Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"Oh, umm yeah that is what I meant if you got the promotion" Noel stated as she blushed at the misunderstanding.

Jeffery thought for a moment, "can't say I do, should I?" He asked.
Noel rolled her eyes. "Jeff, Kara Zorel is the same name supergirl has"
"There is a supergirl? is that like superman?" He asked seeming unsure.
"Heh, she is his cousin, Kara he and the rest of my family don't know comics, I am a black sheep in that regard."

Kara seemed unsure of herself after that, with the inside joke being literally between family and Noel. She lazily stirred a jumbo shrimp in her cocktail sauce. "So... Basically, the Zorel family joke is, that since my name is Kara, the same as Supergirl... I could always fly Dad's work to him. And where the syllables split the name, you add a dash. That's why I capitalized the E in the middle of our last name. Guess that joke fell flat outside the family." She took a bite of the cocktail sauce ladened shrimp and gave a baby choke as she downed most of her mixed non-alcoholic drink, eyes watering and covering her running nose with the napkin.

Pat couldn't help it as she smirked at Noel. "Supergirl just found the red kryptonite. It's called homemade with horseradish sauce."

"Mom!" Kara blushed. "I forgot, okay?"

"Lightly dip from now on, eh, Kara?" Lenard chuckled, cutting his steak.

Kara decided to ignore the rest of her shrimp for now, and cut her own steak.

Lenard addressed Jeffrey. "You might have lucked out not getting involved in comics in another way. Running around with Candy Pop will take up most of your time on tour. Not to mention the sights missed if your nose is in a book."

Jeffery nodded as she explained.
"Oh! I see! sorry about that" He stated before starting to eat his food as well.

Noel patted Kara's back. "Do you want some of my water?" she offered while also starting to eat her salad.

Kara shook her head just as the waitress had returned to see if others needed refills. Kara nodded and squeaked. "Please? Half unsweetened tea, half Coca-Cola."

Elizabeth nodded and topped off Noel's water without asking. "Don't tell me... Too much cocktail sauce on a bite of shrimp?" As the hired help, this was a rhetorical question. This wasn't Elizabeth's first rodeo with a silly customer, after all. She was actually away from the table before anyone could answer her.

Noel gave a nod not knowing it would go unseen and even though her glass had already been filled. Her mouth full of food preventing her from giving an audio response.

Jeffery looked toward Lenard as he had been eating at a pace that allowed for conversation.
“Heh, well I I wish I could take credit for not getting into comics but I think it was more so that my family really encouraged a classic Jock mindset. Perhaps I’ll pick up a supergirl comic so I can get some of the jokes next time? However you raise a good point though I am sure if I plan things properly lots of sight seeing could be integrated with my work for Candy. Though, I admit it would be more of a Sudo sight seeing. What about you guys are you all well versed in that stuff? Did that have anything to do with how Kara got her name or was it a coincidence?” He asked in return before eating again so they could respond.

Lenard shook his head. "Nothing as complicated as that, although the heroine's civilian name and hers were a happy coincidence. Her name is Italian for Beloved or Dear; although we go with the more standard meaning of Pure." He then made a slight motion to Kara as he commented, "She explained it pretty well... If you ever question the joke, I'm sure Noel will be happy to explain it. I wouldn't waste money on the new issues. The little graphic books of Super Hero Girls... That's a different story."

Pat was the one to chime in regarding the touring. "Oh... Believe me when I say Candy will find you time to see the sights. Ask that one..." She pointed to Kara. "She was a Lollipop two summers straight."

After getting her refill, Kara went back to her steak, herself. However, she went back and forth between her steak and her shrimp... Now only lightly dabbed. Whilst chewing a particularly tough piece of steak, she added her butter to her potato, and the dressing to her salad.

Jeffery listened and nodded to each of them, Noel was happy to eat her food and listen, she was more then happy to not be the center of attention. Especially after the last few days.
“Got it, well Kara what do you think, should I bother trying to find side time for sight seeing or do you think it will resolve its self?” Jeffery asked eating still at a steady pace, though never speaking with food in his mouth.

