Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"Oh, you'll like this! Guy Williams is like the best Zorro! I don't even mind that it's black and white!" Kara said excited. She set it up for viewing, and within a few minutes the series was started.

(Description won't do it justice. Seeing is believing. Search for 1957 Zorro full episodes on YouTube and watch for yourself :) )

Noel smiled and snuggled up to Kara. It didn’t really matter what they were watching, though she did enjoy the show she more so enjoyed her time with Kara. Though she wasn’t brave enough to get too close she did sit beside her and moved a little closer if Kara didn’t.

Kara not only allowed the snuggle, but put her arm around Noel as well. She seemed content to watch the more than 60 year old series, although her dad's Lone Ranger, which she also likes was even older. Clayton Moore's series was 70! Well... 71.

As Dr Brinker brought her coffee to the table where the other three sat, she looked calmly at Pat. "Alright. We're all here, and the girls are watching a video. What's all this about?"

Pat shook her head. "As you know, Christine, we gave explicit orders to let Noel have her privacy. You were standing right next to Lenard, when he asked they honor the request."

"Something I would have applauded, had I known about it." Brinker nodded.

"Did you get it in writing?" Canyon asked.

"I practically ordered it." Christine stated. "The police have a copy, and you should have two, Pat."

Pat produced the paper. "KING-TV not only didn't listen, they came here today around noon or just after. Looking for an interview. Jeffrey watches KING apparently, because I got a call not but a few minutes before you detectives showed up..." A knock on the door interrupted Pat. "Rebecca Knight was supposed to be coming. That's probably her. We were supposed to go over both cases with her. Where's Lenard when I need him?"

"Calm down, Pat, I'll get the door. Gather your thoughts regarding the disobedience of the privacy order. We may have something and KING will have to give away the hospital source, willingly, or face having it court-ordered. That's why I had asked the Zorels... You guys... To have two copies of the request and the police got one." Christine said, excusing herself.

"Ah, you must be Ms. Knight, the Zorels lawyer. We're all in the kitchen drinking coffee and talking about an unexpected development, if you'll come with me."

The northern accent with a hint of Canada that Noel would know all too well said with a bit of a lilt, "That I c'n doo. Was hoping fer a much smaller crowd, don't chu know?"

The hazel eyed brunette walked in the kitchen, adjusting her glasses wearing a three piece grey pinstripe suit, that if Noel took a quick peek as they headed to the kitchen, would look like something straight out of many a lawyer TV series from Perry Mason to Boston Legal (and everything in between).

Noel would happily lean into Kara as she felt her arm around her. She watched the show but she wasn’t fully into the movie, though it was good she was more in her head enjoying her time with Kara.

when the lawyer had entered Noel had noticed and peeled back briefly, noticing the thick accent but had decided to return her focus to the movie and Kara for now. The thought of speaking about the trial made her nervous and she was in no rush to start.

"North with a hint of Canada. I think that's Candy's friend... That female Perry Mason. What did she say her name was? Knight... Something Knight?" She got back in to the episode. Apparently, Rebecca knew French and spoke it quite fluently as just then, "Sacre bleu!" Which was followed by a slew of other explicatives in the language of love.... But that was anything but love.

Canyon couldn't help but chuckle. "You took the words right out of my mouth, Rebecca... But I would have used English."

"Now that we're done turning the air blue and scaring sailors.... French sailors at that... What do you propose we do about it?" Brinker asked the lawyer of the group.

Knight took off her glasses and squeezed a forefinger and thumb into tightly shut eyes."Precious li'l we c'n at the moment.... At least on the parents... Remind them she's an adult would be a good start once they arrive. Plus the can't leave the city?" A sigh. "As per the station... Yer right. We need the source from the hospital. The contact woulda known th' request had been placed an' was in writin'."

"Should Noel not be here when they arrive?" Brinker finally asked thoughtfully.

Knight shook her head. "They'll jus'insist on waitin' til she was back."

"Too right." Christine seconded. "That's the last thing Noel would need. With everything else going on... Well, if it's all the same to you, I'd like to leave that un in the Outback."

"Read you loud and clear." Canyon nodded. "But how do we keep both Kara and Noel from finding out?"

