Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara nodded. "Exactly. Polo or button down top, with slacks or skirt. Since it is Outback, a non torn pair of jeans. Belt for the jeans, optional, jeans can't be skintight."

The Zorels arrived five minutes after Jeffrey, and the hostess at the front seated them. "Your server will be here shortly," she gave everyone a menu. "I recommend the New York Strip with baked potato and salad... Only because that's the special. Enjoy your dinner."

"Thanks a lot, Jeffrey. For everything. So glad Noel had you in her corner this week. Can you believe it's already Wednesday evening?"

Kara did a double take. She could have sworn Noel's coach had called last night and last night was Monday. Even Pat looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

Noel would have worn whatever Kara had suggested she wear.

Jeffery welcomed them when they arrived, pausing for a moment when he was asked about the date and quickly checking his phone to confirm or deny the statement before he replied.

Pat decided to say nothing, and Kara made a sign to Noel to not correct Lenard. She, herself, was pretty sure it was Tuesday, but with everything that happened, Lenard could be forgiven his wrong day.

Shortly, a blonde with a ponytail, came up to the table, which Jeffrey would immediately recognize as a member of the band. Her name tag would be a little misleading (yet make perfect sense, considering he knows her as Betty), as it says Elizabeth. "Are you all ready to order? I suggest starting with the Bloomin' Onion. What would you like to drink?"

Pat nodded. "Splendid idea. Yes, let's start with the Bloomin' Onion. I will have the sweet ice tea with lemon."

Kara knew her weird taste, and said, "What sodas are there?"

"Coke products." Betty Conrad answered.

"Half Coke, half unsweetened tea." She then shrugged, "Yeah... I got weird taste."

Betty giggled, "Honey, no weirder than some other tastes I've heard. You're fine." She then waited for the others after Lenard ordered coffee.

Jeffery after checking his phone would smile and look to Lenard.
"Heh, you almost got me with that, it's Tuesday still" He stated, playing it off like Lenard was joking with him.

Jeffery wouldn't bother her with band things at her work and simply order his drink,.

"Just Water for me please" Jeffery would state just before Noel would chime in.
"Same for me thanks"

Once she had left earshot Jeffery would speak up again.
"First of all thank you again for inviting me, I feel honored I was included, second this is a great chance we could use to discuss The Karaoke Party for Candy. If you are all wanting to that is"

"I'm definitely in." Kara said excited, starting to get a little pep back... But it would be a while before she'd go full anime on anyone, or bearhug, since she's recovering much like Noel.

"First off, is her old high school friend, a pop star in her own right, on board? If that's on, give us the scoop."

Pat would just listen intentively.

Jeffery smiled as he replied. "Yes, I was curious to get your take on if you all believe she would prefer a smaller get together with you all and her or if she would want the band in as well? I have sent word to her and am waiting on a reply, as soon as I know you will know" He assured.

"Another aspect I wanted to discuss is a song system, sure there is the classic everyone chooses a song and does it when they want, but what about a system where the songs are random, or someone else chooses a song for you, thoughts?" He asked.

Kara put a finger to her mouth. "Hmmm. Now Miss Candy would definitely want the band there. Probably not the Lollipops so much. The few other behind the scenes employees she has. You know. Basically her immediate family and us." Kara had not goofed. Candy herself even told Jeffrey that if you worked for her, you were family.

Elizabeth brought the drinks as Lenard, who had been the one to ask about the place, shook his head. "Our house would be overcrowded, and the neighbors would be over to pester her for autographs instead of letting her enjoy HER homecoming party."

The guitarist, doing her other job by bringing the drinks and Bloomin' Onion, cleared her throat a bit uneasily about coming over in the middle of what sounded like a surprise. "Are you ready to order, or do you need a little more time?"

Pat shook her head. "Lenard and I will have the special, medium on both. Italian dressing on both salads."

Kara said, "Surf and Turf, steak medium well. Extra cocktail sauce and baked potato, and salad with blue cheese, please."

