Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel nodded "heh yeah, she seemed a bit distracted, last night was a bit crazy for us as well." she smiled with a nod, looking down at her cereal before starting to eat, having made sure everything was soaked in milk first.

As Kara had come down and kissed her, she couldn't help but blush heavily and a huge smile came across her face, clearly smitten with Kara. "morning love, anytime" she replied seeming quite a bit happier. "So what are the plans for today, anything special planned?" she asked.

Lenard and Pat exchanged looks. "I was alerted that our alarm had been set around ten til nine, but I'd hardly call that crazy. What happened?" Lenard asked just as Kara finally got downstairs.

"You mean besides our practices?" Kara asked, with a double take. "All week for both of us." She added shaking her spoon. She looked at her dad. "Crazy wouldn't have been my word. More like eerie. We got a late visitor as I was making sure the door was locked and the alarm set. Too late to be any of our friends."

"And all ours, including the neighbors, knew what last night was. So who was it?" Pat nodded.

Kara shook her head, mouth full of fruity grapenut pebbles. Swallowing first, she stated, "Wasn't about to answer the door, Mom. I figured it was a stranger to the family, it being practically nine and all."

"Well, maybe I was just a little freaked out because all I really knew, for the most part, was that Kara said someone was at the door and now I should lock my door, I had thought she knew they were trying to get in" Noel spoke up. "you really don't know who it may have been? it seems too late for solicitors as well, umm Kara may be one of your friends were trying to prank you? Is there anyone who might want to do that, or would do that as a joke?" She asked trying to think of what may have happened eating her cereal.

"No seemed about it. It was too late for solicitors. They shouldn't even call after eight. That's why trick-or-treating is six to eight every year." Pat said rather calm.

Kara thought about it as did Lenard. Kara finally answered first. "One of my exes before Adora might. We met at a ComiCon a few years back. Well... I met a few there. But the one I'm thinking of was a major prankster."

Lenard snorted. "I still remember the night that one came over in a too small for her girl scout uniform trying to sell cookies!"

Pat choked on her own plain grapenuts. "Yeah. She needed to sell enough to get her a new uniform that actually FIT!"

Kara laughed and shook her head. "Every one of her pranks in some way put herself down, though... I finally called her on it, nicely, with Dad's help. We were both real cordial with her that those self insulting pranks and jokes weren't healthy. Last I heard, she was getting help, though."

"Only others I can think of that would pull this weren't harmless, and aren't even allowed in this house." Pat said, after Lenard threw up his hands. Kara shivered and Lenard glared at his wife. "We don't talk about them unless Kara wants to. Hopefully, she's told you about them already." She suddenly found the rest of her grapenuts far more interesting.

Noel listened to them all talking and just tried to keep up with all the names and memories that she didn't know. "Is it possible to ask these people if it was them, because if it really was a random person maybe they are hoping to rob this place and were doing some sort of test?"

Lenard looked at Kara who nodded. "We've got restraining orders against them. Communication with those guys really isn't a bright idea either, sweetheart. We'll be home all day today, so we'll keep a watch out for suspicious characters, if that'll make you feel better." Lenard said, understanding yet dad like. "Now both of you finish up, and off to school."

"Right, umm yeah, we should get going, Kara do you have practice today after school, and umm, do you know if I do?" she asked a little embarrassed at the fact that she didn't know.

Kara nodded. "As far as I know? We both do."

Wednesday lunch, well one of several, was cold subs, So Kara grabbed a veggie lover's half, and an Italian one with pepperoni, salami, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and provolone cheese, along with a three tier three flavors gelatin dessert. Just as she got settled, the PA system crackled to life. "Your attention please. Today's cheer and football has been cancelled as this week's opponent has been banned from participating in any sports this year. Basketball practice is still happening today after school in the gymnasium."

Kara would be the one waiting on Noel now... Unless allowed to watch, but that was up to the coach.

Noel arrived a little late to lunch, just after the announcement. again and grabbed herself a chicken sub with lettuce onions and shredded marble cheese, as well as black pepper, garlic, bbq, and chipotle sauce, then she heated it up slightly in the microwave before sitting beside Kara and removing the headphones that were in her ears. "hey, so how is your day so far?" she asked with a smile.

Kara still had her mouth open in disbelief. "I-It was fine until that announcement. The rest of this week's cheer has been cancelled. I mean the football practice was too... But, so, well..." She waved her hand around and started eating her veggie lover's sub. "I wonder if Mr. J will let me watch you guys practice..." She said, looking like she lost her best friend, although she was sitting right across from her.