Knight sighed again. "Th' idea of runnin' interference, eh? Sound of an idea as any, I'd wager."

"So Jeffrey is elected anyway, is what you're hinting..." Pat groaned.

"No hintin', to it." Knight shook her head. "Exactly what I'm sayin', to be sure."

Brinker arose. "With that settled, we should get ready to go, so the Zorels can have supper. Although we've barely scratched the surface of this big mess."

"Which is why I'm inviting you all to stay for supper. We can talk normal things during, and go back to this after we send the girls upstairs after supper." Pat stated just as Lenard got in the front door. "The normal conversation during dinner won't be anything scary or surprising to the girls, and it will give them a chance to meet you, Ms. Knight, in a non-stressful situation."

"Can't beat the logic there, eh?" She verbally gave Canyon and Christine a nudging elbow.

"Too right, again." Christine smirked, giving the verbal nudge right back at the lawyer.

"So what IS for supper?" Lenard asked. "Pizza?"

"Best see if that's okay with the girls..." Pat waved him to the TV room. "Works for them... That's what we'll have."

Kara would just look at Noel, letting her decide, when Lenard steps in and asks.

Noel seemed to be lost in her head for most of it, just staring at the screen. Though as Kara moved to look at her she snapped out of it after their eyes met for a moment or two.
“Huh? Oh! Yeah pizza is fine with me, and toppings don’t matter I’ll eat whatever.”

Lenard nodded. "So three large three topping pizzas. And a side of sliced jalapenos like always, Kara?" He already had phone dialed.

Kara looked blankly over to her dad.

Lenard sighed. "I'll take that as a yes."

Kara looked at Noel. "I dunno why, but I have a sneaky suspicion that we're having a family dinner with these guests, and then we're going to be chased off. I have a DVD player in my bedroom?" She began gathering her heroes. "As soon as this episode is over, we'll take these to my room." The episode had just started, episode three of the first season. "Oh... We alphabetised YOUR DVDs and took back ours you never returned. Like my Man from UNCLE and mom's Monkees." She pointed to the shelves near the TV. "You have room now for some of your other series, starting in 1970... Like Mary Tyler Moore, and the Odd Couple... And stuff.

"That's HR Pufnstuf." Lenard shook his head, getting a "whatever" from his daughter.

Noel smiled and nodded as they talked about the pizza, blushing a little as Kara mentioned going back to her room to watch more movies after.
“Actually, I have some DVD’s in my packed stuff as well, if you like maybe we can look through those as well?” She offered.
“Though they are umm a bit different and not quite as old for lots of them. We don’t have to just saying maybe we can have more options” Noel seemed nervous as she said this, oddly like she was admitting to something she might get in trouble for?

Kara shrugged. "Sure, why not? Never did ask if you had any DVDs, or what you liked. Let's volunteer to set the table..."

"Just glasses, cups and... In case there is someone among us that eats their pizza that way, forks and knives. We won't judge." Pat said, overhearing. "We'll use the paper plates coming with them. Less clean up."

Detective Canyon suddenly found some clue or something on the ceiling. Christine just looked at her partner with a raised eyebrow... Not judging, just wondering why he gave himself away.

"I know a few people like that. Including one of the partners at the law firm. To each his own, I say." Rebecca commented, giving Canyon a pat on his back.

Noel smiled and nodded.
”Yeah, maybe we can talk about that stuff after?” she suggested getting up with Kara to join the others and help set the table, starting to know where everything was now.

Though she knew it may not be the best she listened in on what the others were talking about, and although she wasn't able to deduce who they may be talking about. She decided to speak up.

”Well I’ve never tried pizza that way but if it's like cutting it into smaller pieces, I find usually bite-sized versions of food seem to taste better, like the tiny sandwiches.” she paused.
”Heh, I guess that doesn't make much sense”

After an awkward silence, Rebecca was the first to speak up. Noel knew everyone else, though with his lack of appearances, might not have recognized Robert Canyon... Maybe his rumpled trenchcoat... But not him. Rebecca cleared her throat. "Well, I dunno aboot that, dear... But they're definitely easier t' handle when their bitesize... You can even dare get away wit' holdin' yer pinkie extended like so..." She mimicked the rich, snobby people, complete with nose in the air, looking positively boorish, if not a little silly.