Jeffery nodded and took notes as they made their comments, he turned and looked at Elizabeth as she arrived realizing she had overheard.

As Jeffery's turn came to order he smiled looking up at her.
"Oh yeah Betty, we are working on planning a little surprise for Candy, I was just working out the details before I send out the invites. Just try and keep it on the down-low. Also, I'll have the special medium as well but no dressing on the sides."

Noel's turn came and she paused for a moment.
"Can I have the world-famous Burger?" She asked pointing to the item on the menu.
"With a salad on the side and no dressing on it." She asked.

Betty had an aha moment as she got it. "Oh. Okay, on the mum's." Throat clearing. "So, that'll be three specials total, all medium, two with italian dressing one dry. The Surf and Turf medium well, extra cocktail sauce for the Surf portion, blue cheese dressing. World Famous Burger, salad dry. How would you like your burger, and what's your other side?" She looked over to Noel.

Jeffery nodded before looking toward Noel for her reply.

Noel paused for a moment before she answered.
“Umm, oh! Uhh, sorry, medium well and my other side...” she looked at the menu scanning it for a second.
“Potato wedges”

Betty gave an approving grin as she added the notes. "Thank you, and enjoy the appetizer." She headed to the kitchen to put in everyone's order, before checking on her other customers.

Kara took some of the Bloomin'Onion and chewed lazily on it. "If Ms. Cara says no, I think I might have a plan b for you. Since Miss Candy doesn't like karaoke bars, perhaps the band can help at the house they all share. It's spacious enough, being almost twice the size of ours. Have you seen it yet, Jeffrey?"

He shook his head.
"No I haven't, but I will bring that up, though I never intended to have this at a bar, I was thinking of a more personal environment, Also I want to circle back to the song choice idea, should we stick with everyone picking their own music or do the friend pick or finally just let it be random?"

"Umm, I don't know if I have the ability to sing random songs..." Noel spoke up albeit quietly.

"Yeah," Kara chimed in. "And friends usually go with songs they like or know... Which may be out of a person's octave range." She had to be speaking from experience.

Jeffery nodded.
"That is a good point, what about a suggestion system, where people can suggest a song, but in the end the singer picks?"

"Well I think people would still only ever want to pick their own songs or feel pressured into doing a song they don't want to do, but maybe if there was like songs you could sig for prizes, so no one is targeted but when people feel up to trying then they can do so with the motivation of a prize?" Noel suggested.

Kara thought for a minute (or two) before finally nodding. "Thinking like Miss Candy, that's something she'd like. Of course, since she's who this is for." She continued munching on pieces of the Bloomin' Onion, after dipping it in the special dip that came with it... Along with Pat. Lenard hadn't taken one piece yet, looking at Noel and Jeffrey, than the monster cut deep fried onion on the plate, then back to them. He still hadn't even cleared his throat. Just looked. He glanced over to Noel as she spoke. "Now there's something I could get behind. From what Kara told me, hopefully one of those prize songs is either from the Beatles or Monkees, so that you could win something, Noel." He then looked at the Bloomin' Onion again. He seemed determined not to get any before the other two at least took one of the many strips of fried onion that made up the whole.

Both Noel and Jeffery seemed to continue on with the conversation without even glancing at the fried onion.

"Hmm, so that sounds pretty good to me, then we should decide how many prizes, how many songs, and if the songs and prizes are linked or if it's a list of songs and a list of prizes, but you can get any prize from any song" Jeffery stated still taking the occasional notes as they had made decisions.

"Oh! I think we should have the same amount of songs and prizes as there are people going to the party, so everyone can have a chance at one in the very least" Noel suggested.

Kara choked on her piece of onion, because she couldn't say "Seconded!" soon enough.

Lenard chuckled as he saw 'Elizabeth' approach with the food. "Heads up, all, here comes the meals."

Like the professional waitress she was, she rattled off the meals as she placed them in front of each diner. Noel and her hamburger. Jeffrey with his special and dry salad, Lenard and Pat with their specials with Italian dressing for their salads, and finally Kara's Surf and Turf with blue cheese dressing for her salad. She asked if anyone needed a refill, and Lenard nodded, pointing to his almost empty coffee cup, which was promptly topped off.

