Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Jeff smirked at the nicknames and made sure the table was all set and ready.
"Heh, yeah no worries it's oyster free" Jeff chuckled.

Noel nodded and released her once she heard their "names" being called.
"Guess it's time to eat."

As everyone got seated, with Pat now on the other side of the table, she started the conversation as Jeff and Steph (just realized... The cooks' names rhymed!) served the plates, before seating themselves. "Alright Lenard. Why all the oyster hate alla sudden? You don't mind them breaded and deep fried."

"They're not slimy buggers when they're deep fried. They wouldn't have been deep fried. That's the ONLY way I'll eat em, Patricia... You know that."

"After almost 20 years... I better." Pat snorted. "Okay, then. I thought you were just trying to be difficult. You do that sometimes."

"Guilty as charged, officer!" He smirked. Pat just smirked back. They still had to wait until Jeff gave the okay to start.

Once everyone had their drink and food Jeff looked around at everyone waiting.
"Well don't wait on me, dig in" He declared.

Noel looked at the others, seeing if someone wanted to do a before-meal pray or something.

Stephanie was watching every one, but once the Zorels started. Closed her eyes, was silent for about ten seconds and then started herself. This was something she had been doing all last week while here during the storm. Once she started she looked over to Noel. "Is there a problem with it, Firecracker?"

Stephanie smiled. "It's not my place to say. If this was the Wainwright residence, we would have. That is why you have seen me say a silent grace before every meal. This is the Zorel residence. We start once everyone is seated and the cook gives permission. That's why we had to wait on your brother. You've been here a month and never asked?" She sounded surprised.

Pat looked over. "A lot has been going on for the last month, Stephanie. There's already culture shock." To Noel she said, "It's up to you if you want to say a silent grace, Noel, or if you and Steph want to say a quiet one before you even sit down. Our only meal rule is, don't start until the cook has sat and says it's okay."

"R-right, s-sorry, I am okay, And yeah I never really thought about it before now, so didn't really notice," Noel admitted before she started to eat.
"Oh yummy, so many flavours" She smiled, trying to change the topic as she was embarrassed to not have noticed till now.

Everyone seemed to either hum or nod in agreement with Noel. Pat asked, "Candy has already said she's doing the dishes since she's cooking tomorrow. Who's helping her?"

Lenard chimed in with, "That's not named Jeffrey or Stephanie. They're excluded. They cooked."

Kara raised her hand. "Noel and Steph have to do b-ball stuff, so I won't have anything better to do. I'll help."

Stephanie blinked askance at Noel. "We do? Umm... He asked for help from his assistant who wants to bounce ideas, didn't he? I know you had to take a call from him, but didn't hear what it was about since I came in here to help Jeff."

No wonder Steph's nickname was Nancy Drew.

Noel nodded and gave a tap to her nose to Steph.
"Heh, that's right Nancy Drew, I meant to tell you before, but got distracted with- uhh other things" Noel didn't exactly want to go into her previous conversation with Kara in front of everyone so decided to keep the details to herself.

Jeff looked to Candy.
"So have you picked who all you need to help you in the kitchen tomarrow?"

For a Canadian dinner that's breakfast? I probably only need one like you today, Jeff. Why? You don't want double duty do you?"

Stephanie nodded and continued eating.

Pat nodded. "That's actually not a bad idea. Who'd like to help Candy tomorrow, and Kara Thursday? After all, I might be, by default, Noel's Wednesday. I do have to pick up her salmon, Kara's cod and tilapia for Thursday, and some other fish and seafood for scattered dinners throughout the month, at Pike Place that day."

Jeff spoke up first.
"If no one else is up for it then I don't mind lending a hand."

Noel spoke Next.
"I wouldn't mind helping Kara on Thursday"

Lenard shook his head. He didn't want to help the pop star cook a Canadian breakfast for dinner.

"Settled. Jeff helps Candy tomorrow, I'm most likely helping Noel Wednesday, and Noel's helping Kara Thursday. Since we're kind of dessertless tonight, we can all choose what we want of the Klondike bars and Welch's popsicles; mine, Lenard's and Candy's Reese's are marked to ask permission if you want one. That's more for Stephanie's benefit, since she might not know what the names on them meant.

