Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Girlfriend Cosplays Supergirl (w/KiraMusani)

Kara sidestepped one question while answering the other. "I thought I knew all the breakfast places here. So, yeah, it was fun and a new eating experience. I wasn't paying attention to what Jeffrey got, but it was some skillet breakfast or other." She then asked her own question. "What about that breakfast burrito? What did you do, inhale it?" She asked with a wry smile.

Candy smiled, "I don't think any of my songs are available on your playlist, yet, but that's not a bad idea." Unfortunately, since her first album wasn't going to be released for another ten days, although her cover version of Dream Weaver her first single and a semi hit was occasionally heard on the radio (especially in Duluth, her hometown) in anticipation of a week from Wednesday, Jeffrey would only find Dream Weaver and The Gambler (side B) which showed her ability to cross genres with ease. "And... Everyone but me picks mine. You first." Candy gave him a kiss on the cheek. Not getting to pick her own songs meant she was up to something... Probably wanting her Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips. Currently 'snackage non grata' for not letting her voice heal when she was told to.

Noel blushed at the question about her food.
"Oh heh, no I wasn't sure if I could eat the whole thing so I was hoping to split it with someone, it's still wrapped up." She said showing her the burrito.

Jeffery smiled.
"Oh, so just to be clear you want me to pick your song for you?" He asked before deciding on a song.

(any extra wrap would have been wax paper because of the way the box probably didn't close right)
Kara shook her head. "Oof, don't look at me. Those breakfast burritos are filling. You should be able to finish it all though. All three of us did."

Screenshot_20210520-071357.png
(Except napkins wouldn't be that restaurant. Sauce cup, yes)

Candy nodded. "And Kara, Pat, Noel... And Lenard if he plays."

Pat had just walked Dr. Brinker to her car and came back in. "What are we doing?"

Candy mentioned it before Jeffrey could. "Karaoke."

Pat shook her head. "Chores first. And we need to get things you like as you're guests for the foreseeable future. We need to restock our pantry and freezer first. Play time can be from the time the groceries are put up until bedtime, with a break for dinner, except Lenard. It's his turn to cook."

Noel nodded.
"Okay, guess I'll go eat this at the table then" she responded, holding the burrito in both hands and turning to go to the table.

Jeffery nodded.
"Got it, shopping and chores first, I'll head out."

Pat said calmly, "We're all heading out. Noel gets to eat breakfast first. You two can just relax on the couch as we're all using the minivan."

Lenard descended the steps. "Who, what, where, when, how, why?" He glanced to Jeff and Candy. "Is my wife tormenting you two?" He asked with a grin. "Everyone ready for some shopping... I know. Silly question for the girls."

"When Noel finishes. She did just get her breakfast."

Lenard nodded. "Definitely smells good."

"Wow, that's pretty good size." He glanced at his wife, who shrugged. "If you're sure you can't finish it all, I'll be happy to help you knock it out. Tear the lid off your box there, I'll use it. That way, saving on time by not dirtying dishes."

Noel nodded then got a knife to cut the burrito in half, so they would both have one closed end and one open end. Once she cut it she carefully placed one in the torn box top and the other in the wrapping so they both would have something to eat it in.
"Thanks, which half do you want?" She asked offering both to him to choose from.

Lenard made a face and shook his head as he got a fork (either the one from the package that came with it, or from the drawer). Once he got his half he asked for half the dip that also came with it, eating the large burrito half with the fork after pouring his half of the sauce into the open end of the burrito. Once finished with that, he dug in.

After taking a bite himself, Lenard shook his head. "That is tame compared to most sauces. That's why I didn't want all. Sweet and sharp both. Probably not even as hot as your burrito mix was from dinner. Dip a bit of your burrito edge in the cup, there's a hint of maple flavor. It's made with a syrup of some kind. Some people put syrup on their scrambled eggs and bacon, and since burrito sauce is supposed to have a bit of a bite at least..." He stopped and shrugged. "Knowing Candy and her sweet tooth, she probably got two of these little cups, and drowned her burrito in it. Inside and out. Kara probably just used the one cup for the inside only." He'd be correct if Noel checked and asked later.

Once Lenard finished and tossed the box lid and fork in the trash, he headed for the door. "All right, group... Let's go restock. We'll also be stopping in the frozen food section so everyone can get some ice cream bars, or popsicles. Something like that. Also. Pat, get a tub of vanilla ice cream, as we're having cream soda floats for both dessert and drink tonight. Because... Ladies and Jeff... We're going back to the 50s tonight, and Americana Diner Fare." He went out to the car after putting on a light jacket, to start the "van".

Noel nodded and did as he suggested. She soon finished her meal and then cleaned up after herself before rejoining the others.

"Ahh 50's diner theme, I like it." Jeff nodded and got his phone out to see if he could theme other foods with it.

Noel joined Kara again and prepared to go to the store with the others.

Kara groaned softly. "I should have known Dad would do that one again since there's live-in guests... When we get back, help me find my roller skates and carhop costume. I put them up before you moved in, because I wasn't sure if we'd ever do it again." She was walking towards the van as she asked Noel for the help. "I'm the carhop. Mom will probably have the dishes."

Lenard nodded to Jeffrey. "Not sure if you can think of something though. Hamburgers, hot dogs, spaghetti instead of chili and breakfast made to order for the entreés; the latter might not be asked for since everyone had a pretty good one now. Something to replace the breakfast that's quick to make would be nice."

Noel nodded happily at Kara.
"Of course I will help in any way that I can."

Jeffery thought for a moment.
"The well first thing I think of for 50's diner is burgers and fries, though eggs and bacon could also work, maybe even chili dogs, isn't that an American classic?"

