Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"well it's a little of a mixed bag so to speak, but mostly uhh, like old and new horror, marvel movies and shows, and uhh, some old Disney stuff" She stated, not sure how all those would look compared to the movies that Kara had, she wished they had more of the same films as that would be something they would have in common. Noel thinking in common was always better.

Kara winced slightly at first. "Um... I don't do horror... Life is scary enough at times. I'm a big wimp... Especially when it comes to that. That's MAJOR wake up screaming my head off, nightmare fuel." Yet, she'd watch Alfred Hitchcock and Twilight Zone both. What she meant was slasher films.

Noel didn't know about her specific constraints on watching horror films but nodded.
"Oh umm, okay, I guess we don't need to watch those together... What about the Marvel movies? or maybe umm some comedies as well, umm, some of the Monty Python films from Jeffery, it's kinda silly humor" She asked now curious if there were other genres she wouldn't like."

She nodded at the others. "I don't know where it's at right now, probably in the attic with a lot of Dad and Mom's other tapes and DVDs, but I've got the Spiderman live action series from the 70s, Lou Ferrigno's Hulk TV series, and some Marvel made cartoons including GI Joe and X-Men. I want but don't have the 90s Spiderman cartoon. Also have the 90s X-Men trilogy with Patrick Stewart as Professor X, and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine... That should be here in my room somewhere. It's on DVDs." She tilted her head and looked over at Noel. "Monty Python? Is that another British cartoon like Danger Mouse, with anthropomorphic animals in human roles? Cuz I like the off-brand humor on Danger Mouse. I'm sure to like that cartoon as well. That Monty Python."

Noel smiled.
"Oh! I have the 90's Spider-Man and the X-Men cartoons, as well as the umm 60's? I think? cartoon, the old one you know with the catchy theme song, or umm, they actually both have that so maybe it doesn't help? I also have the sequel series to the X-Men cartoon, X-Men Evolution, and some of the old live-action movies and newer live-action movies. And no Monty python is kinda like skit comedy, but they have some in the form of movies, it all live-action though does have an animated opening, and the one I have, Holy Grail, has an animated part midway through, though it's actually closer to the end. But I am sure it is the same kind of humor" Noel seemed a bit more confident now that she knew Kara may actually have an interest.

Kara nodded. "I don't have Spiderman, but I do have the X-Men. I didn't know Evolution was the sequel series. That's interesting about Monty Python. Makes me think there's more to the title if it's skits, though... Like how "S.N.L." is the abbreviation for the actual skit show Saturday Night Live." As she entered her bedroom, she looked at her still turned off TV. "Holy Grail? Wait... Didn't Indiana Jones find that already in The Last Crusade?" She had no idea Monty Python's movie was before that... By 14 years (75-89).

Noel nodded.
"Yeah it's umm sorta the same premise, they are both looking for the holy grail. Though I am pretty sure this movie came out before that one. Though I might be wrong, if they did however I was surprised they wouldn't have prodied that movie more. Though they also aren't much for a parody I don't think. And yeah I am pretty sure evolution is a sequel series, though I suppose I could be wrong about that as well" She admitted, not wanting to say anything was 100% without being more sure about it.

Kara merely shrugged. She wasn't going to quibble that, since the nineties were the beginning of the sequels era... That was now continuing thirty years later. "What do you want to do or watch? I mean I don't know why they want to see you, or how much time we have... But I'd probably doing like a twenty-two minute episode to be safe." Another shrug, but she wanted Noel to lead the direction of their time together... As long as it wasn't the horror stories.

Kara smiled. "Good idea! It's DVD, right? Only have to pop in the disk?"

Meanwhile, Noel would barely hear the lawyer, Rebecca Knight, say, "Let's hope they hold off, eh? At least for a short time. Plate's pretty heavy and awkward as is. Tha's sure to do more 'arm than good. As for the parents, whether THEY like it or no, you guys are the safest place for her to be throughout the proceedings. Hands down. If I have to fight THAT, I will. 'Sides all that... She's a legal adult, and 'as been since turning 18. They technically have no say. Lenard, I want you to call Jeffrey, I'll talk to Candy (she doesn't know Candy just had surgery and can't verbalize). Looks like we WILL need 'im to run interference."

"Was afraid you'd say that." Lenard tutted.

"You're the one who offered the information on Kara... What did you expect her reaction to be?" Pat snorted, although she hadn't exactly stopped him.

"Patricia? While Lenard and I make our phone calls... Why don't you go get Noel so we can deal with the final problem, eh?"

