Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara kind of propped herself and looked at Noel. "Wait. How long is years? You're not that much older than me, right? Sorry to mess up your rhythm." She tried to settle back down to get comfortable again. "Not much left to unwind, way I feel, though, I might just sleep like this, tonight."

"Well no, but I started learning when I was little, like as soon as my parents could start to teach me they did, umm like maybe somewhere between three and five years old I think?" She placed a hand on her lips as she thought, moving back to allow Kara to get comfier. "And I was homeschooled till I was fifteen, then both went to high school and still got homeschooling as well till I was seventeen, just last year. This year is really when I left to be on my own for the first time" She pondered the timeline of her life. "So about fourteen to thirteen years I would guess" She stated as she came to an answer, trying to not peek at Kara as she propped up, making her gaze was only on her wonderful face. "Umm well if you want to stop I will, but otherwise I can finish up, Oh! I also know some techniques that can help you fall asleep and they are supposed to even promote good dreams" She smiled as she offered. Just then Noel realized that if Kara slept like that she would be sleeping naked. "Oh umm but if you sleep like that, wait... umm nevermind I forgot, I guess I should go to my own room to sleep now, huh?" she asked.

Kara nodded to go ahead and finish up, she wasn't in THAT big a hurry to go to bed. She had to stifle a giggle as Noel seemed to catch what was apparently going to happen. "I'll probably sneak under the covers, but only after you're finished with the massage." She could not believe how long Noel had been learning. She was hoping she'd had some play time, otherwise Kara was going to have to rectify THAT as well... Maybe by bringing back family game night. She continued to relax as Noel finished her back.

Noel happily finished working on her back and finishing with her shoulders, making sure hs got all the knots. "There, all done, I hope you feel much better" She placed her hands together before pausing. "Oh I umm, I guess I should go to my room now huh?" She asked getting off the bed and cupping her hands together. "Umm good night Kara" She waved and waited for a response before leaving, shutting the door as she would leave.

Kara said good night and drifted off to sleep not much after, but still getting under the covers. She forgot her bathrobe was still hanging over the shower curtain rod in the bathroom.

(No longer following original RP; here on we go our own direction)

Tuesday dragged and finally it was lunch time. Kara ran into some of the squad all of who were complaining about being overworked. "I swear. The Principal doesn't let the actual captain handle things... I'm quitting the squad. I actually think Niyah is ready to resign."

Kara, once again in her cheer uniform, frowned at the brown eyed, brunette girl with the dark tan in front of her. "She does, I'm out. As much as I love cheer, I'm not going to go through last year again." She smiled at Noel and waved her over to sit next to her after getting her tacos. Kara had three soft tacos, Spanish rice, and refried beans on her tray along with a three layers jello parfait and a can of Mello Yello.

Lunchtime on Tuesday

Noel stopped and looked around as she got to the field, seeing Kara waving her over she smiled and rushed to her side. Noel Had four soft shell tacos on her plate, opting to get an extra taco instead of the beans, though it seemed like she managed to get some beans in her tacos. She also seemed to skip out on the dessert and had a bottle of water as her drink.
"Hey, how is your day so far? I take it there is a game or practice today after classes? Would I be able to cheer you on as you umm cheer?" She asked with a smile before taking the first bite of her food.

Kara looked over to Brandy who she was talking to, as Brandy is the one who spoke up. "Was up to any of us, I'd say more power to you, come watch." She shook her head. "I'm beginning to wonder if it's even up to the coach." She then nodded to Kara as Kara finished her first taco. "That's me, too, unless we're worked like we were yesterday. This daily slavedriving continues, we're all gonna be too pooped to pep by Friday IF the game is even on. If it isn't... I'm out, and nothing you can say will change my mind, Supergirl. Heck, YOU even looked like you lost a lot of your super."

"I had." Kara nodded, then smiled at Noel. "Ask Noel. Mom actually made me soak in a hot bath last night."

"I don't doubt it." She nodded to Noel. "Brandy Witherspoon. How do you do?"

Kara continued to eat another of her tacos.

As they spoke Noel had finished her first two tacos, happy to be simply listening to the two of them talk. Then Brandy seemed to address her.
"Oh! umm, I am Noella or umm I mean" Noel stopped and cleared her throat.
"Noella Sterling charmed I'm sure, but my friend calls me Noel" She smiled at her giving a slight bow as she spoke in a slight British accent.
"Oh and it is true, Kara's mother totally made her soak in a hot tub last night, and she still had some knots after that even" she added.
"And umm how do you do?"

Kara worked on some of her Spanish rice as the two introduced themselves. Brandy had a refined Northern accent, different than around the Washington State area, but not full mid-western. Almost like she hailed from a more pure western state like Montana or Wyoming. "Not quite London... Yet almost." She tapped her forefinger to her chin. "Cambridge, Northampton, Oxford maybe? No farther north west than Birmingham. A bit refined not unlike my American one... Correct?"

Kara could barely pick up the accent, so she just dropped her fork and looked askance at both of them, mouth agape. "What the where?"

"Oh, it's there, Kara. Very faint. Probably her parents hometown, but no earlier than grandparents. Might even had visited when she was younger. With your hearing, I'm surprised you missed it." Brandy said calmly.

Kara was now blinking agape at Noel that it took one of her cultured friends to catch it. "I... Really wasn't paying CLOSE attention to the accent... Just the words?" She asked almost apologizing to Noel.

Noel seemed a bit confused at her response, tilting her head as she seemed to be guessing places, did she want to know where she was from? Noel looked back at Kara as she looked to her, then back to Brandy.
"Umm, I don't really I mean, I was born in Canada actually if that is what you are asking." Noel looked back to Kara as she mentioned an accent.
"An accent? oh! wait, what? do... do I have an accent?" She asked seeming surprised.
"Hello, hello, hello, bagel, bagel" She started to try and hear her own accent, as she did it become more and more clear to the others of its existence.

"Canada? Really? Fascinating." Brandy said calmly.

Kara heard the accent faintly as Noel tested to listen for her accent. "Wow. Yeah. Slight but it's there. Northern British. Uhh... Say, Noel... You mind saying one of Robin Hood's famous lines? Say 'what ho, varlots!'"

Brandy frowned. "That might be too far north, Kara... But if you please, Noella... Do indulge her?" She finished her taco lunch and waited.

Noel nodded as he asked about Canada smiling and taking a bite of her taco as she did so.

"Oh umm Yeah sure" she cleared her throat again before speaking the lines.

"what ho, varlots!" She called out, the accent actually coming out a little more with that phrase. "hehe, I should steal from the rich and give to the poor next huh?" She giggled a little after and took another bite of her taco as she watched and listened to their response.

Everyone turned to look at who said that in astonishment.

Brandy's eyes got wide as a smirk played on her face. "I sit corrected. Teach me to second guess Supergirl!" She then chuckled and said, "Wouldn't have to rob me... Just check my parents' contributions. Robin would be most pleased." She then arose, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Noella, I'd be honored if you join us every day at lunch."

Kara blushed. "Come on. You're the one that even noticed it to begin with." Not realizing she was rising to leave.

Brandy stopped. "Ah. Chu had a point on your li'l head." She said channeling her inward Don Carnage from TaleSpin. She then waved and walked towards the can to dump her trash.

"So... If you can. Might want to ask the folks if you're grandparents are from Nottingham, England. When I really listen... I can pinpoint within 10 kilometers or so. Like she's originally from around Yellowstone... Just couldn't tell you exactly which state. Montana or Wyoming."

Noel giggled at all their responses, not able but to smile brightly as she was asked to join them for lunch more often. "Hehe, I would love to, I mean as long as we have a supergirl here to protect us" She added with a smile. "Oh and I'll definitely remember to ask them next time I talk to them, though I think it would be from my mother's side" She stated, watching as it seemed lunch may be nearing its end. "Are any of you on Kara's cheer team thing?" She asked curiously.

