Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel shook her head before taking the notepad. She thought for a moment then wrote down her response.

I have no idea, is it something to do with lemon acids?

Noel was about to hand it back before she noticed Kara had done something else she didn't recognize. She had quickly added another line to it.

what was that thing with the three fingers?

This whole time Noel was also constantly drawn in by Kara’s performance.

Candy made an ehh face. She quickly jotted, Has more to do with the lemon than the acids. Citrus, and especially lemon, helps keep our throat limbered. That three was for three more songs. She was informing the nurse that she can only do three more songs in the time she was allotted by the hospital to perform for everyone. Please. You can talk, I can hear. I get you wanna be secretive with things about your brother around me, but regular questions? Fire away, verbally. She gave a smile.

Noel listened and seemed interested in the facts about her secret drinking lemonade as they sing. But she hesitated as she read to speak, she moved a little closer to her so she could whisper.

"I didn't want to talk over Kara's singing, I wasn't trying to be secretive. But I will whisper from now on if you want when I have questions"

Noel then sat back in her seat properly and looked back up at her performance, excited for both the three yet unheard songs and for the possible time she might get to spend with Kara after it was all done.

Candy nodded with a slightly crooked smile and gave the okay sign and a wink. She understood perfectly.

Kara began the final set with, "We're going to move to November 18, 1950, and Sammy Kaye." Kara had apparently came prepared as she had musical background where she needed help and had pointed to her helper nurse. She'd done it a number of times, though in a few cases she was acapella. She then sang Harbor Lights

"Who remembers Baloo from Disney's Jungle Book? Did you know he had a number one hit in 1950? It peaked there a few weeks after Harbor Lights on December 2nd. Phil Harris was quite the artist, both voice, speaking roles and as a singer... Let me sing his number one hit that stayed there through Christmas of 1950. It's called The Thing. Everyone who can, when I get to the cue... I need everyone to do this..." She then stomped her feet tump-tum-tump. It was an easy beat to remember. We ready? Ok. Fun song here."

While I was walking down the beach one bright and sunny day
I saw a great big wooden box a-floatin' in the bay
I pulled it in and opened it up and much to my surprise
Ooh, I discovered a (tump-tum-tump) right before my eyes
Oh, I discovered a (tump-tum-tump) right before my eyes

I picked it up and ran to town as happy as a king
I took it to a guy I knew who'd buy most anything
But this is what he hollered at me as I walked in his shop
Oh get outta here with that (tump-tum-tump) before I call a cop
Oh get outta here with that (tump-tum-tump) before I call a cop

I turned around and got right out, a-runnin' for my life
And then I took it home with me to give it to my wife
But this is what she hollered at me as I walked in the door
Oh, get outta here with that (tump-tum-tump) and don't come back no more
Oh get outta here with that (tump-tum-tump) and don't come back no more

I wandered all around the town until I chanced to meet
A hobo who was looking for a handout on the street
He said he'd take most any old thing, he was a desperate man
But when I showed him the (tump-tum-tump) he turned around and ran
Oh, when I showed him the (tump-tum-tump) he turned around and ran

I wandered on for many years a victim of my fate
Until one day I came upon St. Peter at the gate
And when I tried to take it inside, he told me where to go
Get outta here with that (tump-tum-tump) and take it down below
Oh, get outta here with that (tump-tum-tump) and take it down below

The moral of this story is if you're out on the beach
And you should see a great big box and it's within your reach
Don't ever stop to open it up, that's my advice to you
Cause you'll never get rid of the (tump-tum-tump) no matter what you do
Oh, you'll never get rid of the (tump-tum-tump) no matter what you do!

Kara got laughter and applause, that she had to just give up and wait for it to die down on its own. Especially with her parents and Candy on their feet clapping and smiling.

Finally after a good couple of minutes, it died down. "Too bad there was one more number one hit as we wrap up 1950, Patti Page topped the charts on the last week, December 30th." She then sang Tennessee Waltz. The last song of her set wasn't cute or uplifting... But the fact a young person thought enough to do the research and learn these 70 year old songs made a lot of old-timers very happy, earning her another round of applause. A lot of them hoped she'd be back soon with more number one hits from the 50s.

