Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Dr. Brinker smiled and nodded. "See? You hadn't forgotten. That's actually good. Don't stay up too late." She then turned to Robert Canyon and said, "That was some pretty harsh words, especially for a guy to say. I'd have expected that from any of the ladies... Even Noel. Do we need to set up an appointment, too?"

The detective rubbed his face. "Maybe, Doc... Cuz I've never felt so pissed off at a perp in all my days. Little along two."

Noel nodded and started to walk away but glanced out the window by the door and spotted something. She walked toward it and opened the door picking it up.
"There is a package here, it says it's for me" She stated to the others as she brought it in. The package was brown and seemed quite average for package delivery.
"Should I open it?"

There was such a resounding chorus of "No"s by everyone, that it actually brought Kara running to the top of the stairs.

"Bring it here." Christine said, and set it on the table between Robert and myself."

Dr. Brinker whipped out her stethoscope and Rebecca practically frowned with a raised eyebrow. "How late does UPS and FedEx run packages?"

"Eight. Usually." Lenard said calmly. "Why?"

Rebecca looked at the clock. The package could have been sitting there since just before eight as it was eight-twenty. The talk with Noel had easily been half-hour to forty-five minutes. "Check it thoroughly, detectives. Noel, do you recognize who it's from?"

Noel almost jumped at the response, then did exactly as they asked.
"No there is only an address, which I don't recognize."

As they checked it they wouldn't hear or see anything that indicated explosives. And as they read the address they would recognize it as the police headquarters.

The detectives didn't really look at the writing as almost anyone could have used the precinct address for something unscrupulous. After giving it the once over, they breathed a sigh and looked at the handwriting. "Looks like it's from Chief Quimby. Odd that he wouldn't use 1 Police Plaza downtown, using our precinct instead." Christine stated.

Brinker handed it back to Noel. "Go ahead. But open it here in front of us. You remember meeting the chief, right?"

Noel nodded, opening the package and pulled out a cell phone.
"Oh, a new phone! it looks used...perhaps this is a temporary replacement until I get mine back?" She asked turning the phone on.
"low battery but it seems to be working.."

Christine smirked. That sounded like something the chief would do. She looked in the package and felt around the package. "Maybe that didn't have a cord..."

She then passed the wrapping and box to Dr. Brinker, who somehow found what neither Noel or Christine found. The cord to plug it in. She held it up before handing it to Noel, "What's this then, Detective?" She shook her head as she looked at Noel. "Knowing Quimby... That's not a loaner. I probably would still get another phone, just in case. Gently used, but probably at least a year old... So not up to date. Check the contacts. He's probably in there. Send him a text that you got it and are thankful." Dr. Brinker had no idea where the police chief got it from, she just knew it was by legal means.

Last edited:
"Right" Noel nodded, checking and seeing his contact in there.

Thank you Chief, I got the phone. :)

"There I sent it!" She smiled.

"Umm his is the only number in here, can you all add yours?" She asked offering the phone to them.
"Oh I should put a password on it after as well"

Everyone nodded, although Canyon would make sure it was okay with Noel a second time. Christine asked, as she was putting her information in, if she knew or had access to her other contacts' numbers.

Dr. Brinker said to text her anytime if Noel was having problems dealing with whatever. After all, she was her therapist and had fought for that right once she realized she had openings in her schedule. She was neglecting the fact that the hospital doctor had also went to bat for her.

Rebecca said that she was to be contacted only on things relevant to the current case for now. Whether it was information or questions Noel had. No talk about Candy, Kara or anything else.... That's what Dr. Brinker was for.

The chief replied with a hearty LOL. You're welcome, Noel! Glad to see it arrived safely and to the right person!

Noel shook her head at Canyon's question. Then she nodded to the others.

"No umm, I didn't really memorize any numbers. Umm Okay Doctor, I will thank you. And umm Okay I won't contact you unless it's about the case"

Once Noel got her phone back she looked through the contacts and smiled lightly.
"Thanks. Umm Kara? should we get back up to the room?" Noel asked not sure if the adults wanted to talk about stuff without them there.

Kara had actually stayed at the top of the stairs at first, and as the package was passed around, she had inched ever so slowly down, she was only halfway down when Noel addressed her as if knowing she was starting to nose in. It actually caused her to gasp at being "caught".

Pat couldn't help herself. With a chuckle, the only mom (known mom) said, "I thought I was the only one to possess the ability to know when Kara is getting nosy. Nice catch, Noel!"

All eyes would now be on Kara, standing halfway down the steps. "Umm... I guess? If-if they're done?"

Dr. Brinker nodded. "For tonight. Good night, Noel. Might want to call it a night, considering the time and how we'll be meeting for our first session at seven tomorrow morning."

"Don't forget to charge your new phone." Canyon smiled, giving Noel a thumbs up. This was followed by a nod and smile from Christine.

Noel blushed as she realized her slip. Truth be told she had said it for some reason with the idea that Kara had been waiting in the other room within earshot.
"Oh umm, y-yeah right" she smiled and blushed at Pat not sure how to reply.

