Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Pat blinked. Had she missed something? "Noel? Luv, what exactly needs cleaning? Last I saw both your rooms... Just yesterday, nothing even needed picked up. EVERYONE dusts their own space, even Lenard has to dust his own "weather office" Friday when he gets home. Friday evening before dates, we dust. That used to piss Bonnie off as I recollect. Her line almost every Friday was, 'Why can't y'all do that on Saturdays like everyone else?' But that's just our time when everyone can, and we make it a family thing... Even if we start in separate rooms. The living room, dining room and TV room we all do together. Why don't you just relax, and worry about cleaning Friday evening, okay? Watch TV. Binge anything we have. If you pick Kara's Wonder Woman starring Lynda Carter and Lyle Waggoner... I'll make popcorn and join you guys."

Noel nodded and blushed as a wave of embarrassment washed over her.
"Oh umm sorry, I thought the good ideas you were referring to were the cleaning ones, it's umm, how I imagine my father would have chosen" She stated.

Pat nodded. "Around here, we don't clean just for the sake of cleaning. Dust once a week. Friday evening. Okay? Vacuum. Stuff like that. As needed. So, of our vast library of old classic TV series and cartoons... What's your pleasure?"

Last edited:
Pat smiled and headed to the kitchen. "I'll bring the popcorn. Get everything set up in the TV room, Kara."

Kara nodded to her mom, before leading the way to the TV room which was... Sort of under the steps there on the ground floor. "Oh, are you in for a treat!" She grinned. "We'll probably start out with three episodes." She'd let the show correct Noel, but was sure Noel would still love the 70s live-action series. Especially with the way the intro starts.

In less than ten minutes, Pat was sitting with them, on the end of the couch with the large mixing bowl full of popped kernels of salted and buttery goodness, set on the coffee table within easy reach of all three.

Kara had the first DVD already in and hit the arrow for "play episodes'. The pilot episode began with animated stars zooming at them, along with what looked like comic pages turning showing different animated scenes of Wonder Woman doing heroics in a 1940s setting. Finally the animated Wonder Woman broke ropes and jumped into real life, becoming Lynda Carter. Likewise, an animated Steve Trevor became Lyle Waggoner. All the while, a definite 70s style theme played and a guy crooned about Wonder Woman. The rest of the credits finished and the pilot episode began.

(We can fast forward three and a half hours later, after four episodes)

Noel tried to sit close to Kara as they were on the couch and watched the show, not eating any of the popcorn, but offered to hold the bowl if the others wanted.

As the opening theme played Noel got comfortable seeming genuinely surprised when the live-action characters appeared.
"Oh! this isn't a cartoon!" She exclaimed.

after they had watched four episodes they needed to change DVD's though as they removed the DVD and the tv changed to their regular tv the news was on and they saw something odd, their own house was on the news!

The News:
We return to our coverage of the serial kidnappings and presumed murders, though we cannot go into the hospital a contact has told us one of the escaped victims, Noella Sterling, is staying here, This house belongs to a family by the name Sorel, perhaps we can get an exclusive interview, let's find out.

The newsman and camera man then started to approach their door.

Pat frowned. "I thought Lenard left specific instructions at the hospital to leave us alone. In fact, I'm sure of it, as I was standing right next to him, with Detective Andersen flanking his other side. I don't care if that is one of my favorite reporters for KING... I'm giving him a piece of my mind! You two stay in here. Watch... Um... I dunno... Pound Puppies, or something." She pointed to the shelf where there sat the newer Pound Puppies with Lucky, (a half mixed big dog part german shepherd, possibly), Cookie (a boxer), Strudel (dachshund), Niblet (sheepdog) and Squirt (chihuahua).