She made her way back to her group of people, exhausted but happy.

Noel watched and listened happily to the rest of the show, ending up joining the crowd in their excited reactions. She however was even more excited once she was done as that meant she was going to be able to spend more alone time with Kara, as much as she liked to watch the show she didn't feel like being around so many people for too long.

She reached out and hugged Kara as she returned, though she didn't say anything she wanted to return to her room.

Candy thumped Kara on the arm with the notepad after Kara hugged Noel.

Kara read it quickly and handed it back. "That's up to the hospital staff, Ms. Candy. But I'd gladly do 1951. I was only given an hour, because that's all the time these nurses could spare. And I'll ask Noel when we get back to her room, I think she's had enough excitement."

Candy nodded, and with her nurse, led the procession of Kara's group to the elevators. The audience had already been cleared by the time they left. When they got back upstairs to four, reality would set back in as the armed police guards would be at both Candy's and Noel's (with Maria's):doors. The time was just after two thirty.

One of the guards saluted Brinker who retaliated ala Dr. McCoy of Star Trek, "Dammit, Jim, I'm just a simple country doctor, not your commander!" Ironically... That officer's name WAS Jim!

He looked down to meet her eyes (as he was a tall man of six feet), "Begging your pardon ma'am, but according to Captain Wainwright... Yes you are. He told me to answer to Doctor Allison Brinker. That's you, ma'am."

She looked over at his female partner who saluted as well. With a sigh and shake of her head, she herded Noel, Kara, Maria and Jeffrey into the room.

Noel stayed mostly quiet as she listened to Kara speak to Candy, getting the idea of what was written based on what she had heard. She stayed close to Kara as they moved back to their rooms, a turning feeling in her stomach as she say the armed guards they now had. As the female guard lead them in Noel was basically attached to Kara until they were all in the room and it was secured.
“I suppose I should sit in the bed huh?” She asked looking at it but clearly hesitant to get in, her eyes wandering to the straps used to hold her in before.

As the female guard made her way back out, she asked Brinker, "Anything else, ma'am?"

Brinker sighed and shook her head. She then glanced over to Noel. "If you will please. Even if it's just sitting up." She looked frustrated at the straps still on the bed, "After I take care of one thing." She undid the straps from the bars of the bed and laid them all on the food table and pushed it from the bed. "Someone needs to take a hint." She fussed aloud, glaring at them, and then an orderly coming in. "I haven't gotten permission from her actual doctor yet. I can't til I get that."

Brinker glared at him. "Pretty sure she's a bit busy at the moment! I need to speak with her myself... On behalf of both her patients in here... However, I am most sure what is occupying her time has everything to do with one of her patients! Use some common sense, lad!"

The orderly left with the straps.

Kara waited until Noel was comfortable, before saying, "So Ms. Candy is inviting you to eat breakfast with her at six pm. She ordered herself a breakfast for dinner, since it's her last meal until after her tonsils come out tomorrow afternoon."

Noel did seem nervous about getting on the bed with the straps still their. But as they were removed it seemed to help quite a bit.
“Thank you, sorry I am so weird about it” she apologized as she sat on the bed, though her legs were dangling off the side. She simply watched embarrassed as she argued with the orderly to remove them. Once the orderly gave in and left with the straps Noel gave a smile, clearly making her more comfortable not having the in the room.
”Thanks again”

Once Kara had told her about the offer for breakfast for dinner she nodded.
“Oh that sounds nice, who all was invited? I don’t want to impose if you wanted to catch up with her or something”

Kara shook her head. "She apparently liked you enough to eat your dinner in her room with her. That's huge. She'll be happy just to have your company... Curious as to what you ordered for dinner yourself, now."

Brinker had given a smile and nod, then went to help the nurse help Maria into her own bed, as she was having trouble getting her legs to swing up. It seemed she was suffering physically as well as mentally and emotionally.

Noel looked over toward Maria as she had noticed her being helped into the bed.
“Do you think Maria would like to come as well? Do you think Candy would mind?” She asked Kara now, planning to ask Brinker once she had returned.

