Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

"That it can..." Pat nodded, remarking out loud regarding the last part of the statement. She sat there quietly, just being a motherly presence for Noel.

Meanwhile, the coach called the house, getting Lenard. This good news couldn't wait until tomorrow in Lenard's opinion.

The dinging text caught Pat's attention, and she checked. She shook her head and looked at Noel with an unmistakable grin. "Congratulations are in order, Noel. Lenard just got off the phone with your coach. You've made the starting lineup as point guard!"

Noel laid there and relaxed a little, not wanting to cause an awkward silence but also not knowing what to say or do. She even started to dose off when the ding of Pat's phone snapped her out of it. Her heart immediately sank, what if Kara had been hurt or something? But as Pat smiled and said it was good news a sense of relief came across her.

"Oh good, umm that is a relief, though I don't know if I will be allowed to play or even practice for a bit based on what the doctors are saying." She said as her eyes started to close but she forced them open. "So I hope all this hospital stuff doesn't mess up the dinner schedules too much."

Pat shook her head. "From what I've been hearing on the medical/physical side, you would probably be cleared to practice next week. I've been hearing the same thing as far as psychological/ mental. I say, don't let their worry psyche you out of being on the team and performing at an athletic level. Mind doctors don't understand the body." She smiled. She also hoped Noel caught the little barb she just zinged at all psychoanalysts in general. Including Allison Brinker.

Noel nodded her head.
"Okay, and umm heh, yeah that makes sense" She gave a light chuckle at her statement. She paused for a moment before speaking up again.
"Umm I don't know if I had Thanked you and your family enough for all you have done for me, I don't know what to say or do. You are all just so nice to me and... I don't know if I deserve it, is that weird?"

Pat shook her head. "Thing is, you do deserve it. Everyone deserves acts of kindness. I think I might just text Lenard to go up to the attic and see if he can find Kara's old DVDs of Book of Virtues series." She smiled. "So you can get copies of them to send to your dad, cuz he taught you wrong." She watched for a few moments before adding, "Try to go ahead and rest. I'll be right here all night."

Noel blushed a little as Pat said she deserved it, then looked down ashamed as she mentioned her father not teaching her properly.
"Yeah, I know we make him sound like a boogyman, but don't get the wrong idea, he isn't evil and he does love us. It's just he is really set in his ways you know?" She tried to stand up for her father, but in her voice, it could be heard she wasn't fully confident in what she spoke.
"But umm okay, yeah, I am getting pretty tired" she laid back a little more and closed her eyes.
"What about you, aren't you going to need rest?" she asked.

Pat smirked. "I just said I'd be here all night. I didn't say I wouldn't nod off." She gave a wink as she leaned back in her chair, watching for Noel to go to sleep first.

Early the next morning, Christine arrived to sit in the waiting room. Allison Brinker went to the designated room to await the hospital appointed doctor and the six a.m. staff meeting with her and the other doctors. Noel was to be "officially" turned over to Brinker, as well as getting the information the other doctor had been working on so Brinker could get certain papers and information from the asylum. Noel would only then have to wait until Brinker got back to the hospital either before or just after lunch.

Noel would be getting woken up for breakfast at this point.

Noel smiled as she got comfy in the bed, happy that Pat wouldn't be sacrificing her night's sleep. Though throughout the night Pat may have noticed Noel mumbling in her sleep as well as seeming to grip at the bed if she hadn't slept through it all.

Once the morning came everything seemed to go smoothly for Brinker, the proper people met her at the appropriate times to sign the needed paperwork, all they would need is a few signatures from Noel and it would all be official. Though there were some issues getting the papers and notes from the Asylum, they want her to come down to pick it up manually, claiming they don't send that information via email for security reasons. It would be at least a day's drive to go and get them.

Noel was having a rough night, still asleep as breakfast was about to come but the more the hospital seemed to liven up the more she seemed to speak in her sleep, it was escalating quickly and it seemed like she might start to scream soon. Words mostly incoherent except for the occasional NO!

Pat had been speaking softly to Noel, saying it was alright, she was only dreaming, and called for the head nurse and Christine.

With Brinker already on her way to the Asylum, and Kara not allowed to visit (thereby help) until 7am, Pat was at a loss as to what exactly to do.

Christine advised strongly not to restrain Noel as it just made things worse last time, and called Jeffrey. Candy, by now, was being prepped for surgery, and wouldn't have been able to sing a note anyhow.

"Classic television theme song!" A nurse ordered, pushing Kara in front of the PA system microphone.

"Which?"

"I don't care! Gilligan's Island! Just sing!" The nurse stated, maybe a little too harshly.

