Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel blushed at her blunder.
"Heh, right, that makes sense" She nodded and started to change.
"I umm, I was just going to wear my uniform over my umm, other uniform." She admitted.

Kara blinked. "Uh? Uniform? What uniform? Our school's dress code is everyday modest attire. Heck, we could wear these if we wanted."

That's what she thought. Stephanie had already texted Noel with a timestamp that said "6:00a" indicating that Cascadia West was having their school wear Cascadia West school uniforms, but their own school colors on their sports uniforms. More details in the orientation meeting first thing Monday. Even though it was sent to both Noel and Kara, the group text hadn't appeared on Kara's phone, she even double checked as she asked Noel. Kara's name would appear on Noel's, along with numbers of Stephanie's other friends, but it never came in Kara's messages. Noel had finally learned something Kara hadn't, due to some hiccup Kara's phone had.

Noel looked confused for a moment and pulled her phone out to double-check herself, doubting what she had remembered.
"But look, Steph sent this message," She said showing her the message Kara had missed.
"It looks like you are in the group, so you should have gotten it" She stated seeming confused.

Kara couldn't believe her eyes, but shook her head and showed her phone. The last thing Kara got was from Laura Petrie asking if she was still coming to the comic book store the next week for the weekly meeting. Kara had replied to it that she didn't know, reminding Laura about the storm that just ended, plus Noel's first game was scheduled, but with damage to the school and going to Cascadia West... Even Halloween looked up in the air, currently. The meeting was Friday. "Even if your game is cancelled, we would have still had guests and an uncertain schedule." Kara said, planning to nip the fault finding in the bud. She was NOT going to let Noel blame herself. The weather screwed everything up, anyway. "Can I?" She asked so she could fully read the impromptu meeting just before Kara even went in the shower. If Noel would remember, was just a few minutes after she got Stephanie's group text, and Noel went downstairs.

There were no other texts above Laura's on Kara's phone. The text never arrived. If she asked, Noel would learn this wasn't the first time a group text never showed up.

Noel was surprised that the message never popped up, this would be the first time she had seen them not work when the person had power and a signal. Noel happily let Kara get caught up on the missed messages.
"We should find a way to fix your phone, has this happened before? do you know what the issue is?" She asked.

"It bounces group texts and attachment texts when memory is all but full..." She went into her settings and shook her head. "Eighty percent. Plenty of space. Well, I have had this phone as long as I've had Tabby... And that'll be eight years soon. Guess it really IS time for a new phone. Dad plans to take us shopping once he has a break, and things calm down enough around here. That might be next weekend. Or after school this week, except Wednesday. Mom's gonna need the van so she can have room for the cooler for the fish." Never mind that's Candy's meet and greet at the CD shop. "I noticed Stephanie reminded everyone about being up and ready to go by seven. Including having had breakfast. No more sleeping til six on a school morning for me. I should let her know I just got her text via looking on your phone."

She quickly sent the text on her phone and a few minutes later: ... Kara. My advice to you is get a more up-to-date phone. Pronto. No wonder you never replied. That's twice now you've missed a group text. The Wainwright Express pulls out of your station at EXACTLY seven a.m. weekdays for Cascadia West High. Starting Monday. Obviously "Nancy Drew" was NOT a happy camper on the other side of the phone.

"Guess I got told, huh?" Kara was trying to make light of the situation. "If you're ready? Let's show off the Zorel family traditional clothing." (Pictures should be on here somewhere near the beginning of the RP)

Noel nodded and listened looking at Kara's phone as she was shown it, giving a little smile when Kara made the mention of her getting told.
"Oh umm, yeah, can you just check quickly if I have it all on properly?" She asked standing with room around her for a check.
"I know it's not too complicated, but I just want to be sure."

Kara pulled on the shoulder a little bit, and made sure the zipper was fully up. "Make sure I have my zipper fully up, and then let's meet up with my dad. I'll teach you some of our dance moves after our... Erm... Fashion show, I guess."

(Send them downstairs and have Jeff comment first)

Noel nodded and checked her zipper before giving her a nod.
"Looks like we are all set." She said a little nervous, she was not a fan of being the center of attention.