Kara was surprised at the question and looked over to Maria. "That's a good question. Maybe if Jeffrey doesn't mind going to 450 and ask for us... But it would be if Maria's up to it, too." She chuckled slightly. "Sorry. Couldn't help it. She'd be talking both your ears off... So four ears will be laying on the floor of her room... If she was allowed to talk that is." She shrugged. "But hey, just the three of you all sharing your dinner and... Sort of having a dinner conversation will be relaxing for all three of you. Four if she'll include your brother." She didn't know her mentor, who wasn't much older than herself... Was crushing on Noel's brother. "I doubt she'll say no to the extra company. I remember her saying something about liking women's college basketball, so you trying out for the high school team could be your in."

Jeffrey would find Candy would insist on both he and Maria joining them, even promising (through notebook) to buy his if he'd join.

Jeffery had heard that and nodded.
“Alright, I’ll be right back” he told them leaving the room to head for Candy’s. Noel stayed behind and listened to Kara, smiling at how talkative Maria was known to be. Noel took a breath before leaning on Kara, her arms wrapping around her slightly.
“I wish I could help her more, she seems to be going through a lot. I can’t imagine what she endured the last couple of days, and I have all you, but I haven’t seen too many people with her.” She whispered, not wanting Maria to hear her.

didn’t take long for Jeffery to return with the news.
“Looks like the four of us are all invited.”

Kara put her arms around Noel and kissed her forehead. She glanced over at Maria. "I heard only her older college sister visits her. That's why I wanted her to come to the little concert as one of my special guests. I saw her sister fighting with a nurse this morning before leaving, probably for her classes."

"Guards? Bout bloody time, I say! Yeah, yeah, here's my creds." In walked a dirty blonde that by looks alone, anyone could tell she was related to the other girl. She nodded politely as she went to the other bed, "Hey, baby sister... What treat? Hmm? Oh. Sorry I missed it, but, y'know... Classes. Did they visit?" She sighed and shook her head. "Don't fret yourself about it anymore... Hopefully by tomorrow you won't have to worry about it anymore. Whaddya mean whaddyi mean? What have I been fighting for for the last year? Right. Custody of my little sister! Got court on that tomorrow. Day of reckoning is finally here. You rest up... How about your friends? Two? That's it? Unbelievable. Yes I'm being snide, lol. Which two? Drama teacher and your best friend. Why am I not surprised? Your boyfriend hasn't? Errrgghh... Men, amirite, kiddo?" She then rubbed her arm where Maria slugged her one. "Okay, okay... Not all men. Yes, I know your drama teacher is one. How 'bout 'Males', then? That better? Thought so. Oh, okay. I'll hang til visiting hours are over, if you want to see my ugly mug later. Love you too, sis. Get some rest."

Dr. Brinker stopped and asked the woman her name. "Rebecca. Rebecca Curtis. Different last name because different dad." When Brinker asked Rebecca her sister's last name... Everyone would get a shock. "Sanchez."

Noel smiled gently as Kara held and kissed her, feeling comforted by her embrace. Though as the girl entered the room Noel seemed a bit worried she entered at first but as she quickly learned who she was she relaxed again. This made it seem like Noel was still a little jumpy, her instinct telling her to protect Kara.

when the rest of the conversation happened Noel got a little lost, not sure why everyone was surprised by the name Sanchez.
“So umm, should we ask Maria if she wants to join us?” She asked not sure what exactly was going to happen next.

Kara noticed Noel's expression. "That's her sister by same mom. How they look obviously related. So when she said her last name was Curtis, naturally we assume Maria's is too. Different dad? Okay, but Maria hardly has any Hispanic features, yet her last name is very common in that world. Took us by surprise. Maria is also a common Italian name."

Brinker stepped in for the others and talked quietly with Maria. She came back over with the answer. "Right now, she just wants to rest. She'll think about the generous offer after a nap."

Noel nodded along as she explained everything to her.
“Oh I can see how that would be surprising”

As Brinker approached them and told them that Maria wanted to just rest for now Noel was hesitant on going herself, should she stay behind with Maria? Get rest as well? No she wanted to spend as much time with Kara as she could before she had to go.
“Oh, Okay, well we will save her a seat then, should we wait a bit or go now?” Noel asked looking at the others.

