Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel hesitated but took a breath and released Stephanie's hand.
"I am sorry Steph, I really am. Wait, I have the same numbers on my phone if you like you can use it if you ever need to talk in private" She offered.

Jeff meanwhile looked at the two.
"yeah, if Calla could have been mistaken as like Stephanie was." he nodded.

Stephanie gave a sad smile. "How'd you get my best friend since grade school's number? And my uncle Tom and my grandma's? The vice principal's? He's in charge of us tutors. I know I gave you my dad's... And Betty gave you her number while she was here? I know you got Candy's and Calla's. And of course Jeff's, but I thought that was it of the band. You haven't met Wendy and Chuck, and neither have I, and I didn't want Antwan's the way he hit on Betty. So, I only have Betty, Calla and Candy." She checked as she wrote down the numbers. "Um. I don't have everyone you do... Jeff, can I get your number for my hard copy list, and I'll put it in after I get it back." She turned it off, and handed it to Robert, who in turn handed it to Pat who temporarily shook her head.

Pat asked, "Same place we usually put Kara's when she loses her privilege?"

Lenard nodded. "Top drawer of my desk in the home office. The drawer that locks." He gave his wife the key. "Show Robert which one. He can actually put it in."

"That's why I shook my head. Follow me, detective. That way you can have confirmation Stephanie's phone is confiscated. Especially if you do it, yourself."

Christine nodded. "Bonzer idea, Pat. I'm pretty confident I'll hear about my remark when we get back to the precinct." She then went into details with Jeff and Lenard regarding the current bush damage, the only bear trap and then asked who the last person into the residence was.

"That would have been me." Calla admitted, sitting back down on the couch. "We had business regarding the renovations before Jeff could okay everyone moving in, and everyday maintenance work that needed completed. He also had to let dad know if he was going to walk through with him Friday. We were then visiting, because dad had my car and I was to wait until he got back."

"How long was that going to be?" Christine asked as she wrote as Pat and Robert came back from securing Stephanie's cell phone in the locked drawer.

"He said an hour, but it was closer to... Well it was OVER an hour. Jeff could probably tell you exactly how long." Calla shrugged.

Chris nodded. "Okay, I'm going to have to interview you a little longer, Calla, but let's get this time frame done. When did you get here?"

"About six-thirty, quarter til." Calla said calmly.

"We got the call a few minutes before eight. Jeff, can you confirm that?" Christine looked over to him. "Her arrival and when you saw the bear trap, that is."

Stephanie continued shaking her head. "Noel... I don't regret meeting you. I don't regret becoming friends with you. I just got too emotionally involved. With your rape, I felt like it had happened to me. I started slouching, slumping... Basically, I was depressed because I didn't know how to help you. Then this ex..." She shrugged. "I was like I was in pain. That's why I wanted to be here during the blizzard and storm and aftermath. I would be here for you. Hey, I wouldn't have met Betty, if it hadn't been for worrying about you. I should thank you."

Jeff nodded and answered the questions asked, agreeing with everything Calla was saying. Adding that he looked and didn't see anyone after he spotted the trap, also that he told her father to circle the block, he may have also seen something.

Noel winced slightly as she talked about the rape and her ex, but by the end of her statement, Noel had watery eyes as she looked at Steph. She took a moment but soon pulled her into a hug.
"Thank you Steph, that means a lot to me" She squeezed her firmly.
"I, despite everything, I have caused, I am really happy we met as well."

Kara and Stephanie both shook their heads. "You didn't cause this Noel." Kara said as Stephanie nodded and added, "Come on, Firecracker. Stop blaming yourself for others' actions. I don't blame you... Why should you?"

It was ironic that Jeff mentioned Mr. Mondale, as he texted at that moment. Do the police need me for anything? I can have the car locked and walk down and be there in a few minutes.

Chris continued her interview with Calla, now focussing on if she had seen anyone or thing suspicious or out of place when she arrived.

Noel nodded.
"It's no one's fault except whoever is doing this to us" She smiled and tried to get them both in a hug.

Jeff looked at the text before asking the police if they wanted to speak with Calla's father as well before explaining his current situation to them.

"Right." Kara and Stephanie said together as they hugged again.