"Explaining a big fat complicated mess we barely understand ourselves?" Robert Canyon sounded frustrated. "Yeah, good luck with that." A moment later, he let out a yelp and named his attacker with a, "Really, Christine! That hurt."

Noel smiled, taking the disk with the first season and putting it in the DVD tray.
"It's been a while since I have watched these, I think this is my favorite version of spider man."
As Noel heard them yelling downstairs she decided to ignore it, hoping it didn't involve her, though she doubted it.

When Canyon yelped (the only real yell) Pat nodded to Rebecca. The three excused themselves from the table, going three different directions for three different people.

Lenard explained the situation to Jeffrey and promised to keep him informed as to when they needed the interference, and again reminded him that if he heard a definitive time from his parents, that would be the time the Zorels needed him for THAT. The other run of interference would be while Noel was testifying, because they weren't sure if Noel had mentioned the rape (although Kara suspected it since Noel was kidnapped).

Rebecca ended up talking to Betty. At length, since she was playing spokesperson for Candy. That conversation had a lengthy pause in between Rebecca Knight speaking since it was relayed verbally to Candy before scratching could be heard as Candy wrote answers and suggestions. One suggestion had Jeffrey picking Kara up during the trial and being brought over to Candy's. Provided they weren't already on tour by then.

Pat would get up to Kara's bedroom just as the pilot episode was ending. "Good timing on my part. Noel, Ms. Knight, who is your lawyer, and the detectives want to see you. We and Dr. Brinker will be right there if things get difficult. Please come downstairs with me."

Both calls will be over, and Rebecca and Lenard will be seated with a spot would be ready near Dr Brinker for Noel.

Jeffery would say he understands and will inform them the moment he knows anything more, though also clarifies he may not be able to warn them if his parents don't keep him in the loop as he requested.

Noel took a deep breath and nodded to Pat before giving Kara a light hug.
"I'll be right back, unless umm, Kara is allowed to come as well?" Noel asked as she had assumed it was to be only her, but wanted to ask, just in case.

Either way, Noel would go down at a slightly slower than usual walking pace and take the seat clearly meant for her, taking a deep breath again before entering the circle.

Kara hugged Noel and then smiled at the possibility, which was quickly shot down. "Sorry, Noel. The way she's acted a few times... Christine, ah... Detective Andersen... suggested she sit these out. Ms. Knight agreed with her. Brinker wanted her as support for you until Anderson explained something to her. She withdrew her suggestion, but wanted to go on the record that she was worried about the fallout... You are free to ask either why you can't have Kara's support nearby."

When Noel took the open seat near Dr. Brinker, the police psychoanalyst gave her a pat on the knee before looking over to Rebecca.

The lawyer began in a calming voice as she adjusted her glasses. "Good evening, Noel. How are you? I'm Rebecca Knight and will be your lawyer during the course of the trials. The first one that will be done is the criminal case against the two men. Can you tell the detectives and myself about that night, yet? If possible... Leave out nothing."

Noel listened, clearly nervous as her hands lay still on her legs.
"I umm, y-yeah, well umm I hadn't got my full run that morning so I decided since I was exempt from dishes that I would go and finish that off, get those steps in." Noel paused there and took a breath.

"I was running, and I remember vaguely a car coming from behind, but that isn't a red flag when running so I didn't think much of it, I assume it was on the street and would pass me like anyone else I suppose, next thing I know I am waking up, umm in a van. I could hear them talking but I don't really remember what, I was thinking how do I get out of this... my hands and legs were bound. So I knew I wasn't going to be able to fight. I managed to get my phone out of my pocket, and I turned it on with the location tracker, at least I think I did, I meant to..." She paused again thinking.
"I may have turned it off to save power" She stated.

"Then they picked me up, I pretended that I was still unconscious, I was hoping they were waiting for me to wake up to do whatever they wanted to do." Noel took another deep breath.
"That is when they dropped me by Maria and tied me to a pole" She paused again her arm moving up to rub her arm now.

"Both." Canyon offered. "When we found it stuck down in a seat, it WAS off. The tracker, however, had been activated."

"How do you think we found you same night, Noel?" Christine asked calmly. She then nodded. "Feigning unconsciousness was probably the smartest thing you could have done."

Noel would notice all three taking notes. "Did you hear them say anything specific about you and their other victims? Not just Maria, but anything that could tie them to the other kidnappings." Christine had asked the question cautiously. Rebecca nodded. Anything said in Noel's presence, as long as Noel was absolutely sure that is what they said, could be used by their side.

Noel thought for a moment.
"I umm, I think so, uhh, one sec..." She said before closing her eyes and taking a few deep breaths sitting quietly before she started to speak again.

