Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Pat smirked. "Not quite, but you're on the right track. Saturday walks in the park , specifically in the summer, where you could possibly buy ice cream from an Italian vendor, driving an ice cream cart. He's the one singing. Along the way, watching others enjoying themselves as well, possibly stopping to listen to a guy strumming the guitar and singing. If it is the fourth, watching the parade from the park. Of course watching the fireworks from there, too. At the time of the classic song, the way you would have been asked if you comprehend, or can see it as well, would be, 'Can you dig it?' Spending the entire Saturday in the park."

Noel smiled and nodded as she listened.
"Oh, that sounds like an amazing day, umm sorry I guess I am just a little nervous about that stuff. I don't think I have ever been on a date before"

"It's ok, Noel... Kara's never been on her perfect one... Bonnie came close a few times... With a picnic."

"Yeah." Kara sighed. "The ants ruined it first. Then we had a thunderstorm. Then a bear freaked us both out."

Christine winced. "Yeah, that would definitely scare the bejeepers out of anyone. Definitely NOT a perfect date."

"Whoa, a bear! Yeah, I would say that is terrifying, what kind of bear?" she asked curiously.

"You know you have to do different things based on what kind of bear it is." She stated.

Last edited:
Kara shrugged. "I... Uhhh... Well, we didn't exactly stick around, and I wasn't about to ask, y'know? I just grabbed Bonnie and ran... You ever see the comic series Marmaduke? About that Great Dane? Let's just say I was Marmaduke and Bonnie was whoever was on the other end of the leash. Bonnie was definitely the one levitating, if ya know what I mean."

Maria and Christine were both laughing. "I can definitely picture that! Surprised you didn't get ticketed for speeding, Kara!" Christine laughed.

Kara had her parents laughing next when she said to the officer, "Who said I didn't, detective? First time ever I out ran a bear!"

Noel giggled along with each step of the conversation happy to simply listen to them all bouncing off one another. That is until they finish Noel decided to speak up and join.
"Hehe, that poor girl's arm, you must have nearly pulled it from its socket. Though I can picture it now after you run the bear absentmindedly looks at you then goes about its business, meanwhile, you left one of those smoke outlines of your image behind." Noel's accent snuck in a bit more as she talked and tried to stifle her giggle.

Soon after Jeffery arrived, knocking on the door as he saw everyone inside. "Hey there, Candy just went into surgery, so I thought I would stop in. Also hey Tiny how yeah feeling" Jeffery waved to Noel who responded with a tongue sticking out at him.
"Glad to hear it, anyway I was hoping to set up a little surprise party for Candy, and seeing how music seems to be a connecting thread, in particular singing, it would be a karaoke party. Though there is still plenty that needs to be done, such as who is there, where it is, and when, any ideas?" He asked the group.
"Oh also Kara, mind if I speak to you out in the hall for a moment?" In which Noel gave him a curious look at that request.

Kara shook her head as she also laughed. "Thankfully, no. I didn't put her arm in a sling, because knowing her... If I had, my ass would've been in one, too." She sighed with a sad chuckle. "I wonder if she's laughing about it now." She smiled at Noel. "I just hope we end up with a situation we can laugh about together." She gave Noel a sweet kiss.

As Jeffrey came in and explained the outline of what sounded like a great idea for a different friend (and ex-boss), Kara seemed intrigued. She blinked and looked at him confused for a moment, as the first part hadn't really sank in yet. Finally, she looked at Noel. "Two summers as one of her back up singers, who else would know what she likes and some of her artist friends?"

She nodded to Jeffrey. "Okay, but we'll have to borrow one of the guards, and have our talk in the waiting room." Obviously, she was trying to be careful not to alarm Noel too much.

Christine, on the other hand, wasn't aware of what Kara was trying to do. Sternly, she stated, "Glad you said it, because I would have. For both yours and Jeffrey's sakes. I kinda like the guy myself... Too bad Candy Pop saw him first! Anyone who looks out for his sister like that is a real catch!"

