Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Noel would happily accompany Kara and the others as they picked out their teas and coffee. She remained pretty quiet even as they got to the fruits, she would simply quietly grab a bag and put some apples in it. Then return to Kara, watching as Jeff helped her pick out avocados.

"You see you don't want them too soft, because then by the time you use them they are over ripe, but not too hard either, or else you need to wait for them to ripen, oh like this one, some softness without being too soft." He explained.

As Kara was being schooled on avocados and tomatoes... Candy was schooling Noel on apple buying. "When they're on sale like this, at 99 cents a pound for most varieties. Mix and match is the best. Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Gala, everything but Granny Smith. And watch out you don't get any bruised ones."

Once those were done, Candy looked over the bananas, grapes and pears. With Kara busy looking at cucumbers and peppers with Jeffrey, it would fall on Noel to tell Candy to text Lenard or Pat before picking any grapes, because she was really looking hard at the green seedless. They still needed berries.

Noel looked back at her as she went over the types.
"Why not granny smith?"

As she saw her looking at grapes she gently tapped her shoulder.
"Umm the Zorels mentioned they needed berries of some sort."

Jeffery meanwhile was schooling Kara on peppers when it came to spicy levels as well as on cucumbers.

Candy grinned. "Granny Smith apples make lousy snacks... Unless you're making a pie or doing some other kind of baking." As she gazed wistfully at the green grapes, she finally dragged herself away with a sigh, and went to the berries. "Sheesh. The berry prices... Oh well... I only remember something about it couple cartons of mixed berries. I don't see any mixed together." She lamented.

Kara glanced over as Jeffrey wrapped up about the produce they were at. "Folks mean a couple cartons of each type. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries." Turning back to Jeffrey, she said, "My problem is getting THESE too soft. How do you tell on them. We need all color of bell, and some banana, pepperchini, and jalapenos... Though I think we might be farther ahead getting a jar of already sliced ones out of the international aisle. Fresh jalapenos are outta sight." Then she spotted the display of ghost peppers. That curious "supercat" needed yanked from reaching for one of THOSE. Only the REAL Supergirl could survive a close encounter with THAT pepper... And Kara definitely was NOT Kryptonian.

Noel listened to Candy, pausing for a moment before putting two granny smiths in her bag and some other apples, creating a mix.

Jeffery smirked and grabbed two Ghost Peppers as well as two Carolina Reapers.
"heh, perhaps we can find a use for these" He smirked placing them separate from the other peppers.

Kara could only smirk back and thanked Jeffrey, as she tried to follow the not too hard not too soft routine on the bell peppers that she just learned applied to tomatoes and avocadoes. After getting two of each of the colors of bell peppers, she decided to just grab a handful of pepperchini, recognizing them as the peppers that came in the boxes with the Papa John's pizzas. "Mom said two pounds... This look like two pounds?" She asked Jeffrey to check weight by feel as the nearest scale was by the bananas and definitely wasn't sitting on the "0", the arrow about a quarter or so "pounds" backwards.

Candy could only shake her head, and meandered her way back towards the grapes... If she wanted some green grapes, she needed head of household permission, or risk a parental lecture... Adult or no.

Kara, not seeing what Candy was up to, said "Next stop international aisle. Certain rice, including brown, spices, sauces and various other goodies, including the jar of already sliced jalapenos. That's the aisle to kinda go bonkers in, but not too crazily, for things for any of you want to cook for supper on any given night. We're buying for a month, remember, so that's four meals a piece for each of us." That would also be the aisle of taco shells and tortilla wraps, from small tamale to large burrito.

Noel would return to Kara once she had her apples, waiting as she and Jeffery finished figuring out the weight of the peppers. Then followed them to the international aisle, also not minding what Candy was doing.

In the international aisle, Noel tried to find some things for a Japanese-style meal, and a Mexican and Spanish one. Jeffery would go find Candy at this point.

