Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Unfortunately, with her dress pocketless, Kara didn't have her phone on her. She shied back at the look and nodded with a gulp, putting her head down like a scolded puppy. She didn't want to bother Noel, who seemed to be in her own little world as she was well used to that, she'd only listen if Noel actually asked her something.

It was another hour and a half before the helper, who was Candy this week, called everyone to dinner.

Screenshot_20210714-002145.png

Screenshot_20210713-020946.png

Screenshot_20210714-001644.png

Once Jeff noticed she didn't get it he would walk over and give her the quick version.

As they all went to dinner Jeff would speak first as he took his seat.
"Well done ladies, it looks and smells wonderful. There are so many new and tasty-looking dishes here."

Noel would snape out of her previous state with that and look up and nod.
"yeah, it looks wonderful" She agreed, taking her seat after pulling out Kara's for her.

Kara nodded and pointed to the room upstairs with a half smile, thanking him. She'd read when she got upstairs. She knew about desserts, just never heard of, or when she spotted them on the counter, seen a bear paw.

Candy thanked Jeff before giving a blushing "I tried. I was just the student."

Pat caught Kara's curious look on the counter before thanking Noel for getting her chair. "Dinner first, Kara... Yes, I see your curiosity. Remember what that did to the cat. Everyone seated? Let's begin." She then cut a piece of the pork, as did Lenard and Kara, scooped a bit of cabbage, putting it on the fork with the bread dumpling, and began eating.

Noel nodded and sat beside Kara, as usual, taking meats and veggies and leaving anything with carbs.

jeff smiled.
"I am certain you are underselling your part in all of it. And I am certain Pat is a lovely teacher."
He took the similar plate to Noel but did take some of each thing just less of the high carb items.

"Noel, I know your exercise is limited right now, but we do have a small gym downstairs. If you want anything as far as exercise equipment not down there, don't hesitate to ask Lenard and myself. Didn't your doctor say you need more meat on your bones, and didn't Dr. Brinker say it was a good idea? Please. Take some bread dumplings to sop up your cabbage and pork juices." Pat was being a worried mom. "Don't worry about fat. You'll be burning calories before you know it in basketball. You start back Monday morning, yes? Just in a different school home?"

Lenard cleared his throat. "Candy and Jeff can utilize it as well." He glanced at Noel's brother, and the pop star who blushed again and thanked Lenard for the offer.

Noel blushed at Pat's statements and took a small portion of the bread dumplings.
"Is that enough?" She asked.

"Thanks, Lenard. eff and I were actually down there this morning before breakfast." She nodded.
"Yeah, the setup down there is great, well done" Jeff complimented.
"And Thanks I'll definitely take that offer."

Pat nodded with a smile and said, "Try a bear paw when I bring the plate over. Live a little."

She looked at her daughter. "You, on the other hand. Eat everything, and two max on the paws. You don't need to go nuts because it's the first time we've had them. And stop gawking at them. They aren't going anywhere."

Lenard snorted a chuckle at his wife chiding his daughter's antics, before nodding to both. "I figured you'd really check it out when it wasn't doubling as everyone's bedroom, too."

Noel nodded at Pat then looked at Kara as she was referred to, smiling at their interaction.

Jeff nodded to Lenard. "Yeah, that is one aspect that Noel and I were raised the same on. A strict exercise regiment, our father's gift of course." He pointed out.
"Though after we eat and I help clean up if requested I'll need to step out for a bit, need to make some quick stops in work on project relocation"

Kara blinked. "Wait. Jeff's helping me?" Not that she really cared. It just meant she was relegated to drying, because Jeff didn't know where everything went.

"You want to wash AND have to show him where everything goes?" Lenard asked logically. Candy couldn't help but titter at that.

Kara sighed with a head shake, and started paying more attention to her plate than everyone at the table.

Candy finally had to ask. "So Calla's dad DID finally get back to you with his available properties? I thought that was who it sounded like you were talking to just before we started cooking dinner. Why's he want to show you tonight, when neither of you can even go to the bank until Monday morning?"

If Candy thought about it, she would know that answer. Calla was being a pest and complaining about the band not having a place. Mr. Mondale just couldn't take his daughter's bellyaching on behalf of the band.

Jeff looked around. "Well if asked to I certainly will, but I could also simply just head out if I am not needed. And Well, yes but there are a lot of moving pieces, and they feel meeting in person is best," he explained, not wanting to get into the details in front of everyone.

"I can help Kara with the Dishes" Noel spoke up.

Pat nodded. "Great idea, Noel. That way, Jeff can make any appointments he made with Mr. Mondale."

Candy blinked again. "They?" She held up a hand. "You know I'm going to be more likely behind you, but make sure we're buying the place, or renting to own. Last thing we need is a landlord that we have to run to the Mondales to get anything done. I've been down that road where I have to go over peoples' heads to the main owner. Not fun." She sighed. "Or all business is through him as landlord with no middle management. Including rent. And the neighbors are okay with a band practicing, especially during the day." Candy really sounded like she was speaking from experience. Bad experience.

(If you want to RP that as the dishes are being done, since Calla pestered her dad, both will be showing the places. I can handle both as long as Candy plays left at home)

"Okay, Candy comes with, at the very least it can give you some ease of mind and make sure that past mistakes are not repeated." Jeff nodded.

Once dinner was done as planned, Jeff left with Candy, with a warning that he will likely put his phone on silent for the meetings and check it once done if they need anything he can pick it up on the way back.

Noel and Kara did the dishes, Noel enjoying the moment since she was able to do it with Kara, and they had already built up a working system and were done shortly. A short time after they went upstairs there was a knock on the door.

While Mr. Mondale (which it was learned first name was Gregory, Greg for short) talked to Jeff about the four bedroom, two and a half bath house, which conveniently close to the Zorels condo, and right on the park's property (almost), Calla gave Candy the tour.

Greg assured Jeff that everything with this property would be through him, and was already aware of the stove needing replaced. He could have it done on Monday morning. Greg would be who to call to have any maintenance done as he had reliable workers. "This house needs the least work. Stove replacement notwithstanding. I can't draw up the papers until Monday about ten or so, as the stove is supposed to be delivered around eight or eight-thirty. This is one of a few rent to owns... Or do you want to see a different nearby property? The fourplex is about a mile and a half that way," he pointed the direction, "and is the other I promised you could see. It needs a little more maintenance than this, but I couldn't deal with Calla bellyaching that you guys need a place and the band should be together."

Candy came back outside and noticed. "Jeff, look. Isn't that a strange car parked in front of the Zorels? Looks like someone or sometwo are at the door." She caught some of what Greg was saying. "This place is pretty roomy. I'm pretty sure everyone would approve. It should be voted on, though." She still seemed interested on what was just down the street.

Back at the Zorels, Pat looked at the door and pulled her pipe from her mouth as she set her recliner up and put her paper to the side. Lenard was in his study, and the girls sent upstairs after the dishes were finished. "Who is it?" She asked as she knew full well Jeff and Candy were probably still with Mr. Mondale at the first address, not knowing they were only five houses away at the corner where the entrance to the park was. She called for Lenard at the same time.

Jeff nodded and was about to agree to see the other places, despite her rush, they would want to get the best possible house for the team so he might as well see the others.
"Hmm? Oh yeah, looks like it, maybe it's a family friend or something, I can't really make out the ones at the door, your eyes must be better than mine." Jeff replied.

At the Zorel's Pat would hear a feminine voice reply to them.
"My name is Nina, is this the Zorel home? Did I say that right?"

Lenard came around the side of the steps leading upstairs. "Nina?" He asked his wife puzzled. "I don't know any Nina."

Pat shook her head. "And the Nina I knew was thirty years ago in Australia." She shrugged, but at Lenard's nod answered, "Yes, it is," She opened the door, cautiously.

Meanwhile, Candy wrinkled her nose. "So four separate apartments." She shook her head. "Where would we practice? What about laundry?"

"The basement is pretty big, and there's a coin operated washer and dryer down there. Now granted that's rent only, but you would have the whole building..."

Candy must have had problems with coin operated laundry facilities or basements. Or both. "Yeah. No. Hard pass on that. If we're going to have to pay for the laundry facilities AND rent, electric and everything else... At least with this, we could have the washer and dryer be normal ones. I don't mind basements... But practice in one? The way those things echo? The acoustics alone would be murder."

As they opened the door they would see a red-haired woman with green eyes standing at about 5'10 and behind her a goliath of a man. Standing at what looked like nearly 7ft tall and covered in muscle. Dark hair in a military-style cut.
"Hey, we are Noella's parents, is her here?" She asked her voice was soft and gentle as she spoke, the man behind her with his arms crossed like he was waiting.

Jeff meanwhile shrugged and looked at the man.
"Sounds like a no, What about the other places we talked about?"

Lenard sent a text message to both Candy and Jeff. Cut it short! Jeff, your parents are here! Call Detective Andersen, Doc Brinker and Rebecca Knight on your way back! He then raced upstairs just out of the parents line of vision, noticing Kara's door open, came in and shut it quickly behind him. "We have serious issues. Seriously serious. And no backup. Kara, text Stephen. Not your friend Stephanie.. Her dad. Now. Find out if Canyon or Andersen are anywhere near here. Stay in here and stay quiet. Put the text on vibrate."

Candy had luckily forgotten to turn hers off, and she gasped loudly and got a wide eyed look. "Jeff... Jeff... Canada 9-1-1. Stat." It was the planned code for his parents arrival. She even placed her phone in his hand. "Imma head there now try to run interference." She started running for the house, two minutes away at her top speed.

Meanwhile, Pat sighed as Lenard reached the top of the steps and nodded as he descended, Pat shrugged and allowed them entry. "Would have liked to have known you were coming. We just finished dinner not half hour ago."

Back at the house, Mondale and Calla both looked confused at Jeff. "Is there anything I can do?" They both asked in unison.

Jeff didn't see the text and looked at Candy with a raised eyebrow.
"Oh now? Oh that car, they must have rented or got a new one since I was there last" He nodded.
"Sorry, we must go, another time an emergency has popped up. And Thanks but not really." Jeff stated before taking off with Candy.

At the house, the two walked in.
"Thank you, and yes we would have called but Jeff refused to give us the number. He tied our hands all we want to do is see our Noella, as a mother you must understand." She said to pat as Noel's father closed the door behind them, needing to duck under the door frame as he walked in.

"We're funny about who gets it." Lenard answered calmly with a raised eyebrow. "I'm sure you can understand that. I'm sure you could have contacted him, and he'd have let us known."

One lie caught. Pat did nod about understanding and asked they come to the kitchen. "I'm afraid I was so unprepared all we have is bottled water, tea and soda chilled."

"Tap water takes a while to run cold, but you've probably learned that at the hotel." Lenard spoke from experience that the hotels' waters were drinkable, but hardly cold right out of the tap. He knew his water was that way at the house.

Just as the Sterlings were seated, Candy reached the door and held up a hand to Jeff to let her catch her breath. "We're an item... }Pant, pant{ to your folks... Here }gasp{ to see if Kara }wheeze{ changed her mind about being a Lollipop. Woof. I'm out of shape." She nodded after composing herself and finally allowing Jeff to ring the doorbell... Which would show his parents didn't even look to see if there was one.

Noel got nervous at Lenard's command of Kara. Placing a hand over her own chest as she clung to Kara.
"What do you think is happening?" She asked worriedly.

Nina nodded as Pat mentioned the number to them.
"We did tell Jeff we were going to come, but he simply told us not to, nut, of course, we had to come to see our daughter after all this time."

Jeff stopped at the door.
"Okay catch your breath first, and slow down, is that what you want our reason for being here to be?" He asked to make sure they were on the same page.

Candy sighed. "Okay. The item thing might be a stretch, so we'll stick with the truth. You're my band/tour manager and my personal nutritionist. My Doc did kinda order that, y'know. I'm sweet on my manager. We are guests right now because of the storm. And I am still interested in getting Kara on board. But it's still polite since we don't have a key (the Zorels hadn't made copies yet) to ring the bell."

Pat, being a mom did understand. Lenard opened the fridge and got out three bottles of water. "But Noel had her own place before the issues with her other doctor for almost a year. Why didn't you visit her then? And if it had been Kara in a hospital in a far away city, I'd be nagging my boss for time off to come be at her side... Assuming that..." She took a deep breath. She badly wanted to call Noel's old doctor a quack. If Nina was any kind of mom, she'd see Pat's mom like expression at what she really thought of him. "so-called man would have told you. You know he hardly spent any time checking up on her?" Pat was on a mom kick. "Seemed to be awful eager to rid himself of her case, too, and all those accusations and innuendos. If he pulled any of that crap with you guys, you should really look into sueing the pants off him for dereliction, libel and negligence." Sounded like Pat did want to, and was being really protective of Noel's best interest. Something Nina should appreciate.

Lenard took a deep breath. "You'll have to forgive Pat. She sees a wrong she needs to right it. Could be an Australian thing. Ouch, dear, that was my shin."

Kara sent a message down to her parents and added Jeff, hoping he had his phone back on. Cap said to stall. Detectives Andersen and Brown and Doc Brinker will be there in two shakes. Whatever that means. Canyon is up to his neck in paperwork and can't get away. Okay. Lesson learned. I won't procrastinate on my homework anymore. Promise.

Lenard smirked at the text allowing Pat a chance to see before putting it quickly away.

Kara sighed and looked at Noel. "Dad wants your police detectives here and your therapist. It can't be good. But what? Got me." She had an inkling, but speculation could hardly be proof of anything like Noel's parents being there.

She seemed to grow a little cross at that response.
"You don't think we would have if we could? We had no idea where she has been since she was released. This has been the first time we knew and we came right here. Only slowed by the storm that hit this place, since this area can't seem to handle that kind of snowfall." She argued backhands on her hips.
"now please stop changing the subject and show me, my daughter!" She demanded standing up.
Her husband still sitting beside her seeming to keep an eye on the others.

Noel meanwhile was trying to figure things out.
"Maybe we can take a little peek, I think I can hear some voices down there" She moved closer to the door.

Jeff nodded at Candy.
"Okay truth it is." He said before ringing the doorbell.

Lenard went to the door and to make the Sterlings think this was just the Zorels being the Zorels asked "Who is it?" When the answer came, Lenard opened the door with a sigh of relief. "One more to go. Hello Jeff, Candy. How'd your house hunting go?" Low enough only Jeff could hear, "Sorry I had to cut it short. Hope Mondale wasn't too upset. Follow my lead." Out loud again, "Just your sister, now."

Pat facepalmed. "Thanks, Lenard..." To the parents, a bit frustrated, "Now you see why I was trying to get you relaxed and let me be a gracious hostess. I'm ready to knock him to Ayers Rock for that. Was hoping you'd visit." She meant conversation. "At least Jeff is here."

Upstairs, Kara worriedly looked at Noel. "We wait until the detectives and your therapist get here. I'm sending a text to Doc Brinker. Most likely one of the detectives is driving." She typed out a message for Brinker who replied back quickly. "She says maybe three minutes. They just turned onto our street. Hang loose."

Jeff walked in and looked over.
"Oh good, you finally made it," Jeff said trying to play along with whatever the Zorels had in mind.

"Jeff! what are you doing here? what is happening? you told us not to come, what do you mean we are finally here?" Mr. Sterling finally spoke up, his voice was deep and naturally booming.
"Jeff honey, what is happening here? How did you get here so fast, who is that?" she said looking at Candy.

"Well, this is not my brainchild so I don't think I should reveal any more than Lenard here accidentally already did, though I am sure soon it will all become clear," Jeff replied looking toward Pat with a nod.

While upstairs Noel let out a quiet gasp.
"Th-that's my dad's voice, why is my dad here? what is happening, oh god, he can't see me like this. He can't know about us" She said turning to Kara holding her own head in her hands.

Kara gasped. "Here. Quick. Put this sweat suit on and get out of your dress. We've got minutes. While you do that, I need to text Doc Brinker again. It sounded like my dad said something about you being out jogging. Crap, crap, crappity crap crap!" Her fingers flew over the phone's keyboard with one hand as she slipped out of her own dress, wiggling and squirming like a fish on a hook. She had a second sweat suit that looked a little bit like an X-Men uniform that Kitty Pryde wore when she first joined them. "No wise cracks. You ready? Detective Andersen will meet us downstairs. But not the way you think. We can't use the front steps and door to leave. The exit I'm about to show you is for emergencies only... And hoo BOY does this count as an emergency."

Candy looked aghast at Nina, she put her hands on her puffed out do with her hair dyed cotton candy pink and blue. The correct shades on each side. "Jeez. You said you didn't follow music that close, but even YOU recognized me, Jeff... And I hadn't redyed my hair for stage yet. Of course having laryngitis didn't help... " She then gave a coy crush on manager smile, "Introduce me, aaand what you do for me?"

At that moment, Tabby gave a feline hiss at Jeff's (and Noel's) parents, something she didn't do with Noel or Jeff, and streaked into the garage. No one would find her until after the parents left.

"Huh. Tabby's never done that before..." Lenard said surprised. Even Pat looked at the fast flipping garage pet door with a blank expression. "Yeah. She warmed up to Jeff, even if it took a couple of days."

Back
Top Bottom