Kara and Dr. Brinker looked at each other and then Jeffrey.

"Noel... Lunch isn't until about six. That's when the cart with the trays will be up here." Brinker said.

"It's not even three o'clock. Do you want to rest, or visit with me and your brother? Besides we're only going to Candy's room to give her company during dinner." Kara finished.

Jeffery shrugged as they looked at him, raising his eyebrows to say he didn't know what she was talking about.

”Oh umm, right I umm, I guess I am a little tired I suppose, but could Kara stay with me? At least for a little longer?” She asked seeming to still be a little confused about things going on around her. Though some might also see her as just a little spaced out at the moment, perhaps it was the drugs still leaving her system?

Brinker nodded, and ushered the rest out.

Kara took a seat next to the bed. "I don't know what we can talk about, though. Seems almost moot to talk about dinner plans. Speaking of dinner plans, what did you order for yourself tonight?"

Noel waved to the others as they left and laid back to relax. She reached over to hold Kara’s had as they spoke.

”Oh, umm I think I chose the fish? You umm, I know I asked you to stay, and I do want you to, but if you want to go to you, I realize it's a bit selfish for me to ask you to stay, I didn't really think before I spoke.” she looked up at her.

Kara shook her head, "I don't mind. I mean, what am I gonna do otherwise?" She asked with a shrug. "Read last year's Women's World?" She laughed at her own crack about the choices of magazines in the waiting area. "No... I got it, I got it... The May 1974 Reader's Digest. I haven't touched that one yet."

Noel smiled and let out a light giggle at her jokes.
”Heh, I am sure they will be more interesting then ill be, just laying here, anyway, umm since we have most of the day still, after I umm, rest a bit is there anything you want to do?” She asked not wanting her to get bored. Though it was clear that Noel was already starting to dose off.

Kara sighed as she sat there watching Noel doze off. "I dunno. Think Golf has you beat yet." Of course she meant as most boring. Shortly, with Noel asleep, she found herself starting to drift to sleep herself...

"Of all the stupidest stunts you've pulled, young lady... This REALLY takes the cake!" A white haired bearded man that reminded Kara of Santa Claus was right in her face, except this "Santa" had a crown on his head and spoke with an English accent. The king all but hissed angrily at her

"I'm sorry?" Kara asked confused, which made it's way to the waking world.

"And right you should be! I've never been so embarrassed! My own daughter! The beloved vigilante!" He thundered. "What's the punishment for vigilantism, Calla?!"

Kara tried to listen to her own voice as she answered. "Calla? Me?... That... Depends on... Umm.. y' y'know... If they killed."

Slap! The strike to her dream self, sent it reeling towards the floor. "I changed that. When I told you, I was hoping you were paying attention, Calla. Obviously, you weren't. It now depends on who you're fighting, period. Vigilantes can and will be tried for treason, foolish princess... Treason! Watch yourself, Calla... You're THIS close..." He showed a pinch. Definitely less than an inch, "Of crossing that line! You listening, Calla?!" He grabbed Kara, shaking her, "Calla! Calla!" It became feminine with an Australian accent. "Kara! Wake up! You're dreaming!"

A male voice with an Eastern European accent, Slav to be exact, said calmly, "Don't forget talking."

Kara slowly opened her eyes, looking right into the worried face of Christine Andersen. "Wow. You were really out, there. Are you okay, now, know where you are?"

Kara yawned. "Hospital, fourth floor."

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

If Noel or Jeffrey heard Kara's part of the dream conversation (because it came out into the real world), Brinker, who looked worriedly at her, would let one of them ask.

Jeffery wasn’t sure if it was his place to speak, but as the others were all quiet he took the chance to speak.
“Well at least Noel isn’t the only one who talks in their sleep, it sounded like you were having quite the dream there, you okay?”

meanwhile Noel had only woken as everyone spilled into the room, sitting up quickly, not actually having caught what she had said.

Back
Top Bottom