Kara gave a light giggle. "Mom's right. Candy will find you time. I was so intent on practicing for the concert, along with the rest of the background singers, one time in South Dakota, that Candy came in and physically walked over and shut off the CD player. She then barked at us..." She then imitated Candy, sounding so much like her that if Jeffrey and Noel hadn't met the pop singer for themselves, they would have thought Kara was the pop star. "Y'all get your buns out to the bus right now. This can wait. We're ALL going to see Mt. Rushmore. Without exception. Move it." Returning to her regular voice, Kara quipped, "Sweet girl, but can be a real drill sergeant, sometimes."

“Hahaha” Jeffery let out a hardy chuckle at the impression.
“Good, I’ll feel right at home then, sometimes a little kick in the pants is just what us Sterlings need, right Noel?”

Noel giggled at Kara as well but stopped when Jeffery addressed her.
“Huh what?! I mean I don’t think that is totally true, uh maybe a little...” she admitted shyly.

Kara nodded. "A lot of people can't handle that. Or can't believe the sweet pop singer turns into freaking Scarlett from GI Joe if she wants people to take a break." She paused and looked at Jeffrey. "That is, if you heard of that classic cartoon..." She started eating some of her potato, with half her steak and shrimp still on the plate. "Imma hafta take dessert to go... And probably some of my entree."

Pat tutted her daughter. "I figured as much. You've ate some today. You have to be half starved to eat all of this, you know. I was wondering if you were going to be able to finish that." She then said to Noel. "She usually gets the special or the burger, like you did."

"That one I had heard of" Jeffery nodded confirming his knowledge of the old cartoon show.
"Heh, because knowledge is power" He joked.

"Oh heh, great minds think alike huh?" Noel smiled looking at Kara liking that she had ordered one of her usuals.
"Ha, and fools seldom differ" Jeffery joked with a smile, giving a playful wink to Noel.

Meanwhile, both Jeffery and Noel had finished every part of their meals.

Kara smirked. "Knowledge is power is from School House Rocky. The Joe's have And knowing is half the battle."

Elizabeth had returned to see if dessert had been wanted, Kara asked for a box to take the rest of dinner to go. She asked for the cheesecake with raspberry topping.

Lenard looked at the other two. He addressed Jeffrey. "I'm thinking Kara has the right idea, anyhow. She and Noel have school tomorrow, and it's after 8:30. We need to get together again, maybe you can come over, except Saturday... Unless you know you like Slovak cooking." He then got the Carmel cookie, as Pat opted for the triple layer carrot cake. To go. Both their plates were empty as well. Only Kara had anything left, but her potato and salad were gone.

Jeffery thought for a moment.
"Oh yeah, that's right! heh guess it has been a little while"

Noel spoke up as Lenard said she had school tomorrow.
"Oh the doctor said I can't go back right away, he said I had to wait a least a couple of days, and I think they wanted it for Kara as well"
Neither Noel nor Jeffery ordered a dessert, shaking their heads no when asked.
"No thanks I am fine" They stated.

Elizabeth looked at Jeffrey, after coming back with the desserts in a bag and the container for Kara to fill with her leftovers. "After you check in with the other boss, meaning Candy... Why don't you swing back over to the house. I personally won't be home until after one, maybe close to two, but my brother could always show you the other room, that is reserved for the day-to-day manager. That way you have a headquarters, so to speak."
--------------------------------------------------+--

Lenard hadn't let it sink in, the evening before, and even Pat wasn't positive Kara was excused... Until a call from Dr. Brinker at 7:00 sharp.

"Noel... It's for you. Dr. Brinker." Pat said calmly, before hollering up to the bathroom where water was running. "Kara! I don't think you've been excused yet! Get a move on, or you'll be late! I want you to eat breakfast!"

Jeffery nodded to Elizabeth.
"Thank you I will do just that" He nodded taking the information he needed before he had offered to pay for his meal and left, thanking them if they counter-offered.

------------------------------------------------------

"Oh umm, okay" Noel nodded taking the phone and placing it on her ear.
"Hello? Dr. Brinker? This is Noel"

Brinker was at her office at the police station, "I wanted to touch base with you, and arrange for our first session. Seeing as you were just discharged yesterday afternoon, I was hoping we can have your follow-up, as well as our first meeting. When is a good time? And would you prefer home or office?"

Dr. Brinker sighed as she could be heard writing. " I said her first day back could be Friday. She's to support you for the first few days out of the hospital. That would be today and tomorrow. It wasn't an order, per se, it was a recommendation. Why?"

Bloody hell! Kara! Wha th blink is holdin ya up, luv?! A bloody Outback dust storm?! Get yet heinie in gear an' down ere! An hour ago!" Pat bellowed in a strong Aussie accent.

Awkward silence. For a good minute or so.

"I guess that answers that." Brinker stated... Which still seemed quite awkward. After a clearing of her throat, she asked, "I have tomorrow (Thursday) 7am, noon and 4pm... And most of Friday except for the group PTSD session, here at the station at 1pm. Tell me what time you want and then hand me over to Pat. I'd like to speak to her about Kara."

Noel nodded even though obviously, Dr. Brinker could not know that as Brinker talked, staying silent until Brinker asked her about times.
"Oh umm I guess 7 am, I am a bit of a morning person." She admitted.

Noel could then be heard calling for Pat in the background before Pat would take the phone again.

"So tomorrow at seven, there. I have you down. Consider this your 24 hour notice, then. See you tomorrow."

Brinker then explained to Pat that she had recommended Kara stay near Noel for the first two days out of hospital, and now it's by her orders as Noel's psychologist. Or in layman's terms... Councilor. She then asked if Pat understood. And got a yes. Brinker reassured her that Kara would get a note with a full explanation of why Brinker wanted her at home for a few days.

After hanging up with Brinker, Pat saw Kara descending the steps in a yellow cotton short sleeve dress. "With cheerleading cancelled, I didn't really know what I wanted to wear..." She bemoaned.

"Lucky for you it didn't matter. Dr. Brinker doesn't want you to leave Noel alone through at least tomorrow."

Noel thanked her before saying bye and handing the phone to pat.

Noel looked up toward Kara coming down the stairs.
"I think you look lovely" She smiled, waiting for pat to deliver the news.

once she Had Noel smiled.
"We could stay in our pajamas all day if we wanted, unless there was somewhere you wanted to go?" She asked.

Pat snorted a chuckle. "Lenard would have kittens, and Dr. Brinker would probably deliver them, I let you two get away with that." She said. "Why don't you two think of something else to do, that doesn't involve going outside?"

Kara thanked Noel, before giving an eyebrow raise to the news. "I thought she only recommended it... Not that I'm complaining, mind you. That's actually fine. Nobody I really want to see there anyhoo." She then turned to Noel. "What do you want to do... Um... That doesn't involve changing back to our pajamas, as I don't think I wanna see Dad have kittens..." Another weird look toward her mom with a shake of her head.

Noel almost froze at their defiance of both of her idea's.
"Oh umm, I guess we can clean or umm watch tv or something? Maybe read or uhh, study?" She wasn't sure what to say but each answer seemed more and more nervous.

Kara came over and hugged Noel. Pat said, "Well there's two great ideas right there. I knew you didn't need any help from me." Pat smiled giving Noel a thumbs up.

Kara blinked. "There were four good ideas..."

"No, there were THREE, Kara. I've seen both your rooms. And look around down here. Hmm? Unless Noel trashed both your rooms, yet still managed to be down here... One was a real stinker."

"Well, with all the VCR tapes and DVDs in the house... We could watch TV. Do you have a favorite classic show? I'd have to go to the attic, but we got both of tons of shows. You already know I have Xena, Wonder Woman and some classic cartoon series in my room."

"Umm, maybe we could do little bits of many things, uhh, start with maybe a little snack before cleaning, then watch some shows as a break?" She offered, she wanted to make everyone happy.
"Though I am worried we might get sucked in from too good of a show, maybe just browse the tv?"

Back
Top Bottom