Kara gave her a questioning look along with a frown. "Uh. We'll be right back." She then led the way to the waiting room, said something to one of the guards who nodded and followed, leaving Detective Andersen to clean up the mess she just made as now Pat (another worrywart) stared at her with obvious questions showing in her eyes.

Noel blushed lightly as Kara gave her that sweet kiss, still a little embarrassed to do that kind of thing in front of others, but enjoying it none the less.
"Umm yeah, I am sure we will, though I personally won't go looking for bears to run away from, as I don't think even I can outrun them if they actually chase" She smiled still a little shy.

Jeffery smiled and nodded as she asked to bring a guard with them.
"Well I will try and hide my hurt that you think I am not enough protection," He said jokingly with a wink, though he made a pretty good point, as he was just over six feet and built like a brick shithouse.

----

Once Jeffer and Kara left.

Noel looked at the others and was clearly trying to act calm.
"So umm, wh-what uhh do you think they are talking about?" She asked, looking up at the others.

Once they arrived in the waiting room Jeffery got them both to sit in chairs beside one another as he spoke, so they could be closer at head height.
"So as the former most expert on Noel and her, well, coping systems... I thought I might share some advice, that I figure would be better out of her earshot." He stated in more of a whisper but was loud enough to be heard clearly.
"She in previous instances is a bit of a roller coaster, at first, well, why she is still here, then as today it seems, and possibly for some time will appear as all is well and dandy. But if I were a betting man I'd say sooner or later she might fall again, the longer it takes the harder the fall will probably be. If you are ever in a scenario where you just can't seem to get her to, well spark for lack of a better term, she has a sort of weakness. Kittens, especially live in person, melts every time and it will bring joy immediately. Though not saying buy one, just maybe bring her to a pet store that might have them." He explained then sat back with a smile.
"That I think is it, an emergency measure if you miss that smile of hers for some time, the genuine one not her, yeah I am totally okay don't worry about me lier smile"

Kara chuckled. "That's ironic. I have a cat... Well, an adult cat... Named Tabby. Orange tiger also known as a tabby. I think she'll be fine." She frowned and mock scolded, waving a finger at him. "Like I told her, no wisecracks about her name... I was eight." She sighed. "I had been thinking of getting a younger one though. Company for her in her old age. So, getting a kitten probably would end up happening anyway. Maybe we should do that as a first date. We really haven't had one.

Now about the party... How big or small do you want it? Oh... She's not a fan of karaoke bars, as she's allergic to most cigarettes, especially menthol. Hmm. Try her old school friend... Cara, I think is her last name... Yeah. Alessia Cara. She's got a gazebo. Good place for the karaoke setup, if she's in. Just a minute..." She sent a text quickly to her dad. You still got Ms. Cara's business card?

Of course! I collect business cards. You know that, Kara. Why?

Jeffrey needs her number for the party idea. The gazebo would be perfect! 😍

Hmm. Yes it would. If she agrees... Alright. Have Jeffrey give me his number. I'll text it to him.

Kara, smirking, said, "See dad about getting the number. You let her know it's for her old school buddy Candy as a pick-me-up after surgery... She just might. I mean, she has to have known by now. Aaannd we're back to even. You gave me a heads-up on what will melt Noel... I gave you means for your surprise party." Her grin would be nearly unnerving. "And I know. Not a word to the guest of honor." She arose. "Is that it? Cuz I don't think I have any questions. Regarding Noel, that is."

Pat glanced over to Noel. "Probably the surprise he just sprung on us? I mean, Kara does know Candy pretty well. Jeffrey just met her face to face."

She turned back to Christine. "Why would Kara and Jeffrey need a guard near them?" She turned to Lenard. "What happened this morning?"

Lenard sighed. "We got ambushed in a sense by those mens' seedy lawyer, just as we arrived. Something about having us arrested for harboring a felon." He whispered it to his wife so Noel wouldn't hear, but she would hear Pat go off in a strong Australian accent.

"Th' unmitigated gall. There's a fine kettle. Callin' the pot black, that won't do! Oo's th' real victims, eh?"