Christine looked over from where she stood, as Jeff asked the question.

Robert shook his head. "Not unless he can add something we don't already know."

Mr. Mondale wouldn't have anything new to add. Not even a suspicious character lurking around the park entrance... Unless one actually was.

Noel simply held them for a bit before loosening up and looking at them.
"Hey umm, m-maybe we could like have a little sleepover thing tonight? I have never done like a party esc version before, like from the movies." She suggested thinking it might be good to take their minds of things since they were stuck inside anyway.

Jeff nodded and sent a message asking him if he had seen anything.
"Okay so, if this creep is watching this place and is looking for short redheads to target, and he sees Calla leave, or is somehow informed of it, what if he follows her?" Jeff asked, quietly so Calla or the other girls would not hear.

Stephanie smirked. "Let me ask my adoptive parents if it's ok, first. Dad's on the warpath and I AM grounded."

Luckily Lenard had come to the kitchen so he could talk to his old friend, the police captain and Stephanie's dad privately... With what was going on in the living room, pretty much was the kitchen. He overheard and passed the question to Stephen. The answer came back quickly. "Understood, my friend." He hung up and looked over. "Sleepover approved, but no media entertainment. According to your dad, Nancy Drew... No phone, TV, or iTunes for three days. To quote him, 'Maybe you'll learn to mind, stand up straight, and start acting like a young lady, again.' Kiddo, I don't know WHAT you did, but maybe the incident here that wasn't your fault, had something to do with a straw and a camel's back." He then headed for the living room, saying, "To avoid temptations, why don't you girls have your sleepover in the home gym? Steph has to sleep down there anyway, and I saw pillows and covers still down there."

Robert was scratching his chin in thought. "Chris? A moment."

Christine frowned. "Robert... You're not gonna pull a Johnny Legend on me are you? I do not have pleasant memories of that galah*, y'know."

"Nothing like that, but Jeff did just pose an interesting question and I don't have a knowledgeable answer." Robert said calmly.

With a sigh, she closed her notebook, "We're not through, Calla, gimme a mo." She walked over and listened as Robert explained the situation and made a motion toward Calla. "Mmm. No wonder you're stonkered*. I suppose best thing is one of you walk 'er to her pop when I'm finished interviewing her. Best I can offer, and know it's not what yous were hoping. Barring that, she'd be stuck here with all of ya. Zorels may have housed ten during the blizzard, but..." She shook her head not finishing her thought, because it was self explanatory. "At any rate, Lemme wrap up with Calla, so we can get back to the precinct."

Lenard came over. "Christine? Captain Wainwright told me to say to you, that he's mad as a cut snake* and to report to his office when you get back. He said you will know what he means."

Christine nodded. "Strewth! Mebbe I shouldn't have said he was being as mean as cat's piss towards his daughter... When he fair dinkum was. It's London to a brick* that's what it's about." She went over to finish getting information from Calla. After doing so, they would be heading back to the precinct.

Galah-fool or silly person
Stonkered- puzzled or perplexed (among other meanings)
Mad as a cut snake- extremely angry
London to a brick-absolute certainty

Noel nodded to the idea of having the sleepover in the basement, that was actually a little better as they could afford to be a little louder down there if need be. As she heard the conversation about Calla she also spoke up.
"She could join our sleepover tonight if that would help" She offered.

Jeff let himself be available for the others but let the final decisions be made by the rest of them.

Christine had just finished up with Calla. "Watta bloody bonzer gem! See if the sheila's pop will just pick 'er up in the morning. She'll be apples for an overnighter. That solves everything. Give 'im a jingle." She was looking at Jeff, however to check with Mr. Mondale, who would heave a sigh of relief right in Jeff's ear if he had the phone there. It was more than alright with him, and told him to pass on to her to eat something... If not put a plate right in front of her.

With Christine and Robert both in better moods then when they came, now would be a good time for Noel to ask their opinions on taking the heat off Stephanie and Calla, unless the fact that all the non legal professionals being against the idea had indeed been enough to deter Noel from doing so.

Jeff read the message and passed the information on, letting the others know and looking for some leftovers for her.

