Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel was excited to see Kara and was about to go to her when everyone else joined. As he called out the names Noel knew her name wasn't going to be called. She looked up to the taller redhead beside her wondering what her me was and when she would be called. To her surprise, she was not and Noel followed her to the bench and sat, now watching Kara as she waited for the coach.

”So umm you forget to sign up? Or was coming here just like the last-minute thing?” she asked the redhead nervously, wanting to try and be more social.

"A bit of both, actually. Were you afraid you wouldn't be allowed to join? Is that why you didn't? I don't think I saw you around before this year...?" The redhead asked. Screenshot_20200215-190941.png
(Except in a simple tee and shorts)

The brunette with short cropped hair tutted at the other teen. "Must you show off so, Nancy Drew?!"

A glare at the brunette followed by a soft look at Noel and a sigh. "That's my nickname around here because I'm like her number one fan, and have every book of the original series. And my dad just happens to be Captain of the precinct near here. Name's Wainwright. Stephanie Wainwright."

With a scoff, the other girl snarked, "Oh great! Now she thinks she's Jane Bond!"

Noel tried to ignore the brunette as she seemed to be a bit of a bully and looked at Stephanie "I love the Nancy Drew books!" She exclaimed,
"Well I was more of a last-minute thing, and yeah you have a good eye, I am new here, just been a few days now." She smiled at her.
"So why did you want to try out for basketball, you think you might be interested more in the journalist team or something? uncover some mysteries and stuff"

Stephanie laughed. "Oh, no thanks. Who knows what I might uncover! And how do you know I'm not trying out for basketball to get the inside scoop on the team, and the stats and score of each game before anyone else?" She gave a knowing grin as if Noella was half right.

The brunette rolled her eyes. "Ms. Way Too Modest is being just that... Again. Don't let her buffalo you like that. She could probably teach Stephen Curry a thing or three about good defense."

Stephanie blushed slightly and cleared her throat just as the coach came over, looking over the three.

"Okay, names." He asked directly. "And would you take another position for the team if you don't cut it as a player?"

"Bonnie Bagley. No. I plan on being on the team."

"Don't get cocky. Pride comes before a fall." The coach growled at the brunette, who just shrugged. "Fine. Player or nothing. Your funeral."

"Stephanie Wainwright. Exclusive interviewer for the school paper would be nice." The redhead commented, calmly.

"I think that's doable." He then looked at Noel. "Your turn. Name and backup plan?"

Noel listened and smiled at her as she explained, she felt like she was saying exactly why she was here. Then as the coach approached and talked to each, hearing her answer she couldn't help but feel happy that she kinda managed to guess what the red-head was doing here.

"Oh, I am Noel, and umm I don't really mind, I am just mostly looking for a side activity" she answered with a smile.

The coach raised an eyebrow. "Really? You're double teamed, so you scoring is almost non-existant. One of your teammates is in foul trouble and is almost a guarantee basket. The other teammate isn't a guarantee, but is wide open, and closer to you and a possible three pointer. You're down by one with five seconds left in the game. Think fast. What do you do?"

Even Bonnie winced at the almost no win scenario.

"Oh!, Umm I guess I pass to the wide-open teammate, at least I know the pass will be successful, and even with a chance for a three-pointer she may still move in for a safer shot, whereas the guaranteed basket could also be intercepted, this way the ball stays in our control and we the best odds of getting ahead," she replied placing a hand on her chin. "At least that would be my instinct.

The coach smirked. "Student coach. Basically my assistant. That was the correct answer. Both cases a win or successful pass was not guaranteed. You'd be surprised how many go for the guaranteed basket. You have gym clothes in the locker room? Go change into those, quickly and get back up here for drills."

"Oh!, umm yes sir! coach sir!" she got up quickly and left the gym to do just that, returning not too long after and moving back to the coach's side. "Okay, all ready, what do you need me to do?" she asked, wanting to help, but found her self peeking over to Kara whenever she had a moment.

He had called all the girls over to him by that point. "Let's see how good of a shooter you are. First, unblocked." He tossed her the ball. "Run the length of the court. Our half that is. Start mid court, run and dribble stop and shoot for the basket. Then, Bonnie... You appear the next tallest and Stephanie... You're last." He looked at the other eight and sighed. All returnees. If he didn't get at least one more girl, everyone was in, regardless.

Noel nodded and did as told when it was her turn. Starting at mid she dribbled the ball up, stopped where he had told her to and took the shot, it was clear she wasn't a seasoned vet at the sport, but she could show some potential.

Bonnie didn't listen to the coach from earlier, and, for lack of a better term.... Showed off. She flew down the court and fired well out of the 3-point circle. It was like she traveled (without travelling) about 20 feet and fired. Swish! Nothing but net. "Hah!" She said triumphant.

"NOT what I asked for. Stephanie? Noel? Chrissy? You three were closest to me. Did I say 'try to make a buzzer beater'? I don't recall saying anything about trying to beat the buzzer? Did you three hear that?" He was giving Bonnie the look whilst addressing the other three. Chrissy just shook her head.

Stephanie just grabbed the ball. "I think I want to take my no contested run and shot first."

Like Noel, Stephanie showed promise, but wasn't much of a threat, bouncing it off the rim.

The coach nodded and wrote something down on his pad.

Bonnie didn't listen to the coach from earlier, and, for lack of a better term.... Showed off. She flew down the court and fired well out of the 3-point circle. It was like she traveled (without travelling) about 20 feet and fired. Swish! Nothing but net. "Hah!" She said triumphant.

"NOT what I asked for. Stephanie? Noel? Chrissy? You three were closest to me. Did I say 'try to make a buzzer beater'? I don't recall saying anything about trying to beat the buzzer? Did you three hear that?" He was giving Bonnie the look whilst addressing the other three. Chrissy just shook her head.