Kara was about to object, when Pat gave her the "Mom look". She quickly shut her open mouth and fetched the box of DVDs from the shelf. (See what I did there? :D ) Screenshot_20201113-220541.png

Luckily, Kara had the cartoon started before Mom had the front door half open, because she had kept the chain lock on it, even before he had a chance to knock. "The press should have been told by the hospital to let Noel have her privacy. If you can't honor that, I suggest looking for a new line of work. Pleasant day to ya, mate." The door was shut back.

Noel raised an eyebrow as she saw the cartoon.
"Umm isn't that like, a show for kids?" she asked seeming a bit confused.

At the door, the reported didn't even manage to get a word out before the door shut, in which they walked back announced that the family refused to give an interview and they would get the interview next time. They then called it to go back to the newsroom and drove away.

Kara shrugged. "The 80s Pound Puppies with Cooler and the human girl Holly that has some kinda puppy power that allows her to understand dog talk... I'd say yes. This newer one... Well, as you'll see, starting with the shelter number of 17... And the characteristics of each character including Olaf and McLeish... It seems more sophisticated. Like Hogan's Heroes. I mean even the army type theme." She felt like she was starting to confuse even herself. "Well, you'll kinda understand. Provided we see an episode of Hogan's Heroes right behind this so you can catch the subtle similarities."

When Pat came to check on the two, Kara asked, "Where's the Hogan's Heroes set?"

Pat looked up on the shelf after seeing the two watching "The Yipper Caper" from the 2010s cartoon. She sighed and went over to the shelf and ran a finger along the titles before pulling the DVD set in question. "Maybe after you watch an episode of Hogan's, you two can rearrange these in alphabetical order. That way we can find a title quicker by just a scan in the general direction." She handed the boxed set over. "Meanwhile, I'll start lunch."

(There are tons of similarities. Both shows are favorites of mine)

Noel paused for a moment trying to absorb everything that she had said.
"Umm y-yeah I trust you, I am sure I will like it if you do" She smiled unsure what to say.

Pat came in as the pilot episode of Hogan's Heroes was about to be started. "Noel, soup's on, but do you prefer ham, turkey or braunsweiger for your meat? There's always the old standby of peanut butter."

"What's the soup?" Kara asked

"Cream of potato with a cheese sauce." Her mom answered.

"If you like braunsweiger... Go with that. My second choice would be ham. Turkey and peanut butter do not go well with potato soup... With or without the cheese." She looked like she might turn a little green just thinking of the other two. "Don't ask as I don't know why on the turkey... It just doesn't."

"Let me guess, Kara... You want your favorite? Hot mustard, and onions?"

Kara nodded enthusiastic. Her mom just rolled her eyes. "Well, watch Hogan's Heroes after lunch, then let's surprise your dad with those series in alphabetical order." She left assuming both would follow.

Noel waited and listened for Kara to finish her order, originally planning to copy her order but then was thrown off by her choice.
"Oh umm, I guess I will try the braunsweiger, but I don't even know what that is, to be honest" She answered as she had followed Pat when she told them to watch the show later.

Noel would be even more confused as Pat pulled out the braunsweiger, which looked similar to very cheap liverwurst, but would have a unique meaty odor with just a hint of liver. Definitely didn't smell like it. Pat next pulled out an almost orange colored squirt bottle of mustard, and a small onion. "What dressing would you like on yours? I would suggest regular mustard and not Kara's... Unless, like Supergirl over there, you have fireproof taste buds and a stainless steel stomach. Would you like onion?" She prepared the sandwiches, and Noel would notice something else too... She was using whole wheat hamburger buns.

Kara rolled her eyes but couldn't help but chuckle at her mom's one-liner.

Noel wouldn't mention anything about the buns but was sure to reply to Pat's question.
"Oh I don't think I meet the requirements for Kara's special recipe, so I will take the recommended."

"Smart girl." Pat teased, looking at Kara.

"You said Bonnie was adventurous for trying it." Kara remarked.