Noel had not thought to bring it up again, instead, she was trying to focus on their sleepover, looking up things they could do on her phone.

Candy popped up with, "There's a good bit of jambalaya left from tonight's dinner. Easily two healthy servings. In the fridge, top shelf. Medium size bowl with a green lid."

GRROOOWWLLLLBBBBBRRR!

"Wow when did you last eat, I heard that one clear in here!" Stephanie gasped looking at Calla. "Feed that girl quick!"

"At the dining table, please." Pat commented.

"About 12:30." Calla admitted.

Kara poked Noel, "We'll have time for that after Calla eats. Don't you want to ask Detectives Robert and Christine something first?"

Jeff got the container out for her and placed it on the table, along with a bowl to heat it up in.

Noel looked up from her phone with a confused look.
"I do?" She paused for a moment.
"I do!. Hey umm, Detectives, err, umm would it make sense to reveal my appearance so not so many red heads are attacked? and that way I'll be the only target, that is, if this is who we think it is." She asked.

Robert was at the door as Chris ran her closed pen over her notes. She looked over to Robert with a questioning look, causing him to shrug, as both looked at Noel.

"My gut instinct would say no." Robert said calmly and carefully. "But that could be likely because you're like part of the family. On a more professional level, I'd still be leery of having you do that, because you've gone through more than enough already. Besides," he gave her a teasing wink, "Your counselor would have me for lunch if you got hurt on my watch."

Christine nodded. "So would Captain Wainwright and Chief Quimby. Then I'd be next on the menu." She turned to Noel, "See, our job, as with all police officers, is to serve and protect. In your case, considering you are right, it is him, it would actually make protecting you harder. We have to do both in this case. To protect you is serving you. The fact that he has to guess that either Steffi or Calla is you, will actually make him easier to catch. He's more likely to slip up. Bad enough he already knows we're onto him. Calla looks the most like you in height. Why else would it be a bear trap? He saw her enter here."

"It may not seem like it now, Noel, but you'll be thankful later that we're against the idea. The more he guesses, the easier it should be to catch him. Guessing criminals always make a mistake. Always." Robert stated.

"Like Nancy Drew, Perry Mason and Columbo." Stephanie said finger raised.

"Not quite the same, as that's fiction... But yes. Enough truth in how they catch the criminal because of the criminals' mistakes." Chris admitted. "Hope that helps you, Noel. Best you don't say anything and just let us protect you. This coming from a ginger. Oh. Penny will be checking in on ya tomorrow morning. Hooroo*, all."

Calla put half the contents in the bowl and warmed it up.

* Jovial and uncommon way of farewell, goodbye, etc.

Noel listened intently to what the others had to say, nodding along with all their points. Noel wasn't the brightest bulb on all subjects but they were quite clear.
"Oh that makes a lot of sense, I never thought of it like that. Okay, I guess I should just leave all this stuff to the pros" Noel replied a little embarrassed for mentioning it.

Once the others left Noel would return to Kara and the others.
"So no rush, Calla, but once we are done eating what should we do?" Noel asked the group of girls.

Calla was waiting for the microwave to ding as she heard everything said by both the detectives and then Noel. "Well, when Candy hosted... Before you Jeff... We had junk food snacks, heart to hearts, karaoke, doing each other's hairs, truth and dare... Now we'd probably have the same thing minus the junk food." She glanced to Candy.

"I'm not the hostess of this one. Noel is. And I would have to bow out of an invite anyhoo." She yawned, which was both real and fake. Real, as she was truly tired, and fake in that she overacted with it being noisy and ended with smacked lips. If Jeff calls her on it, he'd have to follow her up to their room, as she got up and headed that way, immediately.

Stephanie grimaced. "No karaoke. No tunes or phone for me. Girl talk and Truth or Dare are okay... Though I'm more likely not to want to take any dares. I think there's like a variation of it where you have to answer every question asked truthfully. Kinda like you're onna witness stand or something."

Kara rolled her eyes. "What's the fun in that? Even I'll take a dare once in awhile."

The microwave dinged and Calla took her late dinner to the table and dug in. "Oh wow. This is good jambalaya!"