Noel panicked as she saw Kara choke, motioning to help her before she seemed fine, she let out a sigh of relief.

Jeffery chuckled almost in sync with Lenard, then also asked for a refill on his water, which was simple as they usually had a pitcher of ice water on them or near them.
"thanks"

"Thank you" Noel gestured as she got her food starting off with checking the burger and salad before eating.

It was likewise for Jeffrey's water to be topped off, before she was off to check on other tables nearby. As it was near eight pm, business, as they say, was starting to pick up.

"Let's put the work aside for now..." Lenard commented, "Obvious you want to prove yourself to Candy, but I think she sent you here to be with your sister and us... So, tell us about yourself."

Even Kara and Pat were suddenly more ears than they had been, although both were listening to the party plans for when Candy got out of the hospital in a day or two.

Jeffery nodded.
"Of course, sometimes I forget to turn off the old business brain. Well as you all know name Jeffery, brother to Noella, I am the youngest of the three boys in our family, Noel being the youngest of all our siblings. As I am sure you know Noel and I grew up learning martial arts from our father, though my brothers and I went to public school where Noel was homeschooled" He explained pausing for a moment.

"But I am not sure if that was the kind of information you were hoping for, did you have any more specific questions?" He asked.

"Our family is steeped in our traditions, for example, meals are family times. We share cooking chores, as in everyone takes turn cooking. We have a very traditional Slovak family dinner every Saturday night, because of Dad and his ancestral land. For example, that's where our last name comes from. Slovakia. Zorel, as you may or may not know, is the correct spelling and pronunciation of a familiar last name, Americanized to Sorrel, with the much softer constanant sound." Kara explained. "So like ancestral land traditions that maybe other members do? And like hobbies and such." She then smirked. "We already know where you work and who for and what you do."

"And we occasionally do places like the Outback, or have home cooked Australian fare, as that's where I'm from, originally." Pat explained.

Then both mother and daughter fell silent, so Jeffrey could expound on his previous touch on his backstory. Mainly because Lenard silenced both with a stern look.

Jeffery smiled and listened to every word.
"Oh, I never would have guessed" He smiled referring to Pat's origin.

"Well when it comes to that sort of thing, as I am sure Noel has explained some things, but our family mostly simply ate what mother made and father had decided. Usually, high protein as we burnt through a lot of energy without training. Though since Noel was often helping in the kitchen she would know more about our food life, I just ate it." He claimed.

"And we were all born in Canada, though our mother hails from England, and our father from somewhere in Europe, we aren't sure he moved a lot when young and is disconnected from our grandparents and his brothers on his side" He added wanting to cover both ends of the information they had stated.

"That's a shame." Lenard sighed with a head shake. "I work for the National Weather Service of the greater Seattle area. You'll be surprised the size of the area we cover. I have a home office and go to work at the main one. If I get the promotion, we'll be off for Norman, Oklahoma after school lets out." He looked at Kara. "Different set of circumstances, there, but I HOPE I can still count on you, my little weather forecaster wannabe, to send information from my home office to the main one on the Oklahoma State University campus."

Kara just smirked, "Of course, Dad. Maybe I'll surprise everyone and fly it there, just for the fun of it!" She added a wink to Noel, who shared in the family inside joke... That Jeffrey was sure to catch if he put her first and last name together.

Noel let out a light giggle at Kara's comment, though Jeffery didn't seem to get it.
"Wait, I thought the idea was that you guys would move out there if you got the job?" Noel questioned.

Lenard chuckled. "I already work for them, Noel. The promotion I'm up for is supervisor, and IT'S in Norman, Oklahoma. I haven't gotten THAT... Meaning the promotion."

Kara noticed Jeffrey's look and wrote her first and last name together on a napkin and passed it to him. "Who else do you know with the name Kara ZorEl? She purposely left off the hyphen, yet capitalized the E.

Back
Top Bottom