Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel noticed Kara sigh at the thought of her homework and smile as she made a proposal. "well we could help each other with homework, I mean, I am not the smartest but sometimes even having a soundboard can help right?"

As they neared the house she noticed Kara sniffing the air and gave a smile as she gave a guess at the type of food being cooked, in which she didn't argue and started to race her, though she kept it close she had planned on letting Kara win.

Kara nodded, liking the idea of even a sounding board. That'll make some of the homework not so bad.

When Noel ran, Kara did, but as they closed in the distinct sounds of the didgeridoo could be heard, and Kara did a sort of half-hearted lunge as she was braking, because she nearly tripped over the porch step. "Well, danged if you didn't nail it! That's didgeridoo music (for a listen to the authentic sounds, put the name of the instrument in YouTube search)!"

When they got in, the table was just being set for dinner. "Perfect timing, girls! Hope you're hungry!" Screenshot_20200323-131811.png

As they arrived Noel moved to catch Kara as she nearly tripped over the step, happy when she didn't need to. "Oh yay! do I win a prize for guessing right?" she asked as she heard the music and walked in with Kara. Smelling the air as they walked in Noel spoke up. "Oh wow! Miss Zorel that smells amazing!" she called out with a smile. "Do we have a chance to change quickly?" she asked not sure if she should sit down immediately or get ready.

"Pat, please." Kara's mom said calmly, "Do they, Lenard?"

Lenard chuckled yet shook his head, pointing to their seats. "Sorry girls. We're going out, but we're trusting you as you're both practically adults. We'll eat together as a family."

Noel would notice even more than Kara, the two are dressed up in decent clothes, Lenard practically in a monkey suit (read: tuxedo) and Patricia in a not-quite-but-close-enough cocktail dress.

"heh, I mean okay if that's what you want, but I do feel a little underdressed, heh not like I have anything that would be nice enough" She smiled moving to the table and sitting down after pulling Kara's chair for her. We can clean up and all that after we eat right? Plus it would be a shame to let this food get cold"

Lenard nodded. "Sure. We'll leave you to clean up."

Kara raised a "thanks a lot" eyebrow and soft frown, and politely thanked her for pulling out her seat. "Why the getups? I mean, your anniversary is mid October. 16th to be exact... It's just now basketball practice, first game end of September. Football Homecoming was supposed to be this week."

"It's not OUR anniversary." Lenard said calmly.

"It's Captain Wainwright and his wife's. Twenty five years." Pat finished. They began eating as the music continued to play softly in the background.

As the others talked Noel seemed a bit confused. 'Did you mean the guy that assisted with Rockwell, back in the 40's it couldn't be that seems too random'
"
Oh is that a friend of yours? are you going to like a party or something after dinner?" She asked kinda hoping that they would give her and Kara some privacy that night.
Noel waited for the others to start eating before she would, though she did think the food smelled really good.

Pat nodded. "Too right, luv!" (Caught!) She cleared her throat. "Took 'em nearly a decade of trying before their little girl was born. She's around your ages, so you might have seen her around school, might even have her in a few classes."

Lenard finished "Stephen and Naomi are celebrating the silver anniversary and making a big deal of it. Most the police brass might even show up, like the commissioner and her husband, and the chief and his wife. We have about five years..."

"And one month," Pat chimed.

Lenard snorted in a laugh. "Before ours. We'll be celebrating 20 October 16th."

"oh wow, that's so exciting!" She smiled having caught her but also thinking that she occasionally called people Luv as well and may make the same mistake. "Well, I hope you two have lots of fun while you are there. How umm, how late will it be going?" she asked.

"You two should be in bed, as it's a school night by the time we get home." Dad tone in full effect and staring at Kara (as if she put Noel up to it), Lenard said it straightforward, yet tactful.

"Read you loud and clear, dad. We'll do the dishes and our homework, and still be in bed by ten." Kara said, glancing with a look to Noel of Let it Be almost to the point that if Noel understood the look, her mind would have the Beatles would immediately kick off, cause it was already playing in Kara's:

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me,
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be...

Kara also seemed to be finishing her dinner to Let it Be, rather than the playing didgeridoo music.

Noel hid a look of disappointment as she continued to eat her dinner, staying mostly quiet as the others talked, just giving glances at the others as they spoke, showing that she followed along. As Kara looked at her she simply gave her a smile, not really catching onto her look, but trying to stay happy, despite the fact she felt a little sad they would go another night without spending any real-time together. Though she was happy that Kara seemed to at least be entertained as they are.

Last edited:
Soon enough, the parents hugged both girls goodbye, and drove off in Pat's red car. As soon as they were gone, Kara stopped her mom's CD and put on the "Golden Oldies" station which just started a song from Abba.

"Did you see where Mom put everything? I'll wash and you can dry and put up, if you did. That'll give us more time together, if nothing else." She was trying to find a way they could have time together despite the chores.

Noel’s eyes went wide as Kara started to work, seeming to try and get time together anyway. “Oh! Umm yeah!” She nodded a big smile growing on her face as she quickly started to work. Noel dancing lightly to the music as she awaited their time together once their chores were done. “Plates go in here, and knives here, forks go here” she hummed to herself like she had made up a song to remember where everything went.