Jeff noticed but chose not to call Candy out on it, deciding to simply ask her once in private. As she likely had her own reasons for not wanting. To join them.

“Thanks, recipe and instruction are on fridge if you want, though will be taken down by morning so snap a pick or something if you want it.” Jeff offered before getting up and heading to their bedroom as well.
“You girls have fun now”

Noel looked and listened to the others as they discussed what to do.
“Well there are other things that can be done, this site here days, spin the bottle, and pillow fights. Umm, seven minutes in heaven? I don't really know these but that one seems wrong?” Noel looked at her phone with a confused look as she called through the page.

Stephanie turned really red in blush on the last one. Calla very non-chalantly said, "Noel. Seven minutes in or of. Heard of it with both prepositions. That's basically a major league make out game, which is fine if you are paired up with your girlfriend... Which is usually the case... And you really want to. Otherwise, that shouldn't even be on the table." She noticed Stephanie practically glowing like she was on fire, however, she wasn't going to embarrass her farther. "Spin the Bottle is a random kissing game. You kiss whoever it points to, and I'm not talking pecks or on the cheek. The only thing on there that's relatively safe, yet it's not without drawbacks, is the pillow fight."

Upstairs, Candy would have the bedroom door pulled, and the closet door open, blocking Jeff's view of her slipping on her silky like nightgown. Cotton candy pink, of course. She could be heard giving normal yawns behind it, and a complaint that would only answer why she bowed out of the sleepover, but not why she overacted how tired she was. "Blast it. I love shrimp, but every }yawn{ freaking time, I'm immediately }yaaawn!{ Crap! I'm immediately ready for a nap." Apparently, she'd have liked to be awake for the sleepover, but it wasn't going to happen. She came out from behind the closet door.

Jeff had entered remembering that they had discussed the changing closet rule as a way of giving them free access to the room without the worry of walking in on one another and did enter, waiting for her to finish changing before asking about the yawn and the refusal. Of course, understanding that she was just tired.

Noel blushed as she heard what the games were.
"Oh, I did not know, well then maybe we can find other things to do, umm I don't really know." She admitted looking back at her phone as she went looking for another list.

Candy's face turned as pink as her nightgown. "Okay, I might have (yaaawn) over acted the yawn just a scoch. (Yawn) Better that then falling asleep on 'em." She yawned again, before taking the air mattress. She'd be asleep in minutes.

Downstairs, as Calla finished up her late dinner, she said, "Eating so late, I have to do my own dishes, right?"

Kara gave a nod, before looking at Noel. "I think we have enough things. Who knows how long we'd talk on the girl talk part? Why don't we start with truth or dare, or maybe doing each other's hair, or something like that first?"

Jeff smirked as he went behind the changing area.
"I thought you had the bed and I had the air mattress tonight."

"Oh umm Okay yeah" Noel put her phone away and nodded.

Candy was face down with no cover except her nightgown, and it slightly hiked some, showing most her shins. She seemed to whine about moving, so didn't. She had had the bed most of last week, so she was giving Jeff the bed at least two nights in a row. With the room temperature, it wasn't like Candy would need any covers anyway.

Finishing her dishes and leaving them in the drainer to dry, and the rest of the jambalaya put back in the fridge, Calla said, "Okay, let's go have some girl time. What do we talk about first?"

"That's a good question. What do we talk about first?" Kara asked, looking more at Noel than Stephanie.

Jeff simply nodded and took the bed.

Noel looked up.
"umm, well let's see, girls slumber party talking subjects, uhh first one, boys, uhhh, these lists aren't working" She closed her phone and shrugged.

Calla smirked. "Oh, lesbians talk about boys, Noel. At the last sleepover Candy had before her hospitalization, that's all Betty did... Trash talk about boys!"

Kara got it and stifled her chuckle.

Stephanie didn't help much by quipping. "I probably would have helped. I'm pretty sure you would have too, Kara, don't act so innocent."

Kara held to her smirk and said, "Let's continue this downstairs." She led the way to the steps leading downstairs.

Noel simply blushed and nodded following them down the stairs. Though she looked at her phone again, hoping to find something actually useful.
"Oh! what about a game called never have I ever?" She asked looking at the others as they arrived at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom