Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

“Hmm? You mean about Jeff and Candy? I mean he can do what he wants I don’t own him or anything, it’s just uhh, I thought I left that world behind. I just hope that this doesn’t bring it all back, you know?” She asked looking down at her slice of pizza, a look of pondering on her face.

Kara nodded, reached across and patted Noel's hand. Suddenly, Candy's talking pad went over to Noel. Apparently some kind of agreement had been reached between her and Jeffrey, as the question itself actually seemed to lend itself to the matter at hand. I have a lawyer friend in my hometown of Duluth who owes me a favor. Does a lot of her own investigation. Kind of a female Perry Mason, in as much as she has never lost a case that I know of. I'll get her involved and even pay her fee... IF you keep your brother and me in the know. You okay with this?

Noel took the paper and read it over, she seemed surprised by what she read before looking at Candy.
"You don't need to do that, I mean I know those cost a lot and I umm I would feel bad." She paused a moment.
"I mean I don't know what I am going to do otherwise and I am really grateful for the offer and all but it's too much isn't it?" She said handing the notepad back.

"Heh don't worry, I'll find a way to work it off, I am sure Candy will find a way" Jeffery spoke up.

Candy shook her head and waved her hands. She took her pad back. If you are taking me up on my offer, Jeffrey, you'll be working for me. I take care of my crew like family. Just ask Kara. She was a Lollipop. She then nudged Kara.

"I dunno, Miss Candy." Kara shook her head. "As much as I enjoy being a part of the 'family', I don't think I could make Noel worry... Especially if you're overseas."

Candy nodded her understanding before sending the notebook to Jeffrey.

Jeffery read the message and then nodded. "I mean it is hard to say no to an offer like that. If you will have me I am in"

"I well I guess if it's being paid off, It would be okay.." She looked down now rubbing the back of her head.

When Candy got the notebook back, she went to the final page and gave Jeffrey explicit handwritten instructions, along with a business number with a Duluth Minnesota area code. Since I won't be able to talk for a few days, even after my surgery to remove my tonsils, I'm trusting you to get this done for your sister. Her last name is Knight. Say to her Miss Candy is making the request and footing the bill. Call her Dame Knight, and how she was my favorite sitter although she's six years older than me. She'll realize you're on the up and up and ask how she can help. That's when you explain the situation to her. You take care of this tomorrow morning at eight her time... Just as she gets in the office... She'll be out here by the next day. See me after my surgery? She passed it to Jeffrey.

Kara couldn't help but notice Noel and her both rubbing the back of their necks pretty much in stereo, and stopped hers with a cute blush.

Jeffery took it read it then nodded.
"Consider it done" He gave her a smile.

Noel returned Kara's look and had also stop hers with a similar blush and light giggle at them continuing to mimic one another. Noel then reached for where she usually kept her phone before realizing it wasn't there. Then remembering why which seemed to tear it down a little before she looked back at Kara. Though she stood up and went to Jeffery.

"If you two are going to keep chatting maybe we should switch seats to make it easier?" she offered.

Jeffery paused for a moment, his eyes darting to Kara then her.
"Sure, good idea, that way we need not reach across the table, I can simply see you write." He looked toward Candy as he took the seat beside her and handed her the notebook back after copying the info he needed down.

Noel sat in Jeff's chair then moved it a little closer to Kara before whispering to her.
"I really wish they would let you stay the night"

Candy smiled back. Apparently, they were back to flirting. She patted her stomach to indicate she was full although there were probably six squares left in the pizza box. Kara grabbed two more and gently pushed the box to Jeffrey, saying without a word, the rest were his to dispose of. The nurse came to gather the hospital trays and dishes, as well as the rest of the trash if everyone was done.

She looked at Noel and sighed. "A little thing called a little over three months before I'm eighteen." She sighed. She perked up. "Lookit this way... At least you and Mom can get some time to get to know each other better." She shrugged at her own comment, trying to find a positive spin on it.