Lenard nodded. "Right. Chili, not spaghetti. And if I make enough fries, chili fries. Someone remember the shredded cheddar cheese. We'll need that for either. Everyone buckle up, no Candy, my wife gets the front passenger seat... Stop pointing at Jeff."

Kara snickered as she got in the seats behind the ones as the side door was opened. "Sorry, Candy. I tried to pull that with Bonnie one time when Dad was still talking to her. I got told off, too."

The pop star shrugged and got in the row even with the side door. "I tried, Jeff." She said, smirking his way.

Kara was in the seat behind Jeff and Candy already waiting for Noel.

Lenard was going to wait for everyone to buckle up and looked behind him and in his rearview mirror and addressed everyone before he pulled out as Pat fussed with her strap. "With six of us, we'll need two carts. Pat and I will work on the meats, deli and bakery. Kara, you and Noel stick with Jeff and Candy in the non perishable groceries and we'll all meet in the frozen for tv lunches and the frozen snacks. From the attack on our Fruity Pebbles and Trix... Jeff... Watch our favorite pop sensation in the cereal aisle. We need five boxes, which should take the six of us through October since we still have Grape Nuts and Frosted corn flakes unopened and a little apple cinnamon Cheerios left. Maximum of two kids cereals, like Trix, Pebbles, Lucky Charms, Cap'n Crunch and such... We consider sweetened cereals like flavored Cheerios, Awake, and Life as regular everyday cereals. I'll trust you on that. If you're not sure, text me or Pat."

Jeff smiled.
"I mean we could just get five boxes of all-bran, you all think that's fine?" he asked jokingly to the others.

Noel had got in back next to Kara and buckled her seat belt before lightly leaning on her and reaching to hold her hand.

Candy swatted Jeff's arm, just a little harder than she meant, but still gave him a pretty menacing stare down. Kara made a "barf" from the seat right behind him.

Candy gave Lenard a wide eyed surprised look and gasped as Lenard said. "Couple boxes of bran isn't a bad idea, but make it raisin bran, and two different boxes. One regular and maybe the other that raisin bran clusters with vanilla. One more on that, and we need something Kara will want to add to her oatmeal that's sweet. Maybe Apple Jacks. That leaves a nutritional one and a kid's cereal." They were on the way to the store and would arrive within ten minutes.

After saying "barf" to the all bran idea, and making a face that there was going to be two types of raisin bran, she took the offered hand. "Well. At least I get some apple jacks to add to my oatmeal. That's good..."

Jeffery laughed at the swat, seemed he got his desired response.

Once in the store, Jeffery first made sure they got the clarified cereals before looking for the remaining healthy and kids options.
"What about cheerios?" He offered.

Noel stayed mostly quiet as she clung close to Kara.

Kara was the first to pop up with a response. "Since there's a bow or two left of the apple cinnamon Cheerios, and we're getting Apple Jacks... And usually there's a Cheerios box in the house, that's not a bad idea. Had the fruity one and honey nut one the last two times, with the fruity one going into this month...." She spotted the multi grain one, "There! That one!" She said pointing to it. "Multigrain. We haven't had that one recently. We all like it. I swear it's Mom's favorite, though, as it seems to disappear quicker than the other Cheerios when we get it. I might try that clusters raisin bran in my oatmeal, that actually looks more appetizing than that plain raisin bran. Speaking of... We need some more instant oatmeal. We get the variety spice box. Apples and cinnamon, maple and brown sugar, and cinnamon and spice. And the regular, too." While she went to retrieve a couple boxes of the right variety pack and the canister of oatmeal, Candy made their choice on the kids' cereal, throwing a box of Lucky Charms into the cart, and then asking innocently, "What? A box of kid's cereal." Leave it to Candy to pick probably the sweetest kids cereal on the market today.

Kara looked at Noel. "You're eating too, aren't you going to offer up anything? Like counter Candy's choice? The Apple Jacks are for flavoring this." She held up the canister of regular oatmeal, "with a handful right in the bowl. Like how I did with the Fruity Pebbles in the instant the other day? Usually, I do only mix with the plain oatmeal, but I was feeling adventurous."

Noel shook her head "Oh no, I umm I don't mind. I can have whatever." Noel responded.

"Don't fall for that Kara. Noel has always been shy about requesting food, we were taught that it was rude, which can be right, sometimes." Jeff commented.

Kara shook her head. "Wasn't going to anyhoo." She commented. She turned to Noel and grasped both hands in hers both firm and gently. "We're all adults, here, you're not going to hurt anyone's feelings if you want a different kids cereal or something out of this breakfast aisle, like the cereal bars or granola bars or even Ovaltine." She pointed to the bottom shelf and large jar of the breakfast drink. "We are also close to the fruit snacks, and coffee aisle that has the teas, too." Technically, Kara wasn't an adult, per se, until January first, but she was trying to prove her point about Noel allowing the pop star guest pick the kids cereal and not Noel, whose permanent address was the Zorels.

Noel paused for a moment, squeezing Kara's hands back. "Actually, I am not a huge cereal fan, maybe like a fruit or something?" She asked a concerned look on her face.

"Okay." Kara smiled, you can pick our fruit when we get there, deal?" At least it was something. Kara glanced at Candy and went over to the breakfast bars which was mostly granola bars or cereal bars and grabbed a variety pack box of Nature Valley. "This is so Mom doesn't scream too loud about Candy's cereal pick. Dad will be fine with it.

In the coffee and tea aisle, Kara grabbed a box of 100 green tea and regular tea bags... The regular being Lipton, then it would be off to the produce section and Noel's pick for breakfast fruits, while Kara would look over the avocados, and need to call Jeffrey over to help her sort through them, the tomatoes, onions and cucumbers. Candy, wandered over to the apricots and peaches. They would have to look at berries at some point.

Back
Top Bottom