Lenard whispered something to Kara who nodded, and Lenard provided harmonica background, and Kara started.

Love
Exciting and new
Come aboard
We're expecting you
And love
Life's sweetest reward
Let it flow
It floats back to you.... The Love Boat
Soon will be making another run
The Love Boat
Promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure
Your mind on a new romance
And love
Won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile
On a friendly shore
Yes Iove...
It's love...

Kara had a couple of other 70s memorable themes... Three actually... If needed.

Noel seemed to still be resisting as Pat tried to calm her, though as she held her and Kara's music over the comms seemed to calm her down. Though she started to cling to Pat's arm and mumble Kara's name. By the end of the song she was into a gentle sleep and it seemed safe to wake her.

The nurse finally got the tray from the cart as Pat gently nudged Noel. "Wakey, wakey... Eggs and bakey!" Pat said like she did to Kara when she was younger.

"Actually... I think she asked for waffles too. Too heavy to be just eggs and bacon." The nurse answered, one eye closed.

Christine stopped at the door. "I got Jeffrey's answering service."

Kara had arrived. "That may be because he had to call that Knight lady so they'd have a decent lawyer. Miss Candy set it up. Phone number and everything."

Noel woke rather gently this time it seemed.
"Oh it's late, I must have slept in, guess I overslept because I am still a bit tired was," She said looking around and rubbing her eyes as Kara and the others walked in the room.
"Oh hey!" She seemed to perk up as she saw Kara arrive,

"That's as far as she comes until you finish breakfast." The nurse said sternly yet a hint of gentleness, as she raised the bed, so Noel could sit up. The nurse swung the bed table across it so Noel could eat breakfast.

"Oh umm okay, though it feels kind of weird to eat alone while everyone is standing here, can others eat with me at least?" she asked, not seeming to have picked up on the hint of gentleness and being quite intimidated by it. Though after saying that she picked up her utensils and was seemingly ready to eat but looked at the others for a response.

Christine grabbed Kara's shoulder. "Actually, Noel, I need to talk with Kara and Pat. This would be a good time, that way you can eat in peace. Nothing you need to concern yourself with. Just know it's related to your case, but nothing you did." She then looked at Pat and pointed down the hall. "If you feel like talking to me after I talk to them... I'm game." She said with a reassuring smile. "Kara can visit you at 7am, when visiting hours actually start."

Noel nodding knowing even if she didn't agree it wouldn't matter. "Yeah okay, privacy will work as well" She responded, waiting for them to leave before she started to eat.

Kara came back in the room, half-hour later and groaned a sigh as she leaned against the doorframe. Christine patted her hand and went on in. "Royal mess. Just hope your brother visits you later. I won't say anything else right now. If you ask Kara, which I suggest you refrain from... Prepare yourself to be hip deep. Don't say you weren't warned. That's all I want to discuss of the case."

She went over to check on how Maria was doing, who wanted to know what was going on, and Christine sighed and put up her hands in mock surrender and even told HER it was best not to get involved just yet. "But I was a victim and witness, too!"

"And that's why it's so complicated. You two are the real victims here. We, meaning the Seattle police, have a restraining order active now against them and their seedy lawyer. They can't come anywhere near this room as long as either of you are in it, and there's two armed guards here 24/7 now. Let's talk how YOU'RE doing, without going into the case, please."

Maria nodded and the two talked quietly for quite a while.

Noel kept quiet as Christine came in and went off on her speech. Once she had stopped and started to talk with Maria quietly Noel turned and looked to Kara.

“Hey, umm so I think I’ll be able to come home today, though I did have some nightmares. But I don’t think that like I acted out or anything, umm also the dream became a little better just before I woke up.” She told her, reaching out toward her.

Kara walked over slowly and took the chair at the very head of the bed, normally used by Dr. Brinker, who was on an errand that would take most the day. "That's the rumor.." Kara teased with a wink and smirk. "Probably not too long after your hospital doctor visits you would be my guess." She didn't know the doctor would also be waiting on confirmation from Allison Brinker that she had the files on Noel and was on her way back home... Which wouldn't be until after lunch, sometime. It did depend on if she came in to talk with her, personally, and not just the nurses.

(Don't forget that doctor is yours. ;) )

Like as if on cue a nurse had walked in, Noel having just finished her breakfast.
"Good morning Noel, I am glad to see you had a better sleep last night." The nurse grabbed the empty dishes and put them on her tray as she continued to speak.
"I know you must be wondering about how much longer you need to stay before you can go. Well, unfortunately, there was a slight snag, as your Doctor must await confirmation on a Dr. Brinker, who is on her way to pick up some necessary papers to get your information. But she should be back later today, but feel free to get changed into some clothes and prepare to leave when you are ready." She walked out after catching them up.

