Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara pointed out a plug Noel could use to charge her phone overnight whilst pulling out a few pj/night gown choices.

Meanwhile, Tabby wandered in and with a form of cat noise was up on the bed and had a paw on two of them looking at both as if to dare one of them to move her. Her front paw on the cat king outfit from earlier, and her back on a leopard or cheetah print slip over gown that Noel wouldn't have seen before. If Noel would choose one of the cat's choices, she'd be greeted by the "cat engine starting"*.

*-cat engine starting- Tabby would start purring.

Noel smiled and nodded as she plugged her phone into the wall where Kara had stated.
"Thanks" Noel moved her hair from her ear before looking at her pajama options.
"Umm, I am torn between the two that Tabby seems to want us to have, do you have a preference between them?" Noel asked Kara as she sat beside the cat and tried to pet her.

Kara was busy tutting at Tabby, and glanced at Noel as Tabby pulled slightly away and tapped her front paw on the PJs while kicking her back leg against the leopard print. "Noel? You have to choose first. She's in one of her cat moods. No pets til you pick. Doesn't matter to me which you choose. Just her."

"Umm, I guess the king cat one, unless you wanted to wear that one Kara" Noel stated, trying to take the pajamas she had mentioned. As she took the pajamas she would be happy that Tabby let her take them, then started to purr.
"Hehe, you got an odd cat" she giggled.

Kara took the leopard print. "She's a piece of work, all right." She admitted with a shake of the head as Tabby looked pleased with herself and up to both hands above her head.

After a simple scratch, Kara moved towards her closet door, and with back to Noel, began to undress to change clothes. To her, she didn't see what the big deal was since both were female.

Noel smiled giving Tabby a pet as well, looking down at the cat for a bit before she turned her vision intending to ask Kara if she wanted to change separately, but saw that Kara had already started to change. A rosy blush made it's way across her face as she had looked over when Kara had undressed, she, of course, had seen her like this before, but for some reason, each time made her heart race.
"wow..." She spoke out loud without thinking, realizing a second later what she had said, and turned her back to Kara flustered. Noel took a breath, stood up, and started to change as well, her embarrassed blushed ever-present as she did so.

Kara misunderstood the wow from Noel, thinking she meant it as how soon she would start changing.

With a giggle, she said, "Come on, you know I'm not bashful. We're both girls and it's not like I have to hide some secret super identity!"

Noel listened to Kara as she replied, her back still turned as she changed. As much as she wanted to take the out, she didn't want to lie to Kara.
"Oh umm, that, that isn't why I said wow, it was more of a, umm... I don't really know how to explain it, to be honest." Noe slipped on the pajamas before she turned around to face Kara, her face beat red.
"It was like a, umm WOW, you know because of umm, how uhh, attractive you are to me" She nearly mumbled the last words as the redness of her face increased.

Kara, now dressed in the leopard print nightgown and facing Noel, listened and then smiled as it was explained what Noel meant. "Aaww, that deserves a hug!" She chirped coming over and embracing her.

Though still very embarrassed Noel smiled and opened her arms, happy to embrace Kara as she waited for her hug, hugging her back once she got there.

Kara gave Noel a kiss to the cheek aware of how embarrassed Noel already was, and not wishing to embarrass her even farther. She pulled the sheets back, and got in first to be against the wall so Noel could get out of bed first. "So. Anything particular you care to watch? There's still like six episodes of Spiderman on the first DVD, but I put both in. If you want something else, I put the Wonder Woman series with Lynda Carter and Lyle Waggoner over there as well as Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno. Both are from the 70s. I forgot I was watching Incredible Hulk over the summer so it wasn't in the attic anymore."

Noel blushed at the kiss then started to move in for a kiss on the lips, though quickly noticed Kara wasn't doing the same and pulled back, hoping Kara hadn't noticed her misjudge of the situation.
"Oh umm, I uhh, actually I was thinking, maybe we watch something a little more recent. Don't get me wrong I like all the 90's shows, but I hear there is a lot more umm, representation for us in new shows, and uhh that would be kind of nice to see, you know?" She suggested.

Kara tilted her head to the side as she patted the bed. "Like what? What more recent do you have in mind? Granted most the cartoons we have on DVD videos is at least five years old, and live action series go back even farther... But I must not be as in tune as you give me credit."

Noel smiled and sat beside her.
"Well for one I heard there was a new Batman that had a gay batwoman in it, uhh, there is that she-ra remake, umm that's all that is really off the top of my head"

Kara looked sheepishly down. Sure, in both cases, they were representing the lesbian community. At the same time, she didn't like how the show runners of the latter one treated fans of the original show... Of which she happened to be.

Supposedly, this was to cater to her, but she was also, at the same time, constantly insulted. She took a deep breath. Better get that one over with. "That She-Ra ended up leaving a bad taste in my mouth because of how the show runners put down the fans of the original. Constantly. I happened to like the original and thought there was plenty of lesbian representation. But no. Because of her shapely body, she was fap material for men and nothing more. Never mind the great storytelling. Besides, they acted like women wouldn't fantasize about She-Ra? Besides... Despite what they said, didn't it strike you as a little odd that she looked... Way too young?" She shook her head silently. In her opinion, the actions of the show runners and fans, as well as the artwork ruined the remake for her.

"Batwoman gets a bit preachy in later episodes I heard. I was so bummed by the new She-Ra, from the beginning... I kinda didn't even want to give Batwoman a chance. Was too afraid they were going to shove it down others' throats."

She finally looked over sadly, tears falling. "Remember. She-Ra was supposed to cater to me, too... But instead... I was also insulted and 'hated' because I preferred the original. I was an -ist and -phobe, even though I'm a lesbian. That hurt."

Noel looked at her with concern then hugged her tightly as she finished speaking.
"I am so sorry, I had no idea, I just, I never saw the original and I never really followed the background stuff going on with it.. Just heard that it had representation in it. Maybe we can find something else? And umm yeah I don't really want a shove down your throat thing either. Do you have any ideas on something like that?" She asked rubbing Kara's back.

Kara hadn't wanted to, but she sobbed a few minutes when she was pulled into the hug. At least it was out, and Noel was okay with her not liking the reboot (though she had at first, but not as much as the original) "I regretted saying I liked the original more, but I wasn't going to recant the truth." She took a deep breath as she thought about the question. She made a face. "Well, there's a lot, but they don't come right out and say it. It's implied. Except Ellen, but we're going back to the 90s. A lot of shows now are doing it for brownie points. "Look at us, we're so now!" I mean if you think about it, if you ever saw Totally Spies... Alex and Sam seemed to be bi. Clover was the only over the top boy crazy... Which actually made me wonder if she wasn't closet bi or a flat out closet lesbian herself." She shook her head. "Again. Classic. That was from 2000s." She finally shook her head. "Not recent that doesn't seem to be pushing or forcing it. Virtue signalling, if you will. You notice how almost everything we have except a very few are 2010 and before?" A shrug. "The rents don't even subscribe to cable. Well, basic so we can watch the news and stuff."

Noel kept her hug going as long as Kara wanted.
"To be honest I haven't really watched much beyond what I own here, my family didn't really support just sitting and watching tv. I watched these as I exercised alone. And umm, I know but it would be nice to have a show that wasn't afraid to acknowledge a gay couple. I mean as long as they don't make it their only character trait, and also don't make their sexuality their driving force then it should just seem like a natural part of the character. I mean coming out and saying, this character likes this character and they are both girls shouldn't be seen as pushing an agenda if it's just as natural as everything else about the character. Like is it pushing heterosexuality with Superman and Lois Lane? or spiderman and Maryjane or Gwen Stacey? No, so why should it work that way for gay couples?" She asked trying to understand more about Kara's frustrations.

Kara looked and listened as Noel talked. Drying her eyes with a sniff, she said, "Exactly! Exactly! Why do we have to be told when it is easily shown without cramming it down everyone's throats? And it's more forced now. She likes her and he likes him with no explanation, they just do? That's not realism. Superman and Lois's relationship was built over time. They grew as a couple and individuals, and didn't just jump in bed for ship points. Even in later years with established lesbian couples. You brought up Batwoman earlier. Her relationship with Renee Montoya was built in the comic books. They weren't just thrown together. DC Bombshells. Same thing. Even though they pretty much made all the main heroines lesbian, they still built the relationships. And Harley and Ivy actually started getting paired up back in the Batman Animated Series. It's also the first hook-up of Batgirl and Supergirl, although they sort of had them together in Batgirl's apartment after their first team-up... It was implied that a relationship was starting, there."

Kara did release Noel so she could get more comfortable. "When did they stop doing the realism of relationships? It seemed it was like overnight. Suddenly it was just to ship and not to actually build the characters. Fan service, they call it, yet nobody asked for it. And some, fans couldn't see happening. Or they were suddenly a couple with no backstory and fans had to either like it or lump it." She sighed. "Ten years ago, they still built the relationship between whoever and whomever." She looked at Noel. "So... Can we change the subject... I don't know what to... Just something. Please."

Noel gave Kara another hug.
"Okay, but umm, just a quick mental note for next time we have a costume thing. Me batgirl and you supergirl as that couple? Sorry, just wanted to say that. Anyway umm, different subject, different subject..." Noel tapped her lips with her finger a few times as she thought.

"Oh! I know! so what should we do with our full free day together, we should start planning it out so we don't waste any time. Like umm maybe go visit some sort of local tourist area or something that I haven't seen, or maybe you have a favorite spot?" she asked, trying to get Kara's mind on a more positive subject.

Kara nodded. "The Space Needle. Fisherman's Wharf. Puget Sound Ferry? All of those are downtown Seattle. There's more lookout sights around Tacoma, but that may be too far south." She put a forefinger to her mouth. "Well, there's always spending all day in the comic shop, too... But I think you might want fresh air." She then settled back in her half of the bed.

Noel crawled up to her and started to cuddle up wrapping her arms around her and laying her head on her lap.
"Fresh air sounds good, though we could always stop by the comic shop and then do one or more of those other things. Heh, we could walk to all of them and that way we can get in exercise as well" She smiled.

Kara sighed content, but then patted herself on the shoulder. "Sounds like a plan, except it's about ten miles one way to downtown. Cuddling is also good but I wanna stretch out, too, so can you lay your head upon my shoulder?" She was pretty sure it looked like they wouldn't be watching TV, so turned it off. The DVD player would only settle slightly, but Noel's Spiderman episodes would be fine. Besides. She wanted to hold Noel in a less awkward way.

Noel nodded.
"Right, umm sorry" Noel sat up gently, letting Kara get into a more comfortable position then laid on her shoulder.
"And yeah I guess that is a bit far of a walk and would take most of the day. heh, so what do you think we should do?" Noel asked gently rubbing Karas's arm with her thumb.

Back
Top Bottom