Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara looked at her Economics book. "I hope so. More number crunching mixed with life skills and a slice of budget pie charting for dessert. Yum. Yum." She said mockingly. "Tastes like calamari!" She playfully stuck out her tongue. "So what's your other class?"

Kara glanced at Noel, hoping she really didn't think Kara actually liked squid.

"Oh I took a class called stress management, I thought it might be fun plus according to the criteria part of it is learning massages and I would like to maybe learn some more techniques" she smiled. "But umm no homework for that class" she added. "Oh! I can make calamari for you sometime if you like, my mother didn't teach me that stuff but I have been trying to learn some more seafood-based meals, like sushi" she replied seeming to not quite have caught her sarcasm. Noel had also opened up what seemed like her last book as she continued to work.

"So what do you want to do with our time, assuming we get some?" she asked with a smile thinking ahead to it.

Kara made a face as she left her tongue out, wrinkling her nose and face to the point a mother shar pei would mistake her for a relative. "Oh, please, no." She moaned. "I was being sarcastic. That is like my least favorite Italian dish. Would rather have sushi for a month of Sundays." She then thought about the question. "I dunno, really. Anything you feel like doing, although we do have to be in bed by ten."

"Oh right, well umm, we can think about that I suppose, so umm, I take it you also don't like Sushi?" she asked considering her preference to eating sushi for a month over calamari to show how much she didn't like it. "But maybe we could watch a movie or something if we have time? maybe play a game?" she offered.

Kara shook her head. "I actually like sushi." Kara commented. "But I might get tired of it a little bit if it's every Sunday for a whole month. You can suggest Japanese to Mom and Dad sometime. I think we don't have it, because we can't do it well. If we want Japanese, we usually go to a restaurant." She worked on her Economics. "Let me just finish this... Shame about Wendy, huh? She just quit school and went back 'across the pond'. I thought she was 'okay with America'." There had been lots of friends that had left the school and group. Of course Kara, herself had stayed... Just avoided someone as much as possible.

(This will wrap up the loose ends of where we started from.)

Noel was relieved to hear that she liked sushi, it is her favorite food to get when going out. "Oh right that makes sense, and yea maybe I will ask if I should change from burritos, or maybe I will do it next time, heh though I can't promise it will be restaurant quality" she admitted. Noel noticed some of the halls were seeming more empty recently as people started to leave. "I mean I didn't get to really get to know wendy, or any of the others really" She admitted. "heh just you" She added. "So umm, I know I just did the basketball thing, but do you think that I might join you in cheerleading? I just think it would be a fun thing to do together" She asked seeming a bit nervous about her question.

Kara mock pouted with a slight whine. "But then I wouldn't be able to cheer for you when you're playing..." She then talked normal as she explained, I'm behind you 100% on trying for the starting lineup. Have you decided which position you're going to focus more on? I mean center is probably not going to happen, but the others could."

She worked silently on her Economics and before long, all her homework was finished. "Do you know how to play Uno with a regular deck of cards? You know, the standard poker deck?"

Noel gave a slight giggle at her whine and then thought about her question. "Oh umm, good question, most likely the Small Forward, and not just because of my size" She smiled going back to finish her work at about the same time Kara had finished hers.

"Oh umm I do not, but I would love to learn" She smiled brightly.

Kara smiled. "Pretty easy, because there's no reverse, skip, draw two or draw four. Jokers are still wild. You match suits and numbers instead of colors. Like if you have a three of clubs and a three's up on discard... You can play the three of clubs. I actually like to play with a regular poker deck more than with an Uno deck."

(Wouldn't know how to role-play the game itself)

Kara then looked at Noel. We could always play something else, though." She offered.

"No we can do that, it sounds fun, and I think I get it!" She smiled as she sat down and prepared to play.

(We can just have their dialog while playing or skip the game, up to you)

Kara looked at the clock. "We can play on your or my bed. It's quarter to nine. I didn't realize homework took so long. I'm not worried; I take my shower in the morning." She put her books away, leaving her backpack at her seat at her table, and would follow Noel upstairs after making sure everything was put away and the front door was locked, and setting the alarm.

"Okay, I'll get changed and wait for you in my room" Noel nodded before going upstairs once she had finished helping Kara clean up. As Kara went to lock the front door she heard someone knock at it. Noel already upstairs.

Kara wasn't the stereotypical blonde. The time was almost nine in the evening. None of her real friends would dare come this late on a school night with curfew so close. With the alarm of the house set, anyone trying to illegally enter would be in for a rude greeting. The alarm was both silent (sent directly to Lenard's phone and the police) and sounding like a car and fire alarm (which would alert the neighbors, many of whom would ALSO call the police). Tampering with the alarm wires would silence only the noisy part of the alarm. The police and Lenard would still be alerted.

Upstairs, Kara looked in on Noel. "My folks friends would know they're gone for the evening. Ours wouldn't visit this late. Shut this door, lock it, and don't open it for shit. I'm serious. Sorry. Card game's off after all." Kara wouldn't listen to her own advice, merely shutting hers tightly.