"Okay the older one yelled at the younger one for driving recklessly, he said he would never let him drive again..." She paused again taking another few breaths.
"Then the younger said he thought I-" Noel stopped opening her eyes and looking around, then toward the stairs before speaking in a whisper.
"He thought I was Kara... Since she had seen him I guess she was targeted.." She explained a pit growing in her stomach as she thought about what could have happened.
"umm, then they mentioned something about a police girl, and that they need to make umm ''these two last'' and the older one asked if the younger one took my phone, which is what actually made me think of turning on location finder" She stated, seeming to be a little calmer now as she was recalling things.
"what next?.. oh umm yeah they wanted to factory reset my phone, which is why I turned it off and hid it. Umm the man apparently was a field medic as they discussed if I would die of my injuries or not... then..." Noel paused and went a little pale as she remembered the next few lines.
"The uhh, the older one said they would need to swap between me and Maria, use one as the other healed, so we wouldn't die like the others.."

With Kara and Penny having been targeted as well, Rebecca looked over the brim of her glasses at the detectives. "Those two were not grabbed?"

"There was an attempt made on both, but neither got close enough to the van to be grabbed. Penny even flashed her badge. This whole affair has reeked of an older class. Three years prior, at least. Kara would have been a freshman, as well as most the victims, and Penny a senior. She is an alumni of the high school." Christine answered.

"How did they coerce their victims?"

"Closest family is badly injured in the hospital. Kara and her parents have a code. That's what saved her, and probably other blondes, from being victims. Blondes were the only targets."

Hearing this, Rebecca shook her head and took a deep breath. "So, instead of the usual MO, they... Hit you with the van?" Apparently, Robert Canyon had caught the difference after all. "Mistaking you for Kara?"

Noel listened to them going back and forth, her mind able to put herself outside of it a little and think of it as a mystery.
"Oh umm, yeah it was dark, and my white hair may have looked blond in their headlights, also if they were watching her house I had come out of it, however, they found out she lived there probably didn't mention me as a resident."

Rebecca looked at Noel. "Why is that?"

"We just listed her as a resident of this address with the school the same day she moved in. About a week, week and a half ago." Lenard answered.

"So... If as suspected... The perps were using information from three years ago... Noel wouldn't be listed as a resident." Christine countered.

Rebecca held up her hand. "Right. Only Kara. Makes sense, now." She then turned back to Noel. "If you are comfortable with it, please continue. You are tied near Maria? She's the one still in the hospital, correct?"

Noel took a breath, looking a little pale again.
"Right, we talked for a little, I tried to tell her to pretend that I was unconscious still and that I would find us a way out... She uhh, she told me things were very bad there"
"Umm, then after some time, the older one returned. I pretended that I was still out, thinking that if he saw I was still unconscious this whole time he might think I was a lost cause or something.. It didn't work he uhh, he brought me into a back room they had, and uhh..." Noel paused looking down.

Rebecca closed her eyes and held up her hand. The detectives both looked away, eyes closed. Pat brought up a hand to her face before being embraced in a hug by Lenard. Dr. Brinker patted and rubbed Noel's back and asked if she wanted a hug.

With Canyon's voice even sounding feminine with his high tenor, even he could have been accused of being the one to say in a whisper what everyone was thinking at that moment. "Those bastards raped their victims to death." Maybe having a pizza dinner before this hadn't been such a good idea after all.

Rebecca voice, which Noel would recognize as the other one closest to her, "We'll need to hear more... Just not right now." She sounded weak as she said she felt she had enough to not only get the civil case thrown completely out, but the prosecutor could almost get a conviction without learning what happened next.

Canyon was definitely the voice that said it was fine with him. The two were animals in his opinion. He also made a remark that even surprised Christine. "No wonder girls become lesbians. They need the book thrown at them... And I mean the literal lawbook that describes their charges." almost sounded like he was close to tears and needed a hug.

When Noel was asked if she needed a hug she shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself. She looked around at the others as they spoke. Once they all had finished she spoke up.
"Does that mean I can go back to Kara?"

Dr. Brinker nodded, "Yes, you're excused, Noel." She took a breath and stated, "And I'll see you tomorrow morning for our session." She then checked to see if Noel was able to retain the appointment time after having to remember the harrowing events, "and what time is that?" She kept a calming voice level while asking.

Noel let out a sigh of relief as she had heard she was able to go and stood up, though didn't leave yet so she could listen to the Doctor.
"Oh umm, I forget.. uhh, seven in the morning?" She asked not sure.

Back
Top Bottom