Brandy nodded, whilst her two yes girls said nothing but kept walking. "Don't mind them. I'm not like most populars. Wish they'd use their tongues once in a while."

"Be careful what you wish for, your name is a sweet liquor!" Kara teased.

"Not like that, doofus!" Brandy gasped blushing.

Noel couldn't help but let out a giggle as she listened to them talk. "Hehe, It's funny I have heard about like shadowers before but haven't really seen it in person" she commented.
"Well don't worry I'll use my tongue, though to be honest am a bit shy, and heh I don't really drink alcohol, even one I hear is quite nice in a coffee" Noel spoke up, it seemed like she may not have quite fully grasped the implication of Kara's statement.

Brandy smirked and then left with a final wave, leaving the two at the table by themselves.

Kara sighed. "Dunno what the folks are planning for dinner, but it might be around the same time as yesterday. Practice again this afternoon after school. See you at home?" She asked. "If you want to wait, I can meet you in the library?"

Noel looked at Kara smiling as she finished her food. "Umm, oh I guess I can wait in the library, I had some things I wanted to catch up on anyway, though I really would like to watch you practice, maybe I could find a more sneaky way to watch?" She asked.

"With Principal Miller, the less I know, the better for the squad and me... Wait... Isn't basketball tryouts supposed to begin this week; nudge nudge, wink wink?" She looked around, no sign of Miller. "I mean he can't get on you, if you have a legitimate reason to be in the gym at what just so happens to be the same time as the cheer squad, right?"

"oh, hehe okay, do I need like a uniform or is what I have okay for that?" she asked smiling brightly. "I mean, I haven't played basketball before, but I know all the rules and stuff so I should be able to at least pretend like I want to make it, plus with my height, they will probably dismiss me on sight" she added.

"Check out the bulletin board, if it's still there, sign up. That's your in. As far as being dismissed just on looks, then the coach never heard of Spud Webb or Amy Waugh." Kara commented with a nod. "Remind him of the former's professional basketball career and the latter's collegiate one. That'll shut him up, there." She sighed. "If it's already been pulled, just show up in the gym. No one has the uniform yet so a regular tee and shorts should work." Kara finished her lunch and took up her trash to take to the garbage. "And I'll see you later." She then stole a quick kiss, before heading to her first afternoon class.

Noel listened and nodded, taking notes before she watched her drop the garbage off and gasped lightly at the kiss, blushing and smiling after the fact, clearly a little shy about it but happy. "R-right, umm bye, I'll see you later than" she called back before finishing her meal throwing the garbage away and making her way to her next class.

As the afternoon wore on, and classes for the day neared an end, Kara had a nagging feeling she was wrong about something, but couldn't put a finger on it. She nodded to her fellow cheerleaders as she came in to meet in the gym. "Basketball start today?"

"I think so... The sign up sheet was taken down this morning, but you know that coach, Kara. He'll let anyone in to try out." A redhead with freckles remarked.

At that moment, like it was on cue, Noel walked into the gym and started to look around before she saw Kara and waved over to her, though she didn't want to presume she was able to go over there. Others started to enter including the coach, they gathered on the other side of the gym, Noel started walking over toward them to keep up the fact she was trying out. Though she didn't know much about basketball other than the rules, she remembered Kara told her about other short players.

Kara nodded and smiled, then saw everyone start coming in. So much for the quick mingle. A different redhead joined the basketball group that stood 5-8 came and stood next to Noel. The coach went into the spiel of what they signed up for, and that contrary to popular belief, basketball was a contact sport. The ladies could expect accidental bumps, brushes and the like, as well as the difference between normal contact and a foul and how fouls could be called without any contact at all. He then called role, to see who was there from the sign up sheet. After, he told those he hadn't called to move over to the bleachers and sit; he'd join in a minute to get their names. The redhead headed for the bleachers, along with one other.

Back
Top Bottom