Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Jeff nodded and gave Lenard a salute.
"You got it, when the time comes I'll get that set up for you" Jeff walked out with Jeff, grabbing his phone to do some work as he waited for the time to return to kitchen work.

Noel jumped a little as Candy came in, moving into an almost protective position for just a moment before she realized who was there.
"Oh umm, I, yeah of course you can." Noel noticed sitting up to avoid PDA in front of Candy.

Though anyone who could read Noel (which was not too hard) could tell she was a little disappointed to have her alone time with Kara inturupted. But she was too polite and nice to tell Candy no.

Kara gave Noel a little nudge, wondering if she hadn't heard what Kara had said. Even Candy would have understood if Noel would rather not have had extra company. One of Kara's chairs at her desk was moved and positioned just far enough from the TV that Kara, Pat and probably Jeff, wouldn't bitch at Candy about sitting too close to it. Kara being right there definitely would have said something, albeit nicely. Pat, meh, not so much.

Maybe it was a good thing Candy had been invited to stay for the show, as the DVD player wanted to restart disc #3. Kara stopped it via remote, but Candy was already up and at the DVD player, and waved Kara to stay put. "No. No. That's right. System fine. Kara, I suggest you get your dad in here to look at it. It's not wanting to go to the last DVD. It's switching okay between the first three, but won't go to the fourth disc. It's wanting to restart three for some odd mechanical reason. Switching to the last has gotta be done manually." She looked at the screen. "There. Green Hornet episodes 21-26. Try starting 21 now." The episode started without a hitch. Candy sat back down in her chair.

As an aside to Noel, Kara remarked a bit cheeky. "You just knew, didn't you? I'm never doubting your decision on guests again..." The remark ended on a kiss to Noel's cheek. And it wasn't a peck.

Noel looked at Kara from the nudge but didn't understand the purpose, thinking she may have been just playing she smiled lightly.

When Candy helped to get the DVD player going smoothly Noel smiled, happy to have her there, and even more so when she got a kiss out of it.
"I umm, I didn't really know, but th-thank you" She blushed at the kiss, how did her heart race every time still when Kara did things like that? Was she always going to get that rush of emotion from her? She hoped so, she loved it despite how she hid her face and blushed heavily when it happened. This time around also gently biting her lip.

"I love you" She whispered as quietly as she could.

Kara smiled and said, "I love you, too," back just as quietly as the half hour program started the theme a few minutes into the episode.

Almost an hour later, Lenard headed back to the kitchen and also gave a nod to Jeffrey. Lenard washed the lettuce, tomatoes and onions and took everything including the plates for the toppings to the smaller table, along with one of the older cutting boards (he was bound and determined to let Pat break in her new hickory board herself, as she would be cooking with someone the next day for Saturday. Vegetables were almost always a given whenever Pat cooked). Soon his knife was slicing onions and dicing some for the chili, which he had neglected in stirring. While setting up the fries, maybe Jeff would notice and use the large stirring spoon already out and used a few times to make sure the chili wasn't sticking to the bottom of the pot.

Noel couldn't help but smile as she heard that, every time Kara said it to her she got all giddy inside, though outside she simply smiled and rested again as they continued to watch.

Jeff nodded back and went to the kitchen, placing the fries down when the time came and stirring the chilli periodically as well as any other task he saw that needed to get done.

Lenard muttered, "da hek widdit" when he noticed they only had a twelve pack of "frankfurters" and proceeded to dump all in the boiling pot. "Someone (read Kara) always wants a second hot dog anyway, so we all might as well have two apiece this time." The burgers pulled and the fries in the oven, Lenard pulled out the whole wheat hamburger buns and made the six burgers, "Everyone want cheese that isn't named Kara?" He called for all to answer, although he was already putting cheese, a cheddar cheese slice at that, on his, Pat's and Kara's. Candy was barely heard asking Jeff (cheddar is high in sodium) if she could have it on hers, forgetting she didn't have to when it's part of the meal and there's other things to eat. She'd have to have her baked potato fries salt free, though.

Jeff said that Noel will likely pass on the Cheese, which was confirmed when she yelled down that she didn't want cheese. He then turned to Candy and explained that she would not be able to put salt on fried or potatoes, but she could have some cheese, but not in excess.

Noel meanwhile after shouting her response quietly apologized and re-took her position by Kara.

Candy nodded to the agreement. "As long as I can have chili cheese fries, okay. Don't salt mine." Again that would be fine, but Jeffrey would have to put Candy's allotment on them.

"I never salt fries. That's up to the individual. And salt isn't added to chili fries anyhow." Lenard commented grating the entire 24oz block of cheddar for the chili.

"Then I'm safe." Candy shrugged. "According to my doctor ordered nutritionist." She gave Jeff a hug before exiting back out of the kitchen.

Kara hugged Noel in a side version as she stopped the DVD player. "It's okay. Well. Since episode 23 just ended, let's get our hands washed and start heading for dinner."

Pat started the 50s rock from various artists, at that moment.

Lenard nodded to Jeff to call everyone "to the diner", as he took out the condiments and chopped onions and shredded cheese bowls, before coming out with each plate containing the cheeseburger deluxe (except Noel's. A hamburger deluxe was her main course) bookended by two untreated hot dogs. The chili pot sat on a hot plate in the center of the table. Lenard would bring out the fries on platters, as well as the six bowls for those who just wanted regular chili. He could have left Candy's in the kitchen. She wanted chili dogs AND chili fries. Although, again, JEFF would give her allotted cheese with already a slice on her burger, that she wanted all on her chili fries, which she was allowed to put the onions on.

Jeff hugged her back then gave her a gentle pat as she went out of the kitchen. Jeff washing his hands before he continued to help where he could once he made the announcement to the house.

Noel snuggled into Kara a little as the episode ended and she knew they had to get ready for dinner.
"Aww, I hoped we had a little more time." She smiled and made sure to get up with Kara and accompany her to the bathroom to wash their hands before making their way down to eat.
"Thank you," Noel said as she received her burger.

Jeff helped Candy with her portioning and then served himself once she was set.

Kara just smirked at first, not saying anything. Once they finished washing their hands for dinner was when Kara finally spoke up. "You know, as long as Candy's staying here because of her housing situation, you and I are sharing my bed. I think we have the alone time covered, although we might have company when we watch DVD shows."

Kara also put chili on her dogs and added some to her bowl, after putting some shredded cheese in the bottom of it first, and stirring after the chili was added.

"There's Kara being different again. I swear, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you are from a different planet... Or dimension, one." Pat chuckled with a head shake.

Candy thanked Jeff again, but this time less enthusiastic, as she was hoping for more than an ounce or two spread on her chili fries. " So, since Jeff helped Lenard with the dinner, who's helping me with the dishes?"

Pat looked surprised. "You know... I'm beginning to think the only rotation we need to plan any more is who's cooking dinner." She then looked to Noel and Kara, before looking at Candy. "Usually, we cook together, and when we don't, the one not involved with dinner has dish duty. I was going to ask for a volunteer shortly, about halfway through the meal."

After having everyone start, Lenard got up and pulled out the cold shake glasses and prepared the drink/dessert. "Six cream soda floats, coming up, I wanted everyone sitting and starting to eat before I made these." He announced.

Soon all the drinks were also served, complete with striped straws and a long handled teaspoon in the glass.

He sat back down and continued eating his own dinner.

While washing their hands Noel returned her smile, a blush being added to it as she was reminded they would get time alone when sleeping together.
"R-right, though I still think as much time alone as possible is nice" She replied bashfully.

Noel also put chili on her dog and got a bowl but skimped on the cheese, letting out a light giggle at Pat's comment. She also added some chili to the hamburger she had without the cheese.

"Oh!, why don't all three of us do the dishes?" Noel suggested looking by her Kara and Candy. Noel was trying to go by Kara's advice and not seek their alone time as much, thinking that was what Kara wanted.

Jeff knew Candy was a little disappointed with her serving he knew it was best for her.

As Kara pushed her vanilla ice cream scoop into the amber colored liquid with the spoon (real cream soda, not that red stuff by Barq's), just to watch it pop back up like some tasty sweet iceberg, she kinda missed Noel's offer.

It wasn't lost on Pat, however. "I like the assertiveness you're starting to show more of, Noel, but I got it tonight. After all, I'm cooking tomorrow. If I don't do it tonight, the soonest I could would be Sunday." She turned to Candy next, and Noel would realize what was up. Candy was going to be the helper and learn about Slovak cooking. "Candy, I'm electing you to help me prepare dinner tomorrow, so that you'll know what to expect when it's your turn to cook on a Saturday."

Candy shrugged and nodded. She was always up to learning how to cook different national meals.

Noel nodded, though she was serious about the offer she was happy that she would now get that time to be with Kara alone again. Once Kara was done Noel got her float ready.

Jeff waited for the others to be done before going for his float.

Since the float had served also as the drink, Kara had taken a sip after her chili and chili dogs as she had saved her burger and fries for last. It wasn't long before the diner fare was finished (although there was chill and some cheese and onions left for lunch for someone) and everyone was on the diner dessert... Although it was a drink, too, as Kara had shown during the meal.

"We never got beyond Sunday night for dinner." Pat finally said, breaking the silence. "Noel. Probably the soonest I'll get to Pike Place is when I'm downtown for my hair Wednesday morning. If you have the marinade ready by then, I could put the fish in it for you and save you that step, because unfortunately otherwise I will need to have you start as soon as you get home from school and before you finish any homework. Dinner would run late that night, but we can get by not eating at our usual time of between five and six. It's up to you, I'm just giving you the option to save a step and us possibly eating on time."

She then looked at Candy and Jeffrey. "Who's taking Monday? The other would have Tuesday by default."

Candy looked sideways to Jeffrey, sipping her float, maybe doing a bit of flirt with the way the straw was in her mouth, and her shy look over, pretty much letting him pick which day he wanted to cook and she'd take the leftover one.

Noel nodded.
"Yeah, I need to soak the board the day before so when I get that set up I can also make the marinade and place it in the fridge. Just make sure to give it a mix before you put the salmon in, after that is should be fine to leave it." Noel replied looking over to pat, having finished eating.

Jeff nodded.
"I can take Monday, though don't expect anything as fancy as Noel's here, I am no chef" He admitted.

Pat nodded and took a sip of float; she then saw Kara push the ice cream scoop down into the cream soda again. "Lenard? How did you put our floats together?"

Surprised, Lenard finally shrugged. "Same as always. Chilled the glasses in the freezer a half hour, ice cream, cream soda."

Pat looked at her own hardly melting scoop then the others who would be experiencing the same snail's pace melt rate, and sighed. "New float rule. Don't chill the glasses anymore. Sensitive fingers like mine can't hold the glass for support, and impatient people like Kara would like more vanilla ice cream melt in their drink. I have to admit, there's better flavor, and we're not using the spoons at the restaurant... Usually. I mean, really, Lenard... We aren't eating slushies." She looked around. So far, Kara was the only nodder at the table.

Jeffery would not seem to have an opinion on the matter but also looked around for the others, he was using a spoon to eat the ice cream that was still solid.

Noel paused for a moment before speaking up.
"Umm, why don't we just blend the ice cream first? soften it up so it mixes better, that way you could still chill the glasses, or umm, get soft serve for these things? If that is an option as well" She asked.

"Can you even get soft serve store bought in tubs?" Candy asked. "Usually I just take everyone to Baskin Robbins or Dairy Queen or some mom and pop ice cream shop. That was a great idea, Noel, if they can actually get the ice cream that way."

Lenard thought about it. "Or, about halfway through the chilling of the glasses, pull the ice cream out to soften up."

Kara shook her head. "Fifteen is still too long out. It'll be soup, or milk... Or soupy milk. Isn't five minutes more appropriate?" She also looked around for help on her attempt. "I do like Noel's idea if we can find store bought soft serve. I mean Candy's right. When has any of us ever seen soft serve except at specialty places?"

Both parents looked at her and then each other with a strange look on their faces. Strange, as it would be the first time Noel would have confused both of them completely. Usually, one or the other got the gist. This time it was clear neither did.

One more was added to the lifeboat, as Kara didn't look at her and had a perplexed look on her face as well. "Blended ice cream?" She repeated, looking at her mom, who just shrugged.

Leave it to starving artist Candy to possibly be the rescue ship. "Are you talking about making ice cream in the blender, Noel? Because the only blended ice cream I know of is the one ingredient recipes on Google when I searched for blender desserts. I also got things like smoothies, fruit puree, and things like that."

Noel looked around at the confused faces, blushing as she now felt like she did something stupid.
"I umm, y-yeah, I um, like a smoothie, right? isn't that what it's like?" Noel asked a bit more retreated.

"Oh, Noel you are thinking of milkshakes, they are different from floats. Our family didn't really have ice cream-based deserts growing up" Jeffery explained.

Relief appeared on everyone. Everyone had an opinion related to that.

Kara sighed happily, "I didn't think of milkshakes." She admitted.

Pat nodded, "What an ace idea when we make a milkshake, but that would be more during the summer, luv."

Lenard even agreed. "Something to keep in mind, that's for sure. Thanks for the idea, Noel."

Candy and Pat finished their floats not long after, and Candy picked up the pot of chili, "Whoah, easily about a third of the pot here."

"Add the onions, stir it, and then put it in a bowl with a lid and in the fridge. Put a lid on the shredded cheese. Someone finish that for lunch either tomorrow or Sunday." Lenard stated.

Once everyone was finished with their floats, they were excused to do what they wanted for the night.

Jeff helped to clean the table off, putting the cheese away once sealed. And helping Candy prep the Chili for storage until the next day.

Once done with their floats and their glasses where they should be to be cleaned, Noel took Kara's hand and looked into her eyes with a smile, not saying a word.

Back
Top Bottom