"what? ugh, I joined the team so we could leave together" she grumbled placing her sandwich down. "should I ask if I can sub our or something of you can't stay and watch?" she asked.

Kara stopped her. "It's just for the rest of the week. Problem is, there's going to be more than just me. The whole squad was paying attention to your defense by the end of practice. I think you got some more fans... Of course Linda and Emily got into a big hairy catfight over what position they think you'll excel at: small forward or point guard... Bonnie couldn't score against you." She decided finishing her veggie lover's sub best. "I told them to let you decide which one you shoot for. But they also want to watch." She shrugged. "So... You'd kinda have to ask for practically the whole squad."

"oh umm wow, I didn't realize so many people were watching that" she blushed and rubbed the back of her head embarrassed. "I am not really used to being the center of attention" she admitted.

Kara again shook her head. "Noel, sweetie, don't think of it as being the center of attention, but establishing a connection with the cheer squad. Athletes being there for each other. You're looking out for the squad to give them reason to be together for the rest of the week, and at the same time showing their support for the ladies basketball team."

Coach Jeuther would only need Noel to ask permission, and the squad would be able to watch practice.

Kara blinked. "Just ask coach J for permission. Only a team member can get us permission to watch. If we ask, he'll say someone on the basketball team has to vouch for us."

Kara chuckled in spite of herself. "All that means is, that we actually want to watch you practice and root for you. Just like I tried for you, but our coach was too hard nosed. Remember, Captain N told you outright if it was up to her you could have watched us. Mr. J is also the softball coach, and depending on what the drills were... Fans were encouraged to watch practice. Only difference is, basketball is more fast paced... He might take insight from the audience. He will from the players. Something about no I in team, I think."

Kara had eaten her veggie lover's without condiments, leaving her both packets of Italian dressing for her Italian sub. "My salad sandwich was fine, could've used Italian dressing if I hadn't forgotten. That's okay. I usually need two packets for my Italian sub with meat." She proceeded to use both for the other sub. "Did you hear yours up?" She asked, noticing the melted cheese. "Shoulda before using the dressing. Oh well, why I normally get the cold cut subs." She took a bite. "Thanks. Mmpphh." She nodded, pointed to her Italian sub and gave the okay sign.

"Heh yeah, I like the hot subs a bit more myself, but I like having everything on it before heating, I don't know why my brother used to do it like that and I guess I kinda adopted it." She started taking a bite of her sandwich and giving her a thumbs up.

Kara giggled some as she ate her sub. Sooner than she'd have liked, it was time to finish up and go to afternoon classes.

Noel would have to catch Kara after last bell to let her know what the coach would say... Probably via text, as Kara and Emily were preparing to meet at the library unless told they could watch the basketball practice.

Noel was surprised how fast their lunchtime seemed to pass but went to her class as needed. Once it was time for gym class she would ask the coach if they could watch and then send Kara his response.

'He sai not the whole practice but the first half you guys can watch.'

To Kara, half was better than none, and after a few minutes, some of the cheer squad showed up to watch warm up exercises finish up, before Coach Jeuther paired the girls up (except Stephanie) and once again teamed Noel against Bonnie. "I want to see pressure without fouling and attempts to if not outright stealing from the defender. Bonnie, you're offense." Kara questioned the rationale, because he seemed to have it out for Bonnie, pairing her up with Noel again. The smaller girl had already shown up the bigger girl a few times the day before after the bigger one had shown up the whole team when uncontested. "Watch the other pairings around you." He concluded, and blew his whistle.

Noel got ready and stood beside the couch expecting to do more assistant activities, then was surprised when she was called onto the court to practice defense, or maybe she was there to help train Bonnie against tough defenders? Either way, Noel would try her best and try to block Bonnie, keeping in mind she couldn't foul and wanted to instead steal the ball, despite the thought of height is a huge advantage on the court, defenders, when stealing were best suited to be small, as being lower to the ground meant smaller dribble distance, and taller meant a larger dribble distance. A second mistake lots of players made was watching purely the hands of their opponents, where their feet showed their true intentions. Noel used Both these to her advantage, and although it took a few attempts to get the timing right, she eventually managed to steal the ball from Bonnie without foul by, putting her off-center with her legs, then looking for weak grips on the ball, knowing from her disarming training (her most experienced) where the easiest place to take the ball would be without hurting her.

Back
Top Bottom