Stephanie just grabbed the ball. "I think I want to take my no contested run and shot first."

Like Noel, Stephanie showed promise, but wasn't much of a threat, bouncing it off the rim.

The coach nodded and wrote something down on his pad.

Noel waited patiently but stifled a giggle at Bonnie trying to show off, of course, she couldn't help but occasionally peek over at Kara when she had a chance. "Doesn't look too bad, eh coach?" Noel asked with a smile, doubting she would manage a spot on the team, outside of an assistant.

Kara smiled whilst still focussing on her own routines and practice, even giving a little wave.

The coach shrugged. "Nice to know that a last second throw into the basket is possible, but I didn't ask her for that. Why don't you play defense against her. I want to see your blocking abilities. If nothing else, pretend you're Amy Waugh. She was about your height, maybe a few inches taller, and was pretty decent for Xavier University in Cincinnati. Really challenge and dare Bonnie to repeat the feat." He was really hoping Noel would stop the smart aleck, preventing the basket.

"Okay, I'll do my best" she nodded then got onto the court. "Okay try again but I'll act as the blocker." She called out to the confident girl getting in a defensive stance. She had watched how the girl moved and tried to predict how she might try to throw over her, because of her small height, or try to maneuver around her. She had to get ready for both and try and read her movements to stop her. As she approached the girl was likely doubting her ability given her poor performance and may not expect her reactions would be so honed from her more combative training, though Noel knew the contact rules of basketball and would use that as she needed to sop her.

Bonnie slightly frowned. She started her run, trying to move the twenty or so feet, even going backwards and attempted to spin away from the defender. Trying to time Noel's jump, she attempted another three pointer.... This time far after her original three second uncontested run, and closer to the line. She had definitely already lost her bravado.

Most the cheerleaders were watching the action on the other side of the court, especially Noel's movements of defense.

Noel was quick to react to her spin, moving with her and managing to keep between her and the basket. As she went for the shot Noel would stick her arm up in front of the ball, and if she jumped she would move into her to throw off her center of balance.

Bonnie pouted back to the bleachers after missing, as half the squad cheered and the coach simply nodded with a smirk. He paired Stephanie with a defender, but Steph still ran circles around her.... Yet still missed! She was the tallest of the three new members trying out.

Soon enough, though, practice was over for both, and the basketball coach reminded all of the girls of one thing. "This is just the first day of practice and drills. We're going to be going about an hour daily leading up to the first game. Unless someone comes along THIS WEEK to challenge for a roster spot... All of you are in, and are vying for the starting lineup. That is all. Hands in? Go team on three... One. Two. Three. Go team!"

Kara and her squad were also dismissed, they'd be able to walk home together.

Noel cheered for her new friend, complimenting her as she managed to run circles around her defender. As the practice After listening to the coach and participating in the hands in, she smiled and moved over to Kara, letting her finish before talking to her. "hey how was practice today?" she asked excited to walk home with her.

Kara giggled at the question as they headed out. "We had a bit of trial run, because few of us really don't like Bonnie Bagley, and want to see her get shown up. That girl thinks she's all that with a side of fish and chips and a 64oz big gulp, y'know? We were cheering your defense. You might have established yourself pretty solid; the coach seemed pleased as punch with you. So, what do you think we'll be having for dinner? We had Slovak, American and Mexican." They headed out and towards home. "It's going to be European or Asian, maybe African. Wait... We haven't had Australian in a while. That's where Mom's from." She smiled at Noel. "Be nice to have someone to play a guessing game with, before getting close enough to actually smell it, that's going to be eating over, I mean." She blushed.

"Oh, hehe, you were watching that huh? Well, I don't really care all that much if I make it on the team, this is what I stayed around for" She smiled as she walked with her, grabbing her bag from the change room on the way.
"And hmm, let me think, well considering I am still getting to know your family maybe they will do Australian, as a way to help me learn a bit about your mum" She replied as they walked, a finger placed on her chin as she thought.
"But I don't really hear her accent, did she move here young? or am I just deaf to accents?" she asked with a joking smile.

At the revelation that she wasn't really caring if she made the team, Kara raised an eyebrow. "Geez, if that was even halfway, I'd hate to see how good you are if you're all in and fully committed!" She teased with a grin.

Kara nodded. "If you consider young teens still fairly young, then yep. Like yours, it's in the background. Once in a while she'll let out a 'g'day', to a visitor. I think she caught herself the day you came over." She thought about the answer. "That's pretty good guess... Imma go with.... Let's see, we just had spicy chili... French."

As Kara teased her about being afraid to see how good she would do if she was fully committed Noel placed a hand on the back of her head "hehe, I don't want to raise that ar too high, it's not like I didn't try or something" She smiled and giggled a little, a bit nervous at the thought of disappointing Kara.

"You think french is next? I actually can't think of any french meals except maybe crepes... Though I suppose if we were having them I wouldn't really complain either" She admitted, as she could always go for some breakfast foods. "And I'll have to keep an eye out for the next time you mum slips up" she smiled. "So umm Kara, after we eat dinner you want to do something? I mean like besides just go to bed or whatever" She asked.

Kara shrugged. "I'm fine with whatever after our homework. I'm not extremely picky." She sighed, really not even looking forward to her homework.

As they got within a few houses, they could smell lamb just faintly. The vegetables and gravy weren't that strong, and Kara got the wrong idea. Sniffing the air she got the wrong idea very quickly. "Lamb?" She made a face, forgetting a lot of Australian dinners could consist of that meat. "You know what? I think we're both wrong. Smells Greek to me." She gave a grin. "Race ya to Greece!" They'd really be racing to "Australia", as it would be a traditional Australian dinner complete with didgeridoo music.

Back
Top Bottom