As Kara left the door she would hear two more knocks spaced by a few seconds each time before silence. Noel had just finished getting dressed into her pajamas when Kara looked in, catching her just as she had slipped her shirt on causing her to jump slightly at the notification. "oh huh? what?" she tried to answer back but Kara had already left, causing Noel to have a frown. She did as asked before sitting on her bed and pulling out her phone texting Kara.

'What is going on? what happened?'

Kara checked the message.

She sent a text back All the 'rents friends would've known they wouldn't be home tonight, and not one of ours would come this late when curfew is ten. It's nine, now. Love ya, and keep your door locked. See you in the morning. As if on cue, as she sent that, the cuckoo clock downstairs chimed the hour.

Noel's head titled before she started to worry, and quickly sent a text back.

'Wait for what? What is going on? is someone trying to get in the house or something, because that's what it sounds like' She replied, sending her reply back quickly. Noel was a little nervous now, what if someone tried to break in? what if they were after Kara for some reason and she wasn't able to be there for her?

Kara sighed. Someone was knocking on the door. I don't know about breaking in, but the alarm is set. If they somehow keep the alarm from alerting us, it will still alert dad and the police. Don't worry, just keep your door locked. And stay put. Please. It might just have been a test, too. Again I point to the time. If we're both separate, whoever can't get us both. And will have to jimmy locks. Have something handy to clonk with. She looked around and picked up her copy of War and Peace. "Oh yeah.... This will work for me..." She whispered with a smirk. "That door opens, this book sails." She was fast enough to pull it off. Not Supergirl fast, but she could still send the book flying just as the door opens, putting the opener in a world of hurt.

Noel read the text and rushed to the window, looking out it to see if anyone was trying to get in through a window or something, she didn't see anyone but made sure her window was locked anyway. Then after taking a deep breath, she laid in the bed, eyes locked on the window then going to the door and back again, she knew how to defend herself but she was just as vulnerable as anyone when sleeping.

Although they were on the second floor and Kara's window looked out on the backyard, she did double check to make sure screen was in and window locked. She double checked her bedroom door and noticed she had forgotten, so locked the bedroom door. Now, in both cases, any intruder would have to jimmy the lock. Satisfied, and standing by the very large Tolstoy tome, she changed into one of her nightgowns, ever listening for a jimmying lock.

The night would seem to pass without incident, if they had stayed awake the next noises they would hear is her parents getting home, at which time Noel had shot awake and checked her phone before grabbing a weight in her room.

Kara wouldn't be startled so much as floor squeaked awake. Leaving her light out, she made her way to the book as the floor squeaked passed them to the bathroom. About thirty seconds later the toilet flushed causing Kara to raise an eyebrow. "Awful polite intruder." She mused in a whisper as the squeaky floor went back to the head bedroom near the front of the stairs where the door quietly closed. Breathing a sigh of relief, she quickly texted Noel. All clear. It's the 'rents. Wake me up after you're finished in the shower. Kara would zonk the moment her head hit the pillow.

Noel was relived a little as she heard the toilet flush, that didn't really seem like a home invader thing to do, then it was all confirmed a moment later as she received the text and was finally able to go to sleep.

-Next Morning-

Noel woke at 4 as usual and exercised in her room before taking a shower, then going into Kara's room and gently sitting on her bed before lightly shaking her awake with the towel around her body still, not wanting to waste any time and thinking she wanted to be informed asap when her shower was done, which was around 6-6:30

Kara slowly stirred and groaned as Noel woke her up. She looked at Noel, one eye open and one closed, gave a whining groan and slowly crawled out of bed with a wide mouth yawn. No smell of breakfast meant only one thing. There would be three boxes of cereals downstairs. Kara gave an explicative of "Oh corn pops!" as she slid in the bathroom, but soon the water was running and the shower commencing before another sweetened cereal (which coincidentally was one of the choices downstairs) "Aauuugghhh! F-f-frosted corn f-flakes, that's COLD!" Mere seconds later, a few more breakfast epitaphs. The first another choice. "Grapenuts! There goes the soap!" Clunk, her head hit the shower wall. "Ouch! Ah, Cocoa Krispies, awready!" The third choice was Fruity Pebbles.

Noel watched as Kara got up and started to name off cereal before walking into the bathroom, leaving Noel on her bed mouth slightly agape before she closed the bathroom door. "umm, good morning..." She spoke softly, no way Kara could have heard that unless she actually was supergirl. Noel looked down at her self, wearing just a towel, took a breath, before gripping the top of her towel tightly and got up. She quickly moved back into her room before getting changed and going down the stairs to sit at the table, looking at the cereals available on the table and spoke up to Kara's parents. "So how did things go last night?" She asked, grabbing whichever box was closest to her.

Lenard smiled. "Incredible. We were probably the last to leave, with Wainwright and his wife, around midnight. I suppose you, like any of us who wake Kara up first thing, just got greeted with a yawn." It was almost as if Lenard was tutting his daughter, as he grabbed the frosted flakes.

Kara was down in thirty minutes and gave Noel a kiss on the cheek. "Morning gorgeous, thanks for getting me up." She grabbed the pebbles and grapenuts, and did a half and half cereal mix before adding her milk and crunching away.

Back
Top Bottom