Christine grabbed Pat. "Calm down. It was a scare tactic to make Noel and Maria drop their charges... But they won't..." She turned to look at Noel and Maria. "Right girls? Those kidnappers are going to jail for a long time." She knew more happened to both, but just the kidnapping would be enough to warrant the self-defense plea.

Jeffery nodded as she talked, pausing, and waiting for her to text before smiling.
"That sounds perfect, I'll get his number from you, and then once I get in contact with her we can hash that out." he nodded prepping his phone for the number as he replied to her, smiling at her devilish grin.
"Of course won't be much of a surprise otherwise. And I am glad, though I was closer to her than the rest of my family, I am sure she is finding it much easier to open up to you, sadly we were basically taught to be closed off, so it's nice to see. As for me? I have plenty of questions about more details for the party, but if I get your number and that other friend of yours I am sure we can figure that all out via text." He assured her.
"Tell Tiny I said she better get better soon"

Noel nodded at Pat's suggestion, though she didn't get why he wouldn't be able to say that in front of her she assumed it was just something she had overlooked. Though the question about the guard perked her interest again. Not hearing Lenard's reply but Pat's certainly made her nervous. She hesitated in Christine's question but did answer.
"Umm y-yeah, they have to after what happened... right?" She asked, though didn't seem confident.

Christine nodded back, "Right-o, luv. Now. That's settled." She looked again at Pat. "Settled, y'hear?"

Pat nodded. She watched Kara and Jeffrey finish up.

There in the waiting room, Kara gave Jeffrey her dad's number. "Was hoping you two would exchange numbers so he would have your number at the same time. That way he can contact you instead of the hospital, since we're the primary emergency number now. I'm just hoping it won't be needed for that." She then smirked. "I think Noel will be fine... She's got plenty of support. Including from Detective Andersen and Dr. Brinker."

Jeffery gave her a nod. "I will send him a message now so that he has my number, so no worries there. And I hope you are right, her previous support group was basically just me, and obviously, I didn't do the best of jobs so, good luck." He gave her a smile, sent the message on his phone then started to walk away before turning back.
"oh! and don't you go breaking her heart, He has had enough of that." He told her in a vaguely ominous tone before leaving to continue his errands.

Noel would look to Christine hesitating before speaking up. "Oh umm, do you know when I will be able to get my phone back, I umm had left it in the van," She asked, her phone had been taken in as evidence for the case.

Kara had nodded her understanding. "He won't answer back right away, not since mom just went off." She shook her head. "I can relate to the broken heart. And I wouldn't dream of it; not on purpose, anyhoo." She wouldn't dream of it period. She then hung her head slightly. "Wish I could go with y'all on that European tour. You guys will have a blast. Different city every week, starting in late March... Unless Miss Candy... Errr... Wrote different?" She hadn't mentioned it at all, taking everything a step at a time. Something Kara should have remembered.

In the room, Christine looked over to Noel and sadly shook her head. "Might want to just get a new phone. I know they aren't cheap, but it could be months until the trial. I thought someone told you it was evidence? All I need is another dumb partner... You and Maria have to recover enough before it can even start, but rest assured, their trial on their crimes will be before the civil case can be heard."

Jeffery stopped as she replied and he turned his head back as she finished.
"I am sure she would have loved to have you along, though I am also sure she wants you to finish your education first as well. I can bring it up to her if you wish, or you can ask her at the party if you really want to go. I am sure she can find a job for you" He told her then continued off assuming she had nothing else to add.

Noel seemed a little surprised by the fact that she would need to get a new phone, but nodded her head before responding somberly.
"Oh, umm, okay I guess" After that she seemed to get a little lost in her own head.

Kara shook her head. "Jeff, please. You just warned me not to break Noel's heart... What do you think all that worrying about me will do? I know that won't be what's best for Noel. My parents may be supportive, but they can't always be there like I could... I just hope I don't turn into a younger sister to her. Well, I'm headed back to her room."