Candy was apparently bound and determined to get the grapes, noticing that only the green ones were at $1.19 a pound, whereas both the others (red and purple) were already $1.99. Seeing Jeffrey she smiled and nodded, while bagging a few smaller bunches. "Can't go wrong at 80 cents cheaper... Besides, the green are not as sweet as the other two." And yet even the green one have 15-23 grams of sugar per cup (depends on which site you ask...)... One of many fruits (Mangos as well) that have to be cleared through Lenard and Pat first. "Now let's go catch up. I got this great idea for a British dinner... Wait, did Kara get any onions? And potatoes?" The answer to both those would be yes.

As Kara kept an eye on the cart, she browsed the spices, looking for Greek or Mediterranean seasoning as well as some oregano. "Noel? What do you need here at the spice display while I'm here. I can get it for you."

Jeffery crossed his arms.
"They specifically said no to grapes, afraid I cannot approve of this"

Noel nodded and grabbed a few spices as well.
"Is that okay?" she asked.

Candy's whole body seemed to slump. "They get pretty much every other fruit under the sun (no they don't), don't understand the big deal on grapes. Or bananas. I did hear a definitive no on them." She put the bag down and said, "I still need to get ingredients for my British style dinner. Shepherd's Pie."

Kara gave a mock pout. "I coulda got those for you..."

As Candy came into the international aisle, she sighed as there wasn't anything British (except the thyme) she could get. "Well... That's bogus." She grunted. She looked over both sides of the aisle meticulously again. "Oh, come on. No Canada either?" She finally settled on some German style dinner mix and a Thai spice Noel forgot. "At least I could get the herbs and spices for my planned dinners." She shrugged.

Kara hugged Noel, "It's okay... It's just that I was right there." She looked at Jeff. "Oh. Right. Next." She looked on her phone. "Juices and teas. Get 100% juices only. Two each of three different ones. Teas any two gallons of Arizona only EXCEPT..." A quick look at Candy, "Sweet Southern. Should be coffee, too. Large can of regular, get a small jar of instant. Your choice."

Candy looked guiltily at Jeff who knew THAT was her favorite Arizona tea... Although she did like Arnold Palmer's tea and lemonade. She COULD get that.

Noel giggled as she found out the places Candy wanted to get things from.
"hehe, well neither are really known for their food, I mean other than maple syrup and maybe beef I am not sure what a Canadian ingredient would be" She admitted.

Jeffery nodded.
"well then lets, go get those shall we?" He smiled, having felt bad about the grapes and felt this would be a fine compromise.

Last edited:
"You kinda rang that bell." Candy said, looking at Noel. "There's this great family recipe supposed from there where you're actually cooking in maple syrup. The real stuff. It sounds breakfast, mostly because of the eggs and ground sausage... But we used to have it every once in a while for dinner... I'll need help on the veggies part of it, as I'm not sure how to cook them, yet they keep most their vitamins, minerals AND crispness. All I know is they're cooked over low heat."

Kara looked right at her. "Why didn't you mention that while we were over there by the breakfast foods?!" She didn't mean to be curt. "Jeff, I'll go back and get that. If it's for cooking, and it's the NATURAL maple syrup... Mom will allow it. I'll meet you in the coffee, tea and juices aisle. I want at least one bottle of my favorite Ocean Spray. Cranberry-Pomegranate. That, I know, they have in 100% juice." She then took off for the breakfast aisle and the real maple syrup, coming back after five minutes with a small 16oz bottle with a tree on it and the Canadian flag.

Last edited:
Jeff nodded and brought the others to the section and waited for Kara's return after getting what they needed.

Once Kara returned to them in the coffee and tea aisle Noel smiled at her return.
"There is another meal that I can make with that, it's actually a salmon, though I need a few other things as well, do you think your parents would be okay with that?" Noel asked.

Kara set the bottle in the cart. "And you said you didn't have anything Canadian to make." She teased, before asking, "What all is in yours?" She'd have to think if they already have the items at the house. After seeing the two Arizona gallons of tea, she nodded approvingly. "Arnold Palmer's Half and Half. Green Tea with Honey and Ginseng. Candy pick both? Def good taste. Sweet without being too. I'm going to have to ask Mom about the soy sauce, but I think we have everything else, Noel. I doubt Mom will have issues with either of your dishes. In fact, we should go meet mom and dad in the frozen snacks area now. Lunch is usually burritos or pizza bites or something like them."

"Yeah okay," Noel nodded and happily followed Kara to find her parents, though would allow Kara to explain what they wanted to ask once they had gotten there, though she would speak up if she needed to explain her dish some more. As well as some sides she could make with it.

Tugging on the grocery cart, Kara would lead the other two to the frozen as well. Kara wasn't good at remembering everything, but managed to name the garlic, BBQ and soy sauces as well as the natural maple syrup.

Candy mentioned hers as well, and Pat proceeded to scratch her head in thought. "What kind of barbeque sauce? We have Open Pit Hickory at the house."

"That reminds me. A hickory board too. What ever that is." Kara said.

"Yeah, no. I know we don't have that." Lenard commented. "Just hickory briquettes for the grill, and these." He pointed to the steaks. "That's a later meal. Today is American Diner."

"Oh yes, umm a sweeter bbq sauce is good, I like sweet baby rays, but most will do just fine, and a hickory board is just a piece of hickory wood really, you soak it in water so it does not burn in the bbq or oven," Noel answered looking up at them to see if they had any more questions.

Pat nodded. "So salmon, which we'll get at the fish market downtown by the pier. Garlic, which we have in the pantry. Maple syrup you have in the cart. Can you use the hickory barbeque sauce we already have? We can get the hickory board at Home Depot, I'm sure... The soy sauce needs to be picked up in the international aisle. I don't see it in the cart. Are we forgetting something you need for that dinner, Noel?"

"Umm, I assume you already have mustard, and we need to make sure the hickory board is a specific kind, like with no chemical treatments on it, but smooth." She added.

Kara facepalmed. "I knew I was forgetting something. I forgot you mentioned that."

Pat chuckled. "Nevertheless, we have plain yellow mustard along with a few other flavors, there at the house, yes. As for your board, maybe you should go with Lenard and make sure he gets the right one. Go get your soy sauce and come back here to pick out a few frozen lunches for you all. I have a feeling I let the pop star do it, you'll be eating pizza rolls til they're coming outta your ears."

Candy looked quickly to Jeff, blushing, and apparently wanting something to crawl under. She was pegged and she knew it.

Kara, meanwhile, went to the frozen breakfasts and returned with twenty-four breakfast burritos of mixed varieties. Pat pulled the six with potatoes and handed them to her. "Back. You know better. If we have potatoes in burritos it's by scratch. We don't even get frozen french fries. Get one of each of the other four, and an extra jalapeno for yourself and apple wood bacon for your dad. March."

Noel nodded and quickly left then returned with a bottle of low sodium soy sauce.
"Okay, let's get some of those frozen lunches then?"

Jeff smirked.
"Not the healthiest diet, let us try and avoid that shall we?"

"Well yeah, usually frozen meals aren't great health-wise, but frozen ingredients are usually fine. Actually, I heard cooking and re-freezing and then re-heating repeatedly makes pasta actually a little heathier to eat." Noel stated.

Pat showed the breakfast burritos to the other three. Hearing Jeff, she nodded. "One package of the 60 count. Preferably the combo is fine, no more. Except for the ones with potatoes, these are pretty decent. El Monterey Natural. We're basically looking for fast and not extremely filling for days off of school and/or the weekend. Some of the lighter meals from Lean Cuisine are also acceptable. No Banquet and no potatoes. When we get enough mixed lunches, we'll get our ice cream bars and the tub of vanilla for tonight's cream soda floats, and check out."

Jeff nodded, alright that should not be too bad, should we send Noel and Lenard off now to Home depot when the rest of us finish up here or are we keeping the same split up teams and all finishing here then splitting one back to your place and the other to pick up the board?" He asked.

Back
Top Bottom