Noel looked at the other two as she had taken her phone and charger cable.
"Okay seven in the morning, got it, But umm, where again exactly do I go?" She asked though prepared to leave but wanted to make she knew when and where.

"Home visit. So that's up to you or the Zorels." Brinker answered.

"How about here in the kitchen? I can have some coffee brewing, unless you two would rather have some tea?" Pat said calmly.

"either works for me I like tea and coffee the same, well maybe tea a little more but coffee is more than fine" Noel replied before turning and going toward Kara.

Kara sighed and with a weak smile, held out her hand to lead Noel up the steps. "I guess you'll be going to bed, so you'll be wanting your Spiderman back for now? I could only watch one more episode before I got curious about what you all were talking about. I didn't actually go to the steps until I saw you get that package; I'm curious on that too. Who sent you the phone?" She had barely heard the police chief being mentioned, so didn't know it actually was from Quimby.

Noel looked a little sad as she told her she would be going to bed.
"Oh umm, well first off this phone is from Chief uhh, Quimby. And second I don't want to go to bed yet, and even if I did umm, why would you think I don't want to uhh, have a sleepover or something?" she blushed holding Kara's hand firmly.

Kara brightened slightly. "Well, cause it's almost ten, and you like to exercise first, then shower, and your appointment is seven in the morning? Soooo... How much sleep do you need?" She was blushing, yet holding Noel's hand about as tightly.

Noel paused and blushed.
"I think I'll wait to exercise after my uhh, my session, so we have lots of time. Besides I umm, I want to talk, Once we are umm more private. Unless you want to sleep that is!"

Kara cocked her head to one side. "You? Holding off on exercise?" She asked definitely shocked. Teasingly tongue in cheek, she asked, "Who are you and what have you done with Noel?" She then grew serious as she was when all this started. "Talking is good... As long as it doesn't go all scary." A sigh. "I don't think my heart could take any more scares and breaks." This would clue Noel in on how much what happened to her had also affected Kara. It almost sounded like Kara needed some therapy as well.

Noel smiled and nodded.
"Heh, umm yeah, but this is something I feel I need to share for umm, both of us. And don't worry it is scare-free" Noel had no intention of adding to the stress and fear that had plagued them the last several days.

Kara nodded and then looked questioningly at both doors to their rooms, still holding Noel's hand. "Umm... You lead us to which room." She stated with a blush. "And you can start as soon as we enter whichever room."

Noel smiled and nodded, bringing them into Kara's room. As she got them in she shut the door behind them and brought them both to the bed, sitting down with Kara beside her. She took a deep breath before she started to speak.

"Okay Kara I know with all that's happened, things are a little, umm, tense, but, I have been thinking about it. When those men did what they did, be it the kidnappers or with what happened to you when you were younger. They want power over us, I don't want to give them that, I don't want everything to change because of what happened, I don't want to live in fear, I don't want to be afraid of what others might do because of them." Noel paused reaching out and placing a hand gently on Kara's cheek.

"So, what I am trying to say is, when you are ready for us to uhh, move forward, so will I be, Slowly, but forward, do, am I making any sense?" Noel asked sitting back blushing, withdrawing her hand and nestling them in her lap as she sat back a little embarrassed.

Kara looked more at her own fumbling hands after the caress to her cheek and the look into her eyes. She took a deep breath as she seemed also to fumble with her words. "Wow. I mean that in a good way. I think? I don't want to downplay what you went through, and I guess I'm getting what you mean." She looked over slightly and took one of Noel's hand and patted it. "We've both been through the ringer, I guess. I get why you are saying you want to be ready when I am." She kissed a cheek, but wasn't sure about giving an actual girlfriend slash lover style kiss to her lips, slightly moving a forefinger over them. "Part of it sounds a little like you're wanting to because of what happened. That's still giving them control... I care about you. Deeply. That didn't change one iota. I feel you'll enjoy yourself more if it's for you, and because you love me. Not anything to do with what mean males did to us." She gave a sort of mock puppy pout.

Noel held her breath as she waited for Kara to respond, releasing it as Kara took her hand and spoke to her. Noel blushed at the kiss, closing her eyes on contact to better feel the warmth and softness of Kara's lips on her skin. As her eyes opened she felt Kara's finger gently placed on her lips, which couldn't help but put a gentle smile across them.
"heh" Noel let out a gentle giggle seeing Kara make her pout face.

"You know just what to say, I... I do love you Kara, so, soo much, I... I don't know if you are right, you might be. I still have no idea how to really know when I am ready, and now, I am so scared, that, that what they did will confuse me. The moment when I am ready I will second guess myself, is it despite them? or if I don't feel ready, would I have been if not for what happened?" Noel leaned into Kara now, placing her head gently on Kara's shoulder.
"How do I know what to think? how do I know what my true feelings are?" Tears started to roll down Noel's cheeks as she sniffled, holding onto Kara.

Kara shook her head in such a way that it was clear that Noel had echoed Kara's thoughts for her. "Would you care to stay here then for the night? I mean, we could snuggle... Maybe watch some more DVDs? You can borrow one of my sets of PJs or nightgowns again..." She offered.

Back
Top Bottom