As they moved to head down, Noel gave Kara a quick kiss before they headed down the stairs and into everyone's view.

"Oh, I never thought I would see the day, Noel Sterling wearing a dress. She absolutely refused to wear them back home, it was like the one thing she made a fuss about to our parents. Well, you both look lovely, very, traditional-looking" Jeff commented.

"shut it jeff.." Noel mumbled, hardly audible, Kara may have heard but the others would not be able to understand.

Pat and Candy peered out from the kitchen doorway (it's open from dining area into kitchen), and Candy caught sight of both. "Hmm. Kara's more a skirt person. I haven't seen you in an actual DRESS in a long while. You really should wear them more often. And really, Jeff. Maybe that's why. It's cute on you, Noel." She disappeared back in the kitchen as Pat returned, drying her hands. Noel would remember this from one Saturday she helped. "I need to get in my traditional clothing as well. Candy, take care of things in here for about 20 minutes." About that time Lenard came in his traditional clothing with his traditional instrument. Pat hurried upstairs.

After that Noel took Kara's hand and tried to get seats so they could sit beside each other.
"So umm, what should we do while they finish up?" Noel asked Kara.

Kara looked over to her dad who shook his head. She shrugged at Noel. "Sit until we're sure Mom's going right back to the kitchen, or if she's going to help you learn to dance." She looked again at Lenard who gave a simple nod. She led Noel to the couch to sit. She looked upstairs and then said, "You might catch on quick, don't do what I do, watch what Mom does more."

Lenard closed his eyes and shook his head. "Let me play what you'll be dancing to. Kara... So help me, you try to sing..."

Kara blushed, suddenly finding Noel more interesting than her surroundings.

As her dad played, she couldn't help but start tapping the rhythm.

(Ooc: for the video, go to YouTube and search "Vychodna Slovak Dancers - Parchovianske karicky. However, there's only going to be three dancers, and a small living room, and not 14, but you'll get the general idea)

Noel looked at Kara and nodded, though it would be hard for her to take her eyes from Kara, she would listen and watch pat to learn the steps. Noel being very familiar with following rhythmic steps and patterns like dancing with her martial arts picked up quickly and soon was nearly on pace with the music, not missing a beat.

Pat came down in her traditional dress and Lenard started over, after asking his wife to please not sing either. Pat patiently showed the footwork, before having Kara join for a few steps. Within a minute the two female square was summoning Noel with nods to make a triangle.

By the end of the dance, Candy had been there keeping one eye on the soup being made, and the three dancers. She clapped with a huge smile. "That's one of your traditional dances, Mr. Z? Wow, Pat, Kara... Stupendous! Noel, looks like you caught on quick, good job, you, too!" She disappeared back into the kitchen to stir the soup.

Pat curtsied and returned to the kitchen to continue preparing the entreé, leaving Kara and Noel to do any more dancing to Lenard's playing.

Lenard would play some traditional songs before doing any more dance music, just so Noel wouldn't feel obligated. Kara, however would do some more dancing, keeping the skirt pulled up enough with a hand holding it, Noel could watch her feet, as some songs would include full twirling (which would reveal the shorts Kara had underneath).

Noel would blush at the compliment and thank Candy as she said it. Once Pat left Noel would sit and take out her notebook, writing as she watched Kara's footwork. Writing down the different steps in order and their timings in shorthand, using different names for each type of step. She was so focused on this that she didn't even seem to notice the shorts Kara had been wearing as her mind was tunneled into foot arm, head, and hip movements. Making notes to ask about what she presumed some weight displacement took during a few of the movements.

(what did Jeff think, including the way the skirt flared in the other dances?)

Lenard stopped to let Kara sit and rest for a minute, and also let her field any questions from Noel. "First time you've had a chance to see traditional dances from other peoples?" Lenard asked Jeff. "Have you seen the indigenous people of Canada perform any of their tribal dances?" He hadn't seen Canadian Indians, but had Hopi and some plains tribes, and was curious what Jeff thought. Dinner would just start wafting their way from the kitchen as the time drew closer to the time they would eat.

Noel smiled and wrapped her arms around Kara as she sat.
"That was fun, you are really good, umm can you look at my notes to see if I have it all down properly?" she asked holding her notebook out.

