Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Candy was thankful for the muscles of Jeff, and as soon as the pot was emptied, she shooed Jeffrey. "Sorry, but you helped Lenard. You don't need to help any more. Thanks, Jeff!"

Kara led Noel back up the stairs and back to her room, and sat on the bed, inviting her to take the spot on her right, which led to the head of the bed. She kissed her lips before Noel sat. "I'm still a bit self conscious about going very far, I mean, I know I shouldn't have let it, but that doctor's accusations really affected me more than I thought." She admitted, looking more at her own lap after the kiss. "I second guess what I'm doing, but not the love. I definitely love you."

Jeff nodded and gave them a salute before heading off and sitting on the couch, returning to his phone to do some work, helping the others find more permanent places as well as a new home for the band.

Noel happily went with Kara, kissing her back with a smile. pausing before she took a seat to listen to Kara. Once Kara had finished speaking Noel sat beside her on the bed where she was invited to sit. She reached onto Kara's lap to hold her hand.
"I love you too, and don't mind what that doctor said, I know that is easier said than done but. Listen, no matter what you think, know that I am always comfortable with what we are doing. Okay? and if I feel like things are going somewhere I am not comfortable with I promise." She paused and used her free hand to gently move Kara's gaze to match hers, looking deeply into her blue eyes.
"I promise I will tell you, I don't know what I am comfortable with yet, and I am not going to push anything, but when your ready and when you want to. I am excited to find out, okay? For now, we can maybe kiss some more, snuggle, and I will be ecstatic with that. Because no matter what we are doing, as long as we do it together, you will always make me happy" Noel tried to comfort her, keeping her eyes locked with Kara's after she spoke waiting for her response.

Kara's eyes definitely brightened. "Oh, snuggling is real good, and with Candy helping with the dinner... We can even sleep in. I mean, if you can. I know we can go back to school, but I dunno about open air outside jogging. Not with Steve still loose. He probably saw the news that noon when Mom gave KING-TV the heave ho. That's how he knew where to drop off the package..." She had loosened up enough to wrap an arm around Noel and pull her closer.

They heard the phone ring downstairs, and Lenard answer. "Slow down, detective... Wait, what?! Now? I'm terrible at shorthand... Hang on... I dunno, detective, I'd say use your discretion." He looked over to Jeff. "How good are you at notes? It's Christine. Captain Wainwright has just been involved in a hit and run. Stephanie is hurt but not as bad as her dad, who gave a description before he passed out... Her mom was In the passenger seat. They're all hurt bad enough to be transported. Wainwright thinks it was Steve, and sounds right by the description. Can you please take this? Christine is trying to calm a hysterical Stephanie, who was also in the car. Her mom just seems shaken, and maybe a broken arm. Christine didn't know who else to call! Apparently, we're Captain Wainwright's emergency contact."

Noel nodded.
"Yeah, I'll try sleeping in, and if I wake up, then I'll happily stay to cuddle" Noel replied with a bright look that matched Kara's. Though when Steve was mentioned she lists some of that glitter in her look. She stayed quiet until Kara pulled her close.
"I Love you Kara" She whispered as she wrapped her arms around Kara, wanting to wrap herself around her.

Noel's eyes looked toward the door as they heard the commotion downstairs. Noel holding firmly onto Kara.

Jeff nodded.
"I can take notes" He nodded doing something on his phone.
"I'll help however I can, though I didn't really know that little.. didn't know Steve that well, obviously."

Stephanie could be heard wailing about her legs, her dad, calling the person who hit them an asshat, and all around being inconsolable. Jeff could also hear Stephanie say she was thankful Betty had chosen to catsit, but then wailed again... This time about if she had been contacted yet.

Christine was one hundred times calmer, yet was talking relatively quick and excited, as this was her immediate boss, and his family. "Like I was telling Lenard, the description matches the photo enhanced from Noel's yearbook, minus the tattoo and add another scar along his cheek, as you can hear behind me, ol' Nancy Drew is borderline hysterical. I'm looking for any ideas to calm her down next to knocking her flat with sedation, when she could have been able to give more details now. I don't know how Noel will... Hang on, she's screaming about 'Firecracker', now." She pulled the earpiece away and yelled, "Stephanie! We need you to get a hold of yourself! If you saw anything pertinent, we need that! If you DON'T calm down, I'll have no choice but to have you sedated!" Stephanie seemed to be back to more or less carrying on about "Daddy" and how much her legs hurt... And, of course, the asshat hit and run driver. "Sorry about that, so my question is if you can talk to your sister what all this guy could possibly have been on, and let her know about Stephanie, or should I send a text? Also, Stephanie and her family are redheads, but Stephanie is taller than Noel... But run that past her,too. Anything she can tell us, have her write down... Okay, that is it." Stephanie was getting loud again. Away from the speaker, the order was made. "Sedate her! We'll talk to her when she's rational!" Back to Jeff. "I think that's everything."

Jeff nodded along as she spoke, mostly out of habit.
“Right best I talk to them, try and be delicate about it. And about that red head thing, do you remember if they had shown an image of Noel on that broadcast or not? If so the hair may not matter. If he knows she has white hair now why attack another red head?” He asked.

“But anyway, I’ll go ask, thanks” he nodded hanging up the phone.

Turning to Lenard.
“How do you think Kara will react to this information? Would she be a help or hindrance trying to get a calm answer from Noel?”

Christine shook her head although that wasn't shown. "To my knowledge, and from what other officers who saw it, say... No. They didn't get in and the people in charge at the hospital didn't relay that information. Probably for all Steve knows... She's still a redhead. Since this attack on the Wainwrights possibly ties into Noel's ongoing cases, I'm in charge of this, too, it looks. At least for now. Appreciate it, Jeff. Good luck, I don't envy you in the least." She finally hung up... To help if needed with sedating a certain teen girl basketball player.

Lenard shrugged. "Depends really on how close Kara is to Stephanie. Noel seemed closer."

Meanwhile, upstairs, Kara didn't know what to do except hold Noel. She hoped, for Noel's sake more, that nothing extreme had happened to the Wainwrights. She was friends with Stephanie, but Noel was not only friend, but teammate.

Noel happily held Kara back happy to have some time to just be with her, even if they were just cuddling, that was enough for her, she loved the closeness.

Jeffery took a moment to think about how he was going to drop the information on them before asking about Steve, even thinking about the fact that he might ask her about him before telling her about the Wainwrights.

Eventually, Jeff walked up and knocked on the door. Hello girls, I need a word.

Hearing the knock Noel jumped a little then looked at the door, sighing once she had heard that it was Jeff wanting to talk to them. She looked at Kara for how they should reply.

Kara didn't pull fully away. Just enough to make it less obvious, although it was Jeff. "I didn't lock it. It's not nine, yet." She called to Jeff, while rubbing Noel's back.

Lenard, meanwhile, informed Pat of the news.

Jeff slowly opened the door, Noel folding her hands in her lap but stayed close to Kara, enjoying and being calmed by the back rub.

"Hey, sorry but I have to ask, and tell you some things. First, I am going to lead by letting you know, everyone will be fine" Jeff spoke calmly but that news put Noel on edge.

"What? who will be fine? what happened?" Noel asked leaning into Kara a little more.

"The Wainwrights were in a little car accident, and it was a hit and run." He explained.

"What?! oh my god, they are going to be okay though?"

"Yes, everyone sounded like they will be fine. Just in a little shock, but I just have some questions for you, if you are okay with that." He asked not wanting to rush them taking this information in.

"Man, that driver wrecked a Seattle Police Captain?! He or she is going away for a long time. Especially leaving the scene. Even I know that's like to be on their permanent driving record... If they'll even be allowed to drive again." Kara gasped. "Betty's part of their family... Sort of. Does Candy know?"

(Remember, Stephanie was glad Betty stayed home at the Wainwrights to catsit.)

"Yeah, I'll let Candy know soon they are calling Betty, she had stayed back to watch the cat," Jeff explained.

"But Noel, you don't know if Steve took any drugs or anything do you?" He asked.

"What? what does he have to do with this?" She asked seeming a little more nervous now.

"They think he may have been driving" Jeff explained.

"What? but, why... oh my god..." Noel paused and looked down.

"Now I know what you are thinking Noel and-"

Before Jeff could finish Noel spoke up.
"This is all my fault, he thought she was me, at least from behind and from far away, he might have been watching them leave here" Noel spoke up.

"Noel you can't control his actions, and they don't know of certain this may not have been him" Jeff wanted to calm her before asking the question again.

Kara was holding to the fact Jeff said the Wainwrights would be fine. "You know, I think Detective Andersen said that, too, Noel. He is loose, Stephanie and her family have red hair... And Betty was with them when they left. They probably went home to change clothes... This definitely isn't YOUR fault. It's his. He's the one who can't let go." She took a deep breath. "Steph looked so happy to finally have a girlfriend... Let's hope Betty can hold it together." Kara forgot... Betty was 21, although, she would panic at first, especially when she learns Stephanie had to be sedated. "Noel... They praised you for being a good help on the case... Here's a way to prove Detective Christine isn't wrong about you. You can do this. You heard Jeff, your bestie is going to be fine. She's only shaken." She then teased Noel. "Just like James Bond's martinis. If shaken is good for a martini, then Nancy Drew will be fine once the shock wears off. She'll bounce right back." Yes, Kara also pulled a basketball pun out of her bag of tricks.

Noel gave a smile to Kara, seeming to stop Noel's tears even before they formed, as Noel turned to look at her Jeff gave her a thumbs up and a nod in thanks for the assist.
"Okay, umm, no, at least when I knew him he only smoked pot and drank, nothing hard. At least that I knew about, though he also wasn't trying to kill people back then either so who knows." She replied.

"No that helps, it shows that he at least as a penitent for drugs even if before it was only those two. Neither of which should be done while driving." Jeff explained.
"Thank you both, I am passing that info on now," He said as he typed into his phone sending that to Christine.
'Well that was the sum of what I needed unless there was more you think might help I can get out of your hair" Jeff offered Noel shaking her head before looking to Kara encase she had any ideas.

"Well, except for the age difference of three years, I mean you saw Betty, Noel... If I wore my hair like that, we could almost be twins. There was definitely a foul on that play. Stephanie may need to get her tux outta mothballs and investigate."

And Kara needed to quit with the Bond and basketball puns while she was still ahead...

(End post)

“I hope that wasn’t it, that would mean he was targeting you, I was thinking he thought I was Stephanie.” Noel replied back concerned.

“l’ll pass it along, if you think of anything else, message me and I’ll pass it along.” Jeff told them before closing their door for them and leaving.

Kara thought as Jeff left. She had a puzzled expression. It wasn't until she actually MADE her statement that it sunk in. Pat had warned Noel Kara could be dense at times.

"Exactly. Get rid of the competition, and... Oh, oh. Oh! OOOOHHHH!!" Her eyes bugged out more with each 'oh' until they were as big as saucers, and she looked at Noel's white hair and back to her eyes and then up , and pointed to it, "You mean you and Steph are, erm, hair twins?" The only people who had known of the friendlies up to this point was Jeff and Christine.

Noel looked back at Kara and paused as she looked her up and down, not sure what he was talking about till she mentioned the hair twins' comment.
“Oh poop!” she facepalmed herself.
“Yes, though we aren't an exact match my hair is a little darker than hers, where hers is an orange-red, mine is closer Auburn,” she admitted looking down.
“I was hoping to surprise you, you didn't know already from when we showered together?” she asked fiddling with her hands.

Kara tsked, though it wouldn't be sure if the tongue click would be at Noel or herself. "I wasn't exactly checking that out at the time. Just washing your hair and back. Every shower we were pressed for time. Should I have been? But girlfriend or not, isn't that a bit rude?" Now would be a good time to indicate how rude her ogling the Welch's tropical popsicles were, since Kara wanted to split hairs... Erm. So to speak.

Christine shook her head as she read the text. She sent Jeff a text with two simple words, proving how much more still Australian she was. It was so quick a reply, it had to be by instinct for the Aussie detective. Cheers, mate! Lemme kno she thinks of anything else.

Noel blushed at her response and nodded.
“Right that makes sense, kind of silly I thought that now that I think about it, I mean I was afraid to look at anything in the shower, other then like your hair and back and stuff obviously.” Noel’s face was beat red.

“I promise I didn’t peak at anything, but like, I did see when we first met, when you did that Singing thing..” she admited.

Kara nodded. "I was trying to lighten up everyone. You saw how well that worked..." A sigh escaped as she cuddled into Noel lightly. "And we were kinda in emergency mode during this past week, anyhoo. I don't think anybody got to play."

Kara put on some music that seemed like it was instrumentals of the Monkees. "You're not the only one that needs to practice when Candy decides to go through with her promise of having Jeff host another karaoke. I doubt it'll happen before Wednesday, or on that evening since she'll be sitting and signing autographs for four hours straight. But...we should be ready. I'll start, you take the next verse, look up Daydream Believer by the Monkees. In fact all of them on this instrumental music CD are all greatest hits."

Once the first instrumental ended, which was the TV theme song, the next one began, and Kara sang first, she would later join in for the chorus after Noel's verse and chorus. She sang as if to Noel, hoping Noel would copy that and seem like she was singing her half to Kara.

Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings
Of the bluebird as she sings
The six o'clock alarm would never ring
But it rings and I rise
Wipe the sleep out of my eyes
The shavin' razor's cold and it stings

Cheer up, sleepy Jean
Oh, what can it mean
To a
Daydream believer, and a
Homecoming queen

Cheer up, sleepy Jean
Oh, what can it mean
To a
Daydream believer, and a
Homecoming queen

By the time she was finishing her half the song, she was starting to sound a little British without realizing it.

Noel looked up the lyric on her phone and both watched Kara and kept track of where she was at in them, then once she seemed finished Noel got up. She used the rhythm and sound Kara had used as a guide when singing, happily singing it to Kara as if it was what she was saying to her.

You once thought of me
As a white knight on his steed
Now, you know how happy I can be
Whoa, and our good times start and end
Without dollar one to spend
But how much, baby, do we really need

Cheer up, sleepy Jean
Oh, what can it mean that
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen

Cheer up, sleepy Jean
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen

Cheer up, sleepy Jean
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen

Noel's natural but usually subtle accent really shined through this song without her even knowing it. She smiled brightly at Kara happy that they were singing together. Once they had completed the song, Noel pulled Kara in and wrapped her arms around her, giving her a soft kiss.

"Hehe, that was fun, what should we do next?" Noel asked, plopping down onto the bed in a sit.​

Kara didn't stop the CD, focussing more on kissing back, and even didn't catch the cue to start singing the lyrics to I'm a Believer. "Next? Mmm, I think I'm ready... And I know I loved it when you were in control downstairs... No one's gonna walk in on us now."

Downstairs, Betty rang the phone and was borderline hysterical with whomever answered the phone. "I just got word my Steffi was in a horrible accident! They had to sedate her!"

If Jeff answers, it'll be a quicker calm down. Betty had always done a better job of actually LISTENING to Jeff, than even Candy (who's too busy crushing to pay attention to his words half the time).

Back
Top Bottom