Kara watched pleased as Noel sang her own words to Abba's big hit Dancing Queen playing on the radio. Kara again proved to be no real Supergirl since she had two left feet, but did sway her hips to the song as she washed. A jazzy Chicago song, 25 or 6 to 4 kept the high octane going for the dishwashers, so that by the time that song ended Kara was rinsing the sauce pan used to cook the peas, ending the chore.

"Want to keep the oldies station going whilst we do our homework?" She asked, drying her hands.

Noel tapped her foot on the ground to the beat as she listened to the song and sang her tune to its beat. As they had finished up Noel placed the last plate where it belonged just before she turned to reply to her. "yea for sure, I am loving this music" she smiled brightly as she walked up to her. "And if we help each other with our homework, maybe we can get some extra time when we are done for us?" she added with a hopeful look on her face."

Kara nodded, wiped the table down with the wet rag, and allowed Noel to dry it, "Hang the dishtowel back up, and use the hand towel I dried my hands on for the table, k?" She disappeared into the living room, turned it down some, as Vincent Price opened up the monologue to Michael Jackson's Thriller, and was back in the dining area before his laugh holding the backpacks up by their straps while lipsyncing the laugh part. She giggled. "Couldn't resist." She handed Noel hers as she sat and the song started.

Noel did as asked and finished drying the table with the cloth as Kara go their things. Finished as she returned and placing the cloth back nicely folded as it was before. As jumped a little seeing her pop in like that but gave a lighthearted giggle at her antics. "hehe, it's fine" she smiled quickly joining her at the table, moving the chair to sit more beside her. "So I am going to start with physics, what about you?"

Kara nodded. "Of all the homework... It and calculus are my toughest, so you bet I'm starting there. Do the sky first, because it's the hardest part of the puzzle!" She smiled, giving away how she worked jigsaws. "Then World History, Economics and American Classic Literature." She finished, stacking her books in order of her verbal to do list, and pointing down the pile to each one; her smaller (in paper size) The Wonderful Wizard of Oz book holding up the other three.

"heh, I guess I kinda just look at my to-do list, and do them in order of due date, that way if I run out of time then at least I will have as much time as possible to keep up" she smiled "but umm I'll change my order so we have some overlap, that way we can get through those ones faster together" she smiled moving her books around so their classes that matched lined up.

Kara nodded once she noticed Noel follow suit. Apparently only History and Literature lined up. "So. All the questions after chapter two in physics and pages 21-23 odd numbered problems only on Calculus. We only have Physics and Literature together. Do you have Mr. Anders or Ms. Cooper for History?"

"oh umm, Mr. Anders, hopefully, they line up their classes if you have Ms. Cooper" she smiled opening her book for History to check if their studies would line up a bit more. She continued to look at the notes. "Because apparently Ms. Cooper is the one who writes the test" She stated. "Umm, why do you ask?"

Kara nodded. "Cooper throws Anders a bone now and again, but yeah. She writes the mid-terms and finals. They write their own regular weekly tests." She nodded, "Her weekly tests are like Friday crossword puzzle clues, midterms like Sundays and her finals are freaking right outta Jeopardy!" She looked at her history. "The Dark Ages. Answer all 10 questions in your text. Extra Credit: Write a 1000 word report, not counting title, on your own opinion of life back then (circa 6th-15th century). Research beyond textbook allowed." She gave Noel a perplexed look. "I have NO idea what she meant by that, but it's still far easier than physics and calculus." She put the book back in its spot, and started on her physics questions.

Noel gave a nervous chuckle "heh sounds like the tests my mother used to give me. Heh she would always tell me, just because I didn't ask you to study it doesn't mean you don't need to know it, and that in life I want always be told what to expect, and even if I am, it won't always play out that way so be ready for curveballs" She seemed to mimic her voice as she said her, her accent seemed a bit stronger like she was showing the accent her mother had without realizing it. "oh! umm, those questions look similar to the ones I had, do you want to see my answers? to be honest, I did lots of the homework in class, my mother covered lots of this already so I knew it."

Kara shook her head. "Naw, the questions will be found in the text. I'm puzzling over the extra credit. What's she really mean? I always do the extra credit to supplement my grade in case I get more wrong than I first thought for things like mid terms and Jeopardy! tests since they count for like a third of your grade in senior year."

She started back on her physics questions, not exactly flying through them. In fact she struggled with a few. "You have Mr. Chevalier for Calculus? In order to show one's work, yet be neat is to attach the scratch paper to the back of the answers. I've been using a stapler..." She jumped up. "Which reminds me..." She ran to her room, of which Pat and Lenard both would have been on her with 'Kara! What is the by product of haste?!'. She would return five minutes later biting her lower lip as she put the stapler down. "Why is it when I'm rushed, I can never find what I'm looking for?"

Noel nodded "Oh that sounds like a good idea, I wasn't great at tests in school while I was there, most of my grades came from the homework and projects"

Noel had managed to finish her calculus homework as Kara was off. "hehe, it's likely the rushed mindset isn't very good at looking for things, or as my brothers would say because the world hates you hehe" she smiled jokingly. "Oh! and umm thank you" She took the stapler and used it to put her work on the back of her answers. "So at this rate, do you think we will have time to finish our work then get some time together?" she asked as she got her finished work together in separate piles.

Back
Top Bottom