"Kara's Welch's are." Stephanie mentioned.

"That's because no one seemed interested in the tropical ones. I took one, waited a day, saw it still had 26 in it. So, I figured no one wanted them but me. The other Welch's frozen pops had like three gone." Kara shrugged.

Pat nodded. "And the guilty party who took two sweets got told already, when she raided again and took one of her Klondikes the same day. That being her second sweet.

Candy gave a nervous laugh as she blushed.

"The Welch's Tropical is the one I want." Stephanie said, "Can I get one after dinner?"

Kara nodded with a smile, but glanced to Noel, wondering if she wanted one as well.

Kara nodded again. "Sorry I decided to put my name on them, but I didn't even open them when we got them on grocery day, I opened the box myself the next afternoon, and yesterday... Well..." A shrug.

Pat nodded. "She did wait two full days. We didn't have THAT many choices on the sweets."

As dinner was finishing, Candy and Kara would have to wait until after dishes were finished to get their dessert pops, but Stephanie and Noel would be free to get theirs from the box marked as KARA, since they had permission.

Meanwhile, the other redhead, who would be an even closer match in height to Noel's 5-4, and build (she needed a B cup although her breasts weren't much fuller than Noel) walked up the sidewalk to the front door of the Zorels like she belonged there. Calla Mondale had paperwork Jeff needed to begin moving in to the house five away on the corner leading into the park.

If Steve had escaped the dragnet, there was an unwitting victim with the right height and build going to the right house.

Noel would take the sweet she was given permission for then when hearing the person at the door would move to answer it.
"Comming!" She called out, seeming not to be thinking about the current threat.

"Wait a minute." Lenard said sternly to Noel. "Who is it?" He called to the door.

"Calla. To see Jeff. About the house." Came Calla's voice.

Lenard nodded. "Let Jeff get it, though. We can't be too careful with you know who roaming the streets." He then called Jeff. "It's for you, son. Calla, the base guitarist. Probably with the rest of your paperwork for the house up the street. Since her dad's your landlord."

Noel froze in place as Lendard spoke up, bringing her hand over her chest nervously. She backed up and returned to what she was doing.

Jeff answered the door, inviting Calla in and looking around outside for a moment before shrugging and closing the door.
"This way to my office" He joked as he gestured toward a table they could use to go over everything.

"Sorry, Noel. The attack on you. This ex escaping. The attacks on Stephanie. I'm afraid we have to ask who's at the door from now on... Even if we see it's one of our friends, the detectives, your counselor... It's to keep everyone in the house safe. Okay?"

Calla overheard as she followed Jeff to the table. "Look. If you'd rather be here to protect your sister instead of five houses away, I completely understand. And Dad will, too... You'd just... Y'know... Have to pay the rent still, since that's taken care of. Lease already signed and all." She looked over worriedly, absentmindedly playing with the paperwork in her hands.

Noel nodded and sat close to Kara, of course, she understood but was still a little shaken by it.
"Sorry, Guess I am just a little jumpy is all, I wasn't thinking."

"Well here is hoping by the time we are all moved in there or ready to this business will all be taken care of. Otherwise, I am sure that she is safe in the Zorel's hands. Plus being able to see the front of the house could have advantages as well to helping keep the house safe." He explained pulling a seat out for her.
"Though you are pretty close image of the people targeted, I might want to accompany you back," he added.

Lenard patted Noel's shoulder reassuringly. "I don't want my dessert after all. That jambalaya was pretty filling." He headed for the freezer section of the fridge, which was a side by side refrigerator/freezer combo. "However, if you and Steph want yours..."

"Jump now girls, while he's in there getting my Heath Klondike for me!" Pat teased, reclining in her chair.

Calla looked over to Jeff. "Oh. Umm. If you want to walk me to my car. I'm parked right in front of this house..." She stopped. "Oh. Right. Dad dropped me off and will be back here in a little over an hour to pick me up. He's in my car though, instead of the limo. Okay..." She took a deep breath, and stopped playing with the paperwork. She put the first one in front of Jeff. "This is the signed work order, you see my dad's here, and these are the workers'. First is the foreman. It's about the fixture and a few other things that need done in the upstairs bathroom. What you pointed out to dad is highlighted, to indicate what you saw that needed done. They did finish the spare bedroom on the first floor. That add on. Dad would like you to be with him when he inspects it Friday afternoon. Oh. Here's that request, signing it means you know you can. If you're not sure, you fill out this and sign there after your comments." She pointed. "That's the only thing I'll need back."

Stephanie sat at the little table in the kitchen, where Kara was helping Candy. "So, what was the coach wanting you to look over? Is it for Friday's game?"

"Yes please," Noel spoke up as Pat suggested it.

Jeff nodded to Calla.
"Right, then when the time comes I'll walk you to the car with him, and then it should be fine." He nodded looking over the paperwork and starting to sign it where he needed to while reading it and confirming things with Calla.

Noel looked to Steph.
"Oh right, sorry, guess I got distracted, umm here" She pulled her phone out and showed her the notes she had on the plans he made so far.
"This is what I came up with, but I am not like an expert or anything, and I don't know the team's strengths and stuff yet" She admitted.

After some time working on the notes, where Noel seemed a little distracted, she turned and looked at Steph then Calla.
"Umm Steph, Calla, do you think I should reveal my new look to the news? It might take the heat off of you two" She asked, though was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Oh, you don't need to sign your copy of the work orders. Sorry. Anyhoo. Upstairs bathroom," she pointed to it, "kitchen," she laid it down and pointed to the highlighted part to indicate what Jeff saw needed fixed. "Now, these others are all your requests as you can see, they're worded different. Prospective tenant has seen... and then what you told Dad. These are all for your records so that you can check to see if they get done in a relatively short period of time. Dad said to remind you to call him if this isn't ALL done by the end of the month. And done right. He won't pay for 'shoddy work'." She said the last two words using air quotes. When she heard Noel's remark and gasped and said like a Midwestern belle. "Bite your tongue! Why on earth would you want him to know what you look like now?! I'm a big girl and know three forms of martial arts. Including judo. I just prefer not to use them. I will if I have to, though."

Stephanie wholeheartedly agreed. "It's bad enough he knows where you live. Don't go looking for trouble. Your share will find you enough times.

Pat frowned, but it was Candy who spoke up next. "Today's press love to butt into your private life enough. They also have a nasty habit of bending your words to make it sound like you said something you didn't. Or they take what you said out of context to push they're own agenda, and make you look like the bad guy or girl."

Kara hugged Noel from the side. "Listen to them. Candy's had a lot of experience with reporters. So has Calla just by being a real estate mongol's daughter. The less the press knows about you, the more you'll protect them. It may not seem like it, but you WOULD be protecting them more by NOT saying anything to the reporters."

Lenard added a caveat, however. "Although that's sound advice, I think Noel should spend Friday's session with Dr. Brinker asking about this. Even my first response is no. Don't talk to the press." He shook his head. "The detectives take turns checking up on you, Noel. Ask each one as well. You have three. I know Robert is a guy and may be intimidating, but you know he'd never purposely steer you wrong. Ask his advice as well."

Noel looked around at all of them, having forgotten about Calla's training, which seemed to help her knowing.
"I... Okay, I don't know much about that stuff. I just feel like I am using you two as, shields to protect myself, and if either of you gets hurt or worse because of me I don't know what... I..." Noel started to tear up.
"If anyone gets hurt because of this I don't know what I would do..." She placed her face in her hands, leaning into Kara more as she felt her hug.

Jeff spoke up next.
"Lenard is right, talk to the experts about it, they know best. And know it is easier said than done, but don't dwell on what could happen, everyone knows the danger out there and will take all the precautions they can. Remember the kid out there, if this is who we assume, they are just human, they will make a mistake and get caught." He added.

Back
Top Bottom