front seat.

Kara looked at Noel in wide eyed terror. "When was this?!" She gasped.

Stephanie's own heart was beating a mile a minute, and she also had a look of terror on her face. Taking a deep breath, she said with just a hint of anger. "Why didn't you mention this when it first happened, Firecracker? ESPECIALLY since you have three detectives on your rape case. Chris would have definitely started an investigation into that." As the horns started blaring because of her blocking traffic, Stephanie waved to the irate rush hour drivers as she pulled over to the side of the road. After parking the car, she turned around in her seat to face Noel. "By the look on Kara's face this is the first time you've even mentioned this. You can't keep stuff like this to yourself. I don't think even Brinker knew about this, otherwise she NEVER would have you start back to school." She turned back around. "I'm sorry, Firecracker. I'm calling Dad. Immediately. " She hit her blinkers. "I'm glad this is a two door. The windows stay up and the doors locked until help arrives. I'm asking that Chris be part of the officers that arrive. You want Brinker too, if she's available?"

Back
Top Bottom