"Just for that, smarty-skirt," Pat finished putting the onions on top of the meat and regular yellow mustard on Noel's, "You can just put YOUR mustard on your own." She then turned to Noel, sent her to the dining table, and was right behind her with Noel's sandwich and her own small plate with a turkey one... Dry. "She'll put that fire mustard on her cheeseburgers, brats and metts too. She's the only one who'll touch that stuff."

Noel paused for a moment in thought before her food was ready and she had gotten it. She watched as Kara made her special sauce.
"Umm, Kara, maybe I can just try a little bit of that on mine, just for a bite?" she asked.

Kara looked at her, then her bottle. She always thought her dad was making a big deal out of something non-existent, and somehow convinced her Aussie mom to not even try it. If Bonnie thought it was nothing, maybe Noel would. She shrugged. "Why not?" She had just closed up her sandwich to the table and put the squeeze bottle in front of Noel. "And I STILL say Dad's making a mountain out of a molehill."

"Maybe he is, but I've learned better than to second guess your dad on spicy stuff." Pat said calmly.

"That stuff might be just a little warmer than that special sauce for the Bloomin' Onion." Kara shrugged again, sitting down to enjoy her soup and sandwich.

Screenshot_20201114-204026.png

Noel took the mustard and put some on enough of her sandwich for one bite.
"Thank you, I thought I might as well try it, though I honestly haven't eaten that many spicy things"

Noel took the bite eating and swallowing it, then pausing a moment.
"Oh!, it wasn't too bad at first, but wow it came in hot at the end!" she waved her hands in front of her mouth before taking a drink.
"Heh, I guess I am not too good at spice either" She smiled her eyes watering a little, and her face red.

Kara was eating her sandwich without a wince. "You must've gotten a bite of onion with that. That'll enhance it a little.... Yeah, that's called the afterburn." She explained so nonchalant, like she was teaching a culinary class.

Pat smirked. "You forget from where I hail originally." She decided to dare to try it herself. She gave a blink as her eyes teared. "Oi! Bloody...! You can have that mustard, Kara! You and your blinking stainless steel stomach. Oof. Ya musta burnt out your taste buds some time ago."

"Okay. Guess I won't need that refill in October after all." She commented, tongue firmly in cheek. She glanced at Noel, before paying more attention to her own soup and sandwich.

Noel was still recovering a little from the bite she took, deciding to eat a few more bites hoping it would take away the spice. Her eyes still watering a little.

Kara figured what Noel was doing would be good enough, however she got up and poured two glasses of milk, sitting one in front of Noel and the other in front of her mom, who was busy with her soup. "This should help. Milk is a real spice quencher. It'll put out your... Ahem... Brush fires."

Noel nodded taking a drink of the milk before nodding.
"Thanks that helped, heh guess I am not so tough" she smiled.
"Do you like most of your food spicy?" She asked Kara.

"Meat stuff, yeah, certain condiments for each type. Hamburger, hot dogs, sandwich sausages, and braunsweiger get the southwest hot mustard. Lamb chunks, either Mexican hot sauce or Chinese. Kinda depends on my mood. Mango habanero for chicken nuggets and wings." Kara explained. "I don't always have to have spicy. I just like it." She shrugged with a coy smile.

Pat sighed. "As I said.... Bloody stainless steel stomach. Enjoy it while you can, Kara."

Noel smiled.
"Well as long as it doesn't negatively affect you and you enjoy it, then why not, I mean I kinda like a little spice here and there, though I guess I am not the best at eating it" She admmitted.

Pat gave Kara a sidelong glance. "In other words... Tone it down a bit." And that was Pat being Mom.

Kara finished her lunch and thanked her mom before waiting to see when she could head back to the TV room with Noel. "No rush, but let me know when you finish. Colonel Hogan awaits with all his friends.... Ooowww! Mom! Why'd you kick my shin?"

Pat smirked. "See? Definitely NOT Supergirl." She said to Noel, before saying calmly as she then turned to Kara, "Rushing Noel... What else?" Even Pat knew what no rush but REALLY meant.

Back
Top Bottom