Jeffery smiled and gladly started to finish off the box, offering Candy more if she had wanted them as well.

Noel nodded. "Yeah that is true I guess, we had a little when we were cooking, but we might have more to discuss I suppose. I'll still miss you though." She told her.

Again, Candy shook her head and waved him to finish it off. She seemed content just to watch him eat.

Kara shrugged with a nod. "Guess so, but that may be up to you on how much you want to share." With a sigh, she looked down. "Yeah. I'll miss you, too... But if we can get through tonight without incident, you might be on your way home by early afternoon the latest. It sounds like the doctor wants to discuss things with Dr. Brinker first, sometime in the morning before releasing you. So she can update you, I'd imagine."

Jeffery happily finished off the pizza. "So with this job, what all exactly does it entail, for example, a rundown of the average day on the road," He asked.

Noel nodded as she listened to Kara. "I'm sorry if I hadn't freaked out today I could have gone home tonight already right? It's all my fault. I'm sorry" She looked up at her a little sad.

Candy gave a frown to Noel as Kara patted her hand and said, "Noel, please... Stop kicking yourself. Things will work out. With all that just happened to you, it's not your fault you had those nightmares. Mom would probably sit here and say the same thing."

Candy nodded, and began jotting down on her notebook, before passing it to Jeffrey. Basically, you'd be responsible for bringing in our equipment at each venue, setting it up, helping with our stage settings. Help me plan out the show at each city... Then breakdown and put away after the concerts... If more than one. Things like that. It's very rare that we don't have time to look around the city or town we stop in, taking in the sights for a few hours each day. We usually stay two days as most are weekend performances. There are two dates on the schedule in Europe that are one night only. Moscow is one. I won't even have time to see the sights there, myself. No, I don't remember the other off the top of my head. We will be performing an outdoor concert near Red Square, so we'll have the Kremlin as a backdrop. Candy was hoping the drudgery of the job of a roadie didn't discourage him... But if he seriously wanted to help and get a free ride (so to speak) to see the world; this would be child's play. She then pointed with her thumb to Noel as she looked at Jeffrey with eyebrow raised as if to ask if Noel was always like that (blaming herself for things out of her control).

Noel nodded and held her hand. "Thanks"

Jeffery read the paper and nodded along with it. "That sounds just perfect for me" He smiled before overhearing Noel and Kara. Seeing Candy's response understanding what she had meant by it. "Yeah basically always, though it didn't help that our family pushed big on the whole take responsibility for your actions mentality. Which was to say if someone got hurt because of us, it was our fault being the ones who had been trained in combat and all" He explained in a hushed voice.

Candy both nodded her head in understanding, and shook it in disbelief. Getting her notepad back she wrote on a separate piece of paper in the pad.

Noel. Honey. Listen... Erm, I guess that's read, isn't it? Anyhoo... Never apologize for things out of your control. You just need a little help dealing. We all do from time to time.

You have no control over what dreams you dream, especially if they have anything to do with recent memories. If they aren't something like any memories, but random goings on... You can actually take control of them. Ask either of your two doctors... I'd pick the police one since she's visiting more...

As for other more random stories, did you know you can take control of them, once you're aware they're dreams? Try it next time. Say to your dream self "I'm dreaming. I will take control." And give yourself a happy ending. Sounds like you deserve it.

She then smiled gently as she passed the notepad to Noel. Looking at Jeffrey after the nurse watching them all tapped her watch, Candy mimed for Jeffrey to remember to call Ms. Knight, the lawyer friend of hers, first thing in the morning, and to visit her after her surgery, telling her about the conversation, and put her hands together in the shape of a heart to show all of them. Apparently the dinner party was over according to the nurse.

Noel took the notepad and read it.
"Oh umm yeah, lucid dreaming I think it is called, my last psych doctor tried to teach me that, but every time I got into the dream I would forget or not realize I was dreaming." She replied handing the notepad back before seeing the nurse and nodding.
"Thanks for inviting us to dinner" She got up to walk back before the nurse informed her she had to use the wheelchair. She signed nodded and did as asked, once again getting Kara to push her back.

Jeffery said his goodbyes and almost immediately started on his duties. Luckily he was one of Noel's brothers that focused more on his education than his strength and combat training. He would have everything set up just as Candy had asked by morning. He would report to Candy about everything as soon as she was able to be visited coming out of her surgery.

As Noel arrived at her room and Kara was forced to leave she gave her a goodbye hug and light kiss. Pat coming into the room shortly after Noel had been settled and the doctors and nurses finished with they needed to do.
"So umm, Kara said we should take some time to get to know one another a little more, but I umm, I don't know how to do that" She admitted, wanting to be honest and upfront.

Pat nodded, yes they would have the evening. A nurse had reminded them to talk quietly so as not to bother Maria. "I would say that was up to you, Noel. What you want to talk about or ask. You already know I come from the land down under, but have been in 'Merica longer 'en Christine... Your detective. I'd say on her, five years. Tops. Me... Since I was five years." She smirked, hoping Noel would get her Aussie style pun, that she'd been in America since she was a child, compared to Christine who probably started her police career in her homeland (which she had).

Noel seemed to get what she said and gave a light giggle at her response before asking another question.
"Oh, umm, what was it like there, why did your family go to America?" She asked being sure to keep quiet.

Pat nodded. "Well, there's a story. My parents and I are from Rockhampton. There was a large flood there the summer of 90-91. Now, you need to know that when you're having winter, Australia is having summer, thus our summer is the three months from 22 December thru 20 March.

Mum is the one who wanted to just leave Queensland, our state, and not rebuild. We had pretty much lost everything except the clothes on our backs. About that time there was some... Ah... Misappropriation of funds by our government at the time... So there's that in the works. That's also why the accent doesn't come out like others like the good detective. I wasn't there long enough, rather I've been here for nigh on 30 years." She looked at Noel. "If I could get a map, I can show you where I was born."

Screenshot_20200916-135643.png

Noel listen and nodded attentively as she told her the story. Waiting till she found a way to show her on a map. If not Noel managed to imagine it.
“Is it all desert there? I also heard there is lots of dangerous animals and stuff, was that ever a concern growing up? Umm I mean if you remember that is”

"You're thinking of the Outback, dear. Ayer's Rock and the like. The interior. And it can get bloomin' hot there. We lived along the coast, or a little inland." Pat said, calmly. "Misconception, that, that all of Australia is a desert."

"Oh okay, yeah I assumed as much but never really checked. What about like the snakes and spiders and stuff, was that an issue?" shea asked.

Pat had to laugh. "Not as sure on that, luv. I was five. What little I do remember, they weren't memorable. That's a question more for Christine, I'd wager. She lived there her entire childhood. Even with her, it depends where she grew up what kind of spiders and snakes, and the poison factors."

Pat had to chuckle again, and said calmly, "Don't try to think up questions if you've no more at present. I have one for you, though... I left a message with your basketball coach to get in touch with Lenard or myself regarding any sports questions... So can you tell me a little about how you seem to know how to play? Kara says this is your first venture into school sports. To be in the running for a starting spot, little alone on the team, on first attempt is mighty impressive."

Pat didn't know there were only ten trying out this year, so everyone was pretty much on the team. It was just a matter of where, and Noel had consistently wowed the coach on the position of point guard and or small forward... Despite her lack of height.

Noel paused for a moment thinking about the question before she answered.
"Well everyone who tried made it on the team, umm I think I was the only one really interested in that position so that may have had something to do with it." She paused again in thought.
"Though the position also shares a lot with some of the martial arts I know. I specialized in disarming, escaping grapples, and things along those lines, mostly self-defense type stuff as opposed to offensive things. I used a little of that stuff, like watching the opponent's feet to predict their actions. They tend to fake with their upper halves but not their legs and feet as much. So they become easy to predict, that and a properly timed jump can counter my lack of height" She explained.

Back
Top Bottom