Jeff shook his head.
"No, honestly we have not been too absorbed in the indigenous history of Canada. Our family was a more of a keep looking forward kind of mentality, knowing enough about history to learn from it, but not celebrating it in ways like this" He explained.

Kara shrugged and looked over them, and shook her head. "I never thought much of how the steps are once I learned them... I'd make a lousy dance instructor to be certain. It looks right. After dinner, and I was the dishes, maybe I can find the old instructional video I used. It's in both Slovak and English, Slovak first."

Lenard chuckled. "Son, these dances are still performed today as a celebration of who we are and our culture. We have festivals celebrating dance that you can find all over YouTube... If you know where to look. Mmm, speaking of culture... This evening we seem to be having, if I'm not mistaken, vepro knedlo zelo*. The soup hasn't cooked long enough but it's probably the traditional cabbage soup. Kapustnica."

*-Pork with dumplings and cabbage

"Oh yeah, maybe we can watch it tonight together... B-But we don't need to if there was, uhh, other stuff you wanted to do" Noel whispered, not wanting to interrupt any plans Kara might have. Blushing at her own implications.

Jeff chuckled back.
"Oh! yes, I am aware, I am simply saying the use and practice of them are tied with the past either celebrating it, recreating it, or simply continuing and respecting it. And are not often thought of when people refer to advancing into the future like tech and the like. Though I supposed martial arts aren't all that different in a way, being modernized in their own way."

"That is a good nose you got there if that is purely by smell, and are right of course"

Kara looked over at her. "What else would I have planned?" She asked totally missing the implications.

Candy came in as Pat told her to mention dinner in English once she heard Lenard's guess. The pop star thought she was being cute by singing it to Lenard's piping. "Tonight we're having cabbage soup, and for the entreé it's pork and dumplings and cabbage. The dumplings a type of bread. Save room for dessert as we're having bear paws. That is all."

Lenard looked over to her with a raised eyebrow and a half smirk, but continued his playing. After all, he was the traditional music on Saturdays.

Noel froze when Kara didn't seem to get her inference.
"Oh, I umm I mean, I don't know. In case there was something else you felt like doing, like whatever." She half mumbled slightly franticly, then looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers.

Jeff meanwhile was just enjoying the moment, listening to the music and relaxing.

At that moment, Kara got it. She quietly whispered only for Noel, "Not tonight, dear, not feeling frisky." At least it was the truth, and not the tired clichéd excuse.

Noel blushed heavily as Kara whispered to her. “Yeah okay love, but if there is other not that stuff that you want to do. Umm like uhh…” Noel paused for a moment rubbing the back of her head as she thought.
“I don’t know.. watch a specific movie or something, let me know, Kay?” She offered trying to recover from her stumble. Her less then prestige social ability showing.

Kara nodded, but let her foot still on the floor (she had crossed her legs) tap to her dad's music. She'd never admit it beyond the four walls of the house, but she actually wished her dad would play his instrument other times besides Saturday. She had her arm lazily around Noel's shoulders. Now that it'd been almost two hours since dinner was started, the kapustnica could finally start being smelled along with the entreé. It finally dawned on her about something else. "Dad? Bear paws?"

"Oh. Right. First time we're having them. Jeff? Will you bing or Google Slovak desserts, and educate Kara? I'm supposed to be the music until dinner." He gave his daughter the look that all but screamed she knew better during music time, unfortunately, Noel would see it as well, but hopefully understood it wasn't aimed at her.

Jeff gave a thumbs up and took his phone out to start searching.

Noel was enjoying her time with Kara just relaxing on the couch. Though her mind had wandered back to her comment about doing things with Kara, for some reason she couldn’t get it out of her head. She did notice Lenards look but was too distracted and in her own head to decipher it’s meaning.

Jeff sent Kara a link to Slovakian desserts to start with.

Along with a message:
A place to start while I also educate myself ;)

meanwhile as Noel kept an arm wrapped around Kara, as well as leaning her head on her lightly she gently mumbled to herself something inaudible unless Kara really tried to make it out.

Back
Top Bottom