Noel nodded and raised a hand to thank the nurse.
"Thank you, umm, the food was great, please let me know when I can go" The nurse gave her a nod just before exiting the doorway.
"So umm Kara so, how did you sleep last night?" she asked.

------

Meanwhile, at the psychiatric ward, Brinker would see a lady sitting at the front desk, typing on the computer.

7am
Kara shrugged. "Dad got a call from your coach... Swear he's more excited. Reminds me when I made the squad freshman year, and then captain the year after."

1045am (you said it was a long drive)

Dr. Brinker walked up to the receptionist and produced the papers the hospital doctor had given her, as well as her own credentials as a licensed psychologist/psychoanalyst for Washington State. As if that wouldn't be enough (better over prepared than not prepared enough, giving away by action she had been a girl scout), her badge with the Seattle Police Department found It's way out, and onto the desk. "I'm here for the paperwork on the mentioned patient. Please."

7 am
Noel smiled. "Well that is nice but I am more curious about you, are you okay? I can't imagine this was any easier on you then it was on me" She asked seeming concerned.

10:45 am
The nurse looked down through some papers for a moment, then at the information she gave, typed something into the computer, looked at it then back at her.
"Excellent, just one moment, and I will get the nurse that is to hand over everything you need." She told her, reaching for the phone and making a call.

11:00 am
Not long after that, an older looking nurse came in and beckoned her over.
"Dr. Brinker, over, this way, follow me," She told her. Once they were walking she quickly introduced herself.
"I am a nurse, Joyance and along with the paperwork, there are a few things regarding Noella you should know. But first, do you have any questions?" She asked as they traveled down a hallway that was clearly for staff and not patients.

7am

Kara shrugged again. "I think I'll be more at ease when you're dressed and ready to beat a hasty retreat outta Dodge." She tried to sound like right out of an old time western movie.

This caused Maria to giggle and Christine to glance over, saying, "Reckon what the sheriff is meaning to say, li'l lady, is she'll be happy to be normal after you're discharged. Until then, she's just as nervous." Well, if John Wayne had been Australian... That attempted imitation would've worked.

11am

Brinker took mental notes of direction and turns as they went down the halls. "I figured staff would want to be closer to their patients. This feels a bit cold and distant. Shouldn't the patient have a say in how often they see their doctors in a facility such as this? Do they at least have a room where they can gather, like a TV or game room? Or a cafeteria, where they can visit with the other clients? Seems like a good distance just to gather Miss Sterling's paperwork. And she prefers Noel, now." In her mind, Dr. Allison Brinker was seeing why, however, she kept that thought to herself, as she had no evidence to back that up. The distance and coldness of the staff completely separate from the patients made her wonder if the patients had any freedoms.

7 am
Noel let out a little giggle as well.
"Heh, I reckon that would make us both happy then a, umm, pig a feedin time" She tried to use the accent as well, though, with hers, more of her British accent snuck out than the old western one. She reached for her clothes and looked around. "Umm Kara could you help, I am still feeling a bit weak from all this laying around," She asked.

11:00 am

"Do not worry, this area is mostly for storage and for, patience that proves a danger to others. Most patients stay in another area, but we are here for the security room." She explained as she led her into a room she had to unlock with a key. Inside were several monitors, she moved over to a table and pulled a flash drive from a drawer.
"We record our patients who have a risk of self-harm for their safety, this drive has Noel's recording." SHe explained offering it to her.
"You can watch them here or just take the drive, it's up to you"

Kara blushed, but finally nodded. She was only helping Noel dress, they were both girls. It wasn't like they were that different. She remembered the scar and quickly glanced over to Christine who had once again had captured Maria in conversation where neither were looking their way. Not wanting to take chances, she asked the nurse to pull the curtain around the bed for privacy, which was easily done.

11am

Brinker thought about it. She would most likely get it back... Either that or the doctor would insist they watch it together. "Self harm? Considering how she was brought up, to blame herself, that doesn't surprise me. However, she has a stable environment now. Something I'm not sure she's used to having by interactions I've witnessed. On a brighter note... The Zorels are very supportive and understanding of her... Idiosyncrasies, let's call them. No, I best wait until I get back to Seattle, as my colleague is waiting for these, and I will probably be 'invited' to watch it with her. I don't want to know anymore than she does. It'll keep us on the same page. Something I'm sure you can understand. Shouldn't I be getting the paperwork as well, or is that all on the hard disc as well? We're both very thorough, so I want to make sure I have everything when I walk out of here."

Nobody could say Allison Brinker wasn't on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom