Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel jumped a little as Kara shrieked from getting kicked in the shin. Looking back and forth between the two while finishing up her plate as she listened to them.
"Oh umm I, it's okay I am pretty much done anyway" Noel nodded, not wanting to keep Kara from her show.

As if planned, both mother and daughter turned to Noel and said, "You sure?" Before both decided it was rhetorical, and Kara arose, leading Noel back to the TV room.

Although, black and white, as compared to Pound Puppies being in color (not to mention a cartoon, compared to Hogan's Heroes being live action); Noel would spot the similarities immediately, starting with the theme... Just as Kara said. They were eeriely close with definitely the same instruments being used. The next thing would be how Klink and Schultz were right across from the barracks in Stalag 13, just like how McLeish and Olaf's office was right across from the row of kennels in Shelter 17; if that didn't convince Noel, the underground tunnels, and Schultz caring about the POWs would... If that failed to get her attention, Klink not liking his job and how the POWs of Hogan's bunch would help others "find their way home", or how each pup mirrored a member of Hogan's crew. The leader, second, the inventor, etc. It was clear the later Pound Puppies creators had taken their premise straight from the 45 year old show (for when the cartoon debuted. Even I know it's now been 55 years since 1965. :D) After the pilot started running the end credits, Kara asked, "One more, or start sorting DVDs alphabetically?"

Noel went along with Kara soon seeing the similarities between the shows, though didn't speak up until after they were done. She looked at Kara then seemed to think for a moment, rubbing her chin a little.
"Well if we sort now, maybe we can watch when we are done?" she suggested.

"Good idea. Just make sure to leave the spot open for whatever series you decide to leave out."

Lenard had originally set up the series in order of debut year, but half the time... He couldn't find what he was looking for. Pat's idea of alphabetical made the best sense.

Here are the classic shows and when they premiered.

The Lone Ranger 1949
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show 1950
Dragnet 1951
I Love Lucy
Adventures of Superman 1952
My Little Margie
Make Room for Daddy 1953
Lassie 1954
Father Knows Best
The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin
Sherlock Holmes (UK)
Gunsmoke 1955
Cheyenne
The Honeymooners
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Have Gun, Will Travel 1957
Perry Mason
Maverick
The Real McCoys
Leave it to Beaver
Zorro
Sea Hunt 1958
Peter Gunn
The Donna Reed Show
The Rifleman
Bat Masterson
77 Sunset Strip
Rawhide 1959
Bonanza
The Twilight Zone
Dennis the Menace
The Untouchables
My Three Sons 1960
The Flintstones
The Andy Griffith Show
Mister Ed 1961
The Avengers (UK AKA later as Steed and Mrs. Peel)
Car 54 Where are You?
Top Cat
Hazel
The Dick Van Dyke Show
The Virginian 1962
The Jetsons
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Saint (Roger Moore)
McHale's Navy
The Party Duke Show 1963
Burke's Law
Petticoat Junction
My Favorite Martian
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea 1964
Peyton Place
Bewitched
Jonny Quest
The Man From UNCLE
Daniel Boone
The Munsters
Gomer Pyle USMC
Gilligan's Island
Lost in Space 1965
Green Acres
Gidget
The Wild Wild West
Hogan's Heroes
I Dream of Jeannie
Get Smart!
The FBI
Batman 1966
Star Trek
That Girl
Tarzan
The Green Hornet
The Time Tunnel
The Monkees
Family Affair
The Girl from UNCLE
Mission: Impossible
The Flying Nun 1967
George of the Jungle
The Carol Burnett Show
Ironside
Mannix
Wacky Races 1968
Adam-12
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
The Mod Squad
Hawaii Five-0 (Jack Lord. Original)
Scooby Doo, Where are You 1969
The Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Marcus Welby MD
Love, American Style

Kara was furious after a bit, as she was setting aside several of them. "Mom! Dad didn't return some of our series to us!"

Pat was right in looking at the three piles... Two much smaller ones. "Well, I'll be a MONKEY'S uncle... That's where they went."*

*-clue to one of Pat's series.

Last edited:
Noel decided that if more than one title shared a name they would put those then in order by release date.
Noel wasn't sure what her clue was alluding to.

Pat walked over to the smallest pile. "Holmes, Avengers, Saint and Monkees. Right then. Where's Secret Agent? I know I'm looking for The Prisoner."

Kara had all her classic superheroes off to the side of the larger pile, yet The Lone Ranger wasn't in Kara's pile. "We pulled them all off the shelves. I can't believe Dad tried to claim my only non-heroes one... Petticoat Junction. He said he didn't like that sitcom. I kinda understand why he had my Man and Girl from UNCLE DVDs. He likes Man from UNCLE, anyway."

"No excuse. You bought both UNCLE DVD sets out of your own allowance." Pat huffed. With a sigh, she promised she was going to have words with him. Especially for keeping HER Saint with Roger Moore before he was James Bond in his collection. Apparently, that was her favorite.

Kara sighed and looked back at Noel. "Let's get these back on the shelf in alphabetical order. We'll watch one of my heroes, or Petticoat Junction. Sound good?"

Noel nodded.
"That works for me, let's get them up and organized, hopefully, they will stay that way" She smiled, grabbing the first handful.

Kara asked for all the A's first, then the B's, and so on, until they had the DVDs reshelved. There was plenty of extra room now, since the girls were reclaiming their missing DVD sets. When they had finished, Lenard's collection of just his, were as follows:

77 Sunset Strip
Adam-12
Adventures of Rin Tin Tin
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
The Andy Griffith Show
Bat Masterson
The Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
Bonanza
Burke's Law
Car 54, Where are You?
The Carol Burnett Show
Cheyenne
Daniel Boone
Dennis the Menace
The Dick Van Dyke Show
The Donna Reed Show
Dragnet
Family Affair
Father Knows Best
The FBI
The Flintstones
The Flying Nun
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show
George of the Jungle
Get Smart!
Gidget
Gilligan's Island
Gomer Pyle USMC
Green Acres
Gunsmoke
Have Gun Will Travel
Hawaii Five-0
Hazel
Hogan's Heroes
The Honeymooners
I Dream of Jeannie
I Love Lucy
Ironside
The Jetsons
Jonny Quest
Lassie
Leave it to Beaver
The Lone Ranger
Lost in Space
Love, American Style
Make Room for Daddy
Mannix
Marcus Welby MD
Maverick
McHale's Navy
Mission: Impossible
Mister Ed
The Mod Squad
The Munsters
My Favorite Martian
My Little Margie
My Three Sons
The Patty Duke Show
The Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Perry Mason
Peter Gunn
Peyton Place
Rawhide
The Real McCoys
The Rifleman
Scooby Doo, Where are You?
Sea Hunt
Star Trek
Tarzan
That Girl
The Time Tunnel
Top Cat
The Twilight Zone
The Untouchables
The Virginian
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Wacky Races
The Wild Wild West

Kara noticed on the inside of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir with Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare a sticker that said in what had to be her grandma's writing, "Property of Patricia Adelaide Sydney". She sat there stupified, mouth hanging open. Apparently, she had never known her mom's middle name, nor her maiden one. Noel would have to do something to get her attention... Like get Pat again to claim her forgotten DVD set.

Noel looked at her for a moment, her head moving back and forth between Kara's face and the writing.
"Umm, Kara? should we get your mother?" She asked poking her in her cheek, which would easily push in as her mouth was agape.
"Or are you trying to catch a fly?"

Kara managed to break from her stupified look to glance at Noel. "Huh? Mom? Yeah... How long have DVDs been around? Recent, kinda?"

Pat was busy in her shared room with Lenard, putting her DVD cases back in a box, that resembled a small comic book box in regards to shape and length.

Pat popped her head up and looked over to the desk where Lenard kept the things he needed for work. Yes, she wasn't imagining things. More than likely, Lenard calling home, finally realizing he didn't have his phone. Sometimes he wouldn't need it (it was in the way) if there were meetings, and today was supposed to be meetings at least all morning and into early afternoon. Jeffrey would hear the slight Australian accent of an irked Pat, "'Ello Jeffrey... Afore ya ask, yes... Lenard forgot is phone, but he did have meetings most today. What's up?"

Kara, meanwhile, closed the DVD cover and handed it to Noel with a nod. "Yeah... Uhh... She... Um... Forgot a gift from her mom? Or is that mum? I mean it is for a British mom, we mum... Yeah." So that's part of the problem besides the name.

Noel looked back as well before turning to Kara.
"Oh right, perhaps we should give it back to her, for her pile?" She suggested.

Jeffery answered on the other side.
"Oh hello Pat, that is fine, as long as you or Lenard are aware. There was a news broadcast that showed your house and mentioned Noel. Our parents saw it, and are likely going to be paying you a visit to attempt to retrieve her. I would offer my assistance whenever they arrive, but I feel my presence may only make things worse." He warned.

"Oh. I'm well aware of that. The press ignored our request for privacy, Jeffrey. And it can't be any worse then the brouhaha that's going to be had anyway. I've involved the detectives already, as well as Dr. Brinker. What's a few more spoons stirring the pot? Has Candace Popovich been released yet?" That would be an about to get discharged, as she would have had him called to pick her up. He'd be either waiting or on the way there. "And I hope that Knight lady's plane lands soon. We're going to need her, too. As if we din't have enough on our plates, as is. Tis a fine kettle."

What they didn't know, was Candy's lawyer friend was already IN Seattle, at the hotel, going over last minute details in order to best consult Noel and the Zorels on the first legal battle.