"Have had more'n my share of that crowd, too." Canyon said calmly. "Think they know everything, including how to do your job."

"A way out on that... Next time someone of that calibre says that... Tell them to go ahead and see how far they'll get." Knight shrugged. "I can't tell you how many snobs I shut up."

Dr. Brinker chuckled. "Be just my luck, I'd get a college graduate with a degree in counseling."

Christine was next, "My luck their degree would be in law."

Even Lenard had to laugh about that.

Shortly the pizzas arrived, all had thin crust and Lenard took them to the set dining table; where he spread them out. "Meat lovers, Veggie lovers, supreme." He then placed a small plastic cup where Kara was going to sit. "And Kara's jalapenos." He then looked at everyone and teased, tongue in cheek. "Now... Who's going to be the sacrificial princess that's going to sit across from dragon breath?" His smirk was giving himself away, and even Kara (who was the one insulted) laughed.

Noel got shy once the others started to mock the ’fancy’ people. Though did joining in on the laughing at lends question.
”I can if you like, I might even try one of those peppers, how umm, how bad is it compared to the other spicy thing I tried?” she asked seeming a little concerned.

Kara raised an eyebrow as the lawyer chose to sit across from Kara. "You know the green colored pepper in green salsa which is really hot? Can be found in some Mexican dishes like enchiladas? Well, this is it." She put one pepper slice out, onto her plate where Noel could put it."Personally, I'd advise against trying it, but if you insist... Put it on your edge of pizza, then take a bite of the back end of the pizza slice..... And if too hot, milk."

Pat had already had the glass poured and set it in front of Noel. Canyon had sat across from Noel, and looked ready to "duck and cover".

Noel blushed a little at the attention and when she wasn't able to sit across from Kara.
”Oh, umm don't worry even if it's too spicy I have uhh, I have a high pain threshold.” She stated taking her seat looking up at Pat as she was poured milk.
“Thank you”

Noe took her slice after the others had already done the same, she took a meat lovers slice. She Gently placed the pepper like the others had described she should put it before taking her bite chewing and swallowing it before smiling.

“Oh that wasn’t too bad... oh wait no there it is! Oh oh oh!” She grabbed her milk and slowly drank some for a few seconds before putting it down.
“Oh boy that Milk helps a title but not nearly as much as feels necessary.” Noel said with a wince and tears in her eyes, though still was smiling.

"Noel, you're a braver gal than I." Christine commented. Kara had taken two slices, a meat lovers and a veggie lovers.... Spreading the remaining pepper slices between the two pizzas. Meanwhile, Canyon looked like he sighed in relief that Noel had just watered up. "I don't do hot well at all. Hottest I can stand is the garlic sauce at the chicken wings place."

Kara put her pizza slice down and stared disbelieving at him as Rebecca and Christine both looked at him and said, "You're kidding!"

Kara shook her head. "That's like one flame out of five. Most the barbecues are warmer than that."

Canyon shrugged. "Never had the tolerance level for spicy. I don't do chili at all."

"I can tolerate up to the Mango Habanero, myself." Christine stated.

"That one's nice and hot. I prefer the Blazin' at BW3. I'm actually afraid to try the Atomic from some of the horror stories I've heard." Kara admitted.

"Burns both ends." Rebecca had apparently tried it. "I'd advise the REAL Supergirl from trying THAT one." She gave a smile, "That is, unless she WANTS to be a fireball."

Lenard couldn't help himself. "So gives new meaning to the term 'dragon breath's, does it?"

"That, and 'Great Balls o' Fire!'" Rebecca nodded.

Noel listened to the others naming their limits.
"I kinda like spicy, because it does feel outside my limit, sure it kinda hurts but like in a good way. I don't think that I have tried something that was truly above my limits, Though I also haven't tried too many spicy things" Noel spoke, ironically still tearing up and choking up a little from the spice.

"heh, yeah, it will make her fall into a 'Ring of Fire'" She smiled wanting to add to their jokes.

"More like falling into a 'Wing of Fire', but good one, Noel!" Christine laughed

By this point Kara was blushing, "Ok, ok. I'm convinced. If the temperature is so hot even the REAL Supergirl would spontaneously combust in flames.... I have no business even trying it. Don't need to hit me over the head with hot wings."

The seven would then direct their attention to Lenard as he had an announcement.

"The meetings today circled mostly around the promotion.. Those that came to at least one of the meetings that ran until 2:15 this afternoon, are still up for it. It's been officially narrowed from 100 possible recipients to 33. I'm still up for it. Also, we have a strong low we're watching out in the northern Pacific. If it meets up with the one coming for us out of Alaska... We might be looking at our first blizzard of the season. Both have strong winds associated with them."

Rebecca looked thoughtful for a minute. "What would you put the chances at, eh?"

"The computer models..."

"Non! I didn't ask for their odds... Your gut instinct." Rebecca cut him off.

"I'm beginning to like this lawyer. Beware bad guys, Superlaw is here." Kara asided to Noel.

Lenard took a deep breath. "Around ten percent. Me, personally. Computer models have it at just under 25%."

Pat looked at her husband. "Why do you feel so unlikely?"

"Alaska front isn't organized, however the Pacific storm is. We might be in for a driving cold rain more than a blizzard. Both storms are about three days out. Things will likely change. They always do."

Noel returned to eating her pizza, the rest of it without pepper actually helped cool her mouth even more. She listened in but didn't really have enough knowledge or opinion on the matter they spoke of. Not knowing much about Lenards jobs or weather predictions. So she kept quiet simply listening in as she enjoyed her food.

"Not interested in meteorology, Noel? That's basically what Dad does." Kara asked. The subject somehow drifted to family, where Lenard and Pat talked about traditions, Rebecca mentioned her sister Daphne, was a manager of a professional softball team back east in upstate New York. She talked about how she and Candy became friends, long before Candy became a pop sensation.

"Noel and I got autographed copies of her debut CD yesterday when we visited her." Kara volunteered.

"That album hasn't been released to the general public yet, and won't for a few more weeks." Canyon said.

"Well, she sent me an advanced copy as well.... Li'l monkey autographed mine, too. I listened to it instead of the inflight movie on the way out here." Rebecca stated calmly. "How'd you manage to get a copy, Kara?" She figured Noel and the pop star were the friends.

"I was a Lollipop for two summers straight."Kara said, "She even wants me back."

"Looks like my thoughts were bass ackwards. I figured Noel was the one who knew the pop star." She looked at Canyon and Lenard who had weird grins on their faces... Even Pat looked like she was holding in laughter. Christine was just shaking her head with her grin.

Noel shook her head.
"No more like a lack of knowledge, It sounds plenty interesting" She replied to Kara's question still eating.

Noel once again shook her head when she stated she thought Noel knew Candy.
"No not at all, I honestly don't really know many people outside this room, other than my own family of course" She admitted.
"I'm not much of a socialite"

Rebecca merely nodded and looked around the table. All of the meat lovers and most of the supreme were gone, leaving only the veggie lovers which was half gone.

Pat spoke up. "Well, this was a nice dinner. Thanks, Lenard for buying it." She cleared her throat uneasily as her sentiment was echoed by the others, except Kara had said "Dad". "Kara. You and Noel are excused. Why don't you take a couple of slices of the veggie lovers and go on upstairs now. Kara. Go to your room and watch your TV. Noel, we'll be calling you back down later, so it's up to you whether you join Kara or go to your own room."

Noel nodded.
"I'll go with Kara if it's okay with her"
Once they left together and were out of earshot of the others Noel whispered to Kara.
"What do you think they want to talk to me about?"

Kara packed the two slices of the veggie lovers pizza to take with her. She had also noticed that Noel would be called later. "Not sure. I mean the two detectives are here. I don't recognize the well dressed lady. She could be the lawyer Miss Candy hired for you."

Noel nodded.
"Yeah, that makes sense. Anyway, I hope you don't think I am too weird because of the movies I have, my uhh, my sources were limited."

Kara just raised an eyebrow as she looked at Noel. "I'm afraid to ask, but fear I must..." She replied, before saying after a breath. "Ok. I'll bite... What are your movies you have?"

Back
Top Bottom