She brought the guard back to stand at the door and went in to see her Mom fuming. Noel lost in her own thoughts. Christine looking like she just got HER heart broken. Lenard sitting in a chair across from Noel and asked, "What's cooking upstairs with you, Chef?" Well, she figured everyone would eventually get a nickname... And since she was 'sport', and Noel had proven how delicious her meals were.... Chef seemed the perfect nickname. Kara walked over towards Christine to find out her perspective first, since Dad wanted Noel's input.

Jeff nodded. "Well, I would have assumed she would go as well, maybe as your bodyguard? but no matter, you two be safe and stay in touch, hopefully, we can get this karaoke thing all set up." He stated before they parted ways.

Noel looked up hearing this before looking around.
"Huh? me? Chef?" Noel seemed confused about her nickname and didn't seem to get the question either or was distracted by the nickname. She also hadn't noticed Kara walk in yet.

Lenard chuckled. "Of course, you. You made us two great meals. One with just a little help from Pat, to hear her say it. So... Since Kara is already Sport... You're Chef... So... What's cooking? You seemed lost in thought about something, and I'm a curious sort about people I care about."

Seemed the detective was tied up in knots that Noel couldn't have her phone, and lamented about Canyon, her partner, having one job... And that was to tell Noel that her phone was evidence and she wouldn't see it for months. "One job" kept coming up a LOT in her conversation. Yes, the good detective definitely had her heart broken. Kara gave her a pat on the back.

What Noel said next would likely not make Christine feel any better. She also looked up a little bashfully as Lenard said that he cared about her.
"Oh, well umm, mostly like, my phone and what all I had on it, like photos and stuff. And then I kinda got lost in thinking about how I lost it, and that whole thing" She kind of mumbled the last part but it would have still been understandable.

Lenard nodded. "At least it's not gone forever, like what happens in stealing. Detective Andersen did say you'll get it back after the trial. In the meanwhile, why don't I take you girls to the phone store to get you replacements." He then whispered for Noel's ears only, "Kara badly needs one. She hasn't gotten a new phone in ages. The one she has is as old as her cat! Ten years old!"

Christine did feel worse and promised Robert Canyon was going to feel her wrath for flaking on his responsibility. She also regretted not checking with Noel sooner, to see if she HAD been told.

Noel couldn't help but let out a little giggle at his whisper.
"Okay, that sounds like it could be fun" She smiled, the mention of Kara also made her look around and notice that Kara had returned.
"Oh! Kara, your back!" She smiled at the sight of her friend.

Kara looked at her and started trying to reach around slapping on her own back, and spun trying to see her back, "My back? My back? My back?! What's on it? Someone get it off! I hope it's no icky spider or slithering snake!"

Christine sighed. "Gimme a break, Kara, you're not a stereotypical blonde..." She groaned.

Even Pat groaned in exasperation. "Really, Kara. Anything to try to steal a laugh, right? Not funny."

"I knew that." She said with a smirk and wink. Was trying to lighten the mood, but I guess Mom and the detective didn't like my small attempt at humor."

Screenshot_20201024-090709.png

Noel looked back and forth as the others pinged jokes to and from one another. She simply sat there and like Lenard had stated, enjoyed the show. Once Kara came toward her she got a little excited that she might be coming over so they could hold one another, but then simply held back that desire as she replied.
"Oh umm, that is a muppets reference, right? Would that make me miss piggy? What are you trying to say?" She placed her hands on her hips in an accusatory fashion.

Kara sort of mock pouted. "Probably more the guest star that has to put up with the madness, as I can show you from the original that dad has on VHS... Several times those guest stars gave just as well as they received. I especially like how Rita Moreno got back at Animal... Just by singing. I'm usually stuck playing the straight man. Who was more of a straight man among those loonies besides Kermit, their host? Besides... Miss Piggy always threw herself at 'Kermie', I'd hope ours is more mutual than THAT."

Lenard nodded. "Yup. If she wasn't throwing herself at him... She was throwing him across the room. Talk about a Yandere."

Kara smirked. "Dad finally learned some anime lingo..." She then tried to sneak a little closer. "You're definitely not Miss Piggy... Dad's right, she's definitely a Yandere type girl." She then asked practically sheepishly, "That's not you, right?"

Back
Top Bottom