"I am still waiting on them to release Candace, I am not sure about the lawyer but she should be arriving soon, if I hear anything I will pass the information along. I hope that our family doesn't cause too much trouble, and maybe don't tell Noel about it, I don't know if she needs the extra stress" He replied.

Pat nodded, although that couldn't be seen. "I hate to impose on Candace, but if you CAN be here... Even if it's to keep your sister and Kara preoccupied in the back yard with party plans for Candace.... We could really use you here. Run interference, as it were. If I can help it, I don't even want KARA to know what has stirred up." Candy would insist silently for Jeffrey to be with his sister if the Zorels are insisting. "Be here quickly if at all possible. Until later."

So the plan was, whilst Christine Andersen was convincing the party planners they needed security, Dr. Brinker and Robert Canyon would do their best to not only point out Noel's age, but that in actuality... They needed for her there as a witness to put the men behind bars for a very long time.

The backyard planning would hinge on Jeffrey getting there to draw Kara and Noel's attention away from the Starlings coming in. Luckily the detectives both would arrive the second Pat hangs up... By ringing the doorbell. The plan was, if uninvited company (The Starlings) DID show up now, Christine could pretend she's there as part of a party planning where she'd be security, and Canyon was working the case. Dr. Brinker would be a few minutes behind, followed by the Duluth lawyer. It would be a full house for dinner.

Jeffery paused for a moment.
"Now I don't know when they will be there, I wasn't privy to that information it seems, either that or they don't know, I can tell you for certain it won't be tonight, they live much too far, unless they flew, and left now. But that isn't likely at all"

Pat seemed to take a breath. "Well... That's something, at least. Do try to find out, and arrange to be here to run interference for Kara and your sister to keep them occupied. We'll make up something if we have to. Meanwhile, thanks for the heads up."

As Pat hung up, she would still have to deal with the arriving detectives. There was still the matter of the press disregarding a privacy request. She went to go downstairs to answer the doorbell and let in Andersen and Canyon.

Jeffery nodded though she would not be able to see this.
"Sounds like a plan, I'll be there and try to give you as many heads up as I can." He replied.

As the doorbell rang Noel turned and looked up, peeking through the window to see who it was before going to the door.
"It's Mrs. Anderson" She called out to the rest of the house before going over and opening the door for them. THough she did look over at Kara first to make sure it was okay with her.

Last edited:
Kara tilted her head as if to say Noel didn't need to ask permission on something like that, as Pat was getting to the bottom step. "Thanks, Noel. Hello, Detectives, please, to the kitchen. Coffee?"

Canyon shook his head as Christine said calmly to Noel, "Detective, luv. UNmarried Detective. So if you must use the honor system, it's Miss or Ms... Otherwise, it's Christine, Okay?" She looked at Pat, "Coffee is fine, thanks, Pat."

Canyon followed, still shaking his head. "Everywhere we go, I never get introduced. What am I? Chopped liver?"

"Come along, Detective Chopped Liver, get a cup o' Joe, although I doubt this is a social call." Christine snarked, pulling him along by his coat collar.

Pat looked at the DVD in Noel's hand. "Is that another one of mine, my husband filched? Which is it?" She asked. She called to the detectives, "Go ahead and serve yourselves, the pot's next to the stove. I'll be right there."

"Thanks." Canyon called.

Noel nodded and blushed.
"Sorry, Detective, I was never good at that Miss, Ms, Mrs thing."

Noel had looked down embarrassed by her mistake, though snapped out of it when addressed by Pat.
"Oh! umm yeah, I think so, there is some writing in it, here look" She started showing her what she and Kara had found.

Pat looked misty eyed, with a far away smile. "My first one of my collection. Mum sent it on me birthday about 20 years ago. Put that on my bed upstairs...." The doorbell rang. "That'll be Dr. Brinker. Regarding a different matter. Go ahead and let her in, then excuse yourself back to the TV room. You and Kara can watch her superheroes or secret agents (as that's what the UNCLE series was about) until dinner. Hold onto that until then. Thanks."

She went into the kitchen, and Noel could hear a chair being moved, as Pat told them, "The third member of our party is being let in right now." This told Noel where to send her.

Noel nodded, being a little confused but moved and let Brinker in.
"Hello Doctor, umm I think Pat is in the kitchen" She gestured to the kitchen, the DVD still in her hand.

Once Brinker was in and Noel shut and locked the door behind her, she moved over to the TV room and sat beside Kara.
"Your mother said we should watch some hero movies"

Brinker nodded and went on into the kitchen, greeting the detectives and Pat, before getting a cup of coffee herself.

Kara nodded and spread out the hero DVDs she was reclaiming, including the oldest classic series, The Adventures of Superman, with George Reeves, the 50s black and white series. "Which do you prefer?" She asked motioning to them all.

Adventures of Superman, Zorro, The Man from UNCLE, Batman, The Green Hornet, and The Girl from UNCLE. To the side, in case Noel would prefer comedy instead, was